Irish Poker Boards
Register Arcade FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Irish Poker Boards > Poker > Poker Theory, Strategy and Rulings > Hold 'Em

Old 19-01-17, 01:35   #41
Hectorjelly

Not really although I probably should. I downloaded headspace a while ago, I'm going to try and use it for 10mins before my next few sessions.

Day 11 Starting BR $1085.

Terrible session, ran awfully. No cashes from about 21 mtts. Luckily I won a $5 omaha mtt to cover most of the losses. Ending BR $1045
Hectorjelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-17, 13:50   #42
4ofakind1489

Send a message via Skype™ to 4ofakind1489
really nice thread, best of luck with it, good too see one of these again, will definitely follow
Old 19-01-17, 13:51   #43
Irisheman

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlackRaven View Post
Do you do anything for your mental game HJ? I've been practicing meditation for a while now and the difference in my poker play when I'm consistent with my practice is like night and day.

Benefits are endless, from emotional control to discipline and also the awareness and general sharpness of mind to notice spots that you might not normally.
Seconded can really make a big difference
Irisheman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-17, 22:00   #44
Secondhand

What relaxation and meditation tips advice apps would people recommend for poker. I would be very interested to hear people's opinions on this.
Really enjoying this thread HJ.
Secondhand is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-17, 23:48   #45
Hectorjelly

Day 12 (Sat). Starting BR $1045.

Meditated for 10 mins. Played a tonne of tournaments, played well but ran bad, cashed none. Finishing BR $905.

Hoping todays entry isn't too similar!
Old 28-01-17, 03:49   #46
Hectorjelly

Day 13 Sunday Starting BR $905

Played a huge amount of tournaments, no cashes bar winning a small omaha tournament to claw back some of the buyins. Finishing BR $880
Thanks From:
Old 28-01-17, 05:08   #47
Hectorjelly

Took a few days off for various reasons, watched a few videos and reviewed a lot of hands I've played. I've been concentrating on playing as good theoretical poker as possible and not worrying about exploitive play, but from looking through the hands I've realise that at these stakes players really call far too much, I get called in a lot of spots where an aggressive move seems definitely plus chip EV, but may not be against a crazy calling range. So I'm going to tone down the aggression alot and try and exploit the fields tendency to overcall.

This hand is a good example, once the flop came up I had planned to bet three streets whether I hit or not, luckily I did but you can see from what he called me with that this line is going to be a pretty bad one against someone who calls way too much. This hand was close to the bubble.

https://www.weaktight.com/h/588c23f0...36308b4833#_=_

I mentioned this before, but I spotted quite a few hands where I shoved over someones raise where a call would be much better, even when a call should really signify a huge hand. This hand shows exactly why...

https://www.weaktight.com/h/588c2520d390435c348b45c9

I've been a member of upswing for the last month or two and learnt quite a lot, they have a very novel approach to training which I found pretty refreshing. Funnily enough though I learnt the most from watching videos of final tables on stars with no commentary. For the biggest tournaments the play tends to be close to perfect and its very interesting following the action and trying to understand some of the plays that seem at first glance counter intuitive; normally its ICM related.
Thanks From:
Old 29-01-17, 02:36   #48
Hectorjelly

Day 14 Starting BR $880

I won a omaha mtt and a few small cashes, BR up to $1050
Old 29-01-17, 09:38   #49
noname1255

exploitative all the way dont bother with trying to figure out gto its not like people are taking your range, pos ,tendencies.into account
also tighten up utg i dont think 75ss will be a long term winning open
noname1255 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-17, 14:04   #50
Hectorjelly

Regs are taking all of those things into account. I wouldn't always open 75s utg but its good to have some overall board coverage from UTG, and you almost never get played back at. 76s is a bad fold IMO
Old 29-01-17, 22:47   #51
Hectorjelly

Day 15 Starting BR $1050

16 Tournaments, 5 cashes. BR up to $1150
Old 16-03-17, 05:09   #52
Hectorjelly

A couple of people asked about this over the weekend so thought I should add a final update. I moved two hundred dollars over to Stars and immediately binked a ticket into a $82 omaha knockout MTT, I won it for about $3500 putting the online BR up to just over 5k, which seems like a fitting end. My current poker goal is to cash in a HORSE tournament. Thanks for all the posts and comments, I feel like my game improved immeasurably over the few weeks.
3 Thanks From:

Irish Poker Boards > Poker > Poker Theory, Strategy and Rulings > Hold 'Em