Opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opinions

Saw this in the Fitz EOM FT last night & curious as to what ruling you'd give.....

Blinds 5/10k (I think)

7 left.

Not sure of positions

(Seat 1) raises to 30k, folded around to player (IPBer) who announces all-in and pushes chips forward (31k).

Back to Seat 1 who doesn't seem to be paying attention and says "nah, I'll let you have it" & throws KJo face up in front of dealer. Most people not paying attention & a bit of chatting going on so I'm not sure who heard what he said.

IPBer turns over 66 but I think has kinda copped to whats going on. Dealer goes to put cards side by side & says "its only 1k more" as does another player at the table. I think other player has realised Seat 1 was trying to fold & wants a bustout (cant be sure - but decent money jumps).

IPBer says nothing (but I think kinda wanted to) & hand runs out with J high to bust him. Nothing is said.

Questions are -

A) Should I have said something? no
    B) If it had of been argued by IPBer would you back them up or say nothing? I would say what I heard despite wanting a bustout
    C) What do you think the ruling would be? God knows

Edit - in fairness to dealer I don't think she was listening to Seat 1 when he spoke as everyone obviously was anticipating a call.

Although its only a 9bb pot, ave stack is probably only 22bbs so with money on offer its still significant.
    Last edited by Dice75; 27-07-12, 13:29.

table should have been flipped at the injustice.
    Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

A) I'd probably say something
      B) I would have mucked without showing. In all honesty if I knew them I would back them up
      C) IPB'r wins the hand rules are rules and the hand was clearly folded

Comment

You have answered all the questions correctly yourself.
        Unfortunately I've heard this kind of situation getting different ruling in the Fitz.

If I had been IPB'er (LOL FT of EOM , unlikely ) I'd have kicked up a fuss
        but I would never ever have flipped the 66. If I had some compelling reason for showing it would have been after the chips were stacked.
        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
          You have answered all the questions correctly yourself.
          Unfortunately I've heard this kind of situation getting different ruling in the Fitz.

If I had been IPB'er (LOL FT of EOM , unlikely ) I'd have kicked up a fuss
          but I would never ever have flipped the 66. If I had some compelling reason for showing it would have been after the chips were stacked.
          It was only after he flipped them over (assuming a call for the extra 1k as did everyone else - Seat 1 had 200k) that I think he realised something was amiss. If i see him this weekend I'll ask him to comment. Again I'm not 100% he did fully realise what was going on.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
            It was only after he flipped them over (assuming a call for the extra 1k as did everyone else - Seat 1 had 200k) that I think he realised something was amiss. If i see him this weekend I'll ask him to comment. Again I'm not 100% he did fully realise what was going on.
            What were you doing at the FT anyway?

Bah, the IPBer shipped his 3 bbs fully expecting a race, don't think this is that bad really. Original raiser could equally have meant 'you're ahead'?
            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Where did you finish Dice?

Comment

Heh, just seen who the IPBer was. I'd say he took it well anyhow.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                  What were you doing at the FT anyway?

Bah, the IPBer shipped his 3 bbs fully expecting a race, don't think this is that bad really. Original raiser could equally have meant 'you're ahead'?
                  100% not, he intended to fold not realising how much the all-in was for imo.

Saying he expected a race, yes, but getting a 40% average stack in a €30k tourney is far more preferable in my mind without taking a 50/50 for an extra 1k chip.

Comment

Saying he expected a race, yes, but getting a 40% average stack in a €30k tourney is far more preferable in my mind without taking a 50/50 for an extra 1k chip.
                    true, I don't think I'd be annoyed myself though.

I certainly wouldn't say anything in your spot!

Comment

I was seat 2 and I read it a little differently. I was sure seat 1 thought the 'IPBer' shove was less than his initial raise and was flipping his cards for a showdown expecting to be dominated/behind hence his "I'll let you have it" comment. It was only then it was pointed out that he needed to stick in another 1k chip for the call. I do agree it was all very strange though.
                      Last edited by PokerPiper; 27-07-12, 14:28.

Comment

Originally posted by PokerPiper View Post
                        I was seat 2 and I read it a little differently. I was sure seat 1 thought the 'IPBer' shove was less than his initial raise and was flipping his cards for a showdown expecting to be dominated/behind hence his "I'll let you have it" comment. It was only then it was pointed out that he needed to stick in another 1k chip for the call. I do agree it was all very strange though.
                        Maybe, it was the look on his face that made me think differently.

Also the reach for his cards.

Suppose we'll never know.

Comment

Originally posted by PokerPiper View Post
                          'I'll let you have it' means, 'I'm folding' 100% of the time. lol @ Seat 1 not even being aware of the stack size and just folding to any raise. Sounds like a dream. IMO, it boils down to the old chestnut of whether the dealer should announce the total of the allin bet and make the other player aware. Seat 1 folded, IPBer wins the pot and Seat 1 should feel a bit silly for not paying attention. 1k more? What if it was 5k, 12k or 22k more? They should obviously all be calls but if Seat 1 decides to fold, fair play to him. Give the other guy the chips and move on

Comment

lol 3x opening, everything else seems in order

Comment

Misread the thread title as "onions", expected something else. Carry on

Comment

Working...
                              X