Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

re raising an underraise

Playing a cash table the other night 1/2 blinds
    utg calls, utg+1 raises €15, co, button and bb call, utg pushes all in for €24,
    utg+1 now argues that he can reraise as utg just flat called on first action.
    Imho it was an underraise and utg+1 had already acted so can only call, what are ppls opinion on this
    Reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol

I agree with your thoughts on the situation. He has already acted before the underraise has occured so he can only fold or call

Comment

Should only be able to call.
      "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Pretty standard underraise tbh.

Comment

Standard, utg can reraise, utg1 can't unless utg does

Comment

ok so looks like I was right, now for the outcome,
            when called over the manager of the club states that because utg had a chance to go all-in before utg1 raised, it is not now classed as an underraise and utg1 can now reraise

Thought this was complete madness, as did most of the other players on the table

Comment

Was the manager just a homeless person they threw a suit on? This is as standard as it gets.

Comment

Originally posted by twitch1984 View Post
                ok so looks like I was right, now for the outcome,
                when called over the manager of the club states that because utg had a chance to go all-in before utg1 raised, it is not now classed as an underraise and utg1 can now reraise

Thought this was complete madness, as did most of the other players on the table
                That's madness where did this happen?
                "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Manager is wrong. Where did this happen?

Comment

/

The manager doesnt have a clue what he's doing, this is the kind of defensive argument ur get from a beginer, ovb he can only call!!

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                      That's madness where did this happen?
                      Not going to say just yet as I kicked up a stinkl and told the manager he was wrong and i could easily get plenty of ppl who would agree with me and the others, will be back there over the weekend and will show him this thread, If he owns up to his awful ruling and admits he was wrong I will give him the benefit of the doubt that it was a one off. If he still tries to defend his ruling I will then name and shame

Comment

Not going to say just yet as I kicked up a stinkl and told the manager he was wrong and i could easily get plenty of ppl who would agree with me and the others, will be back there over the weekend and will show him this thread, If he owns up to his awful ruling and admits he was wrong I will give him the benefit of the doubt that it was a one off. If he still tries to defend his ruling I will then name and shame
                        Wait till we get Bubbleking on it first, he's the biggest internet name we have...

Comment

Why would you even go back? If he doesn't know one of the easiest rules in poker, then i wouldn't like to be relying on him to make a decision if it was in anyway tricky.

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                            Why would you even go back? If he doesn't know one of the easiest rules in poker, then i wouldn't like to be relying on him to make a decision if it was in anyway tricky.
                            soft tables make up for shitty management
                            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                            Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                            https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                              soft tables make up for shitty management
                              ainec

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                I know what your saying but I do enjoy the game there and this is the only problem I have ever seen ,any other rules I have seen him make were all good ones, hence the reason why I started this thread to clarify that I was right in my argument
                                Last edited by twitch1984; 23-02-11, 15:01.

Comment

Just wondering did the manager admit to his mistake and if he did what kinda excuse did he give you?

Comment

Wouldn't he be allowed to raise in a tournament if a similar situation came up?

Is it true that if he raised all-in with more than 50% of the original bet, then the betting is re-opened and utg+1 would then be entitled to raise?

I understand this rule is also used in Limit poker cash games.

I'm an oldie though and may be way off mark here. . .

Comment

Working...
                                    X