Irish Poker Boards
Register Arcade FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Irish Poker Boards > Community, Tech, and Feedback > Community & Games

Old 18-09-19, 09:53   #1681
Raoul Duke III
The King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodluck2me View Post
Where would put Kinara in all of this? I personally think it beats both, having dined in Pickle a few back purely on the strength of their excellent Biryani at the ToD, and enjoyed it on the night too, but prefer Kinara Ranelagh. I would like to go back to pickle to try the goat though as I havenít seen that anywhere else.

Also ate at Liath a few weeks ago, very high skilled cooking and generous with the wine, the only criticisms Iíd have would be that there was no bread and no petit fours so I was actually quite hungry after ten rounds, as the portions are literally one spoon in size.
Kinara (the original one) is my local Indian. Maybe familiarity breeds contempt but I can't help feeling it has slipped a few notches.
Old 18-09-19, 11:09   #1682
ionapaul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
Kinara (the original one) is my local Indian. Maybe familiarity breeds contempt but I can't help feeling it has slipped a few notches.
Only ate there once but was very impressed - that's a few years ago now! Went to what must be another local of yours, Prado, on Sunday for lunch; seemed like a fairly decent neighborhood restaurant.
ionapaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-19, 11:20   #1683
elbows

Quote:
I have heard that from a few people.

We normally eat in Kajjal in Malahide (same owners) and I canít remember having a bad meal there
Old 18-09-19, 11:23   #1684
NoRiverRequired

Ananda is hard to beat IMO. Would agree that Pickle is not directly comparable but still excellent. Chakra in Greystones gets an honorable mention too, consistently very good.
NoRiverRequired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-19, 11:40   #1685
Raoul Duke III
The King

Quote:
Originally Posted by ionapaul View Post
Only ate there once but was very impressed - that's a few years ago now! Went to what must be another local of yours, Prado, on Sunday for lunch; seemed like a fairly decent neighborhood restaurant.
What are you doing over on De Nortsoide?! Seem to remember you refuse to believe in it, from both a geographical and metaphysical perspective.

Prado is well above your average suburban joint. It deserves to do well.
Old 18-09-19, 11:56   #1686
ionapaul

Quote:
What are you doing over on De Nortsoide?! Seem to remember you refuse to believe in it, from both a geographical and metaphysical perspective.

Prado is well above your average suburban joint. It deserves to do well.
LOL, in-laws live in Clontarf (two minutes walk from The Yacht) so we're over there every few weeks these days, similar story with Portmarnock. Like Clontarf but a shiver runs down my back every time I drive over the Samuel Beckett bridge northbound... Once we're through Fairview I begin to feel more at ease

Any idea how the renovated Baths are doing? We ate there once, probably a year ago now, and could really see how much money was put into it, looked great!
ionapaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-19, 12:20   #1687
Raoul Duke III
The King

Quote:
Originally Posted by ionapaul View Post
LOL, in-laws live in Clontarf (two minutes walk from The Yacht) so we're over there every few weeks these days, similar story with Portmarnock. Like Clontarf but a shiver runs down my back every time I drive over the Samuel Beckett bridge northbound... Once we're through Fairview I begin to feel more at ease

Any idea how the renovated Baths are doing? We ate there once, probably a year ago now, and could really see how much money was put into it, looked great!
Food is muck but seems to pack in the punters.
Old 18-09-19, 12:40   #1688
Lao Lao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimmeabreak View Post
I was here again last night. Still fantastic. The chef featured on an RTE show on Tuesday evening, Beyond The Menu, which you will find on RTE Player if interested.
I was very impressed by her. Seems to have come from a normal non foodie background but is pure driven as to what she wants to achieve in life, think it's only a matter of time before she owns her own place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elbows View Post

We normally eat in Kajjal in Malahide (same owners) and I canít remember having a bad meal there
I've never had anything but an exceptional meal in Kajjal, I'd easily put it ahead of the Clontarf and Ranelagh offerings.

Need to get out to Ananda, it's been on the list for way to long.
Lao Lao is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks From:
Old 18-09-19, 13:31   #1689
Tar.Aldarion

Send a message via MSN to Tar.Aldarion Send a message via Skype™ to Tar.Aldarion
Ananda still the best Indian meal I've had. Big food wankery review I put in here if I recall.
Old 18-09-19, 18:40   #1690
HiCloy

I was in Kinara Clontarf last week and thought was nothing special; the courses came way too fast, starters and mains done well within an hour

+1 on Prado good/Baths bad
HiCloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks From:
Old 18-09-19, 21:30   #1691
Goodluck2me

Quote:
Originally Posted by elbows View Post

Kajjal is great, had a particularly nice lunch there recently.

Quote:
Iíd agree, I think the Ranelagh one is much better haven eaten in both relatively recently.
Goodluck2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks From:

Irish Poker Boards > Community, Tech, and Feedback > Community & Games