Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
    Are air miles still a thing here? Mrs Lao Lao's sister lives in Canada and she gets them with everything, weekly shop, paying 'lecky bill, etc but I haven't come across them in ages or maybe I'm just missing something?
    Yes. You can earn avios points with are lingus. Not sure you can get them for anything else here though.
    May you live in interesting times!

Comment

First trip there was March 22nd 1986. then had pints with Bryan Robson and Norman Whiteside.
      I was born in '78

Comment

Originally posted by BobbyHeenan View Post
        You will be good at werewolf.

Comment

Originally posted by BobbyHeenan View Post
          Your nickname isn't 'The Brain' for nothing

Comment

Are air miles still a thing here? Mrs Lao Lao's sister lives in Canada and she gets them with everything, weekly shop, paying 'lecky bill, etc but I haven't come across them in ages or maybe I'm just missing something?
            I used my hoarded air miles last year for 2 business class tickets to the Maldives.

Comment

Conference in croke park today. Thinking of sleeping in the toilets until Sunday. I'll leave after the minor match obv

Comment

First United match was in '85. Hughes got a hat-trick (i think) and we beat Stoke 5-0. Wasnt well connected enough to get in for pints with the players.

@hitch by any chance did you leave the young lad in shoes too small for him for too long....

Comment

First United match was David Moyes' home debut. It was shit.

Comment

Two Hogan stand upper in the hand. Stress free week ahead.

Comment

First united match met John Gidman . Had pints with him. I had 7 pints . One for every year of my life.

Actually did meet Gordon hill as I clutched on to my uncle . No idea what he was saying though and may not have been him either . Feck it this could have been a dream, scratch.

Gerry Daly now there was a nice man. (If that was his real name ) .
                      Last edited by Solksjaer!; 13-09-17, 07:49.

Comment

Has the most recent Win10 update done something funny? Both home laptops taking 10m+ to start up.
                        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

If you pretend your child is really a pet monkey it's far less stressful when eating out.

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                            George hook saga has really escalated. Hooks a dope but Jesus Chris o donoghue is such a little weasel
                            Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                            Was saying to the wife: I hate to judge one of our own but I'm almost thinking the toddler runs like a freak. She was saying that she was thinking the exact same thing but felt mean for thinking it as he's clearly into whatever this thing he thinks is running is. So we've both independently come to the same conclusion. Wonder what the line is between normal toddler crazy running and clearly abnormal running? Can't really describe it well but its like he only runs on his tip-toes and seems to bound all over the place. He's been at this for about half a year, so its not like its some phase he's going through.
                            Hook is a fucking idiot who.is getting everything he deserves...not enough in fact.
                            As long as 'if she had of had her wits about her' is used in any way, sexual assault will always carry a caveat of victim blaming.
                            It's a dog whistle saying men cannot control themselves and she should be on her guard, sure she went back to his house she should have expected it. No, we are not all rapists. The guys doing the raping are the problem not the helpless person being raped.
                            George has tried to be clever and spark debate but his starting point is so off it shows him up for the crass out of touch dinosaur he is. That he has done something equally moronic with the HPV vaccine is.further proof of his idiocy
                            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                            Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                            https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Was saying to the wife: I hate to judge one of our own but I'm almost thinking the toddler runs like a freak. She was saying that she was thinking the exact same thing but felt mean for thinking it as he's clearly into whatever this thing he thinks is running is. So we've both independently come to the same conclusion. Wonder what the line is between normal toddler crazy running and clearly abnormal running? Can't really describe it well but its like he only runs on his tip-toes and seems to bound all over the place. He's been at this for about half a year, so its not like its some phase he's going through.
                              Have seen it so many times. I used to walk on my tip toes and prob ran that way too. I was taken to the Dr in case I had a problem with muscles not allowing the foot to rest properly. No problem at all. Then ended up walking on the outer heel. Just all part of being a kid!

I was also one of the top runners in my school, so running like that obviously never affected my sporting ability as I competed in all sorts and did well!

Comment

Closing the sign up for werewolf around lunchtime, will be putting up the OP tonight and the roles going out either late tonight or early tomorrow.

Still time to get involved folks

Comment

We don't have any of those credit cards in North America where you build up miles for unrelated purchases more's the pity. The airlines have their own rewards programs alright. We've been travelling a lot over the last few years and a good bit with Etihad so have a bit built up that way.

Must look into this Avios thing.

Comment

Travel with work is class tbf. Our offshore team are in Mumbai so you really rack up the air miles travelling business/first over and back. Work pay, air miles are yours, use them for upgrades or free flights for personal holidays. EZ game.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                      We don't have any of those credit cards in North America where you build up miles for unrelated purchases more's the pity. The airlines have their own rewards programs alright. We've been travelling a lot over the last few years and a good bit with Etihad so have a bit built up that way.

Must look into this Avios thing.
                                      Can earn BA Avios from grocery shops in Tesco.

Comment

Originally posted by Jibzzzz View Post
                                        Travel with work is class tbf. Our offshore team are in Mumbai so you really rack up the air miles travelling business/first over and back. Work pay, air miles are yours, use them for upgrades or free flights for personal holidays. EZ game.
                                        The guy I lived with in NZ was CEO of a start up that travelled back and forth to OZ most weeks so as a going away present he bumped the girlfriend and I up to Business on the way to Fiji.
                                        It was pretty cool but is probably not something I would pay myself for. That said I would pay for the lounge if I flew regularly. I know they can vary quite a bit but the lounge is worth it for a regular user I think.

Comment

My first utd match was when Torres and David N'Gog scored in a 2-0 win for Liverpool at Anfield. Was class.

Comment

Originally posted by Jibzzzz View Post
                                            Can earn BA Avios from grocery shops in Tesco.
                                            Just sign up through the Avios website to get started or what's the story?

Comment

I would of went through the BA website so not 100%. Flew with BA, set up an account and redeemed points through them.

Aer lingus rewards program is separate but if you log into Avios you can transfer your aer lingus avios to your BA account and vice versa.

Comment

unless you fly regularly for business, there is absolutely no point collecting avios imo. the tesco deal really isn't that good, you get 600 BA avios for every £2.50 of tesco clubcard vouchers. might as well just buy your ticket

Comment

I flew BA business class to Vegas last year for €1500 and got enough Avios for a one way trip to NY with Aer Lingus...Seems decent!

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Wish we could just get decent rewards cards like they have in the states.

Comment

I've loads of useless bits and pieces of airmiles with different airlines. Other than using them to negotiate lounge access all I ever got was a couple of upgrades and one London flight.
                                                        They really only work if you pick an airline and stock to it... That I guess is why they are called loyalty programs!
                                                        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Better off with an American Express platinum, that gets you lounge access pretty much everywhere and all your spending generates points which can be transferred to most airlines rewards programme.
                                                          Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                                                          https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

Originally posted by mocata View Post
                                                            Better off with an American Express platinum, that gets you lounge access pretty much everywhere and all your spending generates points which can be transferred to most airlines rewards programme.
                                                            and if you buy expensive things with it, you get free first class travel for life for you and your whole family

rich dude buying expensive things

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                              and if you buy expensive things with it, you get free first class travel for life for you and your whole family

rich dude buying expensive things
                                                              Makes sense - GAB funded his Thai trip through those fancy light fittings he bought for the new gaff imo....
                                                              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Looked into Amex a couple of years ago but it didn't seem like it would work out for some now forgotten reason.

Comment

Loads of places still don't accept Amex as far as I know.

Comment

Looked into Amex a couple of years ago but it didn't seem like it would work out for some now forgotten reason.
                                                                    Probably cause a lot of places don't accept it.

Comment

Bitcoin doing a good tank job the last while.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                        Time to load up then!

Comment

All the traders at JPMorgan selling it after the boss said he'd fire anyone who owned any!
                                                                          ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

I have .55 and that's all I'll ever have. Think if it gets back to €2k I'll get out of dodge.

Comment

Didn't the same thing happen to Norman Hunter back in the day, or maybe it was Vinny Jones?

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                My MasterCard came with a Amex linked to the same account. Most places accept the Amex without issue. Occasionally a small cafe or something won't so I use the other one (or if there's an Amex fee online). Most of our monthly spending goes on the Amex as it racks up points faster. Groceries, bills, reoccurring payments etc.

I've had it for a year, and just booked two flights to Bali with the points.
                                                                                I was actually against CC for a long time as the idea of using credit all the time seemed dumb.

Comment

...
                                                                                  "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                    This. My work CC is an Amex and its a pain in the hoop in Ireland and UK.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                      Probably cause a lot of places don't accept it.
                                                                                      Yeah must have been something to do with thinking I wouldn't be able to spend enough on it.

Comment

My fault.bought .15 to check it out last week,all downhill since
                                                                                        Ill hold just in case It comes out of the hole.must say buying it was way too easy,like lodging money to a betting account

Comment

So its worth €1,750 approx now? Waiting for falling prices to rebound tends to be the muggiest of mug games in financial markets.
                                                                                          Yea. It was 2.2k only a little while ago. You're probably right. I should just withdraw it. I've had it since it was worth €400 so done OK!

Comment

Yea. It was 2.2k only a little while ago. You're probably right. I should just withdraw it. I've had it since it was worth €400 so done OK!
                                                                                            Buy more.

Comment

GAB considering getting a virgin for air miles reminds me of this:

Comment

folks can I have the numbers 1-23 (inclusive) in a random order? (Not in one line)

Thank ye kindly!

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                                                                                  folks can I have the numbers 1-23 (inclusive) in a random order? (Not in one line)

Thank ye kindly!
                                                                                                  23,
                                                                                                  1

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                                                                                                    Conference in croke park today. Thinking of sleeping in the toilets until Sunday. I'll leave after the minor match obv
                                                                                                    You'll have a tougher game than any so far against that Derry side but the current Kerry minors are a class apart. Some achievement those boys are going for.

As for me, the usual mad scramble has my current tally at 4 out of 6 required tickets. It's a cliche but it genuinely gets more difficult each year. And fuck every business in Ireland who has tickets and has me liking, sharing and commenting on some inane fucking Facebook post. I'll spend a good hour on Monday unliking every single one of the fuckers.
                                                                                                    You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                                                    World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Originally posted by mrsflushdraw View Post
                                                                                                      folks can i have the numbers 1-23 (inclusive) in a random order? (not in one line)

thank ye kindly!
                                                                                                      23
                                                                                                      14
                                                                                                      19
                                                                                                      12
                                                                                                      10
                                                                                                      5
                                                                                                      15
                                                                                                      18
                                                                                                      7
                                                                                                      1
                                                                                                      4
                                                                                                      9
                                                                                                      22
                                                                                                      2
                                                                                                      6
                                                                                                      11
                                                                                                      20
                                                                                                      3
                                                                                                      16
                                                                                                      8
                                                                                                      21
                                                                                                      13
                                                                                                      17

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                                                                                        You'll have a tougher game than any so far against that Derry side but the current Kerry minors are a class apart. Some achievement those boys are going for.

As for me, the usual mad scramble has my current tally at 4 out of 6 required tickets. It's a cliche but it genuinely gets more difficult each year. And fuck every business in Ireland who has tickets and has me liking, sharing and commenting on some inane fucking Facebook post. I'll spend a good hour on Monday unliking every single one of the fuckers.
                                                                                                        So far I've seen one car with a flag

Come back to us when ye are going for 6 in a row tix might be a bit scarce then.

Comment

Thank ye kindly!
                                                                                                          And again thanks!

Comment

3
                                                                                                            2
                                                                                                            16
                                                                                                            14
                                                                                                            10
                                                                                                            19
                                                                                                            23
                                                                                                            1
                                                                                                            11
                                                                                                            13
                                                                                                            21
                                                                                                            9
                                                                                                            17
                                                                                                            7
                                                                                                            12
                                                                                                            6
                                                                                                            18
                                                                                                            20
                                                                                                            15
                                                                                                            8
                                                                                                            4
                                                                                                            5
                                                                                                            22
                                                                                                            Timestamp: 2017-09-13 14:53:39 UTC

Comment

And again thanks!
                                                                                                              You thanking yourself?

3
                                                                                                              4
                                                                                                              23
                                                                                                              1
                                                                                                              20
                                                                                                              13
                                                                                                              14
                                                                                                              15
                                                                                                              18
                                                                                                              9
                                                                                                              10
                                                                                                              2
                                                                                                              5
                                                                                                              6
                                                                                                              7
                                                                                                              8
                                                                                                              12
                                                                                                              21
                                                                                                              22
                                                                                                              11
                                                                                                              16
                                                                                                              17
                                                                                                              19
                                                                                                              No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                                So far I've seen one car with a flag

Come back to us when ye are going for 6 in a row tix might be a bit scarce then.
                                                                                                                Does your county have a football team?
                                                                                                                You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                                                                World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Are people declaring CGT on bitcoin sales?

Comment

Can someone click this google form to see if it is working ok?

Web word processing, presentations and spreadsheets

Comment

Originally posted by jack90210 View Post
                                                                                                                      Are people declaring CGT on bitcoin sales?
                                                                                                                      if you're declaring capital gains on other investments, why would you not declare it for this?

Comment

Can someone click this google form to see if it is working ok?

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/102X...it?ts=594fb86d
                                                                                                                        This is what I see on mobile.

Sorry, the file you have requested does not exist.

Make sure that you have the correct URL and that the file exists.

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                                                                                          if you're declaring capital gains on other investments, why would you not declare it for this?
                                                                                                                          You should absolutely.

Just wondering if it's the "done" thing seems there maybe a lot of people in bitcoin who are unfamiliar with their tax obligations.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X