Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
    shows as not available

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
      shows as not available
      Ah, Ireland only apparently.
      You still taking the queens shilling.

Some sort of unblocker thing maybe?

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
        Ah, Ireland only apparently.
        You still taking the queens shilling.

Some sort of unblocker thing maybe?
        my vpn says ireland server saturated

Comment

Fast and loud q

I see new series next week but no aaron. Anyone know what he is up to?

Nm googled it
          Last edited by careca; 03-11-17, 21:00.

Comment

Came way too close to having to suffer through a Banksys exhibition today,took a grenade and went to some other modern art bollocks instead but was close

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
              Came way too close to having to suffer through a Banksys exhibition today,took a grenade and went to some other modern art bollocks instead but was close
              where was this?

Comment

I've been binging a lot of horrors of late and as expected have had to sit through some awful stuff but these are well worth catching on Netflix: 1. Creep; 2. Gerald's Game; 3. The Devil's Candy. On the other end of the spectrum, but within the realm of Netflix, Asperger's Are Us is a heart warming doc!

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                  speaking of exhibitions, was in Paris this week and went to see a Rubens portrait exhibition. Gotta love the dude, when commissioned by some rich lord to do a present for the prince of Wales, he sends a self portrait. . Queen still owns the painting at least. stunning

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                    where was this?
                    Amsterdam.would happily spend a few more hours looking at portraits of chubby sons and daughters of rich merchants in the Rijksmuseum (which was class) before I’d spend a minute looking at anything by banksy

Comment

Kieran Fallon on the Late Late may interest some here

Comment

Went to the Ideal Homes Exhibition last weekend. It was a complete and utter load of cack. Probably didn't help that I was hungover as fuck. We did come across the Dublin Beds Company though. Still not sure if they are taking the piss with their logo or if they are completely oblivious to it

SPOILER

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                          Kieran Fallon on the Late Late may interest some here
                          Father Stone.

Tough life, what a jockey doh. Forgot how much I disliked Tubridy.
                          Last edited by Jibzzzz; 03-11-17, 22:52.

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                            Went to the Ideal Homes Exhibition last weekend. It was a complete and utter load of cack. Probably didn't help that I was hungover as fuck. We did come across the Dublin Beds Company though. Still not sure if they are taking the piss with their logo or if they are completely oblivious to it

SPOILER
                            Irish mattress marketing 101 there
                            See bigmickey for reference

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                              I'd have assumed that GPS running watches are intended more for actual running, but not 100%.
                              I only ever wear mine while running anyway. To me watches are functional only, don't really get the whole jewellery aspect of them. I stopped wearing them around the time I started carrying a mobile phone.

Plus, I'm too clumsy, I've smashed a few watches before whacking off tables and whatnot, it's too valuable to me to risk it.
                              I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

I always wear a watch when I leave the house, an analogue one that I bought about 10 years ago for about 60 quid. Not the cheapest of course but just a reasonable price for a respectable watch. I wouldn't wear one of the big yolks you see some people with.

In 20 or so years I'd say very few lads anyhow will be wearing them

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                  What has it been like there? We almost went over to meet potential affiliates but just didn't get our shit together in time to justify it, which is a bit of a pity. I presume the conference space is rows and rows of pretty lame stands and that the nearby coffee shops/steak restaurants are full of deal making and smoozing?
                                  Try to get to Sigma in Malta in 3 weeks time. Will be pretty much the same setup as Berlin. It's expensive (relative) to get a stand and some made more of an effort than others for sure. It was non stop flowing food and drinks on the floor, and most of the stands had a big enough meeting area to do the intros/negotiations for new meetings. All of our offsite meetings were in swanky restaurants with current partners rather than new deals. One was even done just driving around in a limo for 30 mins!

One good thing about the conferences is free stuff, and I was also on swag duty picking up some bits and pieces to take back for the kids and the office. This is Day 1's haul but i had to take it easy on Day 2 because i'm travelling light

SPOILER

Comment

Nice of them to customise the gear for you T

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Been a while since I went on a half pissed YouTube journey. Think this is more than worthy of a post

Comment

Showing his true colours.

"Gibney might be the greatest hero of our time." (Keane, 2012; Hitchhiker, 2017)

"Frank Gibney, he's my favourite ." (careca, 2012)
                                          "Frank Gibney, he's my favourite." (mikeb, 2017)

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                            I always wear a watch when I leave the house, an analogue one that I bought about 10 years ago for about 60 quid. Not the cheapest of course but just a reasonable price for a respectable watch. I wouldn't wear one of the big yolks you see some people with.

This a post from 1997?
                                            "Gibney might be the greatest hero of our time." (Keane, 2012; Hitchhiker, 2017)

"Frank Gibney, he's my favourite ." (careca, 2012)
                                            "Frank Gibney, he's my favourite." (mikeb, 2017)

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                              Bit of an experience behind this story.
                                              ...May have read this wrong...Is this saying they he escaped from prison, got arrested and brought to court in Ireland...The judge was told he escaped prison, but still let him go with a fine?...So he has basically another few days to find a better spot in hide and seek?...

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Gibney View Post
                                                Legend

Last edited by dobby; 04-11-17, 03:15.

Comment

Originally posted by luckforsome View Post
                                                  ...May have read this wrong...Is this saying they he escaped from prison, got arrested and brought to court in Ireland...The judge was told he escaped prison, but still let him go with a fine?...So he has basically another few days to find a better spot in hide and seek?...
                                                  Yes, they knew we was wanted by Interpol but due to legal reasons they couldn't detain him.

Comment

Fraudster Musk getting more and more Trump-esque as the pressure mounts. (Trump would have been more succinct but he has had far more practice)

The other thing I want to mention—that there are a lot of articles about Tesla firing employees and layoffs and ... these are really ridiculous. And any journalist who has written articles to this effect should be ashamed of themselves for lack of journalistic integrity.

Every company in the world, there's annual performance reviews. In our annual performance review, despite Tesla having an extremely high standard, a standard far higher than other car companies, which we need to have in order to survive against much larger car companies ... you can't be a little guy and have equal levels of skill as the big guy. If you have two boxers of equal ability and one's much smaller, the big guy's going to crush the little guy—obviously. So, the little guy better have a heck of a lot more skill ... or he is going to be clobbered. So that is why our standards are high. They're not high because we believe in being mean to people. They're high because if they're not high, we will die. Despite that, in our annual performance reviews, only 2% of people didn't make the grade. So that's about 700 people out of 33,000. This is a very low percentage. GE, I don't know if they still do, but they certainly for a long time had a policy of firing 10% of their employees for performance every year, no matter what.

If you were to stack Tesla's performance later releases compared to other companies, the number would be low. So, the only reason these articles had any play whatsoever is because journalists and editors with low integrity fail to provide any context for where this stood because the actual article would've read, Tesla fires 2% of its employee base for performance-based reasons, a remarkably lower number compared to other companies. But of course, that would be a meaningless article, so they forget to include that. Shame.
                                                    GE got rid of formal, forced ranking around 10 years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                      Fraudster Musk getting more and more Trump-esque as the pressure mounts. (Trump would have been more succinct but he has had far more practice)
                                                      Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                          What's a happy-go-lucky man-about-town to cook with half a kilo of freshly picked black trumpets?

Trumpet and clam chowder.

Comment

Omlette or risotto IMO
                                                            Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                              Omlette or risotto IMO
                                                              I second the risotto, mushroom risotto is unbelievable.

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Gibney View Post
                                                                Been released from his contract today

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post

My 15 year old fella has been banging on about getting a watch lately. I asked why as he has the time on his phone, but he seems pretty keen to get one!

Comment

Mushroom risotto for sure!

Comment

risotto (with pomegranate too mm)
                                                                      stroganoff
                                                                      Pot pie
                                                                      Wellington
                                                                      bourguignon
                                                                      Moussaka
                                                                      An awesome pasta sauce with wine and cashews

Comment

Comment

Mushrooms? Just bin them now.

Comment

whats the bet today mugsy ? swansea and leeds double i said. might have a nibble at andrew carroll anytime goal if he gets the nod against the pool his due a goal the useless cunt.

will you be watching the ufc fightcard? i will watch joseph duffy fight probably be asleep after that fucking wrecked.

any other news? not a thing off to do some shopping now i need to get myself a new winter coat i feel a shift in the weather been a bit too sunny lately. do you know any decent place here to get a burrito fucking starving? no they are all button pushers around here

anyway im off. tell your sister i was asking for. goodluck so. slainte

Comment

Just watching 'V for Vendetta', for the first time ever, based almost entirely on a posters username here. Seems like a quite fun romp sofar.
                                                                              Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

The graphic novel of the same name is fucking brill
                                                                                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Actually there has been quite a lot of top class graphic novels that missed the mark movie wise.
                                                                                  Bar the obvious watchmen.
                                                                                  From hell
                                                                                  Wanted
                                                                                  Constantine
                                                                                  League of extraordinary gentlemen to name but a few
                                                                                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                  Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                  https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by shano1888 View Post
                                                                                    Must re watch Leon actually. Been at least 15 years which is at least 14 too many.
                                                                                    Gonna give it a spin again today. Kinda remember the longer version developing the paedo aspect of it by some extent.

Comment

Extremely hyped for tonight's installment of UFC, great card from top to bottom.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                        Actually there has been quite a lot of top class graphic novels that missed the mark movie wise.
                                                                                        Bar the obvious watchmen.
                                                                                        From hell
                                                                                        Wanted
                                                                                        Constantine
                                                                                        League of extraordinary gentlemen to name but a few

I preferred the movie ending of Watchmen funnily enough.
                                                                                        "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                                                                          Just watching 'V for Vendetta', for the first time ever, based almost entirely on a posters username here. Seems like a quite fun romp sofar.
                                                                                          Only watched it for the first time a month or so ago, was very impressed.
                                                                                          Though I did get it into my head at an early stage that Rowan Atkinson might be providing voice of V and was never really able to shake that idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Jibzzzz View Post
                                                                                            Extremely hyped for tonight's installment of UFC, great card from top to bottom.
                                                                                            Any tips for me I have little knowledge on it but I'll be watching?
                                                                                            airport, lol

Comment

Anyone heard anything from Stan, TheDrunkenOne? Slightly worried that he may have poisoned himself with thawed out raw fish

Originally posted by TheDrunkenOne View Post
                                                                                              Can't see this author getting many pints bought for him in Irish pubs. Fake News?

https://www.irishcentral.com/news/ir...s-irish-author

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                                                I think there's a lot of underdogs with a chance tonight. I'm doing a treble of

TJ @ 13/8
                                                                                                Masvidal @ 6/4
                                                                                                Bisping @ 10/11

I also think old man Aleksei Oleinik is worth a small punt @ 11/4. He loves a good choke (I think he's on the early prelims though so may not be on tv to watch).
                                                                                                Last edited by Charlie Sheen; 04-11-17, 19:04.

Comment

Anyone heard anything from Stan, TheDrunkenOne? Slightly worried that he may have poisoned himself with thawed out raw fish
                                                                                                  Speaking of long-lost posters, I have news of Horatio.

Alive and well!
                                                                                                  "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                                                    My bets -

Wonderboy Masvidal fight of the night 17/2

Duffy by sub 6/1

Double - Paulo Borrachina KO 4/6 Micky Gall Sub 7/5

Accum - Blaydes, OSP, Gall, Duffy, Borrachinha

PP enhanced of 3 champs to win 7/2

Comment

Gonna give it a spin again today. Kinda remember the longer version developing the paedo aspect of it by some extent.
                                                                                                      Weird how your perception of things change with time. I'm mostly thinking 'that lactose tolerant cunt'

Comment

Breeders Cup is here if anyone doesn't have attheraces.
                                                                                                        Its the American feed.

edit : gone
                                                                                                        Last edited by ArmaniJeans; 04-11-17, 23:42.

Comment

Really looking forward to the UFC too, have had a treble on OSP, borrachina and bisping and a single on bisping too. He could be had at 6/5 the other day which just seems bizarre

Comment

That's a great price for Wonderboy fight of the night. I am sold.
                                                                                                            Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by Ed View Post
                                                                                                              Really looking forward to the UFC too, have had a treble on OSP, borrachina and bisping and a single on bisping too. He could be had at 6/5 the other day which just seems bizarre
                                                                                                              13/8 two weeks ago. And 11/8 Tuesday.

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
                                                                                                              That's a great price for Wonderboy fight of the night. I am sold.
                                                                                                              Yeah real stand out imo, here's hoping.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                                Have you made a bid for the Warehouse full of Jedward games yet?

This pic could only be greater if it were Kayroo in the middle
                                                                                                                Oh the stories I could tell
                                                                                                                You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                                                                World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

See more at http://www.bbc.co.uk/laterGregory Porter performs Mona Lisa live at the Royal Albert Hall for Later… with Jools Holland’s 25th anniversary celebr...
                                                                                                                  This too shall pass.

Comment

Right now,...... Jools has got the music for us...........on BBC2

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                                                                      Right now,...... Jools has got the music for us...........on BBC2
                                                                                                                      Dua Lipa sound better live than the video. That young lass is mesmerising.

#confirmed perv.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Bullocks View Post
                                                                                                                        Dua Lipa sound better live than the video. That young lass is mesmerising.

#confirmed perv.
                                                                                                                        Thought Superorganism were outstanding, really unique, loved that vocal bending stuff they did on the first track.

The second one was mesmerising. Great harmonies.

Scene spawning I thought.

Comment

Some KO there!

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X