No announcement yet.

2014 Grind & Goals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Built alot of decent stacks today again didn't go my way deep and def could of played better at the $2r FT have a few hands that'll i'll post once i review it. Have one hand from the $5 quad 17.5k that im not exactly sure i should be triple barreling in this spot v a 17/3 random thoughts? anyone firing river ? what if river is another diamond would we be more inclined to fire then or give up ?

[converted_hand][hand_history]Poker Stars, $5 Buy-in (400/800 blinds, 100 ante) No Limit Hold'em Tournament, 9 Players
    Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite. View Hand #20613901

SB: 106,289 (132.9 bb)
    BB: 25,324 (31.7 bb)
    UTG+1: 30,157 (37.7 bb)
    UTG+2: 56,320 (70.4 bb)
    Hero (MP1): 49,382 (61.7 bb)
    MP2: 5,977 (7.5 bb)
    MP3: 47,185 (59 bb)
    CO: 73,489 (91.9 bb)
    BTN: 73,149 (91.4 bb)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with 4:heart: 3:heart:
    2 folds, Hero raises to 1,600, 2 folds, CO calls 1,600, 2 folds, BB calls 800

Flop: (6,100) 3:diamond: 7:diamond: 2:diamond: (3 players)
    BB checks, Hero bets 2,440, CO calls 2,440, BB folds

Turn: (10,980) K:spade: (2 players)
    Hero bets 5,490, CO calls 5,490

River: (21,960) T:spade: (2 players)

[/converted_hand]

MU= - $5729

Comment

I wouldn't 3 barrel here. Villains range contains too many pair w/fd combos after calling twice that will hero us here. We will probably get 44-99 to fold and some 7x hands. But thats about it imo. 44-66 will probably fold the turn some of the time aswel which makes his one pair range even stronger with his turn call.

And for the reasons stated above I wouldn't barrel a diamond river as villain's turn call weights his one pair hands more towards pairs with a diamond that obv won't fold a diamond river.

Comment

Talk to me about this open?

Comment

Originally posted by Laois Hammer View Post
          Talk to me about this open?
          Table was terrible was pretty much so i was just opening everything really :/ agree with what nick says though pretty bang on analysis

Having to play football at 2 o clock on a Sunday is such a killer and with the united arsenal game on at 4 won't be on the grind till 6 later (rain)

Comment

didnt play yesterday watched united/arsenal after football and had some pints

pretty tilting day today full of coolers at vital times culminated in TT<QQ for CL with 14 left in the $3r 2x turbo

MU= -$6179

onto tomorrow lets hope for a better day :/
            Last edited by chips1234; 12-11-13, 02:16.

Comment

FT of 11r AH 8/9 3.4k up top need to double gogogo

Comment

3/5 on break

Comment

annnnnnnnd we accumulate all the chips in the tournament

PokerStars Tournament #814580254, No Limit Hold'em
                  Buy-In: $10.00/$1.00 USD
                  445 players
                  Total Prize Pool: $18060.00 USD
                  Tournament started 2013/11/12 20:45:00 WET [2013/11/12 15:45:00 ET]

Dear chips1234,

You finished the tournament in 1st place. A USD 3,431.46 award has been credited to your Real Money account.

You earned 424.16 tournament leader points in this tournament. For information about our tournament leader board, see our web site at http://www.pokerstars.com/poker/tour.../leader-board/

Congratulations!

Thank you for participating.

Comment

good day good day

MU on .com = -$2987 after 66 games today

(sun)

Comment

Hi Chips, just a quick question I hope you don't mind me asking. You went from ~6k down to ~3k in MU today.

If you did the same tomorrow and gave your backer, say 3.5k, does that mean you would be MU free and able to leave your backer with your reputation in tact?

Comment

Originally posted by dobman88 View Post
                        Hi Chips, just a quick question I hope you don't mind me asking. You went from ~6k down to ~3k in MU today.

If you did the same tomorrow and gave your backer, say 3.5k, does that mean you would be MU free and able to leave your backer with your reputation in tact?
                        i still have like 1.3k euro MU on .fr that i havent included in the updates cause i havent been arsed doing the exchange rate lol so but yeah for example i have 2.9k MU left on .com if i clear over 2.9k in profits tomorrow and didnt have the .fr mu i could leave without any worries

Comment

Originally posted by chips1234 View Post
                          i still have like 1.3k euro MU on .fr that i havent included in the updates cause i havent been arsed doing the exchange rate lol so but yeah for example i have 2.9k MU left on .com if i clear over 2.9k in profits tomorrow and didnt have the .fr mu i could leave without any worries
                          Cool, thanks for the reply. I'm fairly new to playing poker and enjoy finding out how this stuff works. So 2.9k + 1.3k is ~4.2k total. Does it matter what site you get the 4.2k or 4.3k from once it is cleared?

GL with tomorrow, be on your own by the weekend

Comment

Interesting thread, knew a lot of players were staked but never heard of markup before. Is markup a set figure that needs to be cleared, so you would need to make x amount profit before markup is cleared?
                            I see your going to be doing a bankroll challenge when its clear. Is that because you will be on a limited bankroll to start with or for other reasons. If its because of a limited bankroll would it not be beneficial to both yourself and you backer to come up with an arrangement that you continue playing when your markup is cleared so you can build a decent bankroll rather than starting from scratch. Will be much easier to build a bankroll playing the volume and games you have been playing rather than starting off from scratch.
                            Good luck
                            Last edited by Nuttkickker; 14-11-13, 10:09.
                            The smarter you play the luckier you'll be
                            MTT Calender 2015

Comment

It's make-up

Comment

Originally posted by Nuttkickker View Post
                                Interesting thread, knew a lot of players were staked but never heard of markup before. Is markup a set figure that needs to be cleared, so you would need to make x amount profit before markup is cleared?
                                I see your going to be doing a bankroll challenge when its clear. Is that because you will be on a limited bankroll to start with or for other reasons. If its because of a limited bankroll would it not be beneficial to both yourself and you backer to come up with an arrangement that you continue playing when your markup is cleared so you can build a decent bankroll rather than starting from scratch. Will be much easier to build a bankroll playing the volume and games you have been playing rather than starting off from scratch.
                                Good luck
                                no it will be better to just go on my own it shouldn't take too long to build a roll, continuing to play backed there is always the possibility of getting deep in MU again

update for yesterday : MU = - $3383 59 games played

Comment

Originally posted by Howard Finkel View Post
                                  It's make-up
                                  Indeed it is

Comment

Originally posted by NuckChorris View Post
                                    Indeed it is

Die.

But I will say that eye makeup really brings out the colour of my eyes

Comment

cool start to the day 12th in 25$ 6 max hyper with 3k up top

Comment

Just reading this now, best of luck with it man.
                                        I am grinding away atm and I was going to try and get staked but I don't know if it is really such a good thing, I know there is a lot of good that comes with been staked as the coaching and all that which is probably one of the main reason's I would go with it.
                                        I'm playing on FullTilt but really could do with playing another site as well so I can get in more volume but I don't really have the roll to keep 2 sites going, i'm currently giving myself 50 buy-in's, I was considering in coming away from FT and going to maybe .fr as I will be able to get in a bigger schedule and plus the fact I don't seem to run to well on FT.
                                        Yesterday I played 20 games over 2 sessions over a 10hr period, I'd normally start about 11:30am and finish reging about 2pm and start up again about 8pm. I have increased my tables from 6 to 9tabling but there is not much more games there to do much more.
                                        Any advice?

Comment

Originally posted by TheImprover View Post
                                          Just reading this now, best of luck with it man.
                                          I am grinding away atm and I was going to try and get staked but I don't know if it is really such a good thing, I know there is a lot of good that comes with been staked as the coaching and all that which is probably one of the main reason's I would go with it.
                                          I'm playing on FullTilt but really could do with playing another site as well so I can get in more volume but I don't really have the roll to keep 2 sites going, i'm currently giving myself 50 buy-in's, I was considering in coming away from FT and going to maybe .fr as I will be able to get in a bigger schedule and plus the fact I don't seem to run to well on FT.
                                          Yesterday I played 20 games over 2 sessions over a 10hr period, I'd normally start about 11:30am and finish reging about 2pm and start up again about 8pm. I have increased my tables from 6 to 9tabling but there is not much more games there to do much more.
                                          Any advice?
                                          what sort of roll are you working with ? what type of games are you playing ?

Comment

FT of $5 hyper 1k and change ftw 6/9 could be over quick

Comment

what sort of roll are you working with ? what type of games are you playing ?
                                              I'm playing all Nlh mtt's, my max buy in is $26, I play all the 1k Gtd plus games. My roll atm is at 50 buy-ins but it was at 70 only a few days ago.

Comment

I'm playing all Nlh mtt's, my max buy in is $26, I play all the 1k Gtd plus games. My roll atm is at 50 buy-ins but it was at 70 only a few days ago.
                                                your playing too high for your current roll imo, move it to stars ad play the 2.50 180s learn push shove and build a roll from there they are the easiest games to beat online imo and its where i'll be building from when i go on my own

4th in hyper AK<QJ for just under 500

Comment

your playing too high for your current roll imo, move it to stars ad play the 2.50 180s learn push shove and build a roll from there they are the easiest games to beat online imo and its where i'll be building from when i go on my own

4th in hyper AK<QJ for just under 500
                                                  So you think 50 buy-in's is not enough? How many do you think is enough, do you know what I might just do that and move to the 180's, how many buy-ins do you think would be a good cushion for them? Atm I have a roll of about 1200

Comment

So you think 50 buy-in's is not enough? How many do you think is enough, do you know what I might just do that and move to the 180's, how many buy-ins do you think would be a good cushion for them? Atm I have a roll of about 1200
                                                    50 buyins isnt enough of a roll for playing any mtts imo 200+ buyins to be super safe would be and even then id like more (ya im a nit) you have nearly 500 buyins for the 180s thats more than enough build to about 3k start adding in 3r's dont add 8's or 15's till you have 6k+ and dont switch to 3/8/15 till you have 8-10k but all through that grind add in value mtts aswell once you have 10k+ you can pick and choose between a bunch of diff mtt schedules while still grinding 180s to reduce variance

adding in games i mean like a 10-2 ratio of 2s/3rs etc or whatever feels comfortable

Comment

Is it possible to get in 9 tables at 180's though?

Comment

Is it possible to get in 9 tables at 180's though?
                                                        you can get 50 tables at them if you really wanted too

Comment

yesterday could of went better but thems the breaks, think i could of played slightly better.

MU= - $3672

graph for the month so far hoping to hit 1k+ games by the end of the month

Comment

Is that 180s + mtts or just mtts ?

Nice work so far,keep it up wpwp
                                                            “The only way to get smarter is by playing a smarter opponent.”

Comment

Originally posted by shanno66 View Post
                                                              Is that 180s + mtts or just mtts ?

Nice work so far,keep it up wpwp
                                                              mostly mtts def less than 100 180s in there

Comment

Good luck with rest of the months grind chips. Going ok so far. What kind of journal/account do you keep with your backer to make sure nothing goes astray, or do you just have x amount on your stars account and transfer him a certain amount each week or just keep him updated? Does Sharkscope differ much with your records? It can be way off when you play a lot of rebuys. The difference between my SS and my actual this month is relatively small @ $415 but i've seen it into 4 figures at times

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                  Good luck with rest of the months grind chips. Going ok so far. What kind of journal/account do you keep with your backer to make sure nothing goes astray, or do you just have x amount on your stars account and transfer him a certain amount each week or just keep him updated? Does Sharkscope differ much with your records? It can be way off when you play a lot of rebuys. The difference between my SS and my actual this month is relatively small @ $415 but i've seen it into 4 figures at times
                                                                  basically just updating everyday and using audits when doing profit chops to make sure everything is in order, yeah SS can differ at times but thats where the audits would help out really

Comment

chips,i understand u being happy about tryin to play 1000 games in a month,
                                                                    but isnt it more important how much actual money you invest rather than games
                                                                    how much do you spend on buy-ins on an average week? thanks and gl

Comment

Hi Chips,

What would the min/max buyin be for mtts with a bankroll of 8k.

Thanks and GL

Comment

big FT fun 3/9 i the hot 55 10k+ up top

Comment

big FT fun 3/9 i the hot 55 10k+ up top
                                                                          Gl chips could be outta make up tonight

Comment

blah 3rd for 5.7k after trying to get more in a deal

PokerStars Tournament #814582721, No Limit Hold'em
                                                                            Buy-In: $50.00/$5.00 USD
                                                                            1214 players
                                                                            Total Prize Pool: $60700.00 USD
                                                                            Tournament started 2013/11/15 20:30:00 WET [2013/11/15 15:30:00 ET]

Dear chips1234,

You finished the tournament in 3rd place. A USD 5,766.50 award has been credited to your Real Money account.

You earned 543.37 tournament leader points in this tournament. For information about our tournament leader board, see our web site at http://www.pokerstars.com/poker/tour.../leader-board/

Congratulations!

Thank you for participating.

out of mu for .com at least still some left over on .fr

Comment

#98
                                                                              not out of MU yet still some left on .fr might possibly chop profit and use most of the chop as starting BR and finsh off .fr then will update better later on

Comment

#99
                                                                                Nice run.

What was your thinking behind limping SB 3-handed?

Comment

Chips you're flying it gl.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                                    Nice run.

What was your thinking behind limping SB 3-handed?
                                                                                    limp fire any two on any flop basically works well

Comment

Very interesting/inspiring read, thanks for being so open about it all.

Comment

...
                                                                                        Last edited by DeadParrot; 21-11-13, 17:00. Reason: Snipped. I'm not 100% happy about doxxing people here, everyone can follow the 2+2 link if they want

Comment

Update...

Post 41105391 -Poker discussion forum with over 500,000 members and 100 different poker forums. Learn poker strategy & sharpen your poker skills for tournament poker, texas hold 'em, five card draw, omaha hi lo, seven card stud and more plus talk poker TV, and dozens of other topics.

Comment

I worked with him at a club down in Waterford. Good dealer, seemed a sound enough chap.

Comment

Originally posted by sgtbilko77 View Post
                                                                                              serious allegations here chips from what seems to be a well known backer who claims to have plenty of proof. whether its true or not this needs to be cleared up. i find it hard to believe considering how honest and open u have been. hope its some sort of mis understanding
                                                                                              MTT Calender 2015

Comment

serious allegations here chips from what seems to be a well known backer who claims to have plenty of proof. whether its true or not this needs to be cleared up. i find it hard to believe considering how honest and open u have been. hope its some sort of mis understanding
                                                                                                I have been backed by the same person for most of this year and have no reason not to beleive what i've been told.Yes I too was surprised upon hearing this today as it just didn't fit. Contact has been made between chips and the backer and some of the funds have been recovered.Hopefully this can be cleared up quickly and I think it was a moment of madness that led to this rather than a calculated attempt to steal!

Comment

well to the guy who got ripped apart when asked why if hes up 50k then why is he still backed
                                                                                                  guess this would explain it somewhat ,is every gambler a pos ?
                                                                                                  pay the man his money chips

Comment

Dont know either party involved but think we should give chips 24hr to reply before we tarnish his rep
                                                                                                    PB

Comment

Wow some mad accusations there which all seem to be true going on the 2plus2 thread, mad stuff, didn't think we had people like that on here even though there was someone a bit back. Really hope there is some misunderstanding as I really took chips advice on board and followed his log.

Comment

So this is all true as chips is making attempts to pay back the cash, don't know what to think of him after this tbh, it's not good anyway.

Comment

good at poker bad at brm
                                                                                                          if he pays it back then fair enough mistake made say sorry move on, maybe even the backer wont drop him MAYBE
                                                                                                          if he doesnt pay then hes one more scumbag added to the list of scum

Comment

Originally posted by noname1255 View Post
                                                                                                            good at poker bad at brm
                                                                                                            if he pays it back then fair enough mistake made say sorry move on, maybe even the backer wont drop him MAYBE
                                                                                                            if he doesnt pay then hes one more scumbag added to the list of scum
                                                                                                            Stealing money (twice) is not bad BRM, do me a favour.

Neither does paying back when caught undo the act.

Comment

I still cant understand this. Let me see if i have this right.
                                                                                                              You have been staked for the last few years and as part of the deal you recieved coaching. Have bocome a pretty decent player and are just about to finish being staked to go it alone.
                                                                                                              But for some reason you decide to take your backers money and do a runner. your backer has all the details he needs to track you and or your family down. That about right?

Not only have you damaged to your reputation on irishpokerboards and in the poker community. This will stick with you forever, you only need to google your name and you will see the threads on 2+2 and pocketfives about you stealing money.

Would imagine family and or friends have been dragged into this and would have a different view of you being involved in poker in future

What the hell were you thinking??
                                                                                                              MTT Calender 2015

Comment

Just wondering since your back playing and posting.....anything to say?
                                                                                                                The silence was deafening
                                                                                                                MTT Calender 2015

Comment

Just wondering since your back playing and posting.....anything to say?
                                                                                                                  The silence was deafening
                                                                                                                  already talked about in the BBV everything is fine im playing for the same backer as i always was made drunken mistakes my backers got over it. thats pretty much it tbh.

edit: might even get this thread going again depending on opinions if anyone wants to read it.

Comment

already talked about in the BBV everything is fine im playing for the same backer as i always was made drunken mistakes my backers got over it. thats pretty much it tbh.

edit: might even get this thread going again depending on opinions if anyone wants to read it.
                                                                                                                    ok....only seen that now....at least you sorted it out, can understand u not wanting to post.
                                                                                                                    Might aswell get this thread going too would be intrested to see how things turn ....was an intresting thread.....GL
                                                                                                                    MTT Calender 2015

Comment

ok....only seen that now....at least you sorted it out, can understand u not wanting to post.
                                                                                                                      Might aswell get this thread going too would be intrested to see how things turn ....was an intresting thread.....GL
                                                                                                                      will decide later on the thread might start a new one, been grinding non stop lately on since 7 last night and going straight through the day 3 ft's and 1 win so far only small ones that go on during the night though.

i have been posting in the bbv mostly but been playing so much lately i barely even been looking at forums.

Comment

I hope you decide to continue this thread, or a newer version of it. You were open and informative about poker, and while it [poker] may not be the primary reason to come on this site anymore there is still huge interest in it.

I'm glad you're handling the 'other' thing - making a mistake and then manning up and fixing it is to your credit.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                        X