Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
    That's exactly what it is
    That's no good to the people getting attacked though is it?

Even London became a worse place as soon as brexit was voted for (fuck knows what Midlands towns were like)

More aggressive, more abuse... fuck I got more dodgy cunt Irish jokes in the 6 months after it than in the years before!!!

He's not in the position to be at that shit, he is supposed to be a fucking grown up & the fact cunts like that are even in his crowd shows how bad it is!

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Comment

That's exactly what it is
          Attempts by the collaborators to minimise the complicity of the President of the United States of America in this particular mass shooting are unacceptable.
          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
              An hour and a half now waiting for a haircut. Seems all the hairdressers in Rennes, except one, have gone on holidays for August.
              Sure the whole country just goes to the beach for the entire month of August!

Comment

Comment

Don't think so. That seems to be for bottom of the bed. This is to cover roof of the bed.
                  Voile

Comment

...Some car crash of a stock market today...China devaluing currency cost me dearly ...

Comment

Comment

Comment

Anyone watching Manifest on sky. Fucking excellent. 5 hours sleep last night up in morn at 7.30 and just can't turn it off. Fit to drop with tiredness.
                          Her sky-ness
                          © 5starpool

Comment

Someone seems to have caught the mood of the nation at this difficult time.

What's the point of getting them together if you don't eat them concurrently? Not exactly alternating bites, but when I take the last bite of the burger I usually only have a few chips left.

Comment

Originally posted by 6starpool View Post
                              What's the point of getting them together if you don't eat them concurrently? Not exactly alternating bites, but when I take the last bite of the burger I usually only have a few chips left.
                              Case in point. Weirdo. Besides the last bite having to be the burger, you eat the filler first, the chips, then you savor the burger...down to the last bite.
                              This too shall pass.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                  Case in point. Weirdo. Besides the last bite having to be the burger, you eat the filler first, the chips, then you savor the burger...down to the last bite.
                                  What do you mean by filler? Also, you're wrong on multiple fronts there. It's called burger and chips, not chips then burger.

Comment

Anyone who eats and finishes one element on their plate first then moves onto the next and so on is a freak. Possibly mentally ill. Ive come across a good few people like this and they all have problems, another thing in common is they're arseholes.

Comment

Comment

Straight after getting in from a 14 hour journey back from a fantastic Cambridge folk festival facing a busy day tomorrow the right and proper thing to do was to sure and watch the whole four hours of Once Upon a time in America

Cambridge is an amazing festival will do a trip report later in the week but the tldr for those who would be into that kind of music it's something you just have to try.

Comment

Why get burger and chips when you could just get two burgers

Comment

While we are on the subject, I was always a salt then vinegar man but was converted by a friend to vinegar then salt. #mindblown

Comment

think how you eat depends on the situation.

1. After a run /game of footie/Cycle etc - Hand into Fridge and devour mix and mash edibles under the spotlight of the fridge light as you flick items toward the cooker that can’t be eaten raw .

2. When the kids have gone to bed - scrape unwanted kids food onto one plate and scorch in Microwave and then devour (waste not – want not). Not porridge though – I’m not an animal.

3. After a feed beer - Lie on the floor, take your shirt off ala The Hoff and eat in slow motion, remembering to lick all appendages to ensure no food is wasted. Then sleep on the floor

That film Sp was watching has caused me more sleep hangovers than any other movie ever. Noodles lost my empathy when he raped yer wan though . Didn't need that noodles .

Comment

Always took it thats why he suffered in exile, to punish himself for that act. Love that film, the looming bridge towers in the background when they are Kids, contrasted with the lights and Modernity when Older Noodles is trying to Hail a Taxi with them behind them. Deborahs theme is magical too, a lovely yearning and bittersweet poignancy for what could have been whenever I hear it.
                                                Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                                                https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

Yeah, this is so obvious. Your last bite needs to be of the best thing on the plate. If I remember correctly 6star was also in favour of double-decker buses, so confirmed weirdo.
                                                  Last bite should be the best thing on the plate. But only a weirdo would eat all his chips. Then his burger.
                                                  You go chip-burger-chip-burger-chip-burger. Or some suitably similar alternate.

Next you’ll say you polish off the drink before you eat anything

Comment

Originally posted by mocata View Post
                                                    Always took it thats why he suffered in exile, to punish himself for that act. Love that film, the looming bridge towers in the background when they are Kids, contrasted with the lights and Modernity when Older Noodles is trying to Hail a Taxi with them behind them. Deborahs theme is magical too, a lovely yearning and bittersweet poignancy for what could have been whenever I hear it.
                                                    He got a taste for rape when robbing the diamonds though. Was gonna go to bed early but that movie can't be put down. Poignancy runs through it all right .

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                      Last bite should be the best thing on the plate. But only a weirdo would eat all his chips. Then his burger.
                                                      You go chip-burger-chip-burger-chip-burger. Or some suitably similar alternate.

Next you’ll say you polish off the drink before you eat anything
                                                      Is this the same with McDonald's? I eat the fries as I'm driving then the burger when on a dualer or straight stretch . Then polish off the fallen fries from the floor when the journey is over . Still alive .

Comment

Sign up for the Fantasy Football for the season. Only a few days left

Comment

Someone seems to have caught the mood of the nation at this difficult time.

I feel like this should be obvious but eating the burger first is the best line to take.

1) capture burger at optimal temp
                                                          2) dont fill up on chips
                                                          3) excess condiments from burger will act as handy chip sauce.
                                                          4)Stacking fries underneath top bun can add extra crunchy mouthfeel to burger
                                                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Hard Knocks back on HBO tonight, NFL is nearly upon us

Comment

Originally posted by mocata View Post
                                                              I always thought he went into exile because
                                                              SPOILER
                                                              his phone call to the police got his three best mates killed. Although as we find out later it was going to happen regardless, and one of them wasn't shot. I never got the idea it was because of the rape.
                                                              I'm a terrible analyser of films though.

Comment

Yeah, this is so obvious. Your last bite needs to be of the best thing on the plate. If I remember correctly 6star was also in favour of double-decker buses, so confirmed weirdo.
                                                                Would rather eat the tastiest thing when I'm hungriest and my taste buds are most active, then fill up with the rest. You hardly have a roast and let the beef sit there til last going cold?
                                                                Last edited by Denny Crane; 06-08-19, 11:13.

Comment

You need to eat the burger and chips together, not all of one and then the other.

Obviously you finish with a bite of the burger.

Anything else is just madness.

Comment

You can't beat a pre breakfast swim, especially when you have the place to yourself

SPOILER

SPOILER

SPOILER

SPOILER

Comment

I fluctuate between all chips then burger. Or eating concurrently. Burger first then chips never occurs.

The real weirdos are the people who like mash potato and beans mixed together. They are the ones you need to watch. Perverts.
                                                                      This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                      All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                      The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                                          What happens if you fill yourself before getting to the good bit?

Would you not hit the taste buds with the good stuff early?

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                                                            I fluctuate between all chips then burger. Or eating concurrently. Burger first then chips never occurs.

The real weirdos are the people who like mash potato and beans mixed together. They are the ones you need to watch. Perverts.
                                                                            When I lived in Dublin I shared a flat with one of the best chefs in Ireland (not a name), one day he was wrecked after busy week he decides to have beens, mash and something else...

Cooks lot, mashes the spud then dumps everything into pot he mashed potatoes in and mixes it

I gave it a bit of the WTF like

"It's what it looks like in your mouth" and off he walked

Comment

Ooh and lads/lasses, when eating out, the flavours of the food have been balanced, mash low on salt because pork is salty etc

If you don't mix the flavours, your wasting money by being there

Leading from that, how you cook for yourself should follow!!!

Or not...

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                                                                  When I lived in Dublin I shared a flat with one of the best chefs in Ireland (not a name), one day he was wrecked after busy week he decides to have beens, mash and something else...

Cooks lot, mashes the spud then dumps everything into pot he mashed potatoes in and mixes it

I gave it a bit of the WTF like

"It's what it looks like in your mouth" and off he walked
                                                                                  I bet he ate it out of the pan too.

"I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                                                                    That is literally my favourite food ever. Though it annoys me that some people still make mashed potato without using a potato ricer.
                                                                                    Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Dubs v Mayo. Anyone access to tickets ?

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                                                                                        Dubs v Mayo. Anyone access to tickets ?
                                                                                        I got tickets to last year's semi final on Ticketmaster the week of the game. Stadium was nowhere near full. Don't even like GAA. Just went for a day out with my son. Dublin fans don't care about All Ireland semi finals anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                                                                          That is literally my favourite food ever. Though it annoys me that some people still make mashed potato without using a potato ricer.
                                                                                          And there you have it folks.

This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                                          All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                          The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by KK82 View Post
                                                                                            I got tickets to last year's semi final on Ticketmaster the week of the game. Stadium was nowhere near full. Don't even like GAA. Just went for a day out with my son. Dublin fans don't care about All Ireland semi finals anymore.
                                                                                            This will be a sell out, Mayo v Dublin is a far bigger game than Dublin v Galway

Comment

WTf is a potato ricer
                                                                                              "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

WTf is a potato ricer
                                                                                                Like a bigger garlic mincer thing
                                                                                                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

WTf is a potato ricer
                                                                                                  It's for people that want mashed potato with notions

Comment

All this burger talk reminds me of the awesome burgerising devices in French boucheries. Hitch should be familiar with same.

Throw in lump of raw meat.
                                                                                                    Out pops burgerised round of meat.
                                                                                                    Voila!

Ate one of those this evening and rather good it was too.
                                                                                                    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by TheJiggaman View Post
                                                                                                      Anyone got a good contact for a Web Designer?

Usually enjoy doing Wordpress etc, but I have a bigger project a want done and would rather a professional job on it.

Cheers
                                                                                                      Dave Lappin's Missus is great with websites. Look up Tigerfruit or contact Saron Harford or Dave.

WTf is a potato ricer
                                                                                                      They use them in hotels to make the potato mash. You toss the potato and butter into the top and turn the handle and it comes out all sort of grated. Then you throw into a large mixer and it becomes creamy yummy mash!

Comment

@Hitch

Tab top voiles would be the way to go with a bed like that. If it's for the daughter, it will be like a princess four poster canopy bed.

Comment

...

Comment

At a stag one time,half of the party got lost out of Judge Roy Beans as it was just before mobile phones. What was left of the rabble wandered into burger king later on. One of the party orders a whopper meal and the brother who worked with the guy taps me and says watch this guy eat.
                                                                                                            He took 2+ bites on each of the fries and didn't touch the burger before all the fries were eaten. Gets worse when he takes his first bite of the burger and brings it back with disgust to exchange because it was cold. A special type of freak. Was on tilt after watching that.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                                              All this burger talk reminds me of the awesome burgerising devices in French boucheries. Hitch should be familiar with same.

Throw in lump of raw meat.

Out pops burgerised round of meat.

Voila!

Ate one of those this evening and rather good it was too.
                                                                                                              I bought one of these a few years back (plus a smaller set of three for sliders)

One of the best purchases I've ever made. Perfectly shaped burgers every time.

SPOILER

Comment

I got an Uuni pizza oven. 210 quid in Homebase and it can do this...Highly recommend.

Comment

That's amazing, is it this one?

Decorate your home and garden with the Homebase home furniture, decorations and paints complete with tools and advice. Delivery and Click & Collect.

Comment

Had a Seitan & Mushroom burger last weekend. It was decent.

Still, beef.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                                                                      Yessir.

Comment

^ I've one of those, has a dimple in the middle too for optimal shaping. Worth getting. (edit, thread's moved on, I meant the burger thing)

I was ATN at the weekend and there was a light installation on a tree that looked just like small circles straight on, but if you looked at the lights and turned your head you could read a message. Never seen anything like it. Anyone come across it before? Would be interested in reading about how it works.

Comment

If you don't mix mustard in to mash, especially with roast beef, your life has a mustard mash shaped hole in it.

Coriander works really well too.
                                                                                                                          I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X