Tough spot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tough spot

I'm new to this forum and just wanted to share a hand I played in January and see what you think.

We are last 7 of 500 plus in a E10k GTD R/A on ipoker.
    Blinds are 7k,14k with 1.4k ante.

I have 172k starting the hand.
    The big stack has 629k and the average stack is 324k.
    The short stack has 23k starting the hand and has 14k of this in the pot as he is on the BB(so has approx. 7k left if he folds here).

UTG min raises to 28k. I'm in the cut off and look down at AKo with 4 players to act after me( the button(629k),SB(401k) BB(23k) and the guy that has raised(451k).

Immediately I thought that this is a fold ICM wise( the payout for 7th was 333e, and for 6th it was 436e.

I can pick up 60k if I push and everyone folds( 35% of my stack) and if the BB calls with his last 7k I and wins the hand I stand to lose 13% of my stack...but with AK against his BB likelihood I like my chances.

So I tank for a while and go AI for 172k. I get "just called" immediately by the button. Every1 else folds including the BB!!!

He shows KK to my AK. ...Board comes 62788.

What would you do in this spot? Bank the extra 103e or take this spot and go for it....?

Immediately after the hand I was sick...but spoke to flatmates that play poker and they all said they would go all in that spot...

AK and 12bbs facing an open? Burn marks on the virtual felt getting my chips in

Comment

lol...yeah thats what evry1 has said...but when you really think about it...the BB is probably going to call if everone else folds and will be all in on the SB...I actually could have done with the extra 100 quid at the time to be honest so I think I should have folded in hindsight regardless.

But thats poker right!

I'll post a few more hands I would like opinions on as I was on earlier looking for someone to stake me and understand i need 30plus posts to even apply for a stake.

cheers

Comment

Really standard shove with your stack size. Unless you want to climb the payouts? You seem to have it in your head that the BB is a certainty to be KO'd. Play for the win and shove.

I just read your MTT staking thread. I'm not sure why it was locked given you were asking for someone to point you in the direction of a backer. There's plenty of grinders around here who are staked and should be able to point you in the right direction. The problem for you might be that you would need to show stats that you have some potential as a winning player (maybe I'm wrong here, just an educated guess).

Judging from the hand above and your posts you'd be best off imo getting some coaching (which all the cool kids do these days) and/or trying to improve your understanding of the game before getting backed. So yeah, posting hands is a good start. Maybe read some poker books but that seems to be a bit of an old school learning method these days, won't do any harm anyway.

Comment

Hi Caf,

Thanks for your post.

I'm open to any advice people are willing to give me.

I can PM you my screen name and you can see my stats if you like.

I can't seem to find an option to PM though, do I have to make a certain number of posts in order to PM soneone?

Comment

Sounds like one of those set up hands

Comment

this really isnt an ICM spot at all with such a small payjump and folding should never even be considered here. RE staking, without knowing your stats but from this hand and what seems like your general mindset from your posts id say you will have a very hard time finding a backer
              Last edited by chips1234; 15-02-14, 19:41. Reason: not meaning to come off as a prick here

Comment

Originally posted by godlovesatrier View Post
                Hi Caf,

Thanks for your post.

I'm open to any advice people are willing to give me.

I can PM you my screen name and you can see my stats if you like.

I can't seem to find an option to PM though, do I have to make a certain number of posts in order to PM soneone?
                No need to pm me your stats. I'm not a backer, I don't play the game anymore. Well very rarely.

Not sure if you need a certain amount of posts to pm.

There's no harm in just posting your stats, most people do and if you're looking to be backed then it's pretty much a necessity.

Comment

Originally posted by Caf View Post
                  No need to pm me your stats. I'm not a backer, I don't play the game anymore. Well very rarely.

Not sure if you need a certain amount of posts to pm.

There's no harm in just posting your stats, most people do and if you're looking to be backed then it's pretty much a necessity.
                  i aree with caf just post your stats and i'll tell you if you will or wont be staked and then can tell you what you need to improve in order to be considered for staking by a backer, they generally will look at volume, profit and average buy in

Comment

try the part time poker forum op.its deffo your best bet if your looking for a stake
                    “The only way to get smarter is by playing a smarter opponent.”

Comment

my stats on pro poker labs for mtts on ipoker:

games played :312
                      ave. profit: $13.59
                      ave. roi: 256%
                      total profit: $4240
                      ave buy in:$5.32
                      ITM: 19%
                      Early finishes: 0.6%
                      early middle finishes: 8.7%
                      middle finishes: 51.9%
                      middle late finishes: 23.1%
                      late finishes: 15.7%

sharkscope gives different stats for some reason:

games played: 349
                      ave. profit: e7.42
                      ave. stake: e9.11
                      ave. roi: 96.6%
                      profit: e2588
                      ability:: 77

They are my stats..if anyone wants proof I will PM you my screenname. I don't want to post on the forum to everybody only to those that are interested.

Comment

Working...
                      X