Poker in Budapest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Poker in Budapest

Going to be there for a night in a few weeks, fancy playing some poker, preferably a tournament. Anyone been?
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Mayo-...0391231?ref=hl

Mayo's longest running and most successful pub poker league. Teach O'Hora, Kiltimagh every Wednesday night, entry €20. Re-entry €20.

I'm here at the minute and your post gave me the urge to play yesterday! There's a poker room called Universum in the Dana Plaza, only about 20 mins by tram from centre. I was surprised at how busy it was - around 10 cash games going yesterday evening. There were 50-50 games or 100-200 which is like 25c-50c. But effective stacks were around 200 euro and most pots were over the 50 euro mark. Dealer reiterated bets in English and the standard was probably a bit better than you would find in Ireland but definitely beatable!

Comment

Originally posted by FeetMagic View Post
      I'm here at the minute and your post gave me the urge to play yesterday! There's a poker room called Universum in the Dana Plaza, only about 20 mins by tram from centre. I was surprised at how busy it was - around 10 cash games going yesterday evening. There were 50-50 games or 100-200 which is like 25c-50c. But effective stacks were around 200 euro and most pots were over the 50 euro mark. Dealer reiterated bets in English and the standard was probably a bit better than you would find in Ireland but definitely beatable!
      Sounds ideal, any tournament when you were there?
      https://www.facebook.com/pages/Mayo-...0391231?ref=hl

Mayo's longest running and most successful pub poker league. Teach O'Hora, Kiltimagh every Wednesday night, entry €20. Re-entry €20.

Comment

Ya there was one already on when I arrived around 7pm, I'd say they have later ones too but tournament area was separate to cash games so I don't know numbers etc

Comment

Here at the minute myself won't get a chance tonight but will hopefully play tomorrow night and report back!

Comment

Great city, take a break from the pokers and enjoy yourselves m8s.

Comment

Awesome city. Get down to the baths after a grind

Comment

Working...
              X