Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Having one of these for me tay. Wasn't really altogether sure what it was, seems to be some kind of pork loin. Also not sure what to do with it. Fecked it in a serving dish and heating up on a medium heat.

Teaming it with some spicy wedges anyhoo. Where's shrap when you need him?

"We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
      Think there's something romantic about a people deciding to be master of their own destination. Providing they are a culturally unique group rather than an economic group.
      Like the Scots...oh wait.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Comment

Comment

I put in a big order with La Belle Chaurienne. Took at least two weeks to get here, over to dpl who didn't try to deliver it, instead retuned it all back to France. Bastards.

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                #NotallMen is the dumbest fucking thing.

If someone wrote on twitter "I was shot by a white guy" nobody would reply "#Notallwhiteguys"

The NotAllMen thing comes from a place of fear. We have been able to do and get away with absolutely crazy levels of inappropriate behaviour for centuries. Now men are terrified that their "banter" might be called out for what it really is and so we pre-emptively try and distinguish ourselves. "Oh yeah that lad was sexist but we aren't all like him. My motivations for making unnecessarily sexual comments around women are just humour, not sexism or inappropriate. It's all good fun with me, unlike that creep #NotallMen"

The simple fact is that intention is subjective, but behaviour is objective. If you make a joke that is objectively inappropriate (and we all know when we do) then you simply have to accept that someone might find it inappropriate. Same with unnecessary touching (no, she doesn't want you to touch her arm when you talk) or more explicit forms of behaviour. All men engage in it to some degree or stay silent in the face of it no matter how much we tell ourselves we don't.

So, to a certain extent, it is all men. And that's why we react to it by saying it isn't. Cause we know that on a certain level we have probably all risked crossing that line and justified it by saying "it was banter" or that we didn't have a bad intention therefore it wasn't a bad act.
                I always thought it was presumption of innocence till proven guilty?

Comment

Pince with Afb and rigger. Cassidys westmoreland st

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                    Tell them I was asking for them.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                      Seems to be a recurring theme that I'm always walking past when these are posted. In for a quick one.

Comment

Google suggests it's dog food Raoul.
                        It's well, a big hunk of pork. Duck fat makes anything taste good I guess but must admit to insidious sense of disappointment.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                          Seems to be a recurring theme that I'm always walking past when these are posted. In for a quick one.
                          Just saw this now. In doyles

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                            Tell them I was asking for them.
                            Rigger waved. Andy said lovely

Comment

Just found $75 in a stars account I haven't logged into in years. Guess I'll see if I can remember how to be awful at poker
                              May you live in interesting times!

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                Woke the wife up eh Gordo

#MeThree
                                Lol, yeah, I had a good look around before letting her in the car in case it was some kind of trap but I knew as soon as I spoke to her it was genuine. There are a lot of scams/attacks here, mainly by eastern European and north African gangs and most of them use women to get close with the men lurking to pounce once they get a chance.
                                I called the missus from the car to let her know what was going on and she is cool so when I brought her home she was fine, mothering instincts and all that.

Wasn't the first time I picked up someone late at night. I was going home from The Loft in Naas one night/morning after a good cash session, it was a frosty night and there was a kid (18 -20 year old guy I would guess) thumbing a lift at the beginning of the Newbridge road, it was 3-4am iirc and he could only be going to Newbridge from there so I made a probably stupid decision to stop and bring him that far.
                                As soon as he got in the car I got the smell of a person obviously sleeping rough and he confirmed he'd been sleeping in barns. He said he hadn't eaten in "a while" so I dropped him outside the chicken place (which is conveniently directly across the road from the police station), he had no money so I gave him a score and he gave me an awkward, teary, smelly hug. You never know how someone that young could be in that situation, I would have liked to do more for him but felt I did what I could. I hope that he ended up ok.

Comment

A woman came to stand this morn enquiring about sky, I was convinced she was a mystery shopper as we get them from time to time , we also get the feedback after . They usually act completely dumb to the product asking loads of questions and looking for demos.

half way through she even pulled out a tiny note book , with bullet points on it Multi room , HD , Record etc

I thought jaysus she deffo a mystery shopper, may get very professional here , swiftly hid Ecig, did a mountain of fact-finding , features / benefits, demo , pricing , key facts went all out!

This is like 9.30 am, I was hungover and really could have done without it tbh. Had a great chat about New York as her son lives there and the boom and how I blew $$$$$ on clothes in 08 and 09 ah the boom bla bla having the banter !

Ok thanks she says can you write it all down and ill have a think about it. deffo mystery shopper I thought as I usually close there and then

Anyway had to take Mia for an eye test and co worker rang me while gone saying a man came to the stand looking for me, co worker said Ill look after you if you like , Man says NO I only want to deal with Michelle.

So I fly back to work, very well dressed gent there .

Hi you spent a while with my wife this morning , we will take that package you offered , sports movies the lot

Im kinda disappointed she wasnt a mystery shopper tbh
                                  Her sky-ness
                                  © 5starpool

Comment

Comment

What the feck is a mystery shopper?

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                        Sky head office send them to all stores to make sure we are doing our job correctly from time to time. I havent had one in the 2 yrs working there , Girl that works with me had one a few weeks ago , passed with flying colours .

I would have deffo have exceeded that today I reckon
                                        Her sky-ness
                                        © 5starpool

Comment

My mate done it for a year for Superdry travelling the UK. He'd go up and down the country and review each store based on different criteria.
                                          He liked it but travelling was tough. Pretty standard in retail I'm told

Comment

Comment

We used to get one every week in Smyth's toys when I was working there 04/05. You could spot them a mile off as Michelle said. Whoever dealt with them used to get 60 euro (if they passed). Pretty handy when you were 19/20 and being paid 7 euro an hour.

Jesus. Long time ago. Feel old!

Comment

In Chinese universities there's almost always a communist party member as a student in the classes to check if you are saying anti-gov stuff. Same idea I guess.

thank fuck you are in france and not china #fail
                                                Her sky-ness
                                                © 5starpool

Comment

My big sis does a bit of this for an independent org, couple of times a month she'll get a call to go into X shop and order some specified products and she might be instructed to be an idiot in some way during the shop. She then has to fill in some forms reporting back on how it went. Not particularly lucrative or anything but a nice handy extra few quid (might be paid in vouchers or such like that she saves up for Christmas).

Comment

Proof that Olivier Giroud is the best player in the world

Comment

Having one of these for me tay. Wasn't really altogether sure what it was, seems to be some kind of pork loin. Also not sure what to do with it. Fecked it in a serving dish and heating up on a medium heat.

Teaming it with some spicy wedges anyhoo. Where's shrap when you need him?

I have literally no Idea what you do with that.

On a side note., great colleague of mine in london, proper dub, flying into Dublin tonight to run the marathon on Sunday. Intends to run 315,go have a few pints and get changed in the pub before flying back in the evening. Absolute legend. Did the iron man triathlon a few weeks ago in Italy, so this is just a walk in the park for him.

Comment

Originally posted by brady23 View Post
                                                        My mate done it for a year for Superdry travelling the UK. He'd go up and down the country and review each store based on different criteria.
                                                        He liked it but travelling was tough. Pretty standard in retail I'm told
                                                        I have an awful habit of using done instead of did. GF always pulls me up on it. I never realised how colloquial my language was until I started studying for the GMAT.

Comment

I have an awful habit of using done instead of did. GF always pulls me up on it. I never realised how colloquial my language was until I started studying for the GMAT.
                                                          its grand I read in cockney slang
                                                          Her sky-ness
                                                          © 5starpool

Comment

Same as cunce that use of instead of have

Comment

In the spirit of sexism etc. Caitriona Perry is kind of a creep.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                In the spirit of sexism etc. Caitriona Perry is kind of a creep.
                                                                I keep thinking horse when she smiles. Her exposure got her the plum job in 6. One. Can only imagine the uproar if two men were selected.

Comment

Originally posted by jack90210 View Post
                                                                  I always thought it was presumption of innocence till proven guilty?
                                                                  You’re confusing a criminal standard of proof with social standards of decency and a pervasively permissive society that accepts male sexual aggression and explains it away as “boys will be boys” etc.

I don’t have to meet a criminal standard of proof in what is basically a cultural discussion, I have to meet a moral one.
                                                                  You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                  World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

You’re confusing a criminal standard of proof with social standards of decency and a pervasively permissive society that accepts male sexual aggression and explains it away as “boys will be boys” etc.

I don’t have to meet a criminal standard of proof in what is basically a cultural discussion, I have to meet a moral one.
                                                                    Well work away with the sweepings statements implicating everyone's father/brothers etc among others.

Comment

Probably bad that #NotallMen reminded me of short people

Randy Newman - Short People (Official Video)From the album Little Criminals (1977)
                                                                      Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Well work away with the sweepings statements implicating everyone's father/brothers etc among others.
                                                                        You realize I’m not saying every man has raped someone right? Just to be clear.

Comment

You realize I’m not saying every man has raped someone right? Just to be clear.
                                                                          You never said rape but the stuff you did say you implicated all men in it. Maybe just speak for yourself in future. How you know how my father or anyone else's father has behaved I'm not sure.

So, to a certain extent, it is all men.

Comment

I thought rugby league was huge(bigger than union) in Australia?just watching highlights of opening game of world up Australia v England in Australia,plenty empty seats and tame atmosphere

Comment

Originally posted by gorrrr72 View Post
                                                                              Lol, " so I dropped him outside the chicken place (which is conveniently directly across the road from the police station),
                                                                              The guy who owned that place was buried today.
                                                                              Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Is there anywhere around near McSorleys that has free weekend parking the street I'm on is pay and display till midnight all week and there is only 1 permit for the house
                                                                                I could be wrong but is Dunville Avenue free? The bit by Morton's on both sides of the road. I don't remember paying for parking there but maybe the Mrs did and I just didn't cop it?

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                                                  I thought rugby league was huge(bigger than union) in Australia?just watching highlights of opening game of world up Australia v England in Australia,plenty empty seats and tame atmosphere
                                                                                  Difficult to get excited about a group game when 3 of the 4 in the group qualify for the next phase and one of the teams is Lebanon.
                                                                                  Might capture more of an audience when it gets to the quarter finals though with Oz at 1/5 outright and half the contestants at 1000/1+ its generally lacking the competitiveness you'd expect from a 'world cup'.
                                                                                  I'm guessing a Sydney v Melbourne club game would be more attractive.

Comment

...

Comment

You never said rape but the stuff you did say you implicated all men in it. Maybe just speak for yourself in future. How you know how my father or anyone else's father has behaved I'm not sure.
                                                                                      See the “to a certain extent” part?

I don’t know why you’re personalizing this. I’m not speaking about your father or anyone else specifically. I’m talking about men as a group and stating that to a certain degree, some quite small and some quite large, we all bear a responsibility for allowing a permissively sexually aggressive society. That doesn’t mean Mad Men style ass slapping. It can be as simple as laughing along at a thoroughly inappropriate workplace encounter where there’s a clear Power dynamic at play that undermines women by using a sexual component. That doesn’t make the men who do it sex pests but it’s one part of a larger problem. I don’t for a moment seek to speak about your father. He’s never crossed my mind until you mentioned him. Nor would I make it specifically about any one person.

Actually, making it about individuals is kind of my criticism of #notallmen. It doesn’t matter about the individual man who thinks he treats women with the utmost respect. It’s about men as a group and the actions we consciously or subconsciously accept as being normal or “harmless”.

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                                                        The opposite this morning in Port Moresby for PNG v Wales. Ireland have to play here as well. I believe its the only country where rugby league is the national sport

Comment

Havent heard such brow beaten claptrap in quite a while . No wonder men are having an identity crises .
                                                                                          If you are going to call the #notallmen hashtag as idiotic (sic) well then by the same logic the #metoo hashtag is equally bollix. Answering to the general theme rather than a specific post before HJ puts on his patronising pants
                                                                                          Last edited by Solksjaer!; 28-10-17, 06:11.

Comment

Good article

Comment

His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Originally posted by geekyramesh
                                                                                                Mate there are many sites /mirrors going live. check out this article - https://www.dreamytricks.net/extrato...-mirror-sites/

There are over 25 mirrors available there.
                                                                                                Ah yer grand. I don't download anymore cause it's illegal and I'd be afraid I'd get arrested. Thanks though
                                                                                                Her sky-ness
                                                                                                © 5starpool

Comment

Spam or not? Very clever spambot if so, but I'd be inclined to say yes.

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                                                                                    Ah yer grand. I don't download anymore cause it's illegal and I'd be afraid I'd get arrested. Thanks though
                                                                                                    no need to download with streaming these days anyway, what is it youre looking for?
                                                                                                    airport, lol

Comment

Jack Whitehall new stand up on Netflix is surprisingly good. Very halting first 15mins but then he gets into it.
                                                                                                      Turned off after 10 mins. If he cant be funny in first ten mins hes shite, fuck him.

Keep an eye out for Seann Walsh, apparently not too great in panel shows that i dont watch but saw him in Laughter Lounge few weeks ago and he was hilarious
                                                                                                      airport, lol

Comment

See the “to a certain extent” part?

I don’t know why you’re personalizing this. I’m not speaking about your father or anyone else specifically. I’m talking about men as a group and stating that to a certain degree, some quite small and some quite large, we all bear a responsibility for allowing a permissively sexually aggressive society. That doesn’t mean Mad Men style ass slapping. It can be as simple as laughing along at a thoroughly inappropriate workplace encounter where there’s a clear Power dynamic at play that undermines women by using a sexual component. That doesn’t make the men who do it sex pests but it’s one part of a larger problem. I don’t for a moment seek to speak about your father. He’s never crossed my mind until you mentioned him. Nor would I make it specifically about any one person.

Actually, making it about individuals is kind of my criticism of #notallmen. It doesn’t matter about the individual man who thinks he treats women with the utmost respect. It’s about men as a group and the actions we consciously or subconsciously accept as being normal or “harmless”.
                                                                                                        In your original piece you used the pronouns we/you etc. You never said I or explicitly admitted cases of doing it yourself. Instead of speaking on your own actions or experiences you have made a sweeping statement implicating every single man.

Comment

It'll probably get to the point where a single lad on a date or out on a night will be terrified to initiate any sort of physical connection for fear of being labelled a creep.
                                                                                                          I think a lot of sexless relationships and marriages these days can be pointed at men moving away from what women actually find attractive due to overly pandering to modern day expectations.
                                                                                                          If trend continues I see the world being a safer place for women but them being increasingly less fulfilled in relationships as males are turning themselves into this almost neutral gender.
                                                                                                          Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                                                            no need to download with streaming these days anyway, what is it youre looking for?
                                                                                                            Not looking for anything at the min. But I download still to phone and cast to tv usually.
                                                                                                            Her sky-ness
                                                                                                            © 5starpool

Comment

Not looking for anything at the min. But I download still to phone and cast to tv usually.
                                                                                                              What an effort. Not use showbox and cast? Treat yourself to a amazon firestick for about 50e and one of us will talk ya through kodi set up. good to go then
                                                                                                              airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                                                                What an effort. Not use showbox and cast? Treat yourself to a amazon firestick for about 50e and one of us will talk ya through kodi set up. good to go then
                                                                                                                Ah it's not effort. Takes five mins. I don't like showbox
                                                                                                                Her sky-ness
                                                                                                                © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                                                                  I think a lot of sexless relationships and marriages these days can be pointed at men moving away from what women actually find attractive due to overly pandering to modern day expectations.
                                                                                                                  What things do you feel men are moving away from that women find attractive?

I don't think the modern day expectations which men may feel compelled to live up to are causing sexless relationships and marriages.

Although I could not remotely be sure, I would imagine the amount of sexless relationships have diminished if anything given there is far less people remaining in unhappy relationships (divorce rates as an indicator) as they no longer feel compelled to remain in those situations.

I would also assume there is simply far more people discussing the fact that they were at some point in their life in a sexless relationship.
                                                                                                                  Last edited by Guest; 28-10-17, 16:52.

Comment

I could make a joke here but I better not.
                                                                                                                    His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

The not all men thing is difficult. I get the point that its used to deflect and why women see that. But i can also see how when a man has to listen to "men all do this, men all do that" it can be hard sometimes for him not to exclude himself from the group by saying not all men. Sure I know loads of men are creeps and its a problem but its tough to take and be labelled as a man which seems to be as bad a label as you can get these days, if you consider yourself one of the good ones you want to be excluded, theres a lot of that as opposed to deflecting from same issue.

Would you get away with generalising any other large group of people? Black people? Muslims? Women? Gays? Theres be a quick jump in to say not all.... if you did I'm sure
                                                                                                                      airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                                                                        It'll probably get to the point where a single lad on a date or out on a night will be terrified to initiate any sort of physical connection for fear of being labelled a creep.
                                                                                                                        If trend continues I see the world being a safer place for women but them being increasingly less fulfilled in relationships as males are turning themselves into this almost neutral gender.
                                                                                                                        Meh, dont agree with that. It stops men being creeps on first meet. Nothing has changed once a couple get to know each other/get comfortable with each other, the way it should be in my opinion. If theres sexless long term relationships its not modern day expectations that are the issue, its something else
                                                                                                                        airport, lol

Comment

You seem set in your ways of about 5 years ago.
                                                                                                                          airport, lol

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X