Night of nostalgia 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Night of nostalgia 2

I was speaking to Dice and trying to organise a night out and rather than the 2 of us trying to ruin each other we thought that we would put it out to the masses.

Friday 13th May starting in Keogh's at 6pm and then play the tourney in the Emporium which I believe starts at 8.
    Last edited by elbows; 27-04-16, 10:35.
    His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Last years outing....

PS - most of us ended up with Mini-Me's after last year so bring protection...

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
      Last years outing....

It might be cheaper to stay out all night punting. Those Mini-Me's can put a dent in the bankroll in the long run ...

Comment

Last years outing....

this is very true
        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

may wangle this as my 'night off'
          I'll probably be asleep at the bar like a certain young man last year...
          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Originally posted by elbows View Post
            I was speaking to Dice and trying to organise a night out and rather than the 2 of us trying to ruin each other we thought that we would put it out to the masses.

Friday 13th May starting in Keogh's at 6pm and then play the tourney in the Emporium which I believe starts at 8.
            What could possibly go wrong!

Comment

Originally posted by horatio1 View Post
              What could possibly go wrong!
              All the women get pregnant again.
              His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Has this been linked in BBV?

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                  Has this been linked in BBV?
                  Done now

Comment

I remember licking Hotspur's face.
                    "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Really? Friday the 13th?

I know it's unlucky to be superstitious and all but must we taunt fate in this manner?

In.
                      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                        Really? Friday the 13th?

I know it's unlucky to be superstitious and all but must we taunt fate in this manner?

In.
                        Dice picked the date. Think the twins weren't enough for him last time. Maybe going for triplets this time.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                          I remember licking Hotspur's face.
                          I don't. And it's the kind of thing I would remember.

Comment

I will be obeying the restraining order. I hear it's in the post.

I am not well.
                            This is a Shashka. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AN3uhImuy6E Ty Menya Ne Ishi. Ti menya ne stoish. 'Do not look for me you are not worthy of me.'

Comment

after reading the thread from the last year. GAB had contacted the SE to get extra staff on.

If people are interested in attending can they post here to get an idea of numbers. I have Me, Dice, RD3 and DP maybe.atm

Comment

Will pop in for a few pints but I can't play the tournament.

Comment

I am on for pints but will skip tourney and wait for yee on cash table.

Comment

Hoping to make it but won't know until nearer the time.

Comment

Originally posted by NuckChorris View Post
                                      Hoping to make it but won't know until nearer the time.

We could skip it all and have a daddy day wheeling our kids around the park

Comment

All the women get pregnant again.
                                        If I come there will be how many??
                                        This is a Shashka. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AN3uhImuy6E Ty Menya Ne Ishi. Ti menya ne stoish. 'Do not look for me you are not worthy of me.'

Comment

Originally posted by Shashka View Post
                                          If I come there will be how many??
                                          Around 10 for drinks. Tournament there should be around 30 players

Comment

Around 10 for drinks. Tournament there should be around 30 players
                                            10 women??

I could go for drinks anyways. Dunno about the tournament. How much is the tournie ?

Comment

10 women??

I could go for drinks anyways. Dunno about the tournament. How much is the tournie ?
                                              10 middled aged married men with Kids. Tourney is €100

Comment

Next year!

Comment

Next year!
                                                  Just come drinking m8. It'll be class.
                                                  "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Just come drinking m8. It'll be class.
                                                    haha !! Ok maybe ...where is the thing keoghs?

Comment

Just off Grafton St. Google knows where it is.

Comment

shit

Comment

I dont have any kids yet so not sure if I will fit in with you guys but potentially up for this. Less keen on the poker bit of the evening I must admit.

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
                                                            I dont have any kids yet so not sure if I will fit in with you guys but potentially up for this. Less keen on the poker bit of the evening I must admit.
                                                            Last year most of us didn't have any kids yet so would expect the big difference to be that the drunkenness kicks in an hour or two earlier! Except for Dice. He has hollow legs, 5 livers and has been drinking since he was six.

Comment

Hope to make this.

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
                                                                It'll be you, me and Danny Crane in the bar, then.

Comment

It'll be you, me and Danny Crane in the bar, then.
                                                                  Heading to Manchester on Saturday so trying to sort the Friday off too. Glad to hear a few won't be playing the cards. No interest in the game, just the booze.

Comment

Just in case I get a pass from DPO (Degeneracy Permission Officer aka 'The Wife') whats the nearest hotel with parking to this establishment?

Comment

Originally posted by TheDrunkenOne View Post
                                                                      Just in case I get a pass from DPO (Degeneracy Permission Officer aka 'The Wife') whats the nearest hotel with parking to this establishment?
                                                                      What's the budget, it's just off grafton st so loads of options
                                                                      Hotel Search

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                        What's the budget, it's just off grafton st so loads of options
                                                                        Hotel Search
                                                                        camden court hotel is just a 5-10 minute walk as well and usually good value. Also has a pool for that morning hungover swim.

wish i could come

Comment

I can vouch for the Camden court being nice. They do music too. Never stayed there though.

Comment

Looked at figures and think €150 minimum to lie down for a couple hrs + €6 for vodka and coke working out at €120 probably at least over the day/night and add in food €40 its gonna be €300 minimum for one nights drinking and likely a lot more taking 'entertainment' into consideration!

As much as I would love to meet some of you guys again I have to give it a miss.

You guys must be loaded to live in Dublin!

€300 pays my mortgage, electric, broadband and telephone for a month and enough left for a nights drinking...........almost!

As I putter about Lough Erne tmw fishing on my boat I will quietly "tut tut" about how expensive things are in the capital

Still wanna go though .................................................. .......................

Comment

#39
                                                                              If I can get my brother to come maybe ...I dunno if i would be brave enough on my own.

Comment

#40
                                                                                Might go m8s.

Comment

#41
                                                                                  Originally posted by TheDrunkenOne View Post
                                                                                  Looked at figures and think €150 minimum to lie down for a couple hrs + €6 for vodka and coke working out at €120 probably at least over the day/night and add in food €40 its gonna be €300 minimum for one nights drinking and likely a lot more taking 'entertainment' into consideration!

As much as I would love to meet some of you guys again I have to give it a miss.

You guys must be loaded to live in Dublin!

€300 pays my mortgage, electric, broadband and telephone for a month and enough left for a nights drinking...........almost!

As I putter about Lough Erne tmw fishing on my boat I will quietly "tut tut" about how expensive things are in the capital

Still wanna go though .................................................. .......................
                                                                                  You need to be taught the ways of the naggin
                                                                                  Go big or go homeless.

Comment

#42
                                                                                    It doesn't look like I can make it. But have a great one.

Comment

#43
                                                                                      What time is anyone hitting Keoghs at?

Have dispatched wife & kids west of the Shannon so free all day

PS - Deadparrot, a nice crisp €50 for another year of 'Pool failure

Comment

#44

Currently in negotiations. Should be in around 6.30. Unfortunately have to work or we could have done lunch in Shanahans.

Comment

#45

Off since yesterday till next Monday. Looking after the kids until the other half gets back around 11:00 on Friday. I expect to leave the house at 11:01 and head to the big smoke. I will be looking in the window and as soon as your in a round with someone else I'll wander in!

Comment

#46
                                                                                            Originally posted by horatio1 View Post
                                                                                            Off since yesterday till next Monday. Looking after the kids until the other half gets back around 11:00 on Friday. I expect to leave the house at 11:01 and head to the big smoke. I will be looking in the window and as soon as your in a round with someone else I'll wander in!
                                                                                            I'll PM ya my number and sure gimme a shout

Comment

#47
                                                                                              7-7.30 for me. Is the tournie €100 or €50? For €50 I could play with a few drinks on board, if it's a tonne I'd be better off sticking it behind the bar! Also, what's the new place in the SE building like?

Comment

#48
                                                                                                Originally posted by NuckChorris View Post
                                                                                                7-7.30 for me. Is the tournie €100 or €50? For €50 I could play with a few drinks on board, if it's a tonne I'd be better off sticking it behind the bar! Also, what's the new place in the SE building like?
                                                                                                Think it's €100. The new place is ok but more of an after tourney option than pre.

Comment

#49

Luas strike means I'm working from home so fingers crossed I can get some time off for good behavior and be in for 5ish.
                                                                                                  €100 for the tourney is bad jou jou
                                                                                                  And yes, baby is currently minding your €50 in her nappy

Comment

#50
                                                                                                    If anyone is up for skipping tourney I fancy just getting pissed.

Comment

#51
                                                                                                      About 8 for me. Goddamn kid-related commitments.

I also want to check out the new bar downstairs.

Comment

#52
                                                                                                        Originally posted by Hatedajacks View Post
                                                                                                        Always a possibility

What time u in at?

Comment

#53
                                                                                                          Always a possibility

What time u in at?
                                                                                                          Em sure I am free whenever. Drop me a line when you get in.

Comment

#54
                                                                                                            Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                                            Will pop in for a few pints but I can't play the tournament.
                                                                                                            Bah, can't make the pints either now!

Comment

#55
                                                                                                              Originally posted by Hatedajacks View Post
                                                                                                              Interested too but it would bring forward my falling asleep in the corner forward by about 2 hours. From 1am to 11pm Could wake up soberish at 2 or 3 though and donate a weeks wages to you at the cash table....

Comment

#56
                                                                                                                I'll be in Keogh's around 7ish. I'm quivering with anticipation.

Comment

#57
                                                                                                                  I'll be in Keogh's around 7ish. I'm quivering with anticipation.
                                                                                                                  Weather was supposed to be bad in that London today, as such made sort shit out plans after working an AFD (all fucking day-16 hr shift) yesterday

Sun out, morning wasted, I might get pissed in solidarity with my comrades in that Dubleen

Comment

#58
                                                                                                                    This is really tempting. Are Grandfathers Welcome ?

Comment

#59
                                                                                                                      Plonked at the bar in front of the racing

Comment

#60
                                                                                                                        Plonked at the bar in front of the racing
                                                                                                                        Who is on the early shift with you?

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                        X