Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had a fair few pints before the Ireland game kicked off.

Just before kick off, I lumped on Ireland at -30, thought they were a big price for that score line.

Was raging as the game progressed as it was clear there was no hope we were going to win by 30 plus.

Turns out I somehow backed Italy +30 [emoji2369] so all's well that end well [emoji3]

Comment

So what’s our 15 for France? Also planning for the 6 day turnaround to Wales.

I think we go strong for France and then bring a few guys in to freshen it up 6 days later. Here’s who I’d have based on current injury info.

1. Healy
      2. Best
      3. Furlong
      4. Ryan
      5. Henderson
      6. POM
      7. JVdF
      8. Conan
      9. Marmion
      10. Sexton
      11. Stockdale
      12. Henshaw
      13. Ringrose
      14. Earls
      15. Kearney
      16. Cronin
      17. Kilcoyne
      18. Porter
      19. Beirne
      20. SOB
      21. Murray
      22. Carbery
      23. Larmour

That’s 13 different players from the squad today. When you think about the number of Wales changes for the Italy game is it that much different? Lots of crying and gnashing of teeth and it wasn’t a good performance but it’s also been very instructive. I think we rule out Roux, Jordi Murphy, Conway, Carty and Cooney from here on and we narrow down towards a RWC squad from here. Still should beat France in two weeks time and then we have a crack at Wales.
      ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
        Better team so far imo. We look unfocussed.

My theory: now the players know Schmidt is gone, there is inevitably slippage in terms of adherence to his standards.
        I don’t buy that. Gatland going after the RWC, Jones likely to be gone, cheika, Hansen and probably a few more so it’s far from a unique scenario.

I personally think we are overly focussed on the RWC actually and it’s distracting from everything else. The same players are delivering at club level but Irish camp is clearly infected by a World Cup focus which is impacting on the matches now. Probably coming from the top in fairness.

The relief from here on is that it’ll be easier to be focussed on the next two games and then get a break from Ireland camp. The Wales game could be rough though. Nervous about that one that’s for sure.
        ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
          Not quite! It's far from Spain in terms of weather. Been a really cold winter, and when it's cold over here, it's really cold due to the wind and ridiculously high humidity.

It gets dark about 5.30pm at the moment, and even during the height of summer, it's dark about 8.15pm at the latest. Not going to lie that it's not awesome over here during the summer though!

Couple of examples of the weather:

The amount of trees, walls, poles, balconies that have been blown down is crazy. Not to mention half the country is flooded. Will be some cleanup operation over the next few days.

Yeah lol. Hundreds of fish been blasted out of the sea. Here's some of the vids!

https://www.thelolpost.com/watch-hun...zh_jV1SCohI90s
          parts of dalmatia here got battered aswell, they call it bura here, but missus was showing me photos and videos and looked crazy.

also the soccer forum on boards might just be the actual worst ive ever read, thought the game today both sides cancelled each other out, both seemed to be playing so many long balls to counter not being counter attacked, think both defended quite well and wasnt a bad game for a 0-0 draw.

but on the soccer forum eveyrone from both sides were shite apparently

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
            I don’t buy that. Gatland going after the RWC, Jones likely to be gone, cheika, Hansen and probably a few more so it’s far from a unique scenario.

I personally think we are overly focussed on the RWC actually and it’s distracting from everything else. The same players are delivering at club level but Irish camp is clearly infected by a World Cup focus which is impacting on the matches now. Probably coming from the top in fairness.

The relief from here on is that it’ll be easier to be focussed on the next two games and then get a break from Ireland camp. The Wales game could be rough though. Nervous about that one that’s for sure.
            How can we be possibly over focused on the world cup. We can win it and we should be as focused as possible on that . 6 nations should be used to blood as many as possible. I don't get any other mentality. World cup champions , how amazing to breathe that in. I'm sure we can do it.

Comment

Scenes at Wembley as Sarri tries to sub his keeper with two minutes left, and he refuses to come off.

Penalty shootout starting, Sarri nearly three hours without a cigarette as well.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                Scenes at Wembley as Sarri tries to sub his keeper with two minutes left, and he refuses to come off.

Penalty shootout starting, Sarri nearly three hours without a cigarette as well.
                How is that even possible? Thought they put your number up and that's it.
                "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

The Bard of Avon must have known GAB in a previous existence.

He doth nothing but talk of his horses
                  Although, if you can emerge victorious in the 2019 IPB Cheltenham Tipping Competition, you will surely be entitled to talk of nothing but your horses. And, let's face it, it's a better topic of conversation than most.

€650 in the pot with 16 days to go until the tapes go back.

Comment

How is that even possible? Thought they put your number up and that's it.
                    Yeah, thats pretty much been the procedure since subs were introduced in the 60s. Chelsea have broken the system.

Comment

Had to turn off that film The favourite after 5 minutes . Jeez it's total crap. Rediculous looking filming and silly jokes .

Shame with that cast
                      sigpic
                      Longshotvalue.com

Comment

RIP RAPHAEL KIMMAGE

Comment

Originally posted by aidankk View Post
                          Had to turn off that film The favourite after 5 minutes . Jeez it's total crap. Rediculous looking filming and silly jokes .

Shame with that cast
                          The IPB Cheltenham Tipping Comp will provide all the equine entertainment you could ever need.

Comment

The IPB Cheltenham Tipping Comp will provide all the equine entertainment you could ever need.
                            I'll be entering for sure .
                            sigpic
                            Longshotvalue.com

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface View Post
                              1st 3 been good
                              Great soundtrack.
                              This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                Yeah, thats pretty much been the procedure since subs were introduced in the 60s. Chelsea have broken the system.
                                Replay surely.

Comment

Apparently the young lad killed driving a car down in Carlow this morning was a son of the man jailed on Friday for animal cruelty after being caught running a puppy farm in horrible conditions
                                  Turning millions into thousands

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Comment

Alan Partridge Day. Back of the net.

Comment

Think Gary has jumped a shark with this bargain $500 doll

Here is my screen accurate Chucky Good Guy doll from Trick Or Treat Studios. Enjoy!!https://www.trickortreatstudios.com/childs-play-2-good-guys-doll.htmlAlso...
                                          Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

So just seen the list of stores presenting. 18 were picked after initial email submission. I am on second last. Should I take this as a positive?

I have now decided to stop worrying hope they all fuck up and just gonna bluff the thing while getting my message out there as V said.
                                            Her sky-ness
                                            © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                              So just seen the list of stores presenting. 18 were picked after initial email submission. I am on second last. Should I take this as a positive?

I have now decided to stop worrying hope they all fuck up and just gonna bluff the thing while getting my message out there as V said.
                                              B yourself (sober that is) and focus on the person who looks interested in your talk and you will wing it

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                Been chasing a bug since last Monday morning in some insanely fragile 20 year old code. Thought I had it beat leaving work yesterday, knew I shouldn't have looked at the test results this morning and sure enough I couldn't leave it alone all day. Finally got it fixed just now. A day 1 design flaw that never envisiged big data sets and single character mismatch checked in 10 years ago combined were lurking like that thing of Stephen King's hiding down in the sewers.
                                                I've had worse Saturday nights
                                                when you run it with no errors though....

People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

I was walking over the ha'penny bridge around 3:30 Sat night. I stopped two thirds of the way over as there was a massive pool of deep dark red blood on the other side with endless footprints going through it. The vast majority of people were ploughing through, including a deeply distraught guy a bit younger than me, he kept repeating that "he was at the bridge, he was on the bridge" and flailing his phone around, he turned his back on me and motioned towards the railings. I stepped over and put my hand on his shoulder, he looked over confused at me. I told him I'd heard what he said, and spent several minutes talking to him. He said things like I didn't know him, what he was like, that he doesn't deserve someone to care, that he friends were off somewhere else and didn't care. It was only after several minutes more I realised that in his drunkenness he was upset at being lost and had been merely describing his location as "on the bridge"

I left feeling like an awful numpty.

Comment

This Icelandic poker player missing is an awful story. Any theories out there as to what might have happened?

I always think with the amount of cameras and CCTV in everyday life that it would be nearly impossible to vanish.

Comment

Originally posted by eoghan104 View Post
                                                      This Icelandic poker player missing is an awful story. Any theories out there as to what might have happened?

I always think with the amount of cameras and CCTV in everyday life that it would be nearly impossible to vanish.
                                                      I guess the assumption I had about it shifted when I realised it was 11AM and not PM he was last seen and that his wife was there as well.
                                                      Sounds unlikely that he's just done a runner which is the nearest thing to a good outcome
                                                      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                        I was walking over the ha'penny bridge around 3:30 Sat night. I stopped two thirds of the way over as there was a massive pool of deep dark red blood on the other side with endless footprints going through it. The vast majority of people were ploughing through, including a deeply distraught guy a bit younger than me, he kept repeating that "he was at the bridge, he was on the bridge" and flailing his phone around, he turned his back on me and motioned towards the railings. I stepped over and put my hand on his shoulder, he looked over confused at me. I told him I'd heard what he said, and spent several minutes talking to him. He said things like I didn't know him, what he was like, that he doesn't deserve someone to care, that he friends were off somewhere else and didn't care. It was only after several minutes more I realised that in his drunkenness he was upset at being lost and had been merely describing his location as "on the bridge"

This that night or the night before?

Comment

Yeah, they're just reporting it as the wrong side of the bridge.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post

Last edited by DeadParrot; 25-02-19, 13:19. Reason: Note to self, read rest of thread
                                                            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                              I guess the assumption I had about it shifted when I realised it was 11AM and not PM he was last seen and that his wife was there as well.
                                                              Sounds unlikely that he's just done a runner which is the nearest thing to a good outcome
                                                              It's an odd one.
                                                              The poker wrinkle obviously suggested some scenarios but the more I think about it the more outlandish my theories.
                                                              Poor dude

Comment

When I bestride him, I soar. I am a hawk: he trots the air; the earth sings when he touches it; the basest horn of his hoof is more musical than the pipe of Hermes
                                                                I think Barry Geraghty said that after Sprinter Sacre's last Champion Chase victory. Pretty sure.

Achieve victory in the 2019 IPB Tipping Comp and you'll be waxing poetical yourself.

Comment

Young kids onto Passport number 2 so brought them into Chemist to get pics. Young lad seemed to think he was on TV so spent 10 mins doing a Riverdance and pulling faces for the poor young one trying to get a pic. In the meantime the other one pulled over a whole freestanding makeup display. Who the fuck banned corporal punishment anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                    It's an odd one.
                                                                    The poker wrinkle obviously suggested some scenarios but the more I think about it the more outlandish my theories.
                                                                    Poor dude
                                                                    One of my colleagues in work lost his bro a few years ago. He took a short cut on a night out and jumped over a wall. Unfortunately the wrong wall and the unanticipated drop the other side killed him. Took a few days to find the body. People die for stupid reasons all the time so in all your outlandish theories don’t discount that.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                      Young kids onto Passport number 2 so brought them into Chemist to get pics. Young lad seemed to think he was on TV so spent 10 mins doing a Riverdance and pulling faces for the poor young one trying to get a pic. In the meantime the other one pulled over a whole freestanding makeup display. Who the fuck banned corporal punishment anyway.
                                                                      Literally 95%+ of our family photos have one of the kids pulling a ridiculous face. You would swear they were all retarded.

Comment

Literally 95%+ of our family photos have one of the kids pulling a ridiculous face. You would swear they were all retarded.
                                                                        Kids who don't pull faces are not right. These kids if not checked can grow up to be accountants or pension advisers .

Comment

Is it still generally ok to use the r-word here?

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                                                            Republican? No.

Comment

You have to use the euphemism, socially liberal but fiscally conservative

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                                You have to use the euphemism, socially liberal but fiscally conservative
                                                                                'Euphemasia'

Vegans are all the same really. You, Hitler.

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                    A bit late, but just for the benefit of anyone else.

Youn't need official photos anymore if renewing online. Just a photo with your phone. (source: just got the 3yos passport renewed). The online system is excellent. Plus no need to pay for Passport Express (which takes longer than renewing online!). Got the passport card too at the same time as they're now issuing them for kids. Really handy for travelling compared to lugging around four large paper passports.
                                                                                    Following instructions. I'll shall let her know this in no uncertain terms. Haven't posted off yet obv.

Comment

Delete your own replies with quotes if you wish to give effect to my deleting my post.

Comment

Upstairs in McDonlald's O'Connell St. last Thursday night after a few drinks. This young inner city chap with his young daughter comes up to me. He was acting like the under sufferance father with his best game face on, with his daughter about 5yo, He came up to me ''yer not using that coffee token by any chance are ye no?''. Motioning hes been put up to it by his daughter 'ye know how it is pal'(no I dont know how it is).

Soon as I said eh yeah ok fine not that I even really knew I was in possession of a token the daughter was in like a flash peeling it off the side of cup with the speed of a Formula1 pit crew. And on they casually went around the floor scanning for anyone who had hot drinks. Few warm coffees for himself the next day I reckon.
                                                                                        Quite Dickensian I thought.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                                          Delete your own replies with quotes if you wish to give effect to my deleting my post.
                                                                                          Cheers m8. I'd say theres a strong possibility they're reading here.

Carlinrose you need to delete your post also as it quotes the other one

Comment

A horse walks into a bar.
                                                                                            He walks up to the bartender and says "Give me a beer."
                                                                                            The bartender is stunned, so he heads to the back of the bar to speak with the owner.
                                                                                            "Hey boss" he says, "there's a horse in the bar asking for a beer."
                                                                                            The bar owner pauses for a second, then replies "Well then give him one, but charge him double. Horses don't know the price of beer."
                                                                                            So the bartender heads back out front and hands the horse a beer.
                                                                                            "You know," says the barkeep, "we don't get many horses around here."
                                                                                            To which the horse replies, "At these prices I'm not surprised."

Sign up for the 2019 IPB Cheltenham Tipping Comp today or there'll be more of this kind of thing.

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                                                                              It's in weird limbo imo. Americans have put it on a no-go list. But until 2012, it was the official medical definition. I think that approach misses the point tbh. The issue isn't and was never the word used. It's the way in which it's used, and more important how people are treated.
                                                                                              Retardation was originally very much scientific language. It was through it's medical use that it entered the common lexicon and became derogatory. This happen repeatedly in the past. Imbecile, Idiot, Cretin, Lunatic, Retard, Mental, Handicap. These all have medical origins, but most would be considered complete insults today.
                                                                                              So we've move on to the next PC term. Which will probably morph to an insult over time. Rinse and repeat.
                                                                                              We need just treat people better and not blame words for our failings..
                                                                                              Last edited by Mellor; 26-02-19, 10:09.

Comment

Anyone stayed at either the Iveagh Garden Hotel or teh Cliff townhouse hotel around Stephens Green?
                                                                                                Or anyone have any recommendations for a hotel in Dub around that area? Obv Shelbourne is the nuts but I am not shelling out 500 dollaroos for one night.
                                                                                                This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                                                All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                                The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

...

Comment

In a hotel in Galway. Got a nice early night after a bucket load of drink. Just woke for loo. Tripped over chair. Landed on table. Had pee eventually after finding loo, now wide awake
                                                                                                    Her sky-ness
                                                                                                    © 5starpool

Comment

lol Musk

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                                                                                        Anyone stayed at either the Iveagh Garden Hotel or teh Cliff townhouse hotel around Stephens Green?
                                                                                                        Or anyone have any recommendations for a hotel in Dub around that area? Obv Shelbourne is the nuts but I am not shelling out 500 dollaroos for one night.
                                                                                                        I used always put people up in Camden Court. Reasonable rates, carpark, pool and fitness & good location yet quiet. Mind you its been 10 years so cant vouch for prices these days but worth a look.

Edit - just realised you are probably looking for something a bit more upmarket.
                                                                                                        Last edited by Dice75; 26-02-19, 09:15.

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                                                                                          In a hotel in Galway. Got a nice early night after a bucket load of drink. Just woke for loo. Tripped over chair. Landed on table. Had pee eventually after finding loo, now wide awake
                                                                                                          Is your speech thing on today? Best of luck, let us know how you get on.

Comment

Worth trying the Merrion. They sometimes have good deals on, and it's definitely the nicest in the area.

Comment

Its not quite as nice as those you mentioned but I thought the Dawson Hotel was excellent value given its location. We paid circa 130e for a Thursday night for my graduation so hotels in the area were a tad more expensive than a regular Thursday and the room was perfectly fine.

Comment

Originally posted by brady23 View Post
                                                                                                                Its not quite as nice as those you mentioned but I thought the Dawson Hotel was excellent value given its location. We paid circa 130e for a Thursday night for my graduation so hotels in the area were a tad more expensive than a regular Thursday and the room was perfectly fine.
                                                                                                                I might be able to get u a decent rate on the Dawson if it’s your preferred choice

Comment

If Cliff townhouse hotel is as good as their restaurant you're onto a winner for sure
                                                                                                                  airport, lol

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                                                      Two very smart folks! Says it all about Irish uni system that Leeds gets them and not the likes of TCD. The secret being that Leeds offers way more potential to grow, even if salary is 50% less. But for people like that growth potential is way more important than cash at this point in their lives.
                                                                                                                      She gave us 2 tutorials where she was equally as non-commital as Brian about telling us WTF formulas to use for his open book exam, quite funny retrospectively but frustrating at the time.

That said, her MSc dissertation was the ultimate crutch last year, it's published on the business school site and I basically took the approach of "That's what a good 1st looks like, so try and do that".

Comment

Friends have recommended the Westbury over the Shelbourne. I'd check out the Conrad too.

Comment

he UK government is due to hold emergency talks with industry leaders today after discovering that the country doesn't have the right pallets to continue exporting goods to the European Union if it crashes out without a deal next month.

Pallets are wooden or plastic structures which companies use to transport large volumes of goods. Under strict European Union rules, pallets arriving from non-member countries must be heat-treated or cleaned to prevent contamination, and marked to confirm they meet a series of EU rules.

Most pallets currently used by British exporters do not conform to these rules meaning that British export business could potentially grind to a halt next month in the event of a no-deal Brexit.

Even the tiniest fucking thing. Its almost as though Brexit might not be the easiest thing ever

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X