Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time away Limits Tournament play ?

Hi all,

If we have a longish blind structure lets say 40 mins and a player gets four or five stacks built up in the first two levels or so and then dissapears for an extended period of time. (Even up to break 1);

1. Are there any penalties which can be invoked for abscence. (Apart from normal blinding , which would be negligible at this stage)
    2. Are there any time limits a player can be away from the table.

As you can imagine this aint v. sporting as most of a tables chips are effectively frozen.

Your thoughts , rulings or indeed recommendations are most welcome on how to handle this.

his fully within his right to disapear when he wants a lot a players do this come bubble time in tournaments
    ( i know that a small amount of time but you get my point)

No penalties can or should imo be invoked, if he sat there and folded every hand he wouldn't have any penalties would he?

Comment

Is this question for serious?

Comment

Originally posted by jack90210 View Post
        Is this question for serious?
        I think it was a serious question but hope to god that the op isnt a card room operator & trying to impiment penalties for this,

Nobody is forced to stay at a poker table for any lenght of time, just blind his stack away he can sit 20 ft away until heads up if he wants

Comment

Thats fair and appeciate the answer, that is exactly as I see it too, however it is an area that some players wanted clarity. As you can appreciate in a smallish game 12-15 players, the early dynamics can be dramatically affected. I merely wanted back up from the forum.

No need for the snipe comment jack

Comment

Originally posted by West1 View Post
            Thats fair and appeciate the answer, that is exactly as I see it too, however it is an area that some players wanted clarity. As you can appreciate in a smallish game 12-15 players, the early dynamics can be dramatically affected. I merely wanted back up from the forum.

No need for the snipe comment jack
            Dont think is was meant as snipe,

I dont have the time atm but will have a look later in roberts rules see is there something covering this but I dought it

you could probably pm carfax on here or JPPoker & i'm sure they would give you their opinion & they have been TD's for many years

Comment

I don't think it'll be covered in the rules, it's a perfectly acceptable tactic. As mentioned, it wouldn't be a problem if he choose to fold every hand. At times satelites it's the correct thing to do

Comment

Working...
              X