No announcement yet.

Irish Football betting thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bohs are playing their u19s along with Ken Oman, Barry Murphy, Anto Murphy at right back and Aaron Greene against Fingal in the Leinster senior cup tonight, Fingal available at 5/2 on Boyles.

Comment

Into 2/1 now, still value Id say although I dont know Fingals squad.

Comment

weres beting on this?
        GAA News Website

Comment

trying to find out fingal team - although the playes in the changing room now so bit too late.
          GAA News Website

Comment

Originally posted by Semibluff View Post
            trying to find out fingal team - although the playes in the changing room now so bit too late.
            Anywhere to get the latest score in this game?

Comment

Updates.. http://www.extratime.ie/liveupdate/

This was available at 5/1 in Paddys this morning.

Comment

2-0 up couple of mins left.... Great shout thanks alot

Comment

good touch lads, mad at myself for missing that tbh

Comment

rang boyles up got a massive 100 on - as shops were closed - anyways - nice shout oscar
                    GAA News Website

Comment

what we fancy this weekend?

hard to look past all the faves. We might get a shock with bohs (hopefully tight game neways)

Raheny - what about shels? i think 5/2 longford is a little long, although admittedly theyre results show its not far off. (although i hear their performance say differently)

derry should cruise, as should Waterf. Also think UCD and Fingal could get wins, but more confident on the first two
                      GAA News Website

Comment

The only game in the prem Id even consider betting on is Fingal to win. Agree with Derry and Waterford. Ill probably avoid all the Prem games.

Comment

We (Cork City) looked very good against Athlone last Saturday.

By the same token Athlone were woeful.

Think Cork City/Derry City double is safe enough at around 11/8 at Boyles.
                          Last edited by applehunter; 25-03-10, 03:03.

Comment

backing derry at 8/13 with hills - that should be 1/2 if not shorter. This game could really kick start derrys season

Also backing Shamrock rovers at 6/5 vs galway

Cant see Cork or Wford losing - and the 4/9on Wford isnt too bad.

Cork/Wford/derry treble looks nice too.

Also hope Bohs dont romp the game - have sligo + 1.25 in asian
                            GAA News Website

Comment

Oh forgot about this tonight actually, have a small treble on cork and 2 german teams . If cork lose its a disgrace
                              Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Going to go with Derry, Cork, Waterford, there should be value on Rovers the second they announce a striker but can see Galway holding them tonight. No confirmation of Stewart starting tonight and they have a few suspended so avoiding for the moment. Small bet on the draw in the Galway Rovers game aswell.
                                Last edited by bohsman; 26-03-10, 18:35.

Comment

Some good picks there semibluff.

Waterford look the punt of the weekend.

Comment

Went to the first half of the Bohs game, best Ive seen us play all season. Could easily have been 3-1 at half time. Sligo the first team to have to guts to play 442 against us aswell. 2nd half was awful from what I hear.

Comment

backing derry at 8/13 with hills - that should be 1/2 if not shorter. This game could really kick start derrys season

Also backing Shamrock rovers at 6/5 vs galway

Cant see Cork or Wford losing - and the 4/9on Wford isnt too bad.

Cork/Wford/derry treble looks nice too.

Also hope Bohs dont romp the game - have sligo + 1.25 in asian
                                      binkity bink - fingal drifted to 1.6 as did ucd so got on them a little

Originally posted by applehunter View Post
                                      Some good picks there semibluff.

Waterford look the punt of the weekend.
                                      thanks apple - yeh sweet to land em all/ bohs was the biggest bet though

Originally posted by bohsman View Post
                                      Went to the first half of the Bohs game, best Ive seen us play all season. Could easily have been 3-1 at half time. Sligo the first team to have to guts to play 442 against us aswell. 2nd half was awful from what I hear.

funny that- they havnt clikced all year, then when they do they fail to convert. Sligo with 10 men for last 30 minutes - so extra sweet to hold.

anyone know much sbout shelbourne? thinking of laying them def at anything lower than 6/5
                                      GAA News Website

Comment

Yea, it was heroic stuff from their keeper tbh after the red card they closed up shop.

Not many Shels fans think they'll win so Id say its worth a lay, fair few injuries and suspensions.

Comment

longford missing philly byrne and pottsy (cb and winger) but fancy lester to start - and deans back in too. Hopefully they can hold them out. Recommend small bet with laddies at 5/2

Lford should be 2/1 at the largest
                                          GAA News Website

Comment

longford missing philly byrne and pottsy (cb and winger) but fancy lester to start - and deans back in too. Hopefully they can hold them out. Recommend small bet with laddies at 5/2

Lford should be 2/1 at the largest
                                            lol -

3-0 already
                                            GAA News Website

Comment

Only seeing your post now semibluff, sorry. For what it's worth I would have recommended the lay anyway - unlucky but it was a ridiculous game. Longford are dire, really bad in fact. During the pre-season I really fancied Longford to get a top 5 finish, judging by their results so far I wouldn't fancy that at all now.

Longford Town 3 - 2 Finn Harps Airtricity League First Division
                                              Monaghan United 2 - 2 Longford Town Airtricity League First Division
                                              Limerick FC 2 - 0 Longford Town Airtricity League First Division
                                              Athlone Town 1 - 0 Longford Town EA Sports Cup
                                              Longford Town 3 - 5 Shelbourne Airtricity League First Division

I'll be on the lookout for a decent price on Derry next weekend. Bohs tonight ht ft @ 11/10, not overly confident but they really shouldn't be struggling against a very poor Bray side.

Comment

Longford should be signing Simon Kelly from dundalk this week - he's a very decent centre back, so hopefully thatl improve them slightly, but yeh - they seem to be all over the place. Backing overs in their games seems a good bet.

Bohs game if OFF tonight - weather conditions
                                                GAA News Website

Comment

at a glance i really like derry at 5/6 away to longford. Longford have been looking to improve their squad the last week, namely their defence with Simon Kelly from dundalk (last season) on trial with them now. Derry just have too much class, and with no shortage of opportunities to score against Longford they should win this one (probably with a clean sheet also

as short as 4/9 is on waterford, it still looks very good also. Mervue are nearly as bad as Salthill devon. The weather may put off a more footballing team, but the big physical Waterford who are the form team at the moment, should still see off mervue easily

Athlone are over performing at the moment, and their league position as well as the teams they have beaten dont particularly mean they are any better than judged on pre season form. Gortakeegan is a fortress and i expect monaghan to see off Athlone, with even money being value on this

If cork drift before the off, like i expect away to limerick, then 5/2 would be a backable price for them (probably on betfair)

shels should see off Finn Harps too. Questions about their defence after conceding 3 to longford. Wouldnt go too mad on them unless they drift a little, 1.6+ would be nice

think fingal are too big at anything over 2's. And at a push would be opposing galway and Sham Rovers for a little

sligo Rovers value at 11/10 with bookies (5/4 gone now)
                                                  GAA News Website

Comment

at a glance i really like derry at 5/6 away to longford. Longford have been looking to improve their squad the last week, namely their defence with Simon Kelly from dundalk (last season) on trial with them now. Derry just have too much class, and with no shortage of opportunities to score against Longford they should win this one (probably with a clean sheet also

as short as 4/9 is on waterford, it still looks very good also. Mervue are nearly as bad as Salthill devon. The weather may put off a more footballing team, but the big physical Waterford who are the form team at the moment, should still see off mervue easily

Athlone are over performing at the moment, and their league position as well as the teams they have beaten dont particularly mean they are any better than judged on pre season form. Gortakeegan is a fortress and i expect monaghan to see off Athlone, with even money being value on this

If cork drift before the off, like i expect away to limerick, then 5/2 would be a backable price for them (probably on betfair)

shels should see off Finn Harps too. Questions about their defence after conceding 3 to longford. Wouldnt go too mad on them unless they drift a little, 1.6+ would be nice

think fingal are too big at anything over 2's. And at a push would be opposing galway and Sham Rovers for a little

I agree with Derry and Sligo. I'll be backing both of them. I'd love to back Waterford but I'm going to stay away. I backed them last week at a similar price away in Galway also but they only managed a 1-0 win. Mervue are a better side than Salthill so they will cause Waterford more problems. Waterford could run riot but I'll be sitting this one out. As for Shels, I still have no faith in this side so I won't be backing them, it's the worst side we've had in two and a half years. Derry and Sligo look good to me.

Comment

Fingal, Sligo, Derry and Waterford for me, and Monaghan.

Think 3/1 could be value on Linfield against Bohs considering we play Pats on Tuesday and Rovers on Friday.
                                                      Last edited by bohsman; 01-04-10, 18:50.

Comment

Think 3/1 could be value on Linfield against Bohs considering we play Pats on Tuesday and Rovers on Friday.
                                                        Scratch that, recent interviews with manager and players seems we're well up for the game.

Comment

Banbridge have a big cup final on Tuesday, I doubt they will risk players or injuries tonight away to Ballyclare. The latter 1/1 at home

Comment

Dont suppose theres latest scores for that anywhere?

Comment

Dont suppose theres latest scores for that anywhere?

Doubt it but ill see if i can fone anyone at it

Comment

Couldnt have been more wrong ffs

Comment

ul draw here - ugh

well played cork, convincing 3-1

nice win for shels

fingal got a draw, with 2 players missing, not bad

this not coming in killed me!
                                                                  cest la vie
                                                                  come on derry
                                                                  GAA News Website

Comment

Fingal, Sligo, Derry and Waterford for me, and Monaghan.

Linfield have a massive game on Tuesday against Glentoran!

Comment

Derry look the bet of the weekend @ 4/5 at Longford.

Comment

ship derry and waterf
                                                                        GAA News Website

Comment

League of Ireland: Midweek Premier Division Games

Bohs -V- Pats is on Tuesday evening and it's a hard one to call as it's a Dublin derby and 1st -v- 2nd. I've just had a shot of Ladbrokes 5/1 on an away win. This is definitely value. Powers go 4/1 while Boyles price Pats at 10/3. Pats are yet to concede a single goal this season, over 450 mins. I won't be surprised of a home win but 5/1 is worth a few euro. Also, I can't see you getting it this high on betfair.....

Comment

Drogheda @ 4/5 at home to Bray is my fancy.

Over 2.5 at odds against too.

Comment

#99
                                                                              Anyone want to back Pats at 9/2?

Comment

9/2 is a bit big alright.

No bet for me.

Comment

taking the 1.9 on bohs
                                                                                  GAA News Website

Comment

Just the arb for me. Took 5/1 layed off at 5.4

Comment

Originally posted by Raheny Red View Post
                                                                                      Bohs -V- Pats is on Tuesday evening and it's a hard one to call as it's a Dublin derby and 1st -v- 2nd. I've just had a shot of Ladbrokes 5/1 on an away win. This is definitely value. Powers go 4/1 while Boyles price Pats at 10/3. Pats are yet to concede a single goal this season, over 450 mins. I won't be surprised of a home win but 5/1 is worth a few euro. Also, I can't see you getting it this high on betfair.....

4/1 now, I'm happy enough.....

Comment

Just the arb for me. Took 5/1 layed off at 5.4
                                                                                        surely there's not enough liquidity in the market to make it worth while?

Comment

blessing in diguise, dint get matched at 1.9
                                                                                          lowered the price to 1.88 still didnt get on - hope pats hold now!
                                                                                          GAA News Website

Comment

Bring on the comeback for Bohs!
                                                                                            Foldaramus et foldarabimus

Comment

And within two mins its 2-1.

EDIT: Ugh. Disallowed goals hurt so much on live updates.
                                                                                              Last edited by TommyGunne; 06-04-10, 19:58.
                                                                                              Foldaramus et foldarabimus

Comment

ugh unlucky
                                                                                                GAA News Website

Comment

Looked perfectly legit on first viewing. Madden also missed an open goal from 5 yards late on.

Comment

Originally posted by thedini View Post
                                                                                                    surely there's not enough liquidity in the market to make it worth while?
                                                                                                    I thought Id be able to lay at lower than 5.4, Id like to get my discount rate up on betfair aswell as I have a fortune on the world cup. Anyway free money is free money.

Comment

Originally posted by Raheny Red View Post
                                                                                                      Bah, this value marlark is over rated...

Comment

lol raheny! sick getting on the value when doesnt land. I rem last year you spotted alot like this also yet wernt lucky enough to land it

6/5 PP on fingal is massive i think
                                                                                                        10/3 on ucd vs dundalk is too big too - with laddies
                                                                                                        would like to get Sligo at evens if they can drift, dont think backing 10/11 can be wrong, although holding out for a little better
                                                                                                        6/4 on bohs, or 5/2 on rovers would be a back in that game . . . at the moment ill be avoiding it

Derry a safe bet for the accum backers, if you can get 2/7 on it. Impossible winning in brandywell, and i still think derry are the best team in this league if they can get going.

8/13 with boyles ok on waterford, but ill be leaving them any lower. expect them to win, as have done in nearly every game they have played this year, yet they wont be able to continue this form all season, and limerick could get a result. Think its too easy to keep backing them, and the price may start to be a little too low because of this

Overs in the longford game is a good shout too. Their defence is in bits, and having scored an average of 2 goals a game, and have shipped nearly 3 goals a game against them the over 2.5 goals bet looks nice here. Cork have scored 6 and conceded 6 in their first 4 games, so anything over 10/11 would be very good bet here. (cue the 0-0)
                                                                                                        Last edited by Semibluff; 07-04-10, 15:56.
                                                                                                        GAA News Website

Comment

Fingal, Sligo and Bohs for me, wouldn't count on Sligo drifting, still value.

Comment

lol raheny! sick getting on the value when doesnt land. I rem last year you spotted alot like this also yet wernt lucky enough to land it
                                                                                                            6/5 PP on fingal is massive
                                                                                                            10/3 on ucd vs dundalk is too big too - with laddies
                                                                                                            would like to get Sligo at evens if they can drift, dont think backing 10/11 can be wrong, although holding out for a little better
                                                                                                            6/4 on bohs, or 5/2 on rovers would be a back in that game . . . at the moment ill be avoiding it

Derry a safe bet for the accum backers, if you can get 2/7 on it. Impossible winning in brandywell, and i still think derry are the best team in this league if they can get going.

8/13 with boyles ok on waterford, but ill be leaving them any lower. expect them to win, as have done in nearly every game they have played this year, yet they wont be able to continue this form all season, and limerick could get a result. Think its too easy to keep backing them, and the price may start to be a little too low because of this

Overs in the longford game is a good shout too. Their defence is in bits, and having scored an average of 2 goals a game, and have shipped nearly 3 goals a game against them the over 2.5 goals bet looks nice here. Cork have scored 6 and conceded 6 in their first 4 games, so anything over 10/11 would be very good bet here. (cue the 0-0)
                                                                                                            I really thought fingal would be 4/5

Comment

think fingal have been unreal this year so far. a few injuries at the moment, but their squad is good enough. they were very unlucky with the result against bohs in the opening game, and have performed well ever since. Buckley can get the most out of most the players.

Galway are the 2nd worse team in the league. Agree anything above evens is definetly value
                                                                                                              GAA News Website

Comment

Fingal have been hit and miss, they go a defensive 4-5-1 against bigger teams, didn't have a shot on target against Pats and while unlucky to lose against Bohs they never looked like winning. Unders is free money for any game against a team Buckley is scared of.

Comment

Fingal have been hit and miss, they go a defensive 4-5-1 against bigger teams, didn't have a shot on target against Pats and while unlucky to lose against Bohs they never looked like winning. Unders is free money for any game against a team Buckley is scared of.
                                                                                                                  can't wait until Sporting Fingal play against the Boogie Man.
                                                                                                                  GAA News Website

Comment

Anyone bar Bray and Drogheda really.

Comment

A silly 'away day' treble for me this weekend @ 10.4 - Shels, Bohs, Fingal.

Comment

Loathe to back super short in LOI, but Waterford price is a bit large no?

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                        X