Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
    If you're gonna win it, win it the hard way.

What's the point otherwise.
    Bobby RObsons England were deemed a success, they won nothing. It's all relative. The British will herald a semi final as an achievement , cite the youth in the Squad and will hype the next tourny accordingly. Sure South Korea were Euphoric just beating the Germans. Anyhoo, the Simpsons said Mexico v Portugal in the Final of 2018 so tis all moot

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
      Had a gaa friendly on Tuesday evening and the ref came out with a banger you'd be proud of. We're cruising along, up by about 10 points with 20 minutes played. We get awarded a dubious line ball and one or two of their players lose the rag over it. Ref ignores it and carries on.

Into second half and the lads are still getting spanked and are wound up now. Few hits going in. We give it back, one of their lads goes down holding every part of his body and they all screaming at the ref.

He just turns round and says here this isn't soccer, get up and play and if ye wanna give out there's the gate. Good luck.

Met with cheers and laughter even from the other team. Need more refs like him imo
      One of my favourites, when someone is moaning about a decision, is to say "sure we can watch it on Match of the Day later and see were you right".

Follow up with a wink.

Ironically enough I'd say I card twice as many players from my own club.
      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by mocata View Post
        Tapas handy for kids, market bar,porthouse,tapas de Lola
        +1 to market bar for kids. Plenty of room for them to run around.

Comment

Final bump lads I promise, I'll be taking it down this evening.

Feel free to send it to anyone you like....

Create and publish online surveys in minutes, and view results graphically and in real time. SurveyMonkey provides free online questionnaire and survey software.

Comment

New manager at arsenals first transfer decisions:

Sign a keeper, a right back and a lump of a centre back
            + Let Wilshire leave on a free

So I wonder what he thinks the problem is

Comment

Originally posted by brady23 View Post
              Final bump lads I promise, I'll be taking it down this evening.

Feel free to send it to anyone you like....

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/S8N8MVZ
              Are the hands cash or tournament?
              Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Had a gaa friendly on Tuesday evening and the ref came out with a banger you'd be proud of. We're cruising along, up by about 10 points with 20 minutes played. We get awarded a dubious line ball and one or two of their players lose the rag over it. Ref ignores it and carries on.

Into second half and the lads are still getting spanked and are wound up now. Few hits going in. We give it back, one of their lads goes down holding every part of his body and they all screaming at the ref.

He just turns round and says here this isn't soccer, get up and play and if ye wanna give out there's the gate. Good luck.

Met with cheers and laughter even from the other team. Need more refs like him imo
                Whenever some county team tries to kidnap the ref we shout "hey lads it's not the gaa" and everyone laughs...

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                  Are the hands cash or tournament?
                  That's gonna be a limitation mentioned how differences in ICM influence MTT players, perceived edge vs opponents etc. They're taken direct from a study that doesn't specify. Probably gonna do some sort of test of of rationality between those who prefer cash to MTT

Comment

Ronnie Whelan really is the miserablists miserablist!

Comment

Dunphy: "The question is what will the Belgian manager think about making a Tinder date with Brazil, you wouldn't want to swipe right for that"

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                        Huh? I said Japan were lucky because they only won their opener becuase they played the whole game against 10 men Colombia. Therefore agreeing Senegal were unlucky.
                        ...Ignore...I completely read your message wrong, apologies lol...

Comment

Feeling angry, upset and embittered. By the fact we don't have food trucks here.

Why the hell not?

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                            Feeling angry, upset and embittered. By the fact we don't have food trucks here.

Why the hell not?
                            There's a few floating about but they'll usually be in shifting locations like festivals and recurring markets. Big fan of lala poutine

Comment

Lack of density? That traveling food market is probably as good as you'll get here

Comment

Why the hell not?
                                Health and safety authorities too strict here apparently is a lot of it.
                                airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                  Health and safety authorities too strict here apparently is a lot of it.
                                  It can't be that hard to keep it legal, probably bit looser in UK but was talking to a chef mate about a burger truck a few years ago and neither of us was sweating about cleanliness

Comment

Man I wish we had a tenth of the markets/food trucks they have in London here. I'm probably gonna move there just for food.

Comment

Why the hell not?
                                      There's a few down around my way. Greystones has a couple doing burritos and pizzas and even kilcoole has one doing crepes.

They seem to all travel around the festivals and markets instead of picking an area to stick to unfortunately.

Comment

My "Fooddar" must be set all wrong

I never get overly impressed by what others rave about and have usually been fairly put off by what most would call average

Its probably a good thing but I do seem to miss out on the simple pleasure of being made happy by a simple oul salad

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                          Man I wish we had a tenth of the markets/food trucks they have in London here. I'm probably gonna move there just for food.
                                          Smithfield fruit market is being converted Into a Lisbon style market
                                          airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by CHDog View Post
                                            There's a few down around my way. Greystones has a couple doing burritos and pizzas and even kilcoole has one doing crepes.

They seem to all travel around the festivals and markets instead of picking an area to stick to unfortunately.
                                            Ha! You live in Hipsterland.

Crepes and pizzas though....that's depressing. Funked-up Mexican or seafood, I could get down with that.

Comment

The standard of food truck in LA was incredible.Food is one of the few industries that isn't a dead man walking from internet based business, big difference in Tax take/Rent/Rates and circular cash flow from having an actual premises vs a van.
                                              Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                                              https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

With so many of us with heart problems, just want to get your thoughts on this.

A woman I know, who is in her 50's. Had High Blood pressure due to family history is what she said. Been on meds 20 years for it.

Met a woman into one of those MLM's Synergy Worldwide. This company promotes Heart health supplements etc.

Now, I queried with her the safety of this. I asked her if she was off her BP meds. She said she was. She has a pic of her BP that she does every morning. I asked her if she saw her Dr before coming off the meds and she came back with basically she monitors herself all the time and is fine.

My understanding of BP was that in the morning, due to not eating/osmosis etc that your BP is naturally lower anyway? I have had mine taken countless times in the morning and been good. But I still would not have come off meds for it because of it. I have had countless 24h monitors done and had some crazy spikes. I know I have an issue with my BP!

So, are these companies dangerous? upon googling, the guy who founded the company isn't even a Dr! Imagine I had got roped into this and as testing my BP and it seemed ok at those times. I would maybe have thrown away my meds. But the truth is, I STILL have a narrow artery (I see the Cardiologist tomorrow argghhhh) I would have thought I was fine when I clearly wasn't.

I am a known hater of all these MLM companies. Despise them with a passion. But one that says you can throw away heart meds? that scares me!

Comment

Originally posted by mocata View Post
                                                  The standard of food truck in LA was incredible.Food is one of the few industries that isn't a dead man walking from internet based business, big difference in Tax take/Rent/Rates and circular cash flow from having an actual premises vs a van.
                                                  plus I imagine tax paid is....discretionary

Comment

Comment

Looking to lease a parking spot just off baggot/pembroke street for 9 months.
                                                      Anyone any experience on what is the best website to use?

Comment

Why the hell not?
                                                        eat yard at the Bernard Shaw is pretty good if you cant stand the hipster content
                                                        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

OK I'm gonna say it, its too fucking hot.

Upside is i must have sweated out at least half a stone last night so should be able to squeeze into a suit to watch Sickpuppy walk the plank today. Will be seeking a lot of shade....

ROAD TRIP.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post

Upside is i must have sweated out at least half a stone last night so should be able to squeeze into a suit to watch Sickpuppy walk the plank today. Will be seeking a lot of shade....

ROAD TRIP.
                                                            Give the bride our deepest sympathies.

SPOILER
                                                            Only kidding, enjoy the day Mick!

Comment

Good luck Mick, hope she turns up!. Maybe time for a BBV thread title update?

Comment

Congrats to the happy couple, very best wishes for many years of happiness.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                                                  But one that says you can throw away heart meds? that scares me!
                                                                  Whats so bad about taking the meds? I thought they were fairly low impact in terms of side effects

Comment

Whats so bad about taking the meds? I thought they were fairly low impact in terms of side effects
                                                                    are we talking about the same thing? Someone taking an MLM company product and not taking prescribed blood pressure tablets? and without consulting their GP?

Comment

Best of luck Mick, enjoy the day, weather gods obv got the invite.
                                                                      I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Ate from a lot of food trucks but the very best of the lot was the Bacardi mojito truck down on the quays.

Day like this, big silver American bus converted with a bar one end and a DJ the other, banging out Cuban salsa, al fresco tables and chairs by the river. Awesome.

Comment

are we talking about the same thing? Someone taking an MLM company product and not taking prescribed blood pressure tablets? and without consulting their GP?
                                                                          Yeah, I'm asking why they wouldn't just take the meds?

Comment

People being susceptible to the charms of snake oil salesmen isn't exactly a new thing.
                                                                            It's probably gotten worse in internet times though.

Comment

Good luck Mick, hope she turns up!. Maybe time for a BBV thread title update?
                                                                              Too nice out to make a romany pun so straight congrats
                                                                              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                              Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                              https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

The heat seems to have cracked the ice cream man in Tralee. Drove his van through the locked gates of the church in town centre and straight through the front door. I imagine Lazare just jizzed all over the keyboard

Comment

The heat seems to have cracked the ice cream man in Tralee. Drove his van through the locked gates of the church in town centre and straight through the front door. I imagine Lazare just jizzed all over the keyboard
                                                                                  I screamed.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post

ROAD TRIP.
                                                                                    Only 13 degrees here, but fuck feels like 4 degrees. Fucking freeezing.
                                                                                    No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

The last couple of pages from the Tesla thread on 2p2 are amazing.

Musk keeping the company going through sheer force of lies/pr/delusion.

Even managed to sell this tent of people hand making cars as a positive thing

Comment

Would-be Model 3 owners already put down a $1,000 refundable deposit to “reserve” one of Tesla’s Model 3s. Those reservation holders must pay an additional $2,500 to turn their reservations into an order, at which point the original $1,000 deposit goes toward the overall payment for the car. Buyers can cancel their orders within three days for a full refund, the company confirmed, but after that their money is Tesla’s for good.
                                                                                        If reservation holders place an order they must pay an additional $2,500-- but they won't get a delivery date.
                                                                                        Just amazing.

Comment

Googled that ice cream van thing.

How on earth is it possible for an article like this to get published?

Edit.. They've edited it, badly, see below.
                                                                                          Last edited by Lazare; 29-06-18, 11:54.

Comment

Best of luck to Mick & Mrs , many years of happiness and a few puppies. Please don't wear that Rugby Jersey on the day. On 2nd thoughts.....

Comment

https://www.irishmirror.ie/news/iris...ralee-12818954
                                                                                              I tweeted them asking was the article written by someone who's just started learning English and they've edited it. Badly.

Here's the original..

A vehicle drove into a Catholic church in Tralee, Co Kerry on Thursday causing damager.

It was driven though locked gates going into St John’s Church on Castle Street after 9pm and through the front doors.

The van went locked gates of St John’s Church Tralee on Thursday night.

It has caused serious damage to both sets of doors which are shut to the public.

Thankfully, nobody was hurt in the incident and there wasn't anybody in the church was locked at the time.

A man was arrested under the mental health act and is being treated by mental health services.

St John’s Catholic Church is a well know landmarks and is near the town park.

Masses haven't been affected, mass goers have been asked to use the side door.

Fr Francis Nolan of St. John’s Parish told Radio Kerry they are shocked that it happened and that they are glad they nobody has been hurt.

Gardai are investigating.

He added that thoughts and prayers are with anyone affected by the incident.

Comment

Brainwashed I guess. She thinks the suppliments have cured her high BP. I did talk her into getting a 24h monitor, but whether she does it is anyone's guess.

Comment

@portlaoise lads

Any decent pub near omoore park with bookies next door? Ideally parking too. U17 match so won't be big crowd. Ta

Comment

https://www.irishmirror.ie/news/iris...ralee-12818954
                                                                                                    So i read the edited version, and it's still that woeful??

I work as content manager for our company and we have 30+ freelancers on the books that cover most of our top priority sites. I've successfully got rid of a lot the garbage, but it's madness to see what some people send in once they get their feet under the table, or when they are applying for a position.

I've had maybe 10 different people apply in the past 10 days, and i gave 3 or 4 of them a trial article to do. You would be amazed at the garbage they send back, especially when they know it's going to be scrutinized. 90% of gaming websites are full of garbage content so they don't even try anymore!

Now, i know my writing is full of mistakes half the time, but you can guarantee that if i'm applying for a writing position that could make me a LOT of money, then i'm going to make sure i've read the piece a couple of times and put it through Grammarly or something!

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                                                      but you can guarantee that if i'm applying for a writing position that could make me a LOT of money, then i'm going to make sure i've read the piece a couple of times and put it through Grammarly or something!
                                                                                                      A lot of money you say?

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                                                        So i read the edited version, and it's still that woeful??

I work as content manager for our company and we have 30+ freelancers on the books that cover most of our top priority sites. I've successfully got rid of a lot the garbage, but it's madness to see what some people send in once they get their feet under the table, or when they are applying for a position.

I've had maybe 10 different people apply in the past 10 days, and i gave 3 or 4 of them a trial article to do. You would be amazed at the garbage they send back, especially when they know it's going to be scrutinized. 90% of gaming websites are full of garbage content so they don't even try anymore!

Now, i know my writing is full of mistakes half the time, but you can guarantee that if i'm applying for a writing position that could make me a LOT of money, then i'm going to make sure i've read the piece a couple of times and put it through Grammarly or something!
                                                                                                        How is your publication with regard to grammerless poetical directionless tangent riddled mindscapes?

Comment

I tweeted them asking was the article written by someone who's just started learning English and they've edited it. Badly.

Here's the original..
                                                                                                          If you read it in a Kerry accent it reads very

Comment

Geezer geezer geezer!

Actor calls former prime minister a 'twat' twice during discussion on ITV's Good Evening Britain about Cameron's role in the EU referendum, and describes Bre...

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                                                                                              Hate that fawking accent with a passion.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                                                The last couple of pages from the Tesla thread on 2p2 are amazing.

Musk keeping the company going through sheer force of lies/pr/delusion.

Even managed to sell this tent of people hand making cars as a positive thing

Are u shorting it Denny?
                                                                                                                ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                                                                  New place for your sort not so far away from you

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                                                                                                    Are u shorting it Denny?
                                                                                                                    Hasn't been an easy time for shorts so far. Think there's better ways of playing it than just short selling.

Find it so fascinating, just shows that humans are never gonna learn.

As well, you can fully know that it's going busto and still lose out with the wrong approach, Enron kept going a long time after the cracks were exposed. Elon has to do everything to keep the plates spinning as he's borrowed so much against them, won't take much of a downward move for the margin call to come.
                                                                                                                    Last edited by Denny Crane; 29-06-18, 15:58.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                                                      Man it's just the worst email service ever. Just basic stuff like not prioritising emails sent directly to you rather than all-staff emails that happen to include the recipient. Standard tech that Gmail has been doing for a million years.
                                                                                                                      That potentially cost me money, bit of a disagreement about something in work, thankfully had another source to rely. Mad situation that hasn't been resolved, in fact the other two people messed me around until they left for holidays today for two weeks. I'm really going to have full morale and focus until their return.

Good learning for the future. Do a full Comey for everything work related, and check other people's holidays. The perils of never having worked in a normal office or been exposed to the politics therein.

Comment

Originally posted by Ed View Post
                                                                                                                        A lot of money you say?
                                                                                                                        For sure

If you can write slot reviews, casino reviews, sales copy and other commercial and evergreen content, there's some good €€€€ to be made!

Comment

...Just read about the ban on certain uses of water...Things like washing cars , filling pools with hose etc...Laughed when I read it...Apparently using 5 million litres above the 610 million litres we can produce in a day...Imagine if we had of had to pay for it...

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X