Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
    Weather has been great outside most of the day actually. Feels like a waste sitting inside.
    Several places around me having lockins.
    Probably bad parenting bringing a toddler....
    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
      Schools closed again tomorrow, Richard Bruton tweeting about it.
      Think it's a bit of an over reaction. Like Dublin should be fine tomorrow maybe even all of leinster. If specific schools neef to remain closed then fair enough but wholesale closures a bit ott imo. Wife happy though

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
        Think it's a bit of an over reaction. Like Dublin should be fine tomorrow maybe even all of leinster. If specific schools neef to remain closed then fair enough but wholesale closures a bit ott imo. Wife happy though
        Mia here delighted , fucking weather perfect here now. I was a bit disappointed tbh, wasnt that bad, well here anyway.

The father sent on a pic from tralee , his partner after hanging out a load of washing lol
        Her sky-ness
        © 5starpool

Comment

Possibly check the roofs etc for structural damage. Impossible see from the ground need to get someone up there have a proper look.

Comment

I think there's enough damage to take the decision out of the hands of school boards about whether it's safe for parents and kids to get to and from school.

Probably a lot easier to begin the massive clean up and repair jobs without traffic chaos as yummy mummys in jeeps try to dodge fallen trees and power lines on the school run also.

Comment

This guy hurricanes
              Last edited by DeadParrot; 16-10-17, 15:47.
              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
              Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
              https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                Cork city were due to play Derry tonight with a win seeing them crowned champions. Game was cancelled and foxed for tomorrow night. Wonder will it still go ahead after one of the stands collapsed?

SPOILER
                Not sure if serious

No chance whatsoever. H&S will rule it out
                It is going ahead

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Gibney View Post
                  Are you saying that climate change is the obvious reason for weather? Weather gunna weather.
                  No I'm not.

Are you trolling or have you gone full moron?
                  Genuine question btw.
                  Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                    It is going ahead
                    Seriously? Nothing on their Facebook page since before the stand collapsed. Would be crazy to have it on.

LolCork if so

Comment

It is going ahead

I would have bet my bollix that it would be called off. Crazy decision imo. If anyone gets hurt in Any way they will pay heavily for it

Comment

Seriously? Nothing on their Facebook page since before the stand collapsed. Would be crazy to have it on.

LolCork if so
                        There was interview on news that it's cancelled
                        Her sky-ness
                        © 5starpool

Comment

People living in Dublin marking themselves as 'Safe from Ophelia' on Facebook need a good punch in the face.

Comment

So it's officially Denmark, Switzerland, Italy and Croatia as the seeded teams and Republic of Ireland, Sweden, Northern Ireland and Greece unseeded.

For mdougs lottery:

Once one ball has been taken from pot one and another from pot two, they will be placed in a central pot, mixed and then drawn one by one. The first ball drawn will host the first leg between November 9th and 11th. The return leg takes place between November 12th and 14th.'

Comment

Just to let you know that spiral is back for season 6 and has been fully aired in France

Comment

Turned off Mindhunter before the 20 minutes mark with some of the worst script and acting in a bar talking to a woman that I have seen.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                  Turned off Mindhunter before the 20 minutes mark with some of the worst script and acting in a bar talking to a woman that I have seen.
                                  Didn't find the first episode particularly gripping either. Will probably take serious hype to get me to dip back in.

Going to start the West Wing instead.

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                                    People living in Dublin marking themselves as 'Safe from Ophelia' on Facebook need a good punch in the face.
                                    How do i do this?

Comment

Just watched Fantastic Mr. Fox. Much better decision.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                        How do i do this?
                                        Clench your hand into a fist and then raise it to your face at speed. Don't stop until you feel a pain in your face

Comment

Surely todays storm wouldnt make the top 10 of worst weather to hit the country over the last 50 years??

Glad it missed where i am in south Tipperary completely, only had two hours of strong wind, calm again outside.

Comment

Originally posted by Hooch View Post
                                            Surely todays storm wouldnt make the top 10 of worst weather to hit the country over the last 50 years??

Glad it missed where i am in south Tipperary completely, only had two hours of strong wind, calm again outside.
                                            Yeah pretty poor show up in the NW too,few snapped twigs that was it.pretty dry for an irish storm ,wish I’d binged Netflix instead of spending day glued to weather news and waiting for stuff to start flying.
                                            Teachers up this part of the country getting an absolute gift of a day off tomorrow

Comment

Willie c. Co Dublin SAFE

Comment

The slight move west & downgrading not long before it reached Ireland was very useful I reckon.

Also the "Ex-Hurricane" stuff on RTÉ all day was gas.

"Recently demoted Ophelia strikes back at claims she's just a storm".

Comment

London very weird today. Basically sky was yellow at 1pm, orange at 2pm, red a bit later and then dark since about 4.

Comment

Three people killed on a day when there were about 5% of normal activities going on, half a million homes without electricity. When did we ever have worse?

Edit: just heard another limb of a tree come down now, that's the fourth one to go.
                                                    Last edited by Strewelpeter; 16-10-17, 18:26.
                                                    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                      Didn't find the first episode particularly gripping either. Will probably take serious hype to get me to dip back in.

Going to start the West Wing instead.
                                                      I hated the first episode but the concept kept me watching. I kept thinking I was being levelled but its worth a second look.

The scene at the end of the second episode is enjoyable.
                                                      This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                      All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                      The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Anyone else feel like its either xmas day or good friday , longest day ever . ill be in bed by 9pm id say !
                                                        Her sky-ness
                                                        © 5starpool

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

we should set up a home game on stars
                                                            Her sky-ness
                                                            © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                                              Anyone else feel like its either xmas day or good friday , longest day ever . ill be in bed by 9pm id say !
                                                              It really is. The gaf looks like there's been a toy hurricane inside it but I'm too lazy to even attempt to clean it up.

Comment

It is going ahead

I would have bet my bollix that it would be called off. Crazy decision imo. If anyone gets hurt in Any way they will pay heavily for it
                                                                There was interview on news that it's cancelled
                                                                Confirmed going ahead. Madness Ted

Comment

Weather seems rougher now up my way than at any point in the day.
                                                                  I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Some kid will be born today will be called Daenerys

Comment

Storm is either terrible or tame enough depending on where you are. Nothing much going on here at all all day, but some coastal areas got a pretty bad doing by all accounts.

Comment

Seems like 'bad yet not as bad as it could have been' overall?

27 degrees here today although the marathon trek back commences in a couple of hours.
                                                                        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Anyone else finding their house very warm, no fire lighting. its fucking roasting!
                                                                          Her sky-ness
                                                                          © 5starpool

Comment

Anyone else finding their house very warm, no fire lighting. its fucking roasting!
                                                                            How much wine have you had?

Comment

3/4 bottle , it is really warm. must be menopause so
                                                                              Her sky-ness
                                                                              © 5starpool

Comment

How much longer are culchies going to put up with treemageddon? Their hovels crushed, and the donkeys powering their electricity making a bolt for it in terror everytime a tree falls when a bit of wind breezes past:

I'm proposing a final solution to the treeish problem, "Achtung Baum!".

Who's with me? Anybody got Danny Healey-Rae's number?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                                    I already told you!
                                                                                    Her sky-ness
                                                                                    © 5starpool

Comment

Comment

I already told you!
                                                                                        Not you ye banana.

Comment

I picked some day to have zero booze in the house. Had to settle for some overpriced vino from a petrol station. Surprised at the amount of fallen trees on the walk there, didn't think they were that delicate.
                                                                                          Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Not you ye banana.
                                                                                            obv ya jaffa!!!!
                                                                                            Her sky-ness
                                                                                            © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                              Three people killed on a day when there were about 5% of normal activities going on, half a million homes without electricity. When did we ever have worse?

Edit: just heard another limb of a tree come down now, that's the fourth one to go.
                                                                                              How many people took this storm serious rather than an opertunity of a day off. Shops and off licences sold out off drink. Every pub in the country had to call in extra staff.
                                                                                              Most places got hit with high winds for a two hour period before it moved on up the country.
                                                                                              How much damage was caused compared to serious flooding from other years... surely the clean up cost wount be as much and take less time.
                                                                                              The death in Tipperay cant really be classed as storm related.
                                                                                              From reading here you seem to be hit hard and hopefully no serious damage was done.

Comment

How many people took this storm serious rather than an opertunity of a day off. Shops and off licences sold out off drink. Every pub in the country had to call in extra staff.
                                                                                                Most places got hit with high winds for a two hour period before it moved on up the country.
                                                                                                How much damage was caused compared to serious flooding from other years... surely the clean up cost wount be as much and take less time.
                                                                                                From reading here you seem to be hit hard and hopefully no serious damage was done.
                                                                                                what bothers me is

every sky kiosk in the whole of Ireland closed on MY FUCKING DAY OFF!!!
                                                                                                Her sky-ness
                                                                                                © 5starpool

Comment

...
                                                                                                  "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post

Turned into a bit of a downer walk home as I was pondering the psychopathic son who gouges out the eyes of laughing babies and the psychopathic daughter who runs elaborate thought experiments to see how much she can manipulate her brother.
                                                                                                    I was mostly thinking Max will be excellent at rugby.
                                                                                                    Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                                      Turned up at the nannys house today with the elder kid in tow. My two year is there and another baby about to turn one.

The daughter goes up and starts playing with the baby and gets him giggling, and my sweet precious son who has only ever looked at the world with kindness and love, decides that the only thing to do is to try to gouge the baby's eyes out. Well it looked suspiciously like an attempt at that anyway.

Not a change in his sweet demeanor as he made his attempt, it was just as if he had rationally decided that the baby was taking his due attention and so the baby shouldn't have eyes.

The thing was, I was thinking on the way home, the daughter doesn't particularly care for babies. But the previous week she had given this kid a toy and he fell over himself with appreciation and it was clear her brother didn't like this as he tried to take the toy away. So she has clearly kept this in her memory for a week and bounded into the nanny's house trying to see what would happen if she lavished even more affection on the kid.

Turned into a bit of a downer walk home as I was pondering the psychopathic son who gouges out the eyes of laughing babies and the psychopathic daughter who runs elaborate thought experiments to see how much she can manipulate her brother.
                                                                                                      tbf they didnt scrape it off the floor
                                                                                                      Her sky-ness
                                                                                                      © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                                                                                        Surprised at the amount of fallen trees on the walk there, didn't think they were that delicate.
                                                                                                        Welcome aboard.

I foresee this in your future as a degenerate tree supporter:

Comment

School teachers I know are celebrating their day off on social media. As if they don't get enough.

Comment

10/10, 0/10. Depending on what you were attempting.

Comment

Still enjoying "Halt and Catch Fire" four seasons later.
                                                                                                              Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Comment

Goal should have stood. I like it!

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Cycling through Dublin today was like a zombie apocalypse, not a person or car in sight in my cycle to/from work. Would prefer it to be like that every day.
                                                                                                                    Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Comment

Probably the only good thing about flying from Aus to Ireland is the ability to have a few gins in the lounge before you start work for the day.

And yes, gin wankery has well and truly reached these shores.
                                                                                                                        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Every pub in the country had to call in extra staff. .
                                                                                                                          Where did you get this data?

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X