Irish Poker Boards
Register Arcade FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Irish Poker Boards > Community, Tech, and Feedback > Community & Games
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18-09-19, 09:53   #1681
Raoul Duke III
The King
 
Raoul Duke III's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: The Department of Truth and Unicorns
Posts: 26,080
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodluck2me View Post
Where would put Kinara in all of this? I personally think it beats both, having dined in Pickle a few back purely on the strength of their excellent Biryani at the ToD, and enjoyed it on the night too, but prefer Kinara Ranelagh. I would like to go back to pickle to try the goat though as I havenít seen that anywhere else.

Also ate at Liath a few weeks ago, very high skilled cooking and generous with the wine, the only criticisms Iíd have would be that there was no bread and no petit fours so I was actually quite hungry after ten rounds, as the portions are literally one spoon in size.
Kinara (the original one) is my local Indian. Maybe familiarity breeds contempt but I can't help feeling it has slipped a few notches.
__________________
"We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."
Raoul Duke III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-19, 11:09   #1682
ionapaul
Member
 
ionapaul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 4,302
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
Kinara (the original one) is my local Indian. Maybe familiarity breeds contempt but I can't help feeling it has slipped a few notches.
Only ate there once but was very impressed - that's a few years ago now! Went to what must be another local of yours, Prado, on Sunday for lunch; seemed like a fairly decent neighborhood restaurant.
ionapaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-19, 11:20   #1683
elbows
Member
 
elbows's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 2,343
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
Kinara (the original one) is my local Indian. Maybe familiarity breeds contempt but I can't help feeling it has slipped a few notches.
I have heard that from a few people.

We normally eat in Kajjal in Malahide (same owners) and I canít remember having a bad meal there
__________________
His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.
elbows is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Thanks From:
Old 18-09-19, 11:23   #1684
NoRiverRequired
Member
 
NoRiverRequired's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,007
Ananda is hard to beat IMO. Would agree that Pickle is not directly comparable but still excellent. Chakra in Greystones gets an honorable mention too, consistently very good.
NoRiverRequired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-19, 11:40   #1685
Raoul Duke III
The King
 
Raoul Duke III's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: The Department of Truth and Unicorns
Posts: 26,080
Quote:
Originally Posted by ionapaul View Post
Only ate there once but was very impressed - that's a few years ago now! Went to what must be another local of yours, Prado, on Sunday for lunch; seemed like a fairly decent neighborhood restaurant.
What are you doing over on De Nortsoide?! Seem to remember you refuse to believe in it, from both a geographical and metaphysical perspective.

Prado is well above your average suburban joint. It deserves to do well.
__________________
"We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."
Raoul Duke III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-19, 11:56   #1686
ionapaul
Member
 
ionapaul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 4,302
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
What are you doing over on De Nortsoide?! Seem to remember you refuse to believe in it, from both a geographical and metaphysical perspective.

Prado is well above your average suburban joint. It deserves to do well.
LOL, in-laws live in Clontarf (two minutes walk from The Yacht) so we're over there every few weeks these days, similar story with Portmarnock. Like Clontarf but a shiver runs down my back every time I drive over the Samuel Beckett bridge northbound... Once we're through Fairview I begin to feel more at ease

Any idea how the renovated Baths are doing? We ate there once, probably a year ago now, and could really see how much money was put into it, looked great!
ionapaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-19, 12:20   #1687
Raoul Duke III
The King
 
Raoul Duke III's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: The Department of Truth and Unicorns
Posts: 26,080
Quote:
Originally Posted by ionapaul View Post
LOL, in-laws live in Clontarf (two minutes walk from The Yacht) so we're over there every few weeks these days, similar story with Portmarnock. Like Clontarf but a shiver runs down my back every time I drive over the Samuel Beckett bridge northbound... Once we're through Fairview I begin to feel more at ease

Any idea how the renovated Baths are doing? We ate there once, probably a year ago now, and could really see how much money was put into it, looked great!
Food is muck but seems to pack in the punters.
__________________
"We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."
Raoul Duke III is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks From:
Old 18-09-19, 12:40   #1688
Lao Lao
Member
 
Lao Lao's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,926
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimmeabreak View Post
I was here again last night. Still fantastic. The chef featured on an RTE show on Tuesday evening, Beyond The Menu, which you will find on RTE Player if interested.
I was very impressed by her. Seems to have come from a normal non foodie background but is pure driven as to what she wants to achieve in life, think it's only a matter of time before she owns her own place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elbows View Post
I have heard that from a few people.

We normally eat in Kajjal in Malahide (same owners) and I canít remember having a bad meal there
I've never had anything but an exceptional meal in Kajjal, I'd easily put it ahead of the Clontarf and Ranelagh offerings.

Need to get out to Ananda, it's been on the list for way to long.
Lao Lao is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks From:
Old 18-09-19, 13:31   #1689
Tar.Aldarion
Member
 
Tar.Aldarion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Dublin
Posts: 6,603
Send a message via MSN to Tar.Aldarion Send a message via Skype™ to Tar.Aldarion
Ananda still the best Indian meal I've had. Big food wankery review I put in here if I recall.
__________________
Tar.Aldarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-19, 18:40   #1690
HiCloy
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 610
I was in Kinara Clontarf last week and thought was nothing special; the courses came way too fast, starters and mains done well within an hour

+1 on Prado good/Baths bad
HiCloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks From:
Old 18-09-19, 21:30   #1691
Goodluck2me
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 434
Quote:
Originally Posted by elbows View Post
I have heard that from a few people.

We normally eat in Kajjal in Malahide (same owners) and I canít remember having a bad meal there
Kajjal is great, had a particularly nice lunch there recently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
Kinara (the original one) is my local Indian. Maybe familiarity breeds contempt but I can't help feeling it has slipped a few notches.
Iíd agree, I think the Ranelagh one is much better haven eaten in both relatively recently.
Goodluck2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks From:
Reply

  Irish Poker Boards > Community, Tech, and Feedback > Community & Games

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT. The time now is 02:28.