3 Handed Spot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3 Handed Spot

This type of spot always feels pretty confusing to me.

Can somebody tell me am I just totally leveling myself here. Both other players seem to be regs. Btn has played well. SB has been pretty standard TAG.

He has been very tight from the SB. I could only remember him flatting a BTN open once. He probably gave me slightly more walks than he opened bvb. He was completely straight forward so far from what I've. But he hasn't really had chips more than 20bbs on the final 2 tables.

He would view me as the most active since we got shorthanded, especially post flop. Been defending pre more so than 3betting. I have been extremely sticky, not folding many flops or turns and raising a lot of cbets without showing down much.

He hasn't been overly aggressive post. His first turn c/r (only 5 opportunities so far)

In the last few hands he has just doubled twice the most recent being the hand directly before this.

Does anybody else think this is a perfect spot for him to be light especially after him just getting chips etc. or am I just leveling myself too much?

I always struggle in spots like this where he his value range is basically sets but do guys go nuts that often against someone who has been playing back at them a lot and now they just got chips.

If we call we will have 664,000 behind into a 885,000 pot.

I don't think ICM really matters a huge amount but payout were
    1. 2450
    2. 1800
    3. 1450

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, 11 Tournament, 17,500/35,000 Blinds 4,375 Ante (3 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from http://flopturnriver.com/

Hero (BB) (t1,105,706)
    Button (t976,908)
    SB (t1,493,386)

Hero's M: 16.85

Preflop: Hero is BB with 7, 8
    1 fold, SB raises to t74,900, Hero calls t39,900

Flop: (t162,925) 8, 5, 2 (2 players)
    SB bets t71,687, Hero calls t71,687

Turn: (t306,299) Q (2 players)
    SB checks, Hero bets t131,182, SB raises to t289,000, Hero

Why are you betting the turn? Why are you betting 1/3 of the pot?

Comment

I personally like a turn bet, I think too often I check behind on the turn here and call river value bets vs this type of player and/or miss value vs them.
      I think betting to cash out your equity on the turn is totally fine and then folding if shown any resistance like in this case.
      Given all the info on the villain seems like an easy b/f, if he was a little more erratic, I probably check turn and call Alot of rivers but vs a tight player b/f turn is best imo

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
        Why are you betting the turn? Why are you betting 1/3 of the pot?
        For value. I expected him to call turn with all of his A highs including some K high. Also thought all of his pairs <8 would c/call.

I didn't see the need to go any bigger. I would probably go smaller before I'd go bigger here. We are only 30bbs deep to start the hand. Why would you like to go bigger? What sizing would you prefer? I thought 42% was closer to too big than too small here to be honest.

Originally posted by brady23 View Post
        I personally like a turn bet, I think too often I check behind on the turn here and call river value bets vs this type of player and/or miss value vs them.
        I think betting to cash out your equity on the turn is totally fine and then folding if shown any resistance like in this case.
        Given all the info on the villain seems like an easy b/f, if he was a little more erratic, I probably check turn and call Alot of rivers but vs a tight player b/f turn is best imo
        Yeah I bet the turn a lot in spots like this. Possibly bet some rivers for value also if he calls.

Yeah reading this back now it seems a pretty terrible post. Guy hasn't done much aggressive apart from cbetting a lot. His first c/r he's repping exactly sets. He just has a set close to 100% of the time I expect.

1 of them spots in game where. I realised I hadn't been folding any cbets really. It just seemed like the perfect spot to bluff. It is a great spot to bluff but I don't think he does here at all really.

Comment

Is call / fold the river an option here, if you dont improve you may well get a c/c river if you do you beat most of his range other than the set.:-)
          Atlantis Events Beat The Boss Saturday 7th Mar @5pm €5,000 Gtd The Dolmen Carlow

Comment

I dont think call now and hope for s/d is good, i think most people shove river close to 100% taking this line. The only thing to consider is can we call down or not.

@Gary, If you've been playing so sticky and playing back so much chances are he just waited til he had it, why does his value range have to be as narrow as sets? Does he value sets much more than 2 pair?

Do think it would be an interesting way to play his many possible gutshots but the traditional thing to do there would be barrel + you're not guaranteed to bet.

The fact you said he was so straight forward makes me want to fold and assume he overplayed a big hand rather than get into the levels of calling down here.

Comment

I think your turn bet is probably on the big side to be honest. 43% is chunky enough given the situation imo. I like betting the turn in this spot also, but think its a little thin. Don't hate checking back, but vs someone straightforward and that perhaps views you as bluffy I think I like it.

This would be an incredibly spazzy line as a bluff from someone you describe as "straight forward". Makes we want to fold here. I think his value range is a lot wider than sets too.

Call/fold the river is a much underused option in general, but I don't like it here. Agree with LH that we see shoves in this situation a very large %.
              Foldaramus et foldarabimus

Comment

Working...
              X