Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
    Yeah the novelty of hospital food is well gone at this stage. Scheduled to be operated on on Tuesday morning. And my 3 sisters that live in Dublin around regularly.
    Great way to loose a few stone !

Take advantage of the rest period, and when the op is over the same.

I am sure they have explained the op and where they will look for the grafts, more than likely the leg, they will also use an artery in the chest and tap it in.

You will be in intensive care for around a week, the most important things are sitting up/walking and having that first dump, crazy simple but laying down too long is not good for the body, doesnt do the lungs any good.

The chest wound heals pretty fast, need to be careful with lifting for a few months, nothing too heavy till the sternum knits back.

If they do take the grafts from your leg that will be the sorest for a while and will swell up on flights for years to come !

Go into this with the mindset you will come out stronger.

They are fixing you. Positive mental attitude will define your recovery.

See this as an adventure of sorts, sounds strange but enjoy the ride.

The "cough pillow" will be your friend !

Best of luck and enjoy the pain meds, difene suppositories....OMG...so good !

Any questions give me a shout.
    This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
      Lidl have my favourite wine, Vino Nobile de Montepulciano at €14.99, less than half I've ever seen it anywhere.

Have it lined up with some blue, brie, crusty bread and prosciutto, shall report.
      Yer grand.

Comment

Originally posted by CHDog View Post
        Yer grand.
        Do you not want to hear about my pate?
        I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Do you not want to hear about my pate?
          Ah go on then m8. Since you're a m8. Cunt of a m8 all the same.

Comment

@ Ole

You are scaring me! I really hope it is only stents I need now lol.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
              @ Ole

You are scaring me! I really hope it is only stents I need now lol.
              Stop, after the 2 weeks off i had...may need a new heart !

Will need to consult satnav on the sw plans.
              Last edited by oleras; 25-02-18, 21:08.
              This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by CHDog View Post
                Ah go on then m8. Since you're a m8. Cunt of a m8 all the same.
                Have it all laid out, looks bleedin amazing. Can't touch it yet though, the missus is up trying to settle the bairn. Bairn's actin the bollix. Starvin.

I'll report back in a while.

Comment

Thur /fri looks like it’ll really live up to the snow hype,ffs off anyway those days

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                    Thur /fri looks like it’ll really live up to the snow hype,ffs off anyway those days
                    Are you not on the Atlantic coast.

Comment

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post
                      Are you not on the Atlantic coast.
                      Yeah but we might get some too ,2010 was pretty bad up here thought it was gonna be pretty widespread this time too

Comment

Can't get my head around people who dread snow.

Snow is fucking great.

Comment

Snow is fucking great.
                          I can walk to work so won't get the day off while everyone else is "working from home" I will get to do extra work. Fuck the snow.

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
                            I can walk to work so won't get the day off while everyone else is "working from home" I will get to do extra work. Fuck the snow.
                            Enjoyable walk though.

Comment

One for occasional grammar nerds: Commies vanquish capitalists in catastrophic comma caper.
                              Last edited by BennyHiFi; 25-02-18, 23:25.

Comment

Hoping to see a picture of Lazares evening snacks.

Comment

Snow is fucking great.

Lads on boards prepping like they are heading off with shackleton

Comment

hmmmm, not convinced this will be much fun.

A wind chill will mean that during the day it will feel like -10C to -15C
                                    Getting over to the Cheltenham tipping comp thread and signing your frozen ass though....that'll warm your cockles. And mussels.
                                    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                      Lads on boards prepping like they are heading off with shackleton
                                      No doubt Sir Ernest would appreciate the irony if this was to be cancelled due to raging blizzards.. I'm meant to be going next Sat.

Comment

Originally posted by Jibzzzz View Post
                                        Hoping to see a picture of Lazares evening snacks.
                                        Have never gotten my head around how to post pics from the phone.

T'was pretty great though.

Comment

Snow is fucking great.
                                          Don't think it is the snow they dread, more the increased risk of getting sick or having accidents that snow brings. Nurses cant be mad about it anyway..
                                          No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

You can get sick from snow?

Comment

Hate to be an Eskimo.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                    Cheers! Will add to the Google Keep list. This data science course (its 20 courses on DataCamp, nearly finished now thankfully) seems to have swallowed every available minute at the moment.

Did you get your deposit back in the end? Doing okay with the dissertation plan?
                                                    Yeah deposit back no issues at all, I just sent the details as a reminder.

Dissertation plan is submitted and they'll be letting me know soon. Starting the Trading Psychology class in the morning, it's probably the one I'm looking forward to the most. 3 days 9-6 attached to the exchange, it should be pretty cool. 30% participation and 70% for 1000 word reflective essay so it should be fun.
                                                    Last edited by Guest; 26-02-18, 01:11.

Comment

Jasas the cup final was some craic, christ Wenger is up there with Bertie & Stalin for me

Havent quoted this in a while

From 2012

Arsene Wenger; his story!

1. Someone else's defence
                                                      2. Being French & therefore knowing that France was about to have a bit of a golden age
                                                      3. Signing some great French players at a time when yer average managers general view of French football was "lol French football"
                                                      4. Someone else's defence got old
                                                      5. Golden generation of French players got old
                                                      6. Other managers stopped saying "lol French football"
                                                      7. Andrey Arshavin

Comment

This, I think, is glorious proof that humanity is alive and well on a Monday morning.

I think I see Mellor there too.

Comment

Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

I think Mellor might actually have won the damn thing.

His victory speech is Churchillian oratory:

But it is someone closer to home who takes the grand prize. Shane “Shagger” Hanrahan of Denman, who has been growing his mullet since 1986, is awarded best mullet by crowd ovation, and delivers a Churchillian address after sculling Jim Beam from his trophy.

“I dunno what to say, I’m fuckin’ pissed,” he tells the crowd. “Rock on! Fuck you! Fuck youse all!”

Comment

Comment

10cm of snow on the ground and a wind chill factor of freezing yer bollix off in Rome.
                                                                Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Well there's the image of Al Gore's sweat-framed penis-bulge that now needs to be mind-bleached. cheers for that psv.
                                                                  missed it the first time.....scrolled back up.

People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                  Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                  https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Seems to be partial downgrades to the snowmaggedon according to the boards people. Looks like it's still going to be significant and disruptive but may not last beyond 36 hours and nowhere near the 'once in a lifetime event' scenarios previously mentioned.

Comment

Comment

Didn't feel nearly that cold yet, then again there was no wind where I was walking.

Comment

Starting your new regime of benign menace today Raoul?
                                                                          No, still got two weeks left on the old job's notice period. A good time to schedule lunches, dentists, haircuts, driving licence renewals....

I start the new job after Cheltenham.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                            Didn't feel nearly that cold yet, then again there was no wind where I was walking.
                                                                            Thought it was grand this morning too, then turned onto East Wall Road and was hit by a brutal icy wind coming off the sea.
                                                                            "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

A reminder that an entry to the IPB Cheltenham Tipping Competition is the ideal Mothers Day gift.

€950 in the pot already and hopeful of cracking last year's record total of €2,250.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                I think Mellor might actually have won the damn thing.

His victory speech is Churchillian oratory:
                                                                                Nah, not me.
                                                                                I was 2nd

Comment

Day off, where do i eat lunch in town, cheap and cheerful, was going to go to 147 deli but been there too much
                                                                                  airport, lol

Comment

What kind of cuisine? Pho viet? Umi have 4 meal deals until 5.

Comment

What kind of cuisine? Pho viet? Umi have 4 meal deals until 5.
                                                                                      I'm not picky. Pho Viet on the shortlist for sure. Umi is good but ash Wednesday was last week
                                                                                      airport, lol

Comment

I forgot I have Health screening at 2.30 ,remembered this morning on my way to grab an omelette this morning.
                                                                                        Haven't eaten since about 4pm yesterday.
                                                                                        Gonna fucking mill something afterwards.
                                                                                        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Sky Sports Mix should be renamed "The Ocho"

World championship DRL drone racing

Comment

I’m in Austria at the minute and its -19, “feels like” -23, but it’s actually grand. It’s dry, so just feels very crisp. Ski jacket and a single thermal is loads. Yesterday was about 8 degrees warmer but no noticeable difference.

Comment

Some of the pictures of Rome covered in snow are spectacular.

Opr
                                                                                              Last edited by Opr; 26-02-18, 12:36.

Comment

linked in recruiter spiel is amazing.
                                                                                                Cold text from someone
                                                                                                Hey <name>
                                                                                                How has your 2018 been so fa? It's starting to brighten up in the evenings eh? Can't wait for the summer!!

Hey listen buddy, job spec

eh cheers m8

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                                                                                  Some of the pictures of Rome covered in snow are spectacular.

Opr
                                                                                                  Was out jogging there probably an hour after that was taken.
                                                                                                  Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                    Was out jogging there probably an hour after that was taken.
                                                                                                    Anyone ask you for a sigaretta?

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                                                      Kicked off with Yasuni Man on Thursday, a documentary about tribes in an Ecuadorian reserve (who go around completely naked living like thousands of years ago), and the effects of oil and logging. Was good.

Made the mistake of acquiescing to go to The White Girl yesterday - a Hong Hong film that I mercifully spent about 40% of with my eyes closed resting. Some piece of crap.

Will be going to #4 of the Shorts at least.

Was thinking about you recently as I have become interested in documentaries. Went to Makala a couple of weeks ago which was a fascinating Congolese documentary.

Was musing over doing Documentary film making course in Filmbase.

How did you get going? Good memories of the shop sign holders one.
                                                                                                      Yeah, some of the Hong Kong cinema section looked a bit dodge to me so I gave it a wide berth

I did the documentary film making course in Filmbase in 2011. It was on one night a week and every Saturday for a few months. It wasn't cheap back then, think it was nearly €1500?

Overall, the course was good but it really is only an introduction course. I'm not saying that you have to do another course after it but you do need to get out and get involved in making something as it's the only real way you will learn.

The best part about it was getting to actually make a documentary as part of the course - Everybody has to pitch an idea and two are picked. The group is broken up into two teams and you go off and make it. I produced one of the ideas that was picked and just stuck to that side of it since then. I'd probably struggle with a camera or sound now as I haven't touched it in years.

Really need to get moving on a new idea actually as it's been a while since I did something.

So far in the festival, I've seen the following, all of which have delivered

In the Fade - Really good tense, edgy courtroom / revenge film
                                                                                                      The Lonely Battle of Thomas Reid - One man v's Intel - A little slow moving in parts but it kind of had to be to set the pace of his life
                                                                                                      ADIFF Shorts 1 - Selection of shorts from Ireland and around the world 'For When I Die' stole the show for me
                                                                                                      ADIFF Shorts 2 - Same as above - 'Time Traveller' just pipped all the rest for me
                                                                                                      The Cured - Zombie flick set in Dublin - Was very pleasantly surprised at how good it was

Comment

In other news, is it just me or when you are getting a massage and they are working on your arm / hand and they hold your hand, does anybody have the urge to hold their hand back

I set myself a goal this year to get one massage a month and so far, I am 2/2. Just something weird, that when the masseuse takes your hand in theirs, there is a weird urge to hold. Obviously, I don't as that would just be totally weird but there just seems to be a natural reaction to hold somebody's hand when they put your hand in theirs or maybe it's just me??

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                                                          I'm not picky. Pho Viet on the shortlist for sure. Umi is good but ash Wednesday was last week
                                                                                                          Brother Hubbard on Capel St or Yumo (excellent ramen) on Aungier St are good too.

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                                                                                                            In other news, is it just me or when you are getting a massage and they are working on your arm / hand and they hold your hand, does anybody have the urge to hold their hand back

I set myself a goal this year to get one massage a month and so far, I am 2/2. Just something weird, that when the masseuse takes your hand in theirs, there is a weird urge to hold. Obviously, I don't as that would just be totally weird but there just seems to be a natural reaction to hold somebody's hand when they put your hand in theirs or maybe it's just me??
                                                                                                            I got an AMATSU massage once and you basically get battered, there is no time for handholding in this. When it was over I jumped to my feet and walked like Conor McGregor back to my car.

I’ve often wondered did Mcgregor spot me that day and used the walk. I’d recommend it though it really invigorates you

Comment

I've never had a massage in my life, and hadn't considered ever having one.

Comment

Get one about once a month but only my neck and back. Imagine it's a very common reaction to hold their hand when they grab yours as the only time anyone's hand usually comes into contact with yours is to shake/hold it

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                                                  I've never had a massage in my life, and hadn't considered ever having one.
                                                                                                                  You're missing out, it really is great.

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                                                                                                                    You're missing out, it really is great.
                                                                                                                    He's had one all right.

Comment

Brother Hubbard on Capel St or Yumo (excellent ramen) on Aungier St are good too.
                                                                                                                      Went with Pho Viet and wasn't let down. Then remembered there as a place , Oxmantown , I meant to try that's only open Monday-Friday so don't usually get the chance.

Have been to brother Hubbard a couple of times but will definitely stick Yumo on the list, haven't heard or that.

Apparently the ramen place near Jervis is quite good too. Takara or something it's called
                                                                                                                      airport, lol

Comment

Too cold to snow.
                                                                                                                        "Gibney might be the greatest hero of our time." (Keane, 2012; Hitchhiker, 2017)

"Frank Gibney, he's my favourite ." (careca, 2012)
                                                                                                                        "Frank Gibney, he's my favourite." (mikeb, 2017)

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                                                                          Went with Pho Viet and wasn't let down. Then remembered there as a place , Oxmantown , I meant to try that's only open Monday-Friday so don't usually get the chance.

Have been to brother Hubbard a couple of times but will definitely stick Yumo on the list, haven't heard or that.

Apparently the ramen place near Jervis is quite good too. Takara or something it's called
                                                                                                                          Was in Takara recently as I have my finger on the pulse (Ramen + 2 pieces of sushi is €8.50.), grand but Yumo was much better, plus you can choose to build your own bowl there like Counter.

Beast from the East has claimed it's first victim, was going to Brother Hubbard ticketed event tomorrow for a 5 course tasting menu using Irish ingredients (150+ people going) but they've rescheduled due to weather fears. Was hyped.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X