Weird spot on FT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weird spot on FT

This really stumped me as I had the villan on the lo draw all the way untill he's river action, really didnt know what to do, I have played a bit with him and he is pretty capable and Im sure he also realises I am one of the few here he can get to lay down a big hand any thoughts? We are 7 handed btw and he has a substantial chip lead but hasnt been overly active.

*********** # 1 **************
    PokerStars Hand #89919724830: Tournament #658010472, $5.00+$0.50 USD Omaha Hi/Lo Pot Limit - Level XIX (2500/5000) - 2012/11/27 23:54:11 WET [2012/11/27 18:54:11 ET]
    Table '658010472 2' 9-max Seat #8 is the button
    Seat 1: xhulluporox (174900 in chips)
    Seat 2: KevinVoleurs (407539 in chips)
    Seat 3: JPRGriff (61043 in chips)
    Seat 4: Piipboy (39763 in chips)
    Seat 5: tretbootlion (86452 in chips)
    Seat 8: scart888 (148942 in chips)
    Seat 9: atheos01 (92861 in chips)
    atheos01: posts small blind 2500
    xhulluporox: posts big blind 5000
    *** HOLE CARDS ***
    Dealt to scart888 [Qh Qc 5c As]
    KevinVoleurs: raises 5000 to 10000
    JPRGriff: folds
    Piipboy: folds
    tretbootlion: folds
    scart888: calls 10000
    atheos01: folds
    xhulluporox: calls 5000
    *** FLOP *** [8s 2c Qd]
    xhulluporox: checks
    KevinVoleurs: checks
    scart888: bets 15000
    xhulluporox: folds
    KevinVoleurs: calls 15000
    *** TURN *** [8s 2c Qd] [Jd]
    KevinVoleurs: checks
    scart888: bets 30000
    KevinVoleurs: calls 30000
    *** RIVER *** [8s 2c Qd Jd] [Th]
    KevinVoleurs: bets 122500

Hate the call pre. I muck this every time. On the flop, I just go ahead and pot it rather than 1/2 pot it. Same on the turn. Get max value with the nuts against worse hands or hands drawing to the low. There's even scoop possibilities if a 2 or 3 rolls off

As played, if he has 109xx then he already got there on the turn and seriously doubt he c/c there, so you're only losing to K9 and AK. More specifically, for K9 it almost has to be A3K9 which looks complete garbage to opening UTG, so he either has AK23, AK3x or nothing imo. AK23 is definitely plausible so it makes it closer. Would need to have more table time to see what he's capable of turning over

Comment

Don't love the call but dont really hate the call pre either, can't be waiting for the premiums at this stage and its a hand you either hit huge or can easily get away from post, plus I have position which is paramount in hi/lo.

Agree re the betsize, I was been greedy and trying to string along a lo draw or two. I think the 9 10 may very well c/c, I would do that in he's spot alot of the time, he has to suspect the set so why not make sure the board doesn't pair before firing?

I made the fold here but what really messed with me was after this every time I played a hand he came along and was 3 betting, check raising, etc and really bullying me kind of made me suspect he was targetting me. Ended up spliting it with him and getting a pretty good deal heads up but that hand really confused me.

Comment

It's a really read dependent spot. I'd be potting flop, don't see any reason to bet so small. River is tough, he can easily have A3Kx with diamonds, but when the fd and lows both miss and a scare card comes on the river that he should be representing some of the time to make his turn call more profitable, so i think you have to call.
        Looking for full or part time poker and betting writers. PM if interested.

Comment

Call pre is ok but not great. Bet more on flop and turn. Def fold river unless you've seen him messing before. Have hero called far too much in these games and it's 90%+ he has the nuts. How he got there will be debatable it it's not A3Kx but it happens.

Comment

Originally posted by NuckChorris View Post
            Call pre is ok but not great. Bet more on flop and turn. Def fold river unless you've seen him messing before. Have hero called far too much in these games and it's 90%+ he has the nuts. How he got there will be debatable it it's not A3Kx but it happens.
            Everything here is exactly 100% my thoughts , was just looking for abit of reassurance!

Comment

Having put together a list of the shows people have recommended, I'm going to put up a synopsis of as many of them as possible here for people to look through when they're stuck for something to watch.
              www.prep4sure.com

Comment

Working...
              X