Wsop 2016 Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kim Huybrechts View Post
    Weisner deserves at least a November 9 spot.

/thread
    Where is Damo when you need him?

Comment

Originally posted by Kim Huybrechts View Post
      Weisner deserves at least a November 9 spot.

/thread
      in fairness, it would be good to see a woman november 9er/winning it. odds on it happening are quite high. her deserving it is a ridic statement though. think maria ho is still in as well.

EDIT: it might also put an end to that fucking last woman standing shit that espn do every year.
      Last edited by chips1234; 16-07-16, 17:21.

Comment

Gavin gone 173rd for 42k

Comment

Max Silver 39/80. He's been here often enough to adopted Irish right?

Also pocketrockets' schoolmate is sitting in 6th spot. Didn't come across as someone you'd want to hang out with in that YouTube link posted!

Comment

Originally posted by NuckChorris View Post
            Max Silver 39/80. He's been here often enough to adopted Irish right?

Also pocketrockets' schoolmate is sitting in 6th spot. Didn't come across as someone you'd want to hang out with in that YouTube link posted!
            He's making an arse of himself.

There's more than 600,000 in the pot as the river card arrives on a 5d3h2c 8h Ts board. William Kassouf is heads up and out of position, and he moves all in with his big stack. That puts the decision on Stacy Matuson, who has 490,000 chips left in front of her.

While Matuson deliberates, the cameras gather around, and Kassouf starts chatting. "You don't want to be eliminated in front of the whole camera crew, do you? The whole world?" By this time, a watchful floorman has arrived, and he gives Kassouf a verbal warning about his conversation. Kassouf, however, doesn't stop. He continues to offer bits of conversation, including things like "lay it down" and "don't go broke in this hand."

Now Matuson is getting upset, and she pleads with the floorman for some help. "How is his hand still live?" she asks.

The floorman repeats his warning to Kassouf and explains that he and Kassouf will "have a discussion" after the hand. Kassouf continues to peck, though, and the floorman has had enough. "If you say one more word before the hand is over, I'm going to give you a penalty."

"I'll handle this one," Tournament Director Jack Effel says, suddenly stepping into place behind Kassouf.

Kassouf is not done trying, though. He complies with the order to remain quiet, but he mimes and gestures and waves his hands at Matuson while she thinks. He zips his lips with his fingers, then plays charades with "You show, I'll show," acting it out several times. Effel now issues him another verbal warning.

"How about a clock?" someone at the table asks. "We want to play, too."

Matuson is not happy with the time limit imposed on her, and she lets the clock tick all the way down to zero before open-mucking QQ .

Kassouf, on the other hand, is particularly pleased with himself. "Do you want to see it? Do you?" Matuson nods. "Double gutter and I missed," Kassouf says, showing 9-6o . "Nine-high like a boss! Big heart. Big heart of a lion."

Kassouf is quickly pulled aside by Jack Effel, who issues him a one-orbit penalty for taunting.

"How dare you call the clock on me?" Matuson says as she stands up to gather herself for a moment.

Kassouf has a lot of chips, but they're still in an uncountable pile in front of his vacant seat -- call it 3,500,000 for now. Matuson, on the other hand, does not have a lot of chips left after surrendering that big pot.
            He'll certainly make the highlights show fun.

I dedicate this video to my friend Ken Wong who was railing me at UKIPT Dublin! This is a Chinese translation/version of the sick coo that occurred during th...

Comment

Originally posted by *PocketRockets* View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAWhIV3YTeA
              Isn't speech play allowed heads up?

Comment

She sounds like a big crybaby.

Comment

Have seen plenty of him on various EPTs and also had the 'pleasure' of spending some table time with him at the Irish Open. He slows the game down something terrible and just speech plays every decision. He's too much to take.

Comment

If Kassouf slows the game for all that's unfortunate. However I presume he is like manna from the Gods for TV producers ...

Comment

Haven't really been keeping up to date with the ME this year, but with 57 players left, the field is loaded with some really good players and there's potential for a cracking November 9.

Chris Klodnicki - Plenty of WSOP FTs and $6m in earnings
                      Tom Marchese - A good few WSOP FTs and plays a good game
                      Tony Gregg - Former One Drop Winner for almost $5m and plays all the biggest games
                      Max Silver - Not managed a bracelet yet but we all know about Max in Europe
                      Paul Volpe - A couple of bracelts and pleny of other FTs
                      Tom Middleton - Class live and online player. Love watching this guy play
                      James Obst - Great live and online player, moreso in mixed games but got a good game
                      Dan Coleman - Just the Big One winner for 15m plus tons of other scores. As ballsy as they come
                      Griffin Benger - Downtown's mate that plays as Flush_Entity, and did a well for us a couple of years ago - http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...ad.php?t=12933

Some others..

Cliff Josephy - A couple of bracelets and runs good in staking with Joe Cada and Annette15 winning him $$$$. Will keep the older guys happy! Plays as JohnnyBax
                      Jared Bleznick - Bit of a badboy
                      William Kassouf - Mr Mouth that will tilt the bejesus out of anyone!
                      Jared Bleznick - Will be everyone's enemy Number 1 due to being a horrible little prick with history of cheating, poker bans, threatening behaviour etc

Probably a couple of online wizards that i don't know about, but would love to see half of the guys above make the FT. One Time for the Main Event!

Comment

Bit disappointing with the survivors of the cut, but still some good players left. Antoine Saout also 24/27 and hoping to go better than his 3rd place a few years ago.

Josephy 3/27
                        Obst 4/27
                        Marchese 10/27
                        Bleznick 18/27
                        Benger 20/27
                        Kassouf 22/27

Comment

Yesterdays news

Sounds like a terrible ruling to me, he's a pain but speech play is part of the game and he is very good at it.
                          Last edited by Strewelpeter; 18-07-16, 10:27.
                          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Bleznick's class exit from Event 34

He is apparently coached by Hellmuth! I assume coached on play, not on throwing tantrums.

Would love to see Kassouf winding Bleznick up at a ME Final Table

Comment

Originally posted by colm_leche View Post
                              If Kassouf slows the game for all that's unfortunate. However I presume he is like manna from the Gods for TV producers ...
                              MAJOR SPOILER

SPOILER

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                Love the pic!

Comment

Originally posted by NuckChorris View Post
                                  Love the pic!

Downtown on the White Russians

Comment

I think Cal A's shirt sums it up. KARMA.

Comment

Not getting the kasseouf hate. He adds a bit of fun to the table tbh. Have been at his table lots of times and always enjoyable.
                                      Redbet at the Dublin Poker Invasion FTW

Comment

Originally posted by The Aul Switcharoo View Post
                                        Not getting the kasseouf hate. He adds a bit of fun to the table tbh. Have been at his table lots of times and always enjoyable.
                                        +1, the game is full of dull robots with zero personality and he adds a bit of interest and excitement, hopefully this will encouragement more personalitys to play the game.

Comment

Originally posted by The Aul Switcharoo View Post
                                          Originally posted by Jules View Post
                                          +1, the game is full of dull robots with zero personality and he adds a bit of interest and excitement, hopefully this will encouragement more personalitys to play the game.
                                          Iv played with him before and don't particularly have a problem with someone talking. They can add colour to the game. The problem with William wasn't so much his talking. He was disrupting the game. At one point with about 20 left, he would take 60 seconds before looking at his cards. Talking about the action and being borderline with the rules. He was one of the chip leaders too at this point so he wasn't stalling for pay jumps. The whole table resorted to calling clock on him as soon as the action was on him. This was after the TD had pulled him aside several times. He angered the whole table and tournament staff. He set himself up as the villain. I'm sure he will be edited as the heel too. In the hand with Griffin, he berated and talked to griffin for a solid 5-7 minutes without griffin saying one word before Griffin snapped back and called him a verbally abusive bully. It's certain to be the hand of the WSOP 16 and one of the iconic series moments.

Comment

It's back!

WSOP Main Event Episode 1

SPOILER

WSOP Main Event Episode 2

SPOILER

Comment

I agree with downtown. I have played with kassouf in side event of goliath Coventry.He talks non stop,rarely switches off,I had no problem with that.But is extremely annoying as he slows the game down for every hand he is in.I ended up calling clock on him after a while due to his slow play and because I was short.usually young players play quick.

Personally,I don't think he would make great tv viewing because he is just rambling on and I don't think he has much charisma like a phil laak for example.Just cos player talks nonsense for minutes on end doesn't make them compelling tv viewing,does it?I'd rather watch a player making good moves though his shove on woman was good,showed he had heart.but overall I doubt many would love playing with him in day of internet poker where you get more hands per hr.

Comment

Coverage Spoiler

SPOILER
                                                So many nothing, garbage hands shown. Whoever picks these 'highlights' hasn't a fucking clue.

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                  Coverage Spoiler

SPOILER
                                                  So many nothing, garbage hands shown. Whoever picks these 'highlights' hasn't a fucking clue.
                                                  Awful stuff, you would really have to worry about the continued coverage when this is what we get. There was maybe two interesting hands in two hours.

Even this year's outer table stuff was standard coin-flips with zero excitement. A few years ago an outer table hand would be total mayhem like quads against a royal flush and that type of stuff. Who honestly wants to see A9 v 44 in a point for less than average with no one having a clue who the players involved even are?

Comment

Originally posted by peterswellman View Post
                                                    Awful stuff, you would really have to worry about the continued coverage when this is what we get. There was maybe two interesting hands in two hours.

Even this year's outer table stuff was standard coin-flips with zero excitement. A few years ago an outer table hand would be total mayhem like quads against a royal flush and that type of stuff. Who honestly wants to see A9 v 44 in a point for less than average with no one having a clue who the players involved even are?
                                                    Yep, the 3 way hand between Deeb, Obst and the other guy was an interesting spot but the rest was just terrible tbh. They started with about 400 players left (similar to last 2 years?) so we don't get to see the other 6k players bust. Much preferred the first few episodes to show all the outer table stuff with some charters and fun hands.

Nevermind flips..

SPOILER
                                                    when the guy opens UTG, gets 3bet and then 4bets and gets it through. Is that the best they can come up with??

Comment

Do they get paid to appear on TV by ESPN for this? I mean apart from prize money. Hint...they really should.

Comment

Originally posted by PeaceandFire View Post
                                                        Do they get paid to appear on TV by ESPN for this? I mean apart from prize money. Hint...they really should.
                                                        Id imagine like most televised poker events you sign a waiver before you sit down.

Comment

Id imagine like most televised poker events you sign a waiver before you sit down.
                                                          Yeah but that's when they are one out of ....gazillions. I thought the finalists would re negotiate. Anyway it doesn't matter ty for link :-)

Comment

Episode 3

SPOILER

Episode 4

SPOILER

Comment

Vintage Kassouf in episode 4

SPOILER
                                                              9 high like a boss!

Comment

What are you allowed to say during heads up and why do you not have to sit at table while penalty is going on . Surely being able to leave table does nothing

Comment

EP:5
                                                                  SPOILER

EP:6
                                                                  SPOILER

Comment

Got a couple of notifications today but don't think any of them are the full version of Episode 5 yet so i'm holding off watching it for now!

Comment

Keep them coming Tony really enjoying them👍🏻
                                                                      location green and yellow stretford end

Comment

This is a 41min version of episode 5 above (not watched it yet, but think i'll pull the trigger on this one because nothing else coming up yet)

Seemingly they pulled the plug in the middle of airing it to bring news of Arnold Palmers death, so not sure if it's been fully aired and downloaded yet.

SPOILER

Ep 6 above looks kosher though.

Comment

Sick for Melanie. Guy painted himself into a corner, not the worst call in the end I suppose.

Comment

Full HD version of Ep 5. Lots missing from the middle of the earlier Ep 5 posted

SPOILER

Ep 6 HD here too

SPOILER

Comment

#98
                                                                              Ep 7

SPOILER

Ep 8

SPOILER

Start of Ep 7 spoiler..

SPOILER
                                                                              lol, cheat sheet!

Comment

#99
                                                                                I definitely don't hate Kassouf but the shows editing leaves a lot to be desired. The amount if TV time he has gotten on meaningless hands because he has a couple of catchphrases is annoying. The secondary table is pretty stacked but we have seen nothing for it either. We get it, Kassouf likes to talk during hands. It would be fine if the hands were semi interesting but a lot haven't.

Comment

I definitely don't hate Kassouf but the shows editing leaves a lot to be desired. The amount if TV time he has gotten on meaningless hands because he has a couple of catchphrases is annoying. The secondary table is pretty stacked but we have seen nothing for it either. We get it, Kassouf likes to talk during hands. It would be fine if the hands were semi interesting but a lot haven't.
                                                                                  SPOILER
                                                                                  It's defiantly just stacked editing, but it's the same Kassouf thing over and over and over again. Was mentioned before; he's entertaining, but when it's on every hand even for trivial folds, it's a bit too much. I actually like the other English guy, the fish and chip shop owner

It has improved a little from the first couple of shows, but it's just suck out city and big hand v big hand clashes. Would love to see some big bluffs or interesting spots.

Must suck balls to make it down to the last 3/4 tables and be top 3 in chips and not even get a mention in the show like a couple of English guys and other names you see in the top 10 list. Very weighted towards Kassouf but they are trying to entertaining the average Joe Soap by the looks of it.

Oh, and wtf is Esfandiari wearing!!

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post

Start of Ep 7 spoiler..

SPOILER
                                                                                    lol, cheat sheet!
                                                                                    SPOILER
                                                                                    One of the more embarrassing WSOP cameos. Did well to get to Day 5 when he needs to read a sheet with opening ranges on it before raising AQ pre

Comment

Episode 9

SPOILER

Episode 10

SPOILER

Comment

Alex Keating can get to fuck with that angle shooting.

Disgraceful.

Comment

Disgraceful.
                                                                                          It looked pretty blatant alright - Very poor form

Comment

Cliff Josephy just oozes class.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluezar View Post
                                                                                              It looked pretty blatant alright - Very poor form
                                                                                              Total slime unless it was an in-joke @ the table. In a vacuum it was a disgrace.

Comment

The guy calling for cards in the AA vs AK hand was way out of line as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Arazi View Post
                                                                                                  Total slime unless it was an in-joke @ the table. In a vacuum it was a disgrace.
                                                                                                  Doubt it was an in-table joke because not sure the other guy spoke much English. Really wanted him to pay back the compliment later...

SPOILER
                                                                                                  When Keating made that horrendous call with AA

Originally posted by shano1888 View Post
                                                                                                  The guy calling for cards in the AA vs AK hand was way out of line as well.
                                                                                                  Yeah Jared Bleznick has the rep of a big of a cnut alright.

Comment

Cliff Josephy just oozes class.

Agree 100% - Great player and seems like a genuinely great guy - I hope he wins it

Comment

^^^ Spoiler that for people pls Bluezar

Comment

Disgraceful.
                                                                                                        when i watched this i saw the " angle shoot " and was expecting to see another angle shoot that ye would have been talking about but no. it was a bit of a hopeless attempt i dont think id even call it an angle shoot. grade f angle shooting. he gave more away by mouthing on after.

poker is a boring watch nothing happens. glad max silver got caught trying be smart with his little playbook move. he should not be allowed have an irish flag for tax dodging.

i used like watching some high stakes cash games before but that loses it appeal when they are in most cases not even playing with their own money and making a tv show. pretty easy to make these calls when you have set out beforehand your capped losses.

poker just never really worked for tv. they relied on the same few personalities and nobody else has stepped up. that english guy isnt entertaining he seems to have a few phrases he uses on repeat. i would congratulate him for being able to put people on tilt but it doesnt make for any entertaining viewing.

tldr: wsop is shit

Comment

Episode 11

SPOILER

Episode 12

SPOILER

Comment

How many Episodes FD so i know when to start watching?

Comment

How many Episodes FD so i know when to start watching?
                                                                                                              Haven't watched 11 and 12 yet, but i'm pretty sure that brings us to the final table. There's 27 left at the end of Ep 10.

Comment

21 left after ep12.

I'd imagine two more.

That was an absolute horror show. I do feel for Will, American arrogance and pettiness really shone through. Josephy, whom I previously quite liked, was ironically the biggest clown.

Spoilers:
                                                                                                                SPOILER
                                                                                                                Epic hand between Ruane and Obst, great lay down.

Vornicu's bet shove call with QQ on 10 10 xxx was, well, shit.

Comment

Have too agree while Kassour may be over the top the rest of table let themselves down an Jack Effel didn't read that situation very well.

Comment

We're only seeing edited highlights: if he was at that caper the whole time I'd put him out the window myself

Comment

21 left after ep12.

I'd imagine two more.

That was an absolute horror show. I do feel for Will, American arrogance and pettiness really shone through. Josephy, whom I previously quite liked, was ironically the biggest clown.

Spoilers:
                                                                                                                      SPOILER
                                                                                                                      Epic hand between Ruane and Obst, great lay down.

Vornicu's bet shove call with QQ on 10 10 xxx was, well, shit.
                                                                                                                      Strongly disagree he never shuts up even when two guys are all in he is calling for cards etc.
                                                                                                                      Then he whimpers there bullying me.
                                                                                                                      Fuck him is there no f bomb rule anymore that was a joke of a rule anyhows.

Comment

2 more episodes next week.

there were no real interesting characters this year - that's why he was getting so much air time. Fuck all happening elsewhere. Speech play was interesting - up to a point. After a while he drove me crazy to the point where i was turning down the volume - i just could not listen to the guy. If i heard another "you show - i show" i swear the foot was going through the TV...

Calling him a clown (multiple times) was for sure out of order.

On to next week...

Comment

Kassouf is just coming off as a cunt. Horrible horrible cunt

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X