Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Monitor + Tower or Laptop

Hi guys,

Im getting a computer, just going to be playing poker and browsing the web on it, looking to get a 27" monitor (and maybe expand to a second one in the future)was wondering whether to get a monitor and tower or just get a monitor and have it connected to a laptop, whats your thoughts, would tower be more powerful than laptop

pros of tower + monitor = setup comfortably no connecting disconecting cables as u would with laptop.

pros of latop + monitor set up = can disconect laptop and bring it wherever you want it

Was looking at overclockers website any opinons on spec etc would be appreciated eg.

Intel or AMD processor ??

graphics Card ( incase I get a 2nd monitor in the future) ??

monitor Asus or BenQ and resolution size needed 1920 x 1080 ???

RAM size etc ??

Thank you

Tower imo

Comment

Using a laptop with a monitor would tilt the hell out of me.

Comment

If you don't need it to be portable desktop is a no brainer
        airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
          Using a laptop with a monitor would tilt the hell out of me.
          I have a client who rigged up his MS surface to an external gpu and powered hub.

He runs 3 monitors, ext hdd, wireless keyboard and mouse through it. Every day I see the guy he can't stop gushing enough about it. 1 device for everything he needs. He's an accountant.

----------

@OP Personally I'd get a tower with 2x 24" monitors instead of 1x 27". You don't need a massive spec if you're just playing poker on it. i5, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, average spec graphics card (even integrated would be fine).

What budget do you have in mind?

Comment

This is right up my street, have a 32" hd telly which I'm running laptop off, IF i decrease the screen resolution all the way to fit 12 tables i cannot see hud stats or stacks clearly! In order to see them clearly I have to bring it to its reccomended resolution, in which I can only fit 6/8 and there overlapping, which was whole reason for getting the screen. Any suggestions? Sorry if I'm interfering with your post
            take sweets from strangers, lose everything!

Comment

thanks for the info guys, @collicam from looking at sum websites maybe 500- to 600, ive been looking at overclockers and amazon is there anywhere cheaper worth a look

Comment

I have been using my 17" laptop paired up with my 24" monitor with years, I upgraded my setup before Xmas to this http://shop.lenovo.com/ZA/en/product...a-series/a730/ and I have it paired up with my monitor which I have to say I love my set up now.
                If you can get an all in one for your budget it's a no brainer, they take up fk all room where as a tower will and you won't be able to move your tower around the place. Resolution is very important too.

Comment

Working...
                X