Irish Poker Boards
Register Arcade FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Irish Poker Boards > Gambling > General Gambling

Old 05-03-12, 11:06   #21
smoothcall

Will Hill only taking 100 on that offer, still nice to get something on at that price
smoothcall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-12, 12:06   #22
amberleaf

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoothcall View Post
Will Hill only taking 100 on that offer, still nice to get something on at that price
best of the rest is 10/11 with powers,if anyone wanted to fill up at that would think will be shorter than that on the day,if all stays well!nrnb rules apply as well,just in case!
Old 05-03-12, 12:27   #23
Gimmeabreak
Chief Tipster

Id say it is a 1.01 shot for Hurricane Fly to be even money on the day of the race. Id say it is about a 1.33 shot for him to hit odds against on the day.
Gimmeabreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks From:
Old 05-03-12, 13:31   #24
NewApproach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimmeabreak View Post
Id say it is a 1.01 shot for Hurricane Fly to be even money on the day of the race. Id say it is about a 1.33 shot for him to hit odds against on the day.
Do you think the bookies will be 'out to get' all the short priced favs this year (of which there are lots) or just a few in particular.
NewApproach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-12, 13:39   #25
Wesley Harms
GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimmeabreak View Post
I think if Sprinter Sacre goes in at odds on, with Peddlers probably out now I think he will be, then HF will start odds on.

If SS gets beat we may get some 5/4
Old 05-03-12, 13:39   #26
elbows

Anyone think Dylan Ross has a squeek in the supreme.

33/1 for a horse that will like the good ground and IMO needs cover so big field will suit. Might be a bit dodgy in the finish but I think it will defo place.
Old 05-03-12, 19:54   #27
Wesley Harms
GOAT

Peddlers Cross confirmed for the Jewson. McCain is a cabbage imo. All his bollocks all year and now this
Old 06-03-12, 09:20   #28
Thefonze

Quote:
Originally Posted by elbows View Post
Anyone think Dylan Ross has a squeek in the supreme.

33/1 for a horse that will like the good ground and IMO needs cover so big field will suit. Might be a bit dodgy in the finish but I think it will defo place.
I thought that this horse was put down, I tried to look it up but could not see. Anyone know?
Thefonze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-12, 09:23   #29
thedini

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thefonze View Post
I thought that this horse was put down, I tried to look it up but could not see. Anyone know?
elbows is right entered in the supreme.
thedini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-12, 09:30   #30
amberleaf

re bog warrior

Warrior confirmed for Naas

Bog Warrior
Two of Ireland's best novice chasers could clash at Naas on Sunday as Bog Warrior and Flemenstar have been entered in the Naas Directors Plate Novice Chase.

As both horses need soft ground to be seen at their best, Cheltenham has never seriously been on their radar this season.

Tony Martin has confirmed Bog Warrior an intended runner in the Grade Three at Naas, meaning he will not take up any of his three options at the Festival.
Old 07-03-12, 11:27   #31
elbows

Bets so far

Supreme
Dylan Ross 33/1 e/w (case of 2nditis but I think he needs cover and will like the good ground, think it will get up the hill and with late charge from carberry might squeek it)

JLT Specialty Handicap Chase
Ogee 33/1 7 lbs lower than when 3rd in this in 2010. return to form on latest run, decent e/w shout.

Champ chase

Somersby 10-1 (assum hen run it in this) for a horse that was not too far from Sizing in the arkle in 2010. Return to form and Sizing may have blown its beans in its last race.

RSA

Invictus 8-1 (now 7's)- don't like Grand Crus as this race tends not to go to classy hurdlers as it is a pure sloggers race. Invictus looks like this type of horse

Ryanair

Albertus run 10-1 - don't think cheltenham will suit riverside theatre and 10-1 for dual winner when no sign of regression - yes please

Thoughts please
Old 07-03-12, 11:37   #32
amberleaf

just looking for opinions,would it be worth starting a thread for the cheltenham placepot.the placepot can run into big money for tiny investments,good idea/bad idea/...stupid idea,not 100% on this but didnt a cheltenham placepot come in a few years ago paying 18,000(ish) euro for a 1 euro bet?very hard to get up i know, but for a few quid a day why not?
Old 07-03-12, 12:11   #33
DeadParrot
Grand High Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by amberleaf View Post
just looking for opinions,would it be worth starting a thread for the cheltenham placepot.the placepot can run into big money for tiny investments,good idea/bad idea/...stupid idea,not 100% on this but didnt a cheltenham placepot come in a few years ago paying 18,000(ish) euro for a 1 euro bet?very hard to get up i know, but for a few quid a day why not?
DeadParrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-12, 13:16   #34
Marsden02

Lots of Cheltenham offers about but i think this has a touch of value:

Bet 25 with Mcleans bookies online between now and the 1st race on tuesday and you get a25 free bet for each day of the cheltenham festival. I think they take stake back on winnings and its single only but geat value after the fly rocks up in the hurdle.

code: CHELTENHAM12

sorry just seen its the wee 6 only

Last edited by Marsden02; 07-03-12 at 13:21.
Marsden02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-12, 21:32   #35
Thefonze

Quote:
Originally Posted by amberleaf View Post
Mal Boyle on Bettingzone in the Sporting Life is good for these.

I really like the placepots and especially at the big meetings, always do perms. Have won big a few times.

I like the idea, find the traffic on this site very poor however, most seem more interested in bets less than evens. Want more debate and views tbh.

Cant wait for next week now, 4 days off to watch it in peace.
Thefonze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-12, 21:49   #36
Fonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by elbows View Post
Bets so far

Supreme
Dylan Ross 33/1 e/w (case of 2nditis but I think he needs cover and will like the good ground, think it will get up the hill and with late charge from carberry might squeek it)

JLT Specialty Handicap Chase
Ogee 33/1 7 lbs lower than when 3rd in this in 2010. return to form on latest run, decent e/w shout.

Champ chase

Somersby 10-1 (assum hen run it in this) for a horse that was not too far from Sizing in the arkle in 2010. Return to form and Sizing may have blown its beans in its last race.

RSA

Invictus 8-1 (now 7's)- don't like Grand Crus as this race tends not to go to classy hurdlers as it is a pure sloggers race. Invictus looks like this type of horse

Ryanair

Albertus run 10-1 - don't think cheltenham will suit riverside theatre and 10-1 for dual winner when no sign of regression - yes please

Thoughts please
JLT Handicap Chase
I like the call on Ogee . Have him backed for this race also. I'd be quite willing to take on the fav in this race, not at all impressed by his jumping at Sandown. Also have Quantitaveasing backed for this as i like both his course form and the form of his win at new years!!

RSA Chase
Again i agree with you re classy hurdlers winning this race, just think Grand Crus might just be the exception to this.

Ryanair
Most open race of all at the festival.
Fonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-12, 22:13   #37
FeetMagic

Can't see this Ogee anywhere? http://www.oddschecker.com/horse-rac...handicap-chase
FeetMagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-12, 23:24   #38
Fonkey

Seems like he has been removed at the 5 day entry stage. Hopefully those that have him backed have him done as NRNB.
Fonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-12, 23:43   #39
The Situation
Champ Champ

In peoples opinions which of BB, HF, SE, SS and Quevega represents the best value at their current prices(if any), can people list them from 1-5 in order of most to least and put 'back' 'lay' or 'no bet' beside each please?

Eg (not my actual opinion)

Sizing (back)
HF (back)
Quevega(no bet)
Big Bucks (lay)
Sprinter Sacre(lay)
Old 07-03-12, 23:56   #40
mcnugget

Back:
Hurricane (way superior to anything else in the race)
Sizing (maybe still a little overpriced)

No Bets:
Big Bucks
Quevega (neither too appealing at the prices)

Lay:
Sprinter Sacre (looks impressive but it's a decent race and he has to prove he can come up the hill)
mcnugget is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks From:

Irish Poker Boards > Gambling > General Gambling