Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rest In Peace, Paddy Hicks

Hello folks,
    I thought that some of the old timers on here might want to know that Mr Paddy Hicks passed away last night. A true gentleman and a beloved family man.

Paddy's funeral will take place at 11am Wednesday in St Teresa's Church, Donore Avenue, off Sth Circular Rd.
    If there's any change of details I will post them here.

Thanks,
    Des
    Last edited by Doc Farrell; 27-09-15, 14:56. Reason: update
    hmmm...

Sad to hear this news. Fitz tournament regular will be missed in from his seat on table 1 downstairs. RIP Paddy.

Comment

Thanks for posting. Sad news to lose a great character. RIP.

Comment

R I P paddy

Comment

Very sorry to hear about Paddy. RIP
          http://www.pokerinireland.net/

Comment

R I p

Comment

This is very sad news. Paddy was a real gentleman as he took all your chips in a mild mannered way by playing cards aggressively he had no business playing.

A lovely man I'm glad I had the privilege to play with on countless occasions.

Comment

Sorry to hear RIP. nice man, always the knowing grin when you hit HIS table in the Fitz. (no.1)
                It read - your chips are MINE boy.

Hope you are well Doc.

Comment

Sad news, got put through the wringer by him many a time. Remember you being very good to him over the years Des

Comment

Very sorry to hear this news, RIP Paddy.
                    International Poker Open 2017 online satellites available on GG Poker. Visit www.internationalpokeropen.ie for more details.

The IPO is one of Europe's biggest, longest running and most enjoyable live poker festivals with huge prize-pools every year.

Comment

Never knew if he had it - but whenever I looked him up he always had it!

A genuine legend of Irish poker, RIP

Comment

As already stated, Paddy was a legendary figure on the Irish poker scene for many years and will be very sadly missed. He even gained the nickname "Dyson",due to the way he hoovered up all the chips at his table.

More details here about the funeral. .....http://rip.ie/showdn.php?dn=267215/P...y)HICKS/Dublin

The Fitz will never be the same again. Seat Open, Table 1.

Thanks Des for letting us know on here.

RIP Paddy,

Martin and Colette.
                        Last edited by Fiery Wasabi; 27-09-15, 22:57.

Comment

RIP Paddy, seat open table 1.

Comment

Sad to hear this. Gent.
                            Originally posted by Ed View Post
                            Sad news, got put through the wringer by him many a time. Remember you being very good to him over the years Des
                            It's a good few years since I've seen either of you but +1

Comment

The Dyson. ...http://www.google.ie/search?q=paddy+...KQkNA2YUETg%3D

Comment

A real gentleman at the table and he played the game for the love of it and nothing else.

My first time playing in the Fitz nearly 10 years ago and I had the great pleasure of making the final table with him sitting beside me that night. From that moment on-wards I always went out of my way to say hello to him. He just loved playing the IO each year.

RIP Paddy.

Comment

Sad news to lose a great character. RIP.

Comment

Back in 2003, when the Fitzwilliam club first opened its doors, I was in charge of the poker school that held lessons every Tuesday night.

Paddy was on the very first course we did and from that point on you could see how much he enjoyed himself playing the game.

I have fond memories of Paddy getting the better of me in later years at the Fitz by playing hands that you wouldn't play the way he did and by getting lucky a lot of the time but he took winning and losing the same and I remember him getting 3rd place at the 2005 Winter Festival for 30k or so behind Ross Boatman and Lucy Rokach.

He was a jammy fecker alright !

Comment

Originally posted by ukpoker View Post
                                      Back in 2003, when the Fitzwilliam club first opened its doors, I was in charge of the poker school that held lessons every Tuesday night.

Paddy was on the very first course we did and from that point on you could see how much he enjoyed himself playing the game.

I have fond memories of Paddy getting the better of me in later years at the Fitz by playing hands that you wouldn't play the way he did and by getting lucky a lot of the time but he took winning and losing the same and I remember him getting 3rd place at the 2005 Winter Festival for 30k or so behind Ross Boatman and Lucy Rokach.

He was a jammy fecker alright !
                                      Think it was 2003 and he came 2nd. Great memories RIP Paddy.

Comment

Working...
                                      X