Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
    Very good post Ed. I find AFB's take on this profoundly depressing.
    Do you actually? You must have difficulty getting out of bed in the morning if such mild opinions evoke that strong an emotion in you.
    Profit before people.

Comment

Very good post Ed. I find AFB's take on this profoundly depressing.
      The truth generally is.
      "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
        Waiting for the draw for the QF of the Carabao Cup and it's been as big a farce as the previous rounds draws. In the previous rounds, they've drawn Charlton out twice, had the draw on at 4am, and had an extra set of balls to decide if the 'seeded' team was home or away!

Now we're 20 mins late for the draw as they presumably try to find the correct pre-recorded version that keeps Arsenal, Man U, Man City and Chelsea apart!

https://twitter.com/i/events/9174438...edium=referral
        And still we wait

These 2 having fun though!

Comment

I consider myself a feminist as I do all the cooking in my house
          Good points made on the live poker scene,esp re female dealers,if you’ve never scene some shady shit there you are blind
          Think the whole debate would be a lot more reasonable if we could get rid of all the Twitter lunatics on both sides

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
            Waiting for the draw for the QF of the Carabao Cup and it's been as big a farce as the previous rounds draws. In the previous rounds, they've drawn Charlton out twice, had the draw on at 4am, and had an extra set of balls to decide if the 'seeded' team was home or away!

Now we're 20 mins late for the draw as they presumably try to find the correct pre-recorded version that keeps Arsenal, Man U, Man City and Chelsea apart!

https://twitter.com/i/events/9174438...edium=referral
            Correct Tony.

Arsenal v west ham
            Chelsea v Bournemouth
            Leicster v man city
            Bristol city v man utd

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
              Correct Tony.

Arsenal v west ham
              Chelsea v Bournemouth
              Leicster v man city
              Bristol city v man utd
              lol it's so farcical!

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                Just thinking about this a bit further, I think the reason feminists are so enraged by #NotAllMen is because they're incapable of making these delineations. I can easily categorise someone based on their actions and their reaction to being called out, but feminism says it's all just rape culture. There's no reliable way to tell the difference between banter, creeping and harassment for them. It's all subjective, therefore they are all the same thing. Postmodernism innit.
                Andy read that back to yourself and if you don't see why this is an outrageously wrong headed piece of sexist bollocks then I would suggest you take a good hard look at whats going on in your thinking.

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and suggest that maybe that you are confusing feminism with the drool from a few gobshites on twitter

Edit: that was an instant reaction, Ed answers AFB much better above
                Last edited by Strewelpeter; 26-10-17, 17:33.
                Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                  Andy read that back to yourself and if you don't see why this is an outrageously wrong headed piece of sexist bollocks then I would suggest you take a good hard look at whats going on in your thinking.

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and suggest that maybe that you are confusing feminism with the drool from a few gobshites on twitter
                  I would suggest the over analysers are bollocks. Its quite simple really, men are predatory bastards and wimmin are overreactionary bitches . However most men don't give in to their predratory instinct and most wimmin don't get sexually abused.
                  This troubles both sides as the men who manage to control themselves feel slighted to be compared and the wimmin who don't get abused are outraged that it was a possibility but mostly that they are all a bad situation from an attack from a normal horny joe. Imagine what would happen if Helen Mirren fell asleep on SPs couch. hmm probably say a poem to her.

now if someone could direct me to the hills I believe the pitchforks are being sharpened.

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                    Correct Tony.

Arsenal v west ham
                    Chelsea v Bournemouth
                    Leicster v man city
                    Bristol city v man utd
                    another poxy away draw for the reds

Comment

I'm fucking obnoxious, abusive, rude, and very loud at the best of times at poker events

SPOILER
                      I don't intend on changing anytime soon #femalepointofview
                      Her sky-ness
                      © 5starpool

Comment

A guy in Donegal told me this joke - sexist in content warning

A boss said to his secretary, “I want to have SEX with you I will make it very fast.

I’ll throw $1000 on the floor, by the time you bend down to pick it I’ll be done.”

She thought for a moment then called her boyfriend and told him the story.

Her boyfriend then said to her, do it but “Ask him for $2000, pick up the money very fast he wouldn’t even have enough time to undressed himself.”

So she agrees.

Half an hour goes by, the boyfriend decides to call girlfriend, he asks, “what happened?”

She responds, “The Bastard used coins I’m still picking and he is still going!”

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                          The fucking state of those strippers in Kilkenny. I hope they were some local sluts that got carried away and not actually paid. Seen better looking on a farm
                          Beautiful strippers are terrifying.

You'd want a 4-7 for that kind of activity imo.

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                          Bate the cunt with the phone for a start.

I was over at a stag in Puerto Banus a few years ago.

When the stripper came in, a box was passed around for all phones.
                          A very very bizarre Mass.

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                            Lol.

Got a hole in one yesterday! Par 3, 135 yards, uphill. Caught it sweet off the tee and it landed about 8ft before the hole and rolled in.

Scenes.
                            Theresa's Golf Update -

Week 9 now I think - got a couple lessons.

Still not using my driver most of the time, using my 3 iron off the tee.
                            Shot 89 Last Sat. Seem to be hovering around the 95 mark other than that outlier.
                            Last weekend of the season here this weekend. One more outing - playing a difficult enough course.

Given myself the goal of breaking 85 consistently by the end of next season. Well and truly addicted.
                            This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                            All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                            The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                              Don't know how people do high-work-hour weeks consistently. I've been doing 65-70 hours a week for last eight weeks and am absolutely dead on my feet. Only another month of it left, thankfully. There's a lot of people who'd be doing this every week for years, e.g. people running their own business. How the fuck do they do it?
                              I generally live on 5-6 hours sleep a night Monday to Friday. A few times in the last few weeks, my legs almost went from under me when I stood up from pins and needles as I had been sitting at the desk for so long, can't be healthy really.

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                              "Another day, another bag of dicks"

Really enjoying The Deuce. I wonder is this what watching The Wire from the start felt like ? So much potential.

Awaiting the horrible season 2...
                              Season 2 was the best season of the wire AINEC

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                                I generally live on 5-6 hours sleep a night Monday to Friday. A few times in the last few weeks, my legs almost went from under me when I stood up from pins and needles as I had been sitting at the desk for so long, can't be healthy really.

Season 2 was the best season of the wire AINEC
                                We are very alike you and I.
                                All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                  Best ten minutes of the day.
                                  Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Theresa's Golf Update -

Shot 89 Last Sat. Seem to be hovering around the 95 mark other than that outlier.
                                    Last weekend of the season here this weekend. One more outing - playing a difficult enough course.

Given myself the goal of breaking 85 consistently by the end of next season. Well and truly addicted.
                                    That level of progression is nuts!
                                    I've been playing 5 years, shot 89 once and don't know how I did it, havn't gotten close since (was at Silverwings out by the airport if you've played it, a forgiving course, wide open and no trees but usually shoot between 95-102).
                                    Where did you go for your lessons?

Comment

Golf is a terrible game if you're in any way obsessive or competitive. I got mad into it about 4 years ago, got down to 14 handicap and shot 79 as my best score...then fizzled haven't played in 18 months odd. Realised I'd never be as good as I wanted and bad shots drove me far crazier than the good ones gave me enjoyment.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                        Golf is a terrible game if you're in any way obsessive or competitive. I got mad into it about 4 years ago, got down to 14 handicap and shot 79 as my best score...then fizzled haven't played in 18 months odd. Realised I'd never be as good as I wanted and bad shots drove me far crazier than the good ones gave me enjoyment.
                                        Fly with the Z man at yer peril.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Bullocks View Post
                                          Fly with the Z man at yer peril.
                                          Had to move the plane this week because they're having a music festival in a hangar at Weston over the weekend. Some lot!

Comment

Alexa doesn't quite understand little kids resulting in a graphic misinterpretation... look at this cute kids innocence he has not a clue what's going on and...

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie Sheen View Post
                                              That level of progression is nuts!
                                              I've been playing 5 years, shot 89 once and don't know how I did it, havn't gotten close since (was at Silverwings out by the airport if you've played it, a forgiving course, wide open and no trees but usually shoot between 95-102).
                                              Where did you go for your lessons?
                                              tbh, I must have played 20 rounds and crushed 2000+ balls at various ranges.

I've played a bunch of courses! I actually had Silverwings booked for Sat but decided to head to HeatherGlen instead.

Got my lessons off Todd Halpen - the biggest improvement for me was dropping the driver. I'd back myself to hit GIR from 180 back in the rough or fareway a lot more than I would from 140 back from the fucking trees.

This. I get obsessed.

Comment

Theresa's Golf Update -

Thats some great progress. Cant stress how good lessons at an early stage are to stop bad habbits before they start.
                                                Whats wrong with the driver??

Comment

tbh, I must have played 20 rounds and crushed 2000+ balls at various ranges.

I've played a bunch of courses! I actually had Silverwings booked for Sat but decided to head to HeatherGlen instead.

Got my lessons off Todd Halpen - the biggest improvement for me was dropping the driver. I'd back myself to hit GIR from 180 back in the rough or fareway a lot more than I would from 140 back from the fucking trees.

This. I get obsessed.
                                                  I get plenty of rounds in myself, having the motivation to go the range is my problem, get bored after hitting 20 balls. Off the tee box I'm terrible, should really leave the driver at home like yourself.

Myself and a friend were actually looking into lessons with Todd Halpen at the start of the summer but never pulled the trigger, I assume he's worth it?

Comment

The Times of India is a wonderful read.

All crime stories invariably refer to 'goons'. Comments usually end up with someone calling the goons 'cowrapists'. Which seems to settle matters to everyones satisfaction.
                                                    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Mattress Mick movie on now. Meant to be good.

Comment

Mattress Mick movie on now. Meant to be good.
                                                        Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                        There's an 18 episode documentary series about Mattress Mick starting on RTE next week which is likely to be the next breakout mega tv show.
                                                        Think I may have missed the joke. It's just the same docu that was in some cinemas last year
                                                        Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Jebus. Windmill lane has been totally destroyed since then.
                                                          Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                                            Think I may have missed the joke. It's just the same docu that was in some cinemas last year
                                                            Didn't know it was a one-off to be honest, assumed it was a series though it was a pure guess at the number of episodes.
                                                            Not sure how they can do the story justice in such a short format to be honest.

Comment

Golf and poker have similar enjoyment\learning curves.

Easy games to mess around with and have fun, but to become highly proficient you either have to be a savant or a demented obsessive masochist.

But oh the intoxicating Ăśbermenschy zen you feel when you are playing and running well......
                                                              Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

This was published in 1992 in New York magazine.

God bless twitter. It's so obvious it must be fake. But it isnt.

Comment

Originally posted by CHDog View Post
                                                                  This was published in 1992 in New York magazine.

God bless twitter. It's so obvious it must be fake. But it isnt.
                                                                  Julie Bumgold bless her cotton socks
                                                                  Her sky-ness
                                                                  © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Hooch View Post
                                                                    Thats some great progress. Cant stress how good lessons at an early stage are to stop bad habbits before they start.
                                                                    Whats wrong with the driver??

I slice it wildly. I've now corrected it to hook it wildly. Which is good!

Just gotta calibrate the difference between the two swings now.

Originally posted by Charlie Sheen View Post
                                                                    I get plenty of rounds in myself, having the motivation to go the range is my problem, get bored after hitting 20 balls. Off the tee box I'm terrible, should really leave the driver at home like yourself.

Myself and a friend were actually looking into lessons with Todd Halpen at the start of the summer but never pulled the trigger, I assume he's worth it?
                                                                    I think so, I would have done a lot of study myself but his drills are good and he talks you through things. The above method was how I brought my shooting down. He had me concentrage on slicing/hooking then fading/drawing then finding a "relatively straight ball flight" that was in my sweet spot.

Doesnt need to be dead straight.

Edit to say, Im heading to range at 6:30 (golf canada centre on heritage drive SE if your interested?)
                                                                    Last edited by Theresa; 26-10-17, 22:42.

Comment

Anyone's ears burning?

Comment

Kinda ironic she threw such a wobbly about a tweet posted here but she tweets a pile of screenshots from this site.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post

Edit: that was an instant reaction, Ed answers AFB much better above
                                                                          Welcome to Postmodernist Critical Gender theory With AFB (PMCGTWAFB)

This is the rape culture pyramid:

This isn't some whacky fringe idea manifested only on Tumblr. This is mainstream feminism as taught in gender studies classes all over the world. Primarily this was developed in American humanities depts, but it has spread from there into the general discourse.

As you can see from the pyramid, banter is actually the same thing as rape, just manifested on a lower part of the scale. This is why it can be claimed that talking about strippers is essentially the same thing as sexual harassment. This is why it can be claimed that casual locker room talk is just as harmful as molestation once you think about it. And this is the framework by which it can be claimed that false accusations of sexual harassment are merely banter. It's all just rape culture, right?
                                                                          "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Bullocks View Post
                                                                            most wimmin don't get sexually abused.
                                                                            How the hell do you know this?

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                              That won't cut it. Sorry if shit has happened to you, but you can't accuse someone of that stuff and then just go 'oh it wasn't you?'.

You can say what you like on twitter, at least until they decide otherwise, but this isn't Twitter and I think we've all had enough. I've given you plenty of chances and defended you somewhat, but I'm afraid you're done here now.
                                                                              Thank fuck.

Didn't get to this post before I shot off the last one.
                                                                              I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

I slice it wildly. I've now corrected it to hook it wildly. Which is good!

Just gotta calibrate the difference between the two swings now.
                                                                                When you first said it i imagined you had a hook. Sounds like you have a steep back swing which would explain why your short mid irons are good. Id be trying to flatting out the backswing with the driver and woods.
                                                                                Dose your coach record your lessons?

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare
                                                                                  Guys, I'm seriously disgusted by this.

Not in the business of giving ultimatums because you guys are my friends, but I don't think I'll hang around much if this person is a member of the forum.

An absolutely vile human being to do such a thing.
                                                                                  agreed as he is one of my besties and wont hear a bad word said about him, even though he is a plying cunt alcohol wise

and again 100% agree on this one
                                                                                  Her sky-ness
                                                                                  © 5starpool

Comment

I've sexually harassed the crazy one on here technically but technically I've got away with worse knocks on the door from shit I've said on the internet from detectives.

LOL hi this is lottie.

Gotta cover yourself. I'm also not allowed in Donegal. Not missing much apparently.

Comment

Thread needs an injection of Camille paglia. Gender studies departments in universities everywhere need to be defunded and scrapped,we need to listen to scientists not bitter lunatics

Comment

Edit to say, Im heading to range at 6:30 (golf canada centre on heritage drive SE if your interested?)
                                                                                        Sent you a PM

Comment

Baiting mentally unstable people is not very kind or honourable imo.

Comment

My parents discovered golf was the best thing ever for having free time so would drop me and my brothers down to the course st 9am and I'd play all day.
                                                                                            Down to a 2 handicap as a teen when I stopped but then again my first handicap was 12 so was never too bad. My older brother was better and was off scratch, better than the course pro. Parents were genius, having 4 kids looked after all for a cheap yearly fee. Realised I had plenty of time for golf when I'm old and boring so haven't touched it in over a decade.
                                                                                            Originally posted by CHDog View Post
                                                                                            I've sexually harassed the crazy one on here technically but technically I've got away with worse knocks on the door from shit I've said on the internet from detectives.

LOL hi this is lottie.

Gotta cover yourself. I'm also not allowed in Donegal. Not missing much apparently.
                                                                                            Sorry I sexually harassed you when I met you #chadtoo
                                                                                            Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 27-10-17, 00:08.

Comment

Originally posted by Hooch View Post
                                                                                              When you first said it i imagined you had a hook. Sounds like you have a steep back swing which would explain why your short mid irons are good. Id be trying to flatting out the backswing with the driver and woods.
                                                                                              Dose your coach record your lessons?
                                                                                              Nah its always been a slice, wicked. Like... 200 yards off line slice

Coach start me whipping it mad the other way to get the feel for the completely opposite swing, and I've been working in from there. Im getting there... I went down tonight and despite the odd mistake my slice is basically gone, hooking a little bit now, but 80% of the time its reasonably straight.

Which is good. As Long as I know which side Im gonna miss, and consistently miss I can fix it.

Yeah I've only had two lessons, one on irons and one on driver (as requested). But they are recorded for me to have a look at my swing. Its come a loooooooooong way.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                                                Do you actually? You must have difficulty getting out of bed in the morning if such mild opinions evoke that strong an emotion in you.
                                                                                                Its not a mild opinion. Ask a couple of women what their worst experiences are with men and you might begin to understand why. Men live in a much safer and oblivious world than women do. I was playing poker last year and I knew the female dealer quite well. I happen to know that she was the victim of a violent sexual attack a few years ago. A drunk guy sits down at the table and proudly announces that he is there to "rape" the table, and questioning who wants to be the first "victim". I'll never forget the glance she gave me. He didn't mean any harm, but this is clearly very upsetting for the dealer. This is a good example of the different world men and women live in. For most men rape is something that happens on TV or on the news, but its either a real incident for women, a near miss or a real fear. Anyone who thinks the current situation is ok is either grossly misinformed or a terrible person in my opinion.

Comment

Well to assume they do would put me in the minority and I seriously doubt that. You must have a very bleak view of your average Joe.

Comment

You made two statements, the second of which was "most wimmin don't get sexually abused." I helpfully quoted the statement I had an issue with, so I'm not quite sure how you could have gotten them mixed up.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                                                      My parents discovered golf was the best thing ever for having free time so would drop me and my brothers down to the course st 9am and I'd play all day.
                                                                                                      Down to a 2 handicap as a teen when I stopped but then again my first handicap was 12 so was never too bad. My older brother was better and was off scratch, better than the course pro. Parents were genius, having 4 kids looked after all for a cheap yearly fee. Realised I had plenty of time for golf when I'm old and boring so haven't touched it in over a decade.
                                                                                                      Impressive, where did ye play?

Comment

Its not a mild opinion. Ask a couple of women what their worst experiences are with men and you might begin to understand why. Men live in a much safer and oblivious world than women do. I was playing poker last year and I knew the female dealer quite well. I happen to know that she was the victim of a violent sexual attack a few years ago. A drunk guy sits down at the table and proudly announces that he is there to "rape" the table, and questioning who wants to be the first "victim". I'll never forget the glance she gave me. He didn't mean any harm, but this is clearly very upsetting for the dealer. This is a good example of the different world men and women live in. For most men rape is something that happens on TV or on the news, but its either a real incident for women, a near miss or a real fear. Anyone who thinks the current situation is ok is either grossly misinformed or a terrible person in my opinion.
                                                                                                        Men don't live in a safer world at all, stats show they're for instance faaaar more likely to be victims of serious physical assault, men also the more likely to be victims of robberies. Figures for sexual assaults and domestic violence very weighted towards female victims but overall victims of police reported crimes is actually pretty similar so your assertion is incorrect.

Nobody was saying the current situation is ok from what I've read, I was merely pointing out your grossly exaggerated reaction to his post.
                                                                                                        Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                                                          Impressive, where did ye play?
                                                                                                          Strandhill I'd say. Not easy to get to 2 out there. Spend a few summers grinding myself don't ever remember getting lower than 16
                                                                                                          airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                                                            Strandhill I'd say. Not easy to get to 2 out there. Spend a few summers grinding myself don't ever remember getting lower than 16
                                                                                                            Ah yeah, forgot he was Sligo. Was wondering about the cheap childcare comment

Comment

My original post was a bit tongue in cheek but my thoughts are. Of course most women are not being sexually abused. There is a high rate of it but the average bloke isn’t actually sexually abusing women . I base it on the facts that.

1.A HUGE percentage of women will simply not tolerate it. I’d like to see someone try it with nearly every woman I know.

2. The line of what is sexual abuse these days is just silly (as your rape the table example clearly displays, you are silly)

3. Ask yourself if you would do it , have ever done it, what makes you so special,* NOTHING.

4. The world (western anyway)* has never been a safer place for women* in terms of rights/respect/career etc.

We need to be careful that us men don’t get painted into a corner where we can’t even fart in the same room as a women without being thought of as an abuser It’s tougher being a woman than a man in a sexual sense but let’s not devalue the suffering of those who suffered real sexual abuse by placing every little comment however sexual as abuse.

Mostly I’m not interested in the male outrage though. Its always so fucking patronising to women .They are not weak and don't need you to protect them .

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                                                That won't cut it. Sorry if shit has happened to you, but you can't accuse someone of that stuff and then just go 'oh it wasn't you?'.

You can say what you like on twitter, at least until they decide otherwise, but this isn't Twitter and I think we've all had enough. I've given you plenty of chances and defended you somewhat, but I'm afraid you're done here now.
                                                                                                                "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Some nice Dekmantel sets gone up. Notably Omar S and Masters at Work. Both class for those into that thing
                                                                                                                  airport, lol

Comment

...
                                                                                                                    "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                                                                      Baiting mentally unstable people is not very kind or honourable imo.
                                                                                                                      I suppose so but what do you do if such a person is making serious allegations against you in public?

Comment

...
                                                                                                                        "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                                                          we'll just wait for 5star to come along and tell us what this means
                                                                                                                          Assuming it's some obscure exhibition of modern art at IMMA.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X