Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chelsea cup from the past thing, going to extra time.
    Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Deffo a gig where all phones should have been banned, just appreciate being there in that moment in time.

He doesn't look long for this world unfortunately.

Originally posted by Mike Bullocks View Post
      Emotional. Shane's 60th

https://youtu.be/LFEgN3pJmMk
      This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
        That looks amaaazzzing! Went to this Maison de la Magie in the Loire Valley over the summer, but wasn't anywhere near what that one promises.
        We went to that too.

The clock thing is fun.
        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Made a new years resolution to learn 12 magic tricks (one a month was the thinking behind the weird number). The kid loves magic (or more particularly critiquing magic as not really being magic), and we also wasted a fair bit of time watching Penn and Teller Fool Us on Netflix.

Getting the Penn and Teller magic kit as that'll be fun for all the family, but has anyone learned any impressive magic tricks that weren't too difficult? Looked up the spoon bending one there and seems like it could be decent. But need the first one to be super-impressive to build up family credibility, and not sure spoons is quite it.
            Originally posted by mocata View Post
            On a similar note, just got confirmation of a booking for this place in LA. http://www.magiccastle.com

I are excite
            Turning millions into thousands

Comment

That Senator, Lynn Ruane, is one seriously impressive person from what I've seen of her on multiple occasions. She's on that Tommy Tiernan chat show thing now.

Comment

Pelanties incoming on BBC1, 9 men Chelsea hung on bravely.

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                  Chelsea cup from the past thing, going to extra time.
                  Going to pelentys now.
                  Chelsea 2 sent off in the second half of extra time.
                  Ref taking no crap.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                      Fuck I know her. Hope the bitch takes bitcoins.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Real blood boiler this morn.

I regularly run this 3k loop near my house. A few weeks ago I ran by this oul wan who was walking her dog, a big Labrador. A few hundred metres later I ran through a big steaming pile of dog shite, shat right in the middle of the footpath.

Fucking very same thing this morning. Same oul wan, again right in the middle of the footpath.

What sort of a cunt does that?

I sped up and tried to catch her on the other side of the loop but she was gone. Was gonna lay into her. Will the next time I see her.

Kids play and roll around on the floor and I'm getting back to the house with that cunts dog shite all over my shoes.

Aaaarrrhh, so frustrating not catching up with her.
                            I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post

I regularly run this 3k loop near my house. A few weeks ago I ran by this oul wan who was walking her dog, a big Labrador. A few hundred metres later I ran through a big steaming pile of dog shite, shat right in the middle of the footpath.

Fucking very same thing this morning. Same oul wan, again right in the middle of the footpath.

I sped up and tried to catch her on the other side of the loop but she was gone. Was gonna lay into her. Will the next time I see her.

Kids play and roll around on the floor and I'm getting back to the house with that cunts dog shite all over my shoes.

Try fartleg(no pun Intended) training and intervals and you'll soon outrun the ol wan. Keep it up you are doing great

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Bullocks View Post
                                  Try fartleg(no pun Intended) training and intervals and you'll soon outrun the ol wan. Keep it up you are doing great
                                  Actually set out to do some fartlek this morning but the legs felt a little heavy, decided to run it easy. Ran at 5k pace though with the shite on me shoes.

Comment

Look where you are going m8.

Comment

find out where she lives and shit on her doorstep

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                        Look where you are going m8.
                                        I've obviously got good posture, chest out head up. Shit happens.

Comment

If you prayed more, God would not have let that happen.

Comment

How do you know it's her dog that's shitting there? Could have been a dog from a little earlier.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                              How do you know it's her dog that's shitting there? Could have been a dog from a little earlier.
                                              Steaming big dog shits, fresh from the arse, on two separate occasions. It was her.

Comment

Steaming big dog shits, fresh from the arse, on two separate occasions. It was her.
                                                Good to know it was from his arse anyway

Comment

Make your mind up Laz, was it the dog or her!

Comment

Made a new years resolution to learn 12 magic tricks (one a month was the thinking behind the weird number). The kid loves magic (or more particularly critiquing magic as not really being magic), and we also wasted a fair bit of time watching Penn and Teller Fool Us on Netflix.

Getting the Penn and Teller magic kit as that'll be fun for all the family, but has anyone learned any impressive magic tricks that weren't too difficult? Looked up the spoon bending one there and seems like it could be decent. But need the first one to be super-impressive to build up family credibility, and not sure spoons is quite it.
                                                    I'm doing something similar. Because;
                                                    a) because I love magic
                                                    b) I want to entertain my daughter now
                                                    c) I was to REALLY embarrass her when she's older by doing them for her peers

This is a good one
                                                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                      If you prayed more, God would not have let that happen.
                                                      Man this is crazy stuff. Dog shit is an anagram of God Hits . Praise dalord.

Comment

CNN taking 4 of the 11 fake news awards, not a big shock!

Comment

If it makes you feel any better I had to clean up human shit on Monday night at the soup run as somebody decided to have a dump against the GPO.

Not sure how I didn't puke

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                                                            If it makes you feel any better I had to clean up human shit on Monday night at the soup run as somebody decided to have a dump against the GPO.

Not sure how I didn't puke
                                                            hose or a napkin from supermacs?
                                                            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                              That's no way to treat the homeless . Hmmmm or is it ?

Comment

Finally got around to trying Pilates, thought I'd need a new hip throughout but enjoyable overall. Will do again.

Comment

Duck curry from sushi king is the truth

Comment

Or was it the dog

Comment

Duck curry from sushi king is the truth
                                                                      Still only a Thursday special? Since moved office I've been missing out

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface View Post
                                                                            Still only a Thursday special? Since moved office I've been missing out
                                                                            Yeah. It's fucking sexual though

Comment

...

Comment

This one can be fun Hitch

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Good one with a group. He does the auld switcheroo when he points something out to the audience and then puts his hands back together a different way.

All the way from Kolkata Magician David teaching his magical tricks at Dilli Haat.Even the audience enjoyed and learn his tricks, twisting their hands toge...
                                                                                Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

David Letterman has a new show on Netflix. First episode was an interview with Barack Obama and it was absolutely fantastic. Bit of a laugh and not too serious. Well worth a watch.

Comment

It is astounding how socially liberal Ireland has become in just our generation. From probably the most conservative in Europe, to one that's at the forefront of global social liberation.
                                                                                    Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Scooped it up with an empty soup bowl and coffee cup

Comment

A great buzzfeed article, you ask incredulously? Surely not. And yet here it is.

The 29 Stages Of A Twitterstorm In 2018
                                                                                        Top stuff.fergus mcontrary and billy verified under the trump tweet are the standouts,nailed it

Edit:forgot Cryptoqueens-spat a bit of tea out at that one

Comment

Anyone here follow The white moose cafe on snap. Some banter the last few days!

Paul stenson is some crack

He is 40 odd in a relationship with a lad prob 20 yrs his junior and they own https://www.tripadvisor.ie/Hotel_Rev...ty_Dublin.html

He has landed himself in hot water a few times, its working he is very viral right now, making breaking news today , Twitter/ FB gone into overdrive. he is anti vegan anti over 65s in his premises and now anti bloggers after the last few days .

His blog / life story is excellent!

well worth a read
                                                                                          This section of the bog is about how and why I gave up the demon drink. Coming up to my one-year-clean at the end of July, I’ll be posting chapters daily. If alcohol is a problem for you, thi…

Last edited by SatNav; 19-01-18, 01:19.
                                                                                          Her sky-ness
                                                                                          © 5starpool

Comment

Ate chicken yesterday. Boo

We go again. This does not fking slip. (This time)

Comment

Michael Martin comes out as pro removing the abortion amendment and in favour of 12-week cutoff, with an impassioned and heartfelt case. That's highly unexpected!
                                                                                              Its certainly unexpected and fair play to him.

The cynic in me thinks its just the smart play tho.

The TD's who will be most opposed will be the old guard mainly. They are sitting in seats that they landslide easily every time. Does the few points O'Cuiv say will loose while still landsliding to victory really matter outside of transfers to the second in the area outside of pride.

In terms of picking up votes and seats in Urban areas the impact will be huge. The next election will see the abortion issue front and center as the social point or at least it will be fresh in peoples minds.

The referendum will pass pretty easily so why not stand up first, be the brave one and claim all the credit. Leo has the gay card but martin can balance it out with his own socially progressive issue and his will be more recent.

Massive seat gains here for a small lost from the Catholic hardcore who are falling away through death, the next scandal finally breaking their resolve and less of a herd to form the mentality.

The other plus is that it will force retirements on some and party reform on the rest if there is a split and free up space for younger face to take over. Trim the fat before the next race basically.

Cant see much of a downside bar loosing small amounts of voters in Donegal, Roscommon, Clare and Kerry.

Comment

I think you're underestimating things Richie. I don't think it'll be as cut and dried as that.

Comment

I think you're underestimating things Richie. I don't think it'll be as cut and dried as that.
                                                                                                  Ah here too much info.

Comment

Read some interesting facts that abortion with no reason has led to nearly 100% of babies with Down Syndrome in Iceland, Denmark and France (only ones I've seen stats for) been aborted, often the ones that are born is a result of the wrong result on the pre-natal screening.

Comment

Originally posted by jack90210 View Post
                                                                                                      Read some interesting facts that abortion with no reason has led to nearly 100% of babies with Down Syndrome in Iceland, Denmark and France (only ones I've seen stats for) been aborted, often the ones that are born is a result of the wrong result on the pre-natal screening.
                                                                                                      They had a reason is what you are saying. It's a horrible process no matter which side you support. We should remain morally sensitive to it whatever the law allows

Comment

Most of these screening tests are only available after about 14 weeks, so would not be relevant for the 12 week free for all period being suggested. There are ones available earlier, but they are riskier as far as I know, and less accurate.

I'm personally not in favour of abortion in most circumstances (same as most people) but I'm fully in favour of every mother (or couple) being able to make their own choices based on their own circumstances.

12 weeks, no reason, then after that with specific reasons (certain fatal foetal abnormalities, mothers life at risk, etc) is not perfect but is a decent starting point.

It really is not something that should be specified in the constitution one way or another. Remove the 8th amendment and legislate properly.

Comment

I'm personally not in favour of abortion in most circumstances (same as most people)
                                                                                                          Is the bold bit true?

You went on to name quite a few circumstances where you agree with it so what are the circumstances where you don't agree?

Not being smart just wondering?

Comment

What's your opinion on PGS (Preimplantation genetic screening)?

It's an option available for people going through IVF. Embryos are screened for various issues, Downs being one. Afaik it's not possible in Ireland to implant an embryo with Downs, as in the clinics won't do it, not sure about the UK.

What's your opinion of healthy frozen embryos never being implanted, being either destroyed or used for research?

Comment

I saw the Daily mail and Iona claiming that as a fact, it could well be, it is certainly plausible, lets assume it is.
                                                                                                              What would you want to do about it?

Comment

Originally posted by eoghan104 View Post
                                                                                                                Is the bold bit true?

You went on to name quite a few circumstances where you agree with it so what are the circumstances where you don't agree?

I mostly mean the abortion reasons not covered by the life risking or fatal abnormalities one. I'm assuming that most people (although I could be wrong) wouldn't without hesitation go ah ya, get an abortion. Some will be that casual about it, and again, they have the right to be in my view, but for most people, getting an abortion (or being a partner of someone getting one) would I think be a big decision.

Everyone has their own circumstances though to consider, whether financial, lifestyle or otherwise.

Comment

I mostly mean the abortion reasons not covered by the life risking or fatal abnormalities one. I'm assuming that most people (although I could be wrong) wouldn't without hesitation go ah ya, get an abortion. Some will be that casual about it, and again, they have the right to be in my view, but for most people, getting an abortion (or being a partner of someone getting one) would I think be a big decision.

Everyone has their own circumstances though to consider, whether financial, lifestyle or otherwise.
                                                                                                                  Yeah I agree for most people it's a big decision. I just don't think most people are anti-abortion.

It's a fascinating debate.

Comment

Yeah I agree for most people it's a big decision. I just don't think most people are anti-abortion.

Nobody is pro-abortion.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                                                                      Nobody is pro-abortion.
                                                                                                                      Obvs.

Well done on your pedantry though. Go high five all your friends.

Comment

I'd maybe flip the words and say very few people are pro-abortion, in that they don't think abortion is something to be cheered. But are still pro-choice.

Edit : As said above by Keane.

Comment

Is the bold bit true?

You can fully disagree with something and still be pro-choice.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X