Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any recommendations for lunch spots in paris? heading there tomorrow for a few days

Comment

McDonalds

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
            I see asylum seekers are now allowed to work with no restrictions. That's brilliant. To some extent it's the end of direct provision.
            It's excellent news. Charlie Flanagan seems to be hitting all the right notes lately.

Must say I've been really impressed with Fine Gael's performance over the last maybe twelve months.

Comment

I missed that. Fantastic news, prouder to be Irish by the day in the face of all the horrible shite going on elsewhere in the world
              airport, lol

Comment

Just watched swinging safari.

Great Craic. Really enjoyable mayhem. Indie comedy based in Australian suburbia in the 70s, with amongst others Guy Pearce and Kylie Minogue.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                  It's excellent news. Charlie Flanagan seems to be hitting all the right notes lately.

Must say I've been really impressed with Fine Gael's performance over the last maybe twelve months.
                  Actually just to add to this, I think really all the parties have done well recently. The C&S agreement has forced Fianna Fail to grow up a bit, while Brexit has seen pretty much everyone singing from the same hymn sheet. The 8th ref had a similar conciliatory effect.

This has been very heartening, as it's clear from the UK and US in particular that absolutely nothing is more septic than a drum-beating, polarised, adversarial political landscape.

It would be great to think that for all the self-flagellation the Irish do about the electorate that we seem to be all in a rush moving to a stage where we could get beyond shouting 'Blueshirt' and 'where are the bodies' at one another. You wouldn't know what we could manage then.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                      I missed that. Fantastic news, prouder to be Irish by the day in the face of all the horrible shite going on elsewhere in the world
                      Was it not essentially forced on the government by the courts who ruled the ban unconstitutional?

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                        Was it not essentially forced on the government by the courts who ruled the ban unconstitutional?
                        I haven't read at all to be honest maybe so. It's nice to see our country progress rather than wind back like a lot of others regardless. We'll all be legally stoned up next.
                        airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                          Fake news, I've just been in there picking up a drill bit and no sign exists.
                          LOL

Stella is one of the family and AFAIK does the marketing so I'd say she's either printing it off, or not bothered to because they don't have a big enough stock of fans
                          Its a great shop, you don't mind paying their prices for the quality stock they keep.
                          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Well I mean it's clearly photoshopped, assumed it was just supposed to be for the tweet
                            airport, lol

Comment

Well I mean it's clearly photoshopped, assumed it was just supposed to be for the tweet
                              This verb is fast going the way of "taping". A relic of a bygone era.
                              This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                              All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                              The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Comment

So a goal for Germany and the whole thing gets decided based on yellow cards?
                                  A game of Hungry Hungry Hippos I think.
                                  "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Seems historically apt for ze Germans to be getting defeated in Russia.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                      Seems historically apt for ze Germans to be getting defeated in Russia.
                                      Never write off the Koreans

Comment

This VAR is awesome for excitement.

S Korea score 1 min into 6 min injury time. Flag goes up so they plan for a minute. They then go to VAR, and it's ruled to come off Toni Kross to a S Korean player, so the goals stands. Queue huge celebrations for Mexico!

Neuer joins the attack a few mins later, and Koreans score an open goal to go 2-0 up. Mad Ted!

Comment

Last time Germany went out at this stage was 1938. Oh dear not again.

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                            This VAR is awesome for excitement.

S Korea score 1 min into 6 min injury time. Flag goes up so they plan for a minute. They then go to VAR, and it's ruled to come off Toni Kross to a S Korean player, so the goals stands. Queue huge celebrations for Mexico!

Neuer joins the attack a few mins later, and Koreans score an open goal to go 2-0 up. Mad Ted!
                                            You are supposed to commit a deliberate mistake ie have control of the ball, not bounce off your legs

I thought the Korean was onside at first and thought they gave it for that

Comment

Sauerkrauts
                                              airport, lol

Comment

Listen to Dekmantel Podcast 184 - DâM-FunK by dekmantel #np on #SoundCloud
                                                Every mix in our series is special for different reasons, but there’s no denying that a new one from DâM-FunK will always turn heads. The multi-talented American DJ, musician and vocalist is a one man

Best mix ive heard in a long time. Stones throw guy dam funk, summer music with something for everyone
                                                airport, lol

Comment

Comment

Inherited a nasty eye bug from the kid. Which he in turn passed onto wife, leaving me as his now second victim. Went into the pharmacist and she goes: yeah that's the second thing as Max (kid) and your wife had. She looks up their prescription and issues me with the same eye antibiotics to save the doctor visit. Glory be to the friendly local pharmacist.
                                                    Same as the kid?

If you say so

Comment

Serbia goal on the break and park the bus to continue the shocks?

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                        Serbia goal on the break and park the bus to continue the shocks?
                                                        It's looking more and more like footballs coming home
                                                        airport, lol

Comment

to Croatia yeah

Comment

Comment

In Soccer - In most leagues/comps, is there a reason official lineups are not released till 60 mins before kick-off?

Is there an embargo or something?

Comment

Actually was speaking a while ago to a guy who gets cold sores in his eyes. Said it's the most excruciating thing in the world and they happen about every four months since he was 16 or so. That sounds horrific.
                                                                Inside the nose is sorer but on your back as shingles is the worst, and as if it wasn't bad enough I see this week some research is correlating herpes virus with Alzheimers

Comment

Not even 3 mins in and Ronnie Whelan said 'Neymar shoulda'

Just said it again.
                                                                  I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Inherited a nasty eye bug from the kid. Which he in turn passed onto wife, leaving me as his now second victim. Went into the pharmacist and she goes: yeah that's the second thing as Max (kid) and your wife had. She looks up their prescription and issues me with the same eye antibiotics to save the doctor visit. Glory be to the friendly local pharmacist.
                                                                    Ah the joys of conjunctivitis. Finger in nose, finger in eye. Spread to family. Small Kids are just a viral spiral of infection.

Comment

52 years of hurt.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                        Inside the nose is sorer but on your back as shingles is the worst, and as if it wasn't bad enough I see this week some research is correlating herpes virus with Alzheimers
                                                                        Nose is pretty sore (that's where I get them) but they never blow up (not mine anyway) at least like on lips or eyes

Comment

Originally posted by TheJiggaman View Post
                                                                          In Soccer - In most leagues/comps, is there a reason official lineups are not released till 60 mins before kick-off?

Is there an embargo or something?
                                                                          I assume it is rules which teams proposed to try to give reduced time to the opponent to react to tactical stuff. I'm not sure why football specifically does it when others don't.

Comment

I assume it is rules which teams proposed to try to give reduced time to the opponent to react to tactical stuff. I'm not sure why football specifically does it when others don't.
                                                                            Cool - I'm trying to find an official ruling on it but can't.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                              Not even 3 mins in and Ronnie Whelan said 'Neymar shoulda'

Just said it again.
                                                                              Well, he's not allowed call him a cunt cause kids are watching!

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                                                                Well, he's not allowed call him a cunt cause kids are watching!
                                                                                He's not Ronaldo level of cuntishness but you sense he's working on it.

Comment

...

Comment

He's not Ronaldo level of cuntishness but you sense he's working on it.
                                                                                    He is a way bigger cunt than Ronaldo

Comment

He is a way bigger cunt than Ronaldo
                                                                                      Unpossible!

Comment

See the key swing vote on Supreme Court (socially liberal, fiscally conservative) has retired. America is about to become an evangelical wonderland for the coming generation. Sucks to be them, but then again this is how they voted.
                                                                                        Is that a fairly new thing, retiring from the SC? I had thought they were generally carried out feet first (frequently after several years of encroaching senility).

Also: why do their fiscal opinions make any difference?!

Comment

I like this ref in the Brazil Serbia game. Letting a few things go so the game flows and is physical but not letting it get out of hand and keeping his cards in his pocket. Actually talking to players to explain things too and they seem to accept it. Refreshing to see.

Comment

Sickener!

Comment

Brazil look to be going through the gears nicely this world cup. They're definitely a cut above any other side. Coutinho one of the few performing stars in a low standard group stage.
                                                                                              Profit before people.

Comment

Never had Anthony Kennedy down as a traitor and coward but he can just fuck off handing over the Supreme Court to racist, misogynist, warmongering ignoramuses.

Winter is coming.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                  Never had Anthony Kennedy down as a traitor and coward but he can just fuck off handing over the Supreme Court to racist, misogynist, warmongering ignoramuses.

Winter is coming.
                                                                                                  It's only America.

Comment

Sickener!
                                                                                                    And Serbia were all over them at the time too.

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

At least Kayroo is getting a break.

Not a jacket removed until after 3pm. At which point the building's internal temperature had risen to something just shy of Mordor.
                                                                                                          You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                                                          World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Fiscal, as in whether they are freemarket believers or accept some necessity for government intervention to ensure the fair economic treatment of people. That's quite a common dividing line between the two sides - e.g. Obamacare (almost fully RIP at this stage) was as much fiscal as anything else given how it was formulated. Corporate rights as citizens was another one that was largely fed from a freemarket idea that corporations have rights (which is a very particular moral perspective).
                                                                                                            Interesting slant. I still think the main battleground areas for the SC are individual rights though (abortion, torture, immigration etc).

Maybe Kayroo can enlighten us.

Comment

Interesting slant. I still think the main battleground areas for the SC are individual rights though (abortion, torture, immigration etc).

Maybe Kayroo can enlighten us.
                                                                                                              Kennedy was the third nominee that Reagan put up to the Senate in 1987. The other two nominees had failed for two rather different reasons. Robert Bork was rejected after a spectacularly bitter confirmation fight. Bork had been the man whom Nixon had finally gotten to fire the special prosecutor in the Watergate investigation (Cox?). Bork was the last man standing in the Saturday Night Massacre and was absolutely notorious for it.

The other nominee I think was outed as having smoked marijuana once and withdrew his own name from consideration.

Reagan desperately needed a win and so picked Kennedy because he was a fiscal conservative - which suited the Republican base - while being a social centre-leftist. He viewed personal liberty as a paramount virtue and railed against the encroachment of State power on individuals lives outside the strict parameters of the US Constitution. He is infamously a fan of George Orwell's writings and 1984 in particular (which I believe he has cited in a number of decisions) plays into his mindset when it comes to State authority decisions.

In essence he was the man in whom everyone could see something they liked. That's not an issue Trump actually needs to worry about. He could appoint Giuliani if he felt like it.

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                                                                                                Kennedy was the third nominee that Reagan put up to the Senate in 1987. The other two nominees had failed for two rather different reasons. Robert Bork was rejected after a spectacularly bitter confirmation fight. Bork had been the man whom Nixon had finally gotten to fire the special prosecutor in the Watergate investigation (Cox?). Bork was the last man standing in the Saturday Night Massacre and was absolutely notorious for it.

The other nominee I think was outed as having smoked marijuana once and withdrew his own name from consideration.

Reagan desperately needed a win and so picked Kennedy because he was a fiscal conservative - which suited the Republican base - while being a social centre-leftist. He viewed personal liberty as a paramount virtue and railed against the encroachment of State power on individuals lives outside the strict parameters of the US Constitution. He is infamously a fan of George Orwell's writings and 1984 in particular (which I believe he has cited in a number of decisions) plays into his mindset when it comes to State authority decisions.

In essence he was the man in whom everyone could see something they liked. That's not an issue Trump actually needs to worry about. He could appoint Giuliani if he felt like it.
                                                                                                                Thanks for the history lesson Poindexter.

The question was though more about what kind of issues come up for decision in the SC? Do fiscal matters ever get adjudicated on there? (personally I always thought budgets were a political matter and the business of Congress)

Comment

Thanks for the history lesson Poindexter.

The question was though more about what kind of issues come up for decision in the SC? Do fiscal matters ever get adjudicated on there? (personally I always thought budgets were a political matter and the business of Congress)
                                                                                                                  As a general rule matters touching on the public purse are exclusively the remit of the legislative and executive branches. However the federal elements of the Constitution do rarely require decisions on certain fiscal matters.

Today the SCOTUS deals mostly with personal liberty issues, rights based arguments, legislative and constitutional interpretation and judicial oversight issues such as whether executive orders are constitutionally sound. As far as I am aware it would only on very rare occasions deal with anything with a financial twist.

Comment

It's only America.
                                                                                                                    That's very optimistic of you!

Their wars, fiscal and fighting tend to have global effects.

The court is just about all that can keep us from tipping over into the madness of Trump ruling by edict.

Comment

Dave I couldn't answer your survey because I don't know if the sample hands are MTT or cash

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                                                          The idea of getting tickets to deliberately not use them doesn't sit well with me.
                                                                                                                          Wouldn't like to potentially deny someone a ticket who really wants to be there, and would likely get something spiritual, uplifting and generally positive from it.
                                                                                                                          Generally positive as in hitting your gut shot when you had no where near the correct odds to have made the call?
                                                                                                                          Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X