Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Asking for an All In stack count

Blinds/Stacks are irrelevant but it's 6k/12k

UTG shoves for 146k and action is folded to the SB. While he's tanking, the BB asks 'How Much?'

UTG comments straight away that the BB shouldn't ask until the action gets to him because he's now influencing the action because the SB knows he has interest in the hand (He has J5o so had no interest btw) and killed his action. SB folds and the dealer backs up that the BB should wait.

Is there a rule, or is it just an etiquette thing? Should UTG also keep quite during the hand as he could be making his hand appear stronger than it is by commenting?

Not sure about a ruling but as far as etiquette goes it's very bad form imo. As bad as folding out of turn in similar spot imho.

Comment

Watching C4 last night i see.

Etiquette thing, not against any rules afaik.

As far as UTG then commenting, I dont think he mentioned "killing his action" until they both folded. Was he not trying to act weak by commenting on the BBs question? (UTG had KK)
      Last edited by Dice75; 28-01-15, 16:23.

Comment

With BB 12k, a 146k shove (12bb) shouldn't require anyone at the table to have to ask how much. Unless its stacks of 100/500 chips, it should be quite obvious assuming they are all paying attention. Depends a lot also on the standard/level of game. Could be forgiven for a rookie but for an experienced player i think its bad form. Not sure about ruling however. Prob more of an etiquette issue.

Comment

One of my pet peeves is dealers auto counting out open shoves without being asked for a count.

Comment

Working...
          X