Irish Poker Boards
Register Arcade FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Irish Poker Boards > Gambling > General Gambling
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13-07-14, 22:03   #961
TheJiggaman
Member
 
TheJiggaman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 2,869
Farcical giving Messi the award. Would be very annoyed if I had money on any contender for it.
TheJiggaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-14, 22:07   #962
Dice75
Bringing the Mac
 
Dice75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Ranking People
Posts: 11,170
QQ - 100 E/W on Neymar for TGS @14/1, how much should you get back?
__________________
.

2018 Live Irish Poker Rankings

.
Dice75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-14, 22:08   #963
Jibzzzz
Member
 
Jibzzzz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 3,742
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dice75 View Post
QQ - €100 E/W on Neymar for TGS @14/1, how much should you get back?
450

Edit - unless its tied
Jibzzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-14, 22:11   #964
Dice75
Bringing the Mac
 
Dice75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Ranking People
Posts: 11,170
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnOB View Post
450

Edit - unless its tied
5 tied for E/W instead of the 4 places offered
__________________
.

2018 Live Irish Poker Rankings

.
Dice75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-14, 23:09   #965
mugsy
straight arrow
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 648
good riddance to the world cup. too much of a bore fest at times.

stick with the gaa until the premier league kicks off
mugsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-14, 23:26   #966
CHDog
Creative when bored
 
CHDog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: m8
Posts: 22,117
Send a message via MSN to CHDog
Quote:
Originally Posted by mugsy View Post
good riddance to the world cup. too much of a bore fest at times.

stick with the gaa until the premier league kicks off
Why are you so unhappy tonight mugsy?
CHDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-14, 00:36   #967
mugsy
straight arrow
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 648
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHD View Post
Why are you so unhappy tonight mugsy?
im not unhappy just was a bit unimpressed by this world cup. On paper the quarter finals on looked like good games but failed to live up to it. I guess as finals go it wasnt the worst. My earliest world cup when i was aware enough to watch a screen wud have been italia 90 and i remember that was a shit final too. 94 italy v brasil shit too. 98 i missed most of that i was in thurles at the munster final then 2002 brasil beat a pretty meek germany. 2006 italy won dont remember much and last time spain and holland was a foul fest.

I think it was on off the ball or second captains they were saying people get blind sighted after a few years and dont remember how bad the world cup was in the past. I watched most games bar few in the groups like most people though i missed ghana v germany which was a cracker apprarently. Dont have much to take from this wc. I dont enjoy watching a 7-1 one sided game. Very few really good goals scored. But i suppose come russia 2018 i will be looking forward to that too and forget how shit a world cup can be.

If i was north korean. Id be celebrating a world cup win tonight.
mugsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks From:
Old 14-07-14, 00:59   #968
Jam-Fly
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 2,906
My highlight of the World Cup anyway is definitely Iran vs Argentina

It was one of those games where I'd nothing at stake and no connection to either team, but was so strongly pulling for the Iranians to hold on. Unfortunately it took 93mins for the genius of Messi to shine through, but shine through it did.
Jam-Fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks From:
Old 14-07-14, 01:02   #969
dobby
Member
 
dobby's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: The Infirmary
Posts: 7,627
Quote:
Originally Posted by mugsy View Post
im not unhappy just was a bit unimpressed by this world cup. On paper the quarter finals on looked like good games but failed to live up to it. I guess as finals go it wasnt the worst. My earliest world cup when i was aware enough to watch a screen wud have been italia 90 and i remember that was a shit final too. 94 italy v brasil shit too. 98 i missed most of that i was in thurles at the munster final then 2002 brasil beat a pretty meek germany. 2006 italy won dont remember much and last time spain and holland was a foul fest.

I think it was on off the ball or second captains they were saying people get blind sighted after a few years and dont remember how bad the world cup was in the past. I watched most games bar few in the groups like most people though i missed ghana v germany which was a cracker apprarently. Dont have much to take from this wc. I dont enjoy watching a 7-1 one sided game. Very few really good goals scored. But i suppose come russia 2018 i will be looking forward to that too and forget how shit a world cup can be.

If i was north korean. Id be celebrating a world cup win tonight.
What a crock of shit. World Cup 2014 had some of the best games I've seen. Portugal v USA being the standout game for me. World cup was fantastic overall. You pribably lost your bollox and are pissed off over it.
dobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks From:
Old 14-07-14, 01:11   #970
mugsy
straight arrow
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 648
Quote:
Originally Posted by dobman88 View Post
What a crock of shit. World Cup 2014 had some of the best games I've seen. Portugal v USA being the standout game for me. World cup was fantastic overall. You pribably lost your bollox and are pissed off over it.
that was a 2nd round group game i believe. The world cup was poor from knock outs i said. what were these best games? and no i didnt lose my bollocks i was up from the wc but didnt really punt big in any case.
mugsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-14, 10:31   #971
Micknail
and I
 
Micknail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 6,475
Quote:
Originally Posted by mugsy View Post
im not unhappy just was a bit unimpressed by this world cup. On paper the quarter finals on looked like good games but failed to live up to it. I guess as finals go it wasnt the worst. My earliest world cup when i was aware enough to watch a screen wud have been italia 90 and i remember that was a shit final too. 94 italy v brasil shit too. 98 i missed most of that i was in thurles at the munster final then 2002 brasil beat a pretty meek germany. 2006 italy won dont remember much and last time spain and holland was a foul fest.
So basically every world cup is a shit world cup?
Because the final was shit?
Because you don't remember it?
__________________
﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿
Micknail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-14, 10:44   #972
dobby
Member
 
dobby's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: The Infirmary
Posts: 7,627
Quote:
Originally Posted by mugsy View Post
that was a 2nd round group game i believe. The world cup was poor from knock outs i said. what were these best games? and no i didnt lose my bollocks i was up from the wc but didnt really punt big in any case.
Algeria v Germany was a L16, I think, and was a deadly game! I'm sure there are other good games if I put some thought into it.

Fantastic WC imo.
dobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-14, 10:47   #973
ArmaniJeans
Closed Account
 
ArmaniJeans's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: In the heart of Transylvania, in the Vampire Hall of Fame Yeah.
Posts: 9,803
Don't mind them mugsy, you stick with the oul hurling.
No 0-0 rubbish as every game has at least 50 scores, many of them goals.
ArmaniJeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-14, 15:16   #974
Warper
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 153
Best World Cup i can remember. The Group stages and round of 16 were fantastic, took a bit of a lull after that but the Germany-Brazil game was madness. Good final last night too. Lost my bollox though
Warper is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

  Irish Poker Boards > Gambling > General Gambling

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT. The time now is 23:59.