$10rebuy 3handed Spot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

$10rebuy 3handed Spot

Posting this hand up because I got some very contrasting views from people I have asked so far. Immediately after the hand I was unhappy with how I played it so going to see what the growing MTT community on here think. This hand occurred while 3 handed on the final table of the $10 rebuy 20k gtd on Ipoker. 2 Hands previous I doubled the villain up 3bet jamming 66 into his btn min raise with 1010 for <20bb effective. Throughout the final he seemed to be happy to let me steal away never 3bet jamming his 20bb stack or playing back when there were 2 other shorties (10-15bbs) on the table. Although this info is relevant he is a winning reg in these games that may be opening up now once he has a stack that can really damage me. His hem stats are 15/12/6.

The payouts are 1) $3.7k 2) $2.7k 3) $2k

IPoker, $10 Buy-in (14,000/28,000 blinds, 2,800 ante) No Limit Hold'em Tournament, 3 Players

SB: 1,078,606 (38.5 bb)
    BB: 367,644 (13.1 bb)
    Hero (BTN): 1,628,250 (58.2 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BTN with 9 9
    Hero raises to 56,000, SB raises to 154,000, BB folds, Hero ??

Fold for me anyway.

You have too big a stack to be risking here for more than likely a 55/45 in your favour at best.

Some would say call and evaluate on flop but I'd be sure he'll cbet any flop regardless.

Comment

I don't mind call or getting it in here. I'd never be able to fold a hand this good 3 handed, so for me folding is totally out of the question.

I'd call for ICM and given we've got position. Have a look at his aggression frequency and depending on that, would be how many streets i'd be willing to call.

Shoving for value too if we do decide to get it in. Tbh, though, i'd probably call in this spot.
      Last edited by peterswellman; 23-05-13, 21:59.

Comment

not folding ever, not 4 betting alot v this villain, flatting, floating most flops, and bombing at the first sign of weakness, possibly floating turn aswell depending on board texture and how big his bet sizing is

Comment

Agree with chips for the most part but probably 4b/6b to be honest, his calling range is gonna be so small imo. Click it back get the 5b and the stick it in his eye. ICM implications for him make it a pre flop decision imo.

Comment

Originally posted by brady23 View Post
            Agree with chips for the most part but probably 4b/6b to be honest, his calling range is gonna be so small imo. Click it back get the 5b and the stick it in his eye. ICM implications for him make it a pre flop decision imo.
            he just snaps us with better everytime when we do this and folds all the hands that we are beating, so essentially we are turning 99 3 handed into a bluff pre flop.

EDIT: obv AK/AQ are in his range aswell
            Last edited by chips1234; 23-05-13, 22:06.

Comment

Originally posted by chips1234 View Post
              he just snaps us with better everytime when we do this and folds all the hands that we are beating, so essentially we are turning 99 3 handed into a bluff pre flop.

EDIT: obv AK/AQ are in his range aswell
              I dunno I'd rather put him under pressure in this spot but you're probably right

Comment

flatting is an option as you have position but i would prefer to 4/bet with the intention of getting it all in. he is 3-betting a button raise 3 handed after all, your stats are important here too if you have been raising a lot i'd go with a 4-bet but if u have been playing tight maybe a flatcall might be the better option and re-evaluate the flop. 4 betting puts a lot of pressure on him with the shortstack there and he may fold hands he would normally take a flip with
                The smarter you play the luckier you'll be
                MTT Calender 2015

Comment

Just talked about this hand with chips seem in agreement call and take it to the streets is far superior.
                  If we do 4b we are going to get ripped on more often than get the chance to 6b anyway, probably never actually get the chance to 6b and if we do hes gonna be nutted almost everytime.
                  If we did 4b and get jammed we're obviously calling but it feels horrible to be in a flip with some random broadway, no need to print equity for the shorty.

Folding to the 3b is ludicrous.

Comment

Originally posted by Laois Hammer View Post
                    Just talked about this hand with chips seem in agreement call and take it to the streets is far superior.
                    If we do 4b we are going to get ripped on more often than get the chance to 6b anyway, probably never actually get the chance to 6b and if we do hes gonna be nutted almost everytime.
                    If we did 4b and get jammed we're obviously calling but it feels horrible to be in a flip with some random broadway, no need to print equity for the shorty.

Folding to the 3b is ludicrous.
                    Yeah of course, I mean who would be bad enough to 4bet fold
                    Here is what happenned :
                    SPOILER
                    IPoker, $10 Buy-in (14,000/28,000 blinds, 2,800 ante) No Limit Hold'em Tournament, 3 Players

SB: 1,078,606 (38.5 bb)
                    BB: 367,644 (13.1 bb)
                    Hero (BTN): 1,628,250 (58.2 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BTN with 9 9
                    Hero raises to 56,000, SB raises to 154,000, BB folds, Hero raises to 279,995, SB raises to 1,075,806 and is all-in, Hero folds

Results: 596,390 pot
                    SB mucked and won 596,390 (313,595 net)

My thought process at the time was just folding to his 3bet was never really an option. I felt if I flat called I was going to be playing a guessing game a lot of the time post flop. Was a lot to just jam in. Knowing he is a tight player and knowing that he is paying attention to other stacks on the table for ICM reasons I didn't think he would ever 5bet jam without being ahead of us (Besides AK/AQs). So when I went with the 4bet I thought I was defining whether I was ahead or behind in the hand essentially.

Looking back now, having had a lots of opinions on this hand from respected players I think flatting is better and just play it post flop. Its just too good of a hand to turn into a bluff really.

Comment

4b/f really really sucks, people worry about "guessing games" when we're constantly making guesses about ranges, equity, strength, etc. Don't be afraid to be put in tough spots, mid strength hands invariably give you tough decisions from time to time. Here we can reassess post flop, get away pretty easily on strong ace/king high boards, peel turns on others that don't slam his 3b range. in a vacuum probably stacking off most of the time we flop an overpair but with sizing reads we can adjust, effective spr gives us some room to manoeuvre. All of these guessing games postflop are wholly superior to lighting equity on fire pre by turning a nut hand 3 handed into a bluff.
                      "c'est en faisant n'importe quoi qu'on devient n'importe qui"

Comment

Working...
                      X