Showing one card?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Showing one card?

Ok I cant remember the exact hand replay but I was up in the club who shall not be named & a m8 was involved in this situation,

Dont know the pre-flop action or even the exact number of how many saw the flop but think it was 3+, anyway

Flop comes & seat 10 bets out, my m8 in seat 1 call & someone (or more than one I dont know) all fold

Thinking that the bet got through & made everyone fold seat 10 shows one card (Showed an ace & the flop was Ace high)
    After seat one see's this he informs the dealer he is still in the hand & looks for a ruling

My understanding if the hand was exposed early (both cards though?) seat 10 could only now call bets to the river but cant bet out?

But as only one card was shown what happens here?

Ruling:
    SPOILER
    The hand was live & had full betting options & proceeded to ship the turn

Cash or tourney?
    Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

Originally posted by sligboi View Post
      Cash or tourney?
      Sorry, tournament.

Comment

I think in situations like this the club should be named.

I always thought that the rule for checking call when cards have been exposed was if it was a genuine mistake.

AFAIK over here you can't turn over your cards to try and get information from it, seeing as the guy turned it over (deliberately or not) deliberately you could make a case for killing his hand but I would just go for a warning/penalty for not doing it again, if it was a mistake he should only be allowed to check call.

Edit: just read the spoiler pretty stupid to me.

Also read it a little wrong so have changed a bit of it.
        Last edited by tylerdurden94; 21-07-11, 12:35.
        "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
          I think in situations like this the club should be named.

I always thought that the rule for checking call when cards have been exposed was if it was a genuine mistake.

AFAIK over here you can't turn over your cards to try and get information from it, seeing as the guy deliberately turned it over you could make a case for killing his hand but I would just go for a warning/penalty for not doing it again.

Also I don't get why he would show an Ace when the board is Ace high kinda retarded to me, the person will nearly always fold unless they have a monster

Edit: just read the spoiler pretty stupid to me.
          Yeah I'd be very close to 100% it wasn't for a read but a mistake thinking everyone had folded to the bet as its sometimes hard to see seat 1 from the 10 seat

I'll pm the club but there banned here hence why I didnt post it

(Oh & no penalty imposed after the hand either iirc)

Comment

Originally posted by Donkathon View Post
            Yeah I'd be very close to 100% it wasn't for a read but a mistake thinking everyone had folded to the bet as its sometimes hard to see seat 1 from the 10 seat

I'll pm the club but there banned here hence why I didnt post it

(Oh & no penalty imposed after the hand either iirc)
            I had read that a OP a little wrong so have changed a little bit, as for the club being banned once it isn't to promote or be overtly harsh towards them etc you can still use their names in hushed tones around here
            "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

rulings guys?

Comment

don't think you can ever make a case for killing the hand.

Seat 10 should only be able to check/call.
                Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

from what i understand is that u cant ever kill the hand but all this players options have to be taken away he can just call would be the way i rule it

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                    don't think you can ever make a case for killing the hand.

Seat 10 should only be able to check/call.
                    Yeah thats whay I thought it should have been myself, I'd never kill it here I think but wasn't sure about the check/ call rule as just one card was shown instead of both

Comment

Yeah as the lads said just limit the guy to check-calling.

Comment

On principle, I think if a player exposes a card in a heads up pot like this situation, the hand should be played as normal. You get shown a card so you receive extra information, can't see how you can complain about that (whether the guy exposes a card purposefully or accidentally).

However, given the rules that are currently in place in most clubs, the player should only be allowed check/call the rest of the hand.

Comment

Working...
                        X