Deepish Tournament Hand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deepish Tournament Hand

Down to 6 and it's the first hand of the FT. Haven't played with villain in this tournament but i've just 55 hands on him and he's playing 39/17

Pretty lost in the hand on all streets tbh and not sure how bad my line is from start to finish. Thoughts?

Pot-Limit Omaha Tournament, 12500/25000 Blinds (6 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

UTG (t438051)
    MP (t117784)
    CO (t2075313)
    Button (t104935)
    SB (t774260)
    Hero (BB) (t1069657)

Hero's M: 28.52

Preflop: Hero is BB with 8, 7, 6, 6
    4 folds, SB calls t12500, Hero checks

Flop: (t50000) K, 6, 9 (2 players)
    SB bets t50000, Hero calls t50000

Turn: (t150000) Q (2 players)
    SB bets t62500, Hero calls t62500

River: (t275000) Q (2 players)
    SB bets t125000, Hero calls t125000

Total pot: t525000

Flatting pre is fine. Decent hand on flop, although the top your straight completes a lot of bigger ones also.

Q is a pretty bad turn. TBH i think I auto-call it, but its marginal imo. This is the decision point imo.
    After calling turn I always call river, you've the worst house possible. But its good enough for the req'd one in 3 times.

Comment

Personally,
      I'm raising preflop, I'm raising flop, flatting turn and raising river.
      Overhouses is such a small part of his range.
      We can discount KKxx pretty much straight away.
      99xx is the only hand we fear, KQxx, you would assume would raise bvb unless the remainder is a bag of absolute spanners. Q6xx, well thats just a cooler, but wft is he completing with?

The question is, if you had 8h, are you pumping the flop?

I might be advocating a high variance play but raising the flop allows you to play perfect here.
      I'm going broke by the river the way this hand went
      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

+1 on raising flop 100% of the time here
        Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
          Personally,
          I'm raising preflop, I'm raising flop, flatting turn and raising river.
          Overhouses is such a small part of his range.
          We can discount KKxx pretty much straight away.
          How can we discount KKxx?
          Because he flated PF. There is defo a >0% chance he does that with KK BvB imo.
          The SB has put money in at every chance after that.

Comment

Normally i raise preflop, but it's the first hand of the final table and the 3 guys that joined my table are the SB and the 2 guys on just over 100k. The chippie is also a fish fwiw, and i'm sitting in 2nd with 1m. Not sure if i want to play such a high variance hand straight off the bat with a couple of shorties so i elect to peel a flop

If i raise the flop and he flats, there's a lot of cards that can hit the turn that i hate and would be unsure where i stand if he leads into me. With the nuts changing on all streets, i'm calling the turn knowing if i house up, it will be a weak house but i'm in better shape to play the river.

If he checks, i defo value bet more than he bet, but i'm not sure if the river is ever a raise because he shouldn't really be calling me with worse. Defo open to raise/get it in on the flop though if it's the right play. If he flats a 200k or so raise, he's only a PSB on the turn anyway

Comment

Prefer the flat pre.
              I'm 100% raising big on that flop and getting it in if necessary.
              As played I think I've gotta call on the end. I doubt you'll get paid off by flushes/straights so no point in value raising either but there's more than a fair chance your good so maybe we should be clicking it back (certainly wouldn't hate the click it back/fold to a shove).

Comment

I raise pre, checking back is fine tho. Raise flop, flat turn and flat river as played.

@DP OTR we have an underfull doubt he'll call with worse here

Comment

Cheers for the response lads. This is how it played out fwiw

Pot-Limit Omaha Tournament, 12500/25000 Blinds (6 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

UTG (t438051)
                  MP (t117784)
                  CO (t2075313)
                  Button (t104935)
                  SB (t774260)
                  Hero (BB) (t1069657)

Hero's M: 28.52

Preflop: Hero is BB with 8, 7, 6, 6
                  4 folds, SB calls t12500, Hero checks

Flop: (t50000) K, 6, 9 (2 players)
                  SB bets t50000, Hero calls t50000

Turn: (t150000) Q (2 players)
                  SB bets t62500, Hero calls t62500

River: (t275000) Q (2 players)
                  SB bets t125000, Hero calls t125000

Total pot: t525000

Results:
                  SB had 6, Q, K, A (full house, Queens over Kings).
                  Hero had 8, 7, 6, 6 (full house, sixes over Queens).
                  Outcome: SB won t525000

Comment

Would prob be raising the preflop or on the flop myself, but the reasons you gave for not doing so are fairly legit. Would play turn and river the exact same as you did, just unlucky.

Comment

Originally posted by Tremolo1 View Post
                      I raise pre, checking back is fine tho. Raise flop, flat turn and flat river as played.

@DP OTR we have an underfull doubt he'll call with worse here
                      sorry yeah getting back to that.
                      I pretty much meant I'd have all my chips in the middle by the river.
                      As the hand played out, it's unlikely that villain was folding on any street here, so FD's cautionary approach worked well
                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Working...
                      X