No announcement yet.

Ryder Cup Discussion thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Next hour or so is massive in terms of how competitive the rest of the event will be.

Comment

Fair play to the Molinari's, good comeback here.

Comment

FFS

Comment

Molineris slow rolling us all.

Ed is up there in my fav golfer list 2010 along with Bubba Gilmore

Comment

Have to run out of the apartment at 3pm to deliver something for ten minutes. Are you f*cking kidding me?

Timing is worst ever.

Comment

Originally posted by The C Kid View Post
              Have to run out of the apartment at 3pm to deliver something for ten minutes. Are you f*cking kidding me?

Timing is worst ever.
              LOL don't drive like POD on the way now.

Comment

BOOOM, good putt Zach.

Team invincible won't be winning.

Comment

Jesus, Westwood give me a break!

He is so clutch in these.

Comment

BOOOM, good putt Zach.

Team invincible won't be winning.

POD Fisher

Team cannon fodder won't be losing.

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                      POD Fisher

Team cannon fodder won't be losing.
                      I think you'll find I said I'd be a POD/Fisher backer rather than a layer

Comment

Shot of the day from Donald there.

Comment

Shot of the day from Donald there.
                          Load of use they made out of it.

Come on USA!!!!!!!

Comment

Who do u think will go out in the 2 evening foursomes, woods/stricker and mahan/johnson im guessin on the yanks side, while westwood/kaymer andwho else do u pick on the european side? the last two pairings out atm wont be able to cause of time constraints. Tough decision for monty.
                            ''Any change is resisted because bureaucrats have a vested interest in the chaos in which they exist.'' - Richard Nixon

Comment

I'd go Harrington/Fisher and Donald/Poulter in the 4 somes.

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                Maybe I'm an exception here, but I can't see how people get so attached to the 'Europe' team, to a similar extent if it was just Ireland. It's similar to national pride, but instead of it being Ireland, its all of Europe. Even the Irish contribution to the team is very limited, POD is a liability to the team and depending on your viewpoint, Rors and Gmac may not even count as Irish. Tbh I just don't get the sense of 'European pride', along with the 831m other europeans... Maybe I'm different, I dunno.

Sorry I haven't explained myself very well, but I hope you understand what I mean.
                                I am much more attached to my European identity than my Irish one, which is mostly a source of shame and regret. That's something for the BBV another day when I can get Solksjar on uber tilt about it
                                Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Interesting that Monty has broken up winning partnerships, I'd be happier with Pavin's picks there.

Comment

Interesting that Monty has broken up winning partnerships, I'd be happier with Pavin's picks there.
                                    Ye can't believe Fish/Pod aint playin foursomes

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
                                      Ye can't believe he broke Fish/Pod
                                      He didn't?

Agree 100% with your edit
                                      Last edited by The C Kid; 02-10-10, 14:31.

Comment

Europe.....HOLD

Comment

Donald has been Europes best player. He's played on his own this morning and this afternoon and he's given a great account of himself.

Westwood/Donald - Stricker/Woods could be a cracker

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
                                            Donald has been Europes best player. He's played on his own this morning and this afternoon and he's given a great account of himself.

Westwood/Donald - Stricker/Woods could be a cracker
                                            agree with you Donald is pure quality, old school slide rule golfer.

gmac has been off.

oh yeah, nice 1. get in
                                            Last edited by Solskjaer; 02-10-10, 14:55.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                              I am much more attached to my European identity than my Irish one, which is mostly a source of shame and regret. That's something for the BBV another day when I can get Solksjar on uber tilt about it

naw don't misread my rants, ubertilt no, disappointment YES.

Comment

Nailed it

edit - ridic putt by Cink
                                                Last edited by sligoboi; 02-10-10, 15:00.
                                                Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                                                  agree with you Donald is pure quality, old school slide rule golfer.

gmac has been off.
                                                  LOL nice ninja edit

Comment

MASSIVE last game

Comment

Fuckin Cink

Comment

Whatta putt

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                          LOL nice ninja edit
                                                          what ninja abour it? just gave the boy credit and didnt change my point.

Comment

Yikes

Comment

cink gonna tiger

rory gonna westwood

Comment

So stupid putting 4balls out ahead of 4somes

Comment

Zach & Hunter 2.7 v the 2 Macs.

Yes please!

edit: lol 2.5 now. Still decent. I'd make them favs tbh
                                                                  Last edited by NewApproach; 02-10-10, 15:19.

Comment

That was so poor from Rory, hard to believe.
                                                                    ''Any change is resisted because bureaucrats have a vested interest in the chaos in which they exist.'' - Richard Nixon

Comment

Europe on the rocks imo. USA to hammer them in the 3rd session and set up a cakewalk in the singles

Comment

Load of use they made out of it.

Come on USA!!!!!!!
                                                                        are you american or a prick?

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown View Post
                                                                          are you american or a prick?
                                                                          Sorry??

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                                            Europe on the rocks imo. USA to hammer them in the 3rd session and set up a cakewalk in the singles
                                                                            I think Europe have the better team and so should win the singles.

Comment

the westwood donald match in the foresomes is gonna be huge!! if we can win that one wer in with a shout

Comment

I've chosen Jimenez and Hanson to recoup all loses to date, Bubba and Overton to wilt. Thats the the idea anyway. So far my picks have been about as shrewd as giving Nick Leason a lend of a tenner.

Comment

Sorry??
                                                                                  just wondering are you American or are you a European cheering for the USA(prick)?

Comment

Ah the old Harry fist pump, gotta love it.

Comment

just wondering are you American or are you a European cheering for the USA(prick)?
                                                                                      If you read the thread instead of just reading one post and calling people pricks, you would see what my point of view is. Wanker.

Comment

lads lads, as Monty sez, this isn't football

Comment

If you read the thread instead of just reading one post and calling people pricks, you would see what my point of view is. Wanker.
                                                                                          I didnt call you a prick, just asked which one it was. I know you have bets on which is fine but still wondering if you are an American or a European cheering against Europe?

Comment

I'm a prick.

USA USA USA USA USA!!!

Comment

I'm a prick.

USA USA USA USA USA!!!
                                                                                              Golden.

Comment

sorry to NewApproach i guess I was a little out of line, I dont know you so wasnt making a judgement. It just really grinds my gears when some people not only refuse to support a European team with 3 Irish men on it, but cheer on an American team. I understand that sometimes money is on the line but Im guessing the money involved is more nominal that anything else.

If thats the way you are then I think you really should keep it to yourself, no need to be boisterous about it.

Comment

sorry to NewApproach i guess I was a little out of line, I dont know you so wasnt making a judgement. It just really grinds my gears when some people not only refuse to support a European team with 3 Irish men on it, but cheer on an American team. I understand that sometimes money is on the line but Im guessing the money involved is more nominal that anything else.

If thats the way you are then I think you really should keep it to yourself, no need to be boisterous about it.
                                                                                                  I think ur the one who should keep ur opinions to yourself, you have no idea how much money is involved, in your own words u are guessing. Presumptious and way out of line imo

Comment

am I the only one that enjoys rorys rants?

Comment

I like to watch golf, I mostly watch American golf, my favourite golfers are American, I watch them way more than I watch the European golfers, so why should I not cheer for them just because I am European?

I also have an irrational dislike for McIlroy, and watching his choke on 17 and 18 was particularly beautiful for me. I felt sorry for GMac though as he is my favourite Irish golfer by a country mile.

Comment

Originally posted by JackBurton View Post
                                                                                                        I think ur the one who should keep ur opinions to yourself, you have no idea how much money is involved, in your own words u are guessing. Presumptious and way out of line imo
                                                                                                        I dont have an idea but its not really the point of my post. If NewApproach is allowed come on here and say how he feels no European identity, I think i should be allowed come on here and say that I think any European cheering for USA is wrong.
                                                                                                        Last edited by Downtown; 02-10-10, 15:49.

Comment

Downtown, all you've contributed to this thread is wonder if I'm Armerican or a prick. If all this thread was was 'go Europe, go Europe', it wouldn't be half as good imo. Yes I've obviously backed USA, what about it? If you don't like it, either don't read this thread or ignore my posts.

Comment

fwiw im Europen AND a prick

Comment

I dont have an idea but its not really the point of my post. If NewApproach is allowed come on here and say how he feels no European identity, I think i should be allowed come on here and say that I think any American cheering for USA is wrong.
                                                                                                              You didn't though you called him a prick, and whats worse is you didn't even come out with it straight you kinda slyly did it.

You f*cking snail-eating, Euro spending, would be speaking German if it wasn't for the Yanks, PRICK.

Also please post more, as given you are actually very good at golf you would give a better insight than most into the actual playing element which I am pretty clueless about.

Comment

If this was Boards, I could just lock the thread and ban all Ryder cup talk as a punishment.

But its not, the games out at the moment are only at th start of their rounds and this is an entertaining diversion, so carry on.

btw ye are all pricks. (edit - except solksjear)

Comment

I dont have an idea but its not really the point of my post. If NewApproach is allowed come on here and say how he feels no European identity, I think i should be allowed come on here and say that I think any American cheering for USA is wrong.
                                                                                                                  U certainly can, but basically calling someone a prick about it is a bit out of line as i'm quite sure u know he's not an american. Then telling him he should keep his opinions to himself, well everyone is entitled to their say, we are in a forum.
                                                                                                                  Anyway not saying anymore about it, not getting into a slagging match about it

Comment

If this was Boards, I could just lock the thread and ban all Ryder cup talk as a punishment.

But its not, the games out at the moment are only at th start of their rounds and this is an entertaining diversion, so carry on.

btw ye are all pricks. (edit - except solksjear)
                                                                                                                    thanks Kev you prick, but I am a Prick, I'm just not a prick about it.

Comment

You didn't though you called him a prick, and whats worse is you didn't even come out with it straight you kinda slyly did it.

You f*cking snail-eating, Euro spending, would be speaking German if it wasn't for the Yanks, PRICK.

Also please post more, as given you are actually very good at golf you would give a better insight than most into the actual playing element which I am pretty clueless about.
                                                                                                                      ha, i like that middle bit. wpwp

I just get very worked up about the Ryder Cup. Hate seeing "go USA" stuff from Irish guys. I have to tell you that American fans are very obnoxious, ignorant and arrogant. Infact I hate them in general and hate losing to them.

didnt really mean to cause offence, its just my style to be call it as I see it. I take it as good as I give it to so dont worry bout that.

as for the actual golf...its obvious we have it up against us. I really think that we can get the best of it in this session. I predicted 15-13 to Europe at the start of it, not liking that too much now. Hopefully the G/RMac combo can beat a very tough pairing in Johnson and Mahan, I think thats the most crucial point of the session.

Comment

Rory is perfectly within his rights to call Europeans cheering on America whatever he wants to.

Comment

Lol, mate of mine backed Woods to play all 5 games at 4-5. After the opening fourballs and subsequent delay and new format, his bet was automically up as their was no way Woods couldn't play the 5 games. So the only sweat he had was whether he'd play the first round of 4 balls yesterday

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X