Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
    Pm me a reminder tomorrow and I'll ask somebody who would know
    Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
      As long as its clearly consensual, I don't see why that type of thing should be policed by companies or in politics (as long as they're not giving out a judgemental political message around family values). You take away co-worker opportunities, then you take away intern opportunities, what next: that you can't sleep with the babysitter? Like where will it all end?
      How French of you

Comment

Anyone martingaling the 0-0s?

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
            Anyone martingaling the 0-0s?
            Matchday 3 IMO
            Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Hey folks, where in Dublin would be the best place to source a gaming PC?

The budget for the box is 500. It is for a 13 year old.
              Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                Off to Body and Soul this weekend for my annual debauched boogie in the woods.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCKf-bjokiM
                Going too. Never met you but surely we'll meet up for a can or two. It'll have to be early in day as the both of us prob won't be able to talk later on
                Redbet at the Dublin Poker Invasion FTW

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                  Hey folks, where in Dublin would be the best place to source a gaming PC?

The budget for the box is 500. It is for a 13 year old.
                  Cheers
                  Initial reaction is 500 is going to be tight (does that include screen, keyboard, etc.?)

Best thing to do is buy online, and put up a thread on boards, as they're very good at suggesting a good build. Be very precise with your requirements and they can be very helpful bunch

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                    Initial reaction is 500 is going to be tight (does that include screen, keyboard, etc.?)

Best thing to do is buy online, and put up a thread on boards, as they're very good at suggesting a good build. Be very precise with your requirements and they can be very helpful bunch
                    I suggested to the person to hold off till its a Christmas present and make the box alone 700 and get someone to custom build. But said I would ask here anyway.

So, 500 for just the box. That is for now as a birthday present. Not sure what sort of gaming the kid will be doing. Prob fortnight or along those lines.

Comment

Originally posted by The Aul Switcharoo View Post
                      Going too. Never met you but surely we'll meet up for a can or two. It'll have to be early in day as the both of us prob won't be able to talk later on
                      I'm sure I met you at one of the IPB events? Did we share a table for a while at the one in the colossus?

Comment

The Hinterland festival in Kells is the place to be this weekend.

Comment

One for Lazare here

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Boom! Letter from EBS saying we are included in their tracker review.

Put back on ECB + 1.05% (from SVR of 3.7%) immediately and compensation (I estimate 25k) to follow.

One might drink a gin this evening.
                            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Trump might just be the best thing to happen to the USA in years...

Just not for the reasons given by any of the cunts who support him or people who claim he is not a fucktarded shitbag!

Comment

Comment

The playacting in the Arg-Croatia game is ridiculous. Ref should book a few of them.

Comment

Comment

Oh Dear...

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                        I'm sure I met you at one of the IPB events? Did we share a table for a while at the one in the colossus?
                                        After I posted I remembered we did sit beside each other at sat navs game and drank copious amounts of wine. Hence my memory was a bit hazy

Never been to body and soul. Heard it's pretty good craic anyway.
                                        Redbet at the Dublin Poker Invasion FTW

Comment

My youngest is working at B&S this weekend, I was going to have Keane or Denny freak her out but with Switchy in town I wouldn't it to her

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                            Senile oul priest. Thankfully that makes up the majority of them. Not long left.
                                            I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                              Senile oul priest. Thankfully that makes up the majority of them. Not long left.
                                              Sur aren't all the youngfellas who would have been priests in the past becoming quaers instead

Political correctness gone mad!

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                I think your Blindboy has created thousands of young mimics in this country. Shocking how many times in pubs or wherever I've heard people blatantly copy his musings on life like it's their own.
                                                Yeah, drives me mad.

As I've always said, it's a hyperreal simulacrum.

Comment

Comment

On the big assumption that Iceland can bash in a few against Nigeria then thats Argies screwed then? Man, those South American teams are either all in or all out.
                                                    The Latin temperment innit

Comment

Comment

On the big assumption that Iceland can bash in a few against Nigeria then thats Argies screwed then? Man, those South American teams are either all in or all out.
                                                        Croatia looked great but I still can't look beyond France, so much talent.
                                                        On a more important sporting note, NBA Draft tonight which was easy my fav night of the year in BF.

Comment

What's with the guards driving around in vans with the door open like they're extras in Elite Squad, looks ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                            What's with the guards driving around in vans with the door open like they're extras in Elite Squad, looks ridiculous.
                                                            It's hot innit.

Comment

Hurts the soul to see Messe like that.

Comment

Being the day thats in it(national burger day) I gotta say I resent rocket in a burger. What the fcuk even is rocket. Because dont try to tell me its lettuce. They try to pass it off as the best lettuce you can get. But give me crispy lettuce any day.

Had a burger in Rush by the pier in the Harbour bar with my sister and it was advertised with 'shredded lettuce'. When it arrived it was rocket and I was nearly in bad form over it and there would have been an inquiry if it wasnt the sister. You might as well out shamrock in it as rocket as its practically the same thing. But you have to hold fire around the women and soldier on dont you. Such great fun with the women not being able to be yourself in such situations.

Also I said before ordering I hope its a burger ill be able to hold and lift up reasonably and not one of these burgers with a big skewer down the middle to keep it all in tact?. She said no no believe me its very manageable, if someone the size of me can eat it you definitely can lol. Thanks love im sure she was alluding to my greek godliness. It came with a skewer in it.

Rocket aside I dont know about you but when I ever see 'with cheese' im always thinking grated cheddar or definitely a yellow slice or even something resembling cheese. No. The cheese you get these days looks like the burger is encapsulated in a translucent condom. I always feel duped when I see this cheese rather than a slice of grated. They call it blu cheese.

Comment

Comment

Wait till they start making chevre cheese toppings on burgers a thing in Ireland Rounders. You won't know what to do with yourself.
                                                                    I meant to add it was still a lovely burger. But could easily have been better. chevre cheese toppings eh.

Comment

Yeah, but then it's not even about the meat anymore, it's just outright wankery.

And that, my friends, is a slippery slope to go down. What's next - a slice of foie gras?

Comment

I rocket.

Needs to be the show though, not wasted on some ground up cow. Smothered in grated parmesan, drizzled in oil and balsamico. Boo ya.

Iceberg is a backing singer, rocket is a rock star.

Comment

@ Benny, Hectorjelly, Eamo and Shrap, not sure if you guys listen to Blindboy's podcast but you've really got to check out his recent 2 part pod on the history of disco music and it's evolution into house. So so good, mind blowing.

Starts off talking about the NY gay scene and the Stonewall riots, through to Larry Levan and Frankie Knuckles, finishing with The Hacienda.

Fantastic stuff. Give it a listen.

First ep is called 'DeVito's teapot', 2nd is 'Steeplechasers sepia'

Comment

Just don't pass off anything you hear as your own.

Comment

I came home this evening to find my sis "charging" her runners for B&S.
                                                                              Shout out to Switch, unlike SP I'm perfectly happy for you to attempt to take her off our hands.

Comment

Why would one charge one's runners?

Comment

Why would one charge one's runners?
                                                                                  They light up, like child's shoe from Clark's. One also works as a speaker. Kinda getting jealous I'm not going to B&S now

Comment

I rocket.

Needs to be the show though, not wasted on some ground up cow. Smothered in grated parmesan, drizzled in oil and balsamico. Boo ya.

Iceberg is a backing singer, rocket is a rock star.
                                                                                    Iceberg is nice when first goes on, but if it's sitting around it turns into watery slop (McDonalds lettuce). Butterhead or the like hold up better.
                                                                                    But rocket is worse. Tastes like peppery grass.

Comment

I remember being blown away at air bubbles in runners.

Now they play music.

Would love to be going myself though, cunce.

Comment

Gringo is a good flick, fuck the ratings
                                                                                        Go big or go homeless.

Comment

@ Benny, Hectorjelly, Eamo and Shrap, not sure if you guys listen to Blindboy's podcast but you've really got to check out his recent 2 part pod on the history of disco music and it's evolution into house. So so good, mind blowing.

Starts off talking about the NY gay scene and the Stonewall riots, through to Larry Levan and Frankie Knuckles, finishing with The Hacienda.

Covered a nice few documentaries on the subject. Might be a nice listen at work later, cheer's
                                                                                          airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                            What's next - a slice of foie gras?
                                                                                            Joel Robuchon been doing that for years!

Comment

On a related note, may have recommended it before but Tim Lawrence's book 'Life and Death on the New York Dancefloor' is one of the best music books i've read

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

@ed aer lingus guy reckoned it was roughly a rolling 10 months ahead you can book flights but he sounded like he was guessing to be honest
                                                                                                    airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                                                      @ed aer lingus guy reckoned it was roughly a rolling 10 months ahead you can book flights but he sounded like he was guessing to be honest
                                                                                                      Cheers, will keep an eye out

Comment

Anywhere in town I would get a cover for a Moto G5s?
                                                                                                        Obv Amazon is best shout but I don't trust myself to not drop it during delivery time
                                                                                                        airport, lol

Comment

This is genius (and sad).
                                                                                                          "The Children Sent to Appropriate Centers"

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

Given the lack of radio or tv, I normally rely on BBV to keep me informed on cultural revolutions. Which makes it particularly egregious that nobody thought that the emergence of Timmy Trumpet was worth mentioning. What else are ye guys holding back on?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmQxJzhR_48
                                                                                                                All the drugs in the world couldn't make that sound good
                                                                                                                airport, lol

Comment

this should get the bile flowing

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                                                                                                                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                                  Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                                  https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

...

Comment

it has trumpets dude. The battle for supremacy was already won at that stage of the decision making process.
                                                                                                                      Haha! Try Matthew Halsall for some fine trumpeting
                                                                                                                      airport, lol

Comment

Surely it'd all be ok if the kids are let out for half an hour a day, nice free range children, ya know?

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                                                          this should get the bile flowing
                                                                                                                          Dobby posted it yesterday. Lazare didn't even get excited.
                                                                                                                          Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X