Two similar scoop low hands

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two similar scoop low hands

hand 1 ($11 $100k guarented)- early days,(2nd level) playing starting stacks, ak late position. e/p min raise 60,i 3 bet to 160 bb calls,raiser calls. flop k107 check/check i bet240 ,bb folds, e/p raises 500, i 3bet 1100,e/p shoves..............hero??

hand 2- ($27 super k/o $300k guarented) - same as above 2nd/3rd level pretty much identical to above with me left facing a 4 bet all-in on a k82 rainbow flop?

dont have tracking software but as mentioned its early days & none of villians have been overly outta line.
    i suppose the real question im asking is with large starting stack(5k) and loads of plays should we be getting it all in this early wit 1 pair??

I'd fold hand 1 as played. No real need to put yourself in this situation this early. My standard would be to call the 500 and re evaluate on the turn.

Hand 2 is a lot different because the board is so dry and the idiot factor is pretty high in these I'd be tempted.

Comment

I'd never be 3 betting tptk in these situations. Just call or fold to their raise. Almost always calling.

Comment

^^^^ this and I wolud 3bet 3x pre in the early stages.

Comment

As played, hate the 4bet on flop IP, were folding out hands were crushing, I'd defo just call the 3 bet and evaluate on the turn.
          2nd hand, with it been KO and ya see people stack of so light for a bounty, with that dry a flop, ya'd have to cut of me flute to make me fold there (sorry for language) would prob play it just call flop and 3bet shove any river tbh,
          Reason been with that dry a flop is he really 5bet shoving a set when your obv betting turn and he can then shove and your committed
          Just my 2c
          Last edited by 4ofakind1489; 15-05-14, 13:58.
          take sweets from strangers, lose everything!

Comment

yeah,its my 3 bet that puts me in this position so leson learned. funny i feel if the hands had been in the other order i'd find the fold on the 2nd hand........maybe!
            either way ran into bottom set both times.

Comment

Working...
            X