Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scenes in Thurles
    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

That was outrageous hurling.

Comment

Jaysus that was some game of hurling
        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Up there with the birth of my child.

Hon the banner.

Comment

Longford abu
            airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
              Waterford for Sam
              Tis probably yer best hope this year. Some hammering in the Gaelic grounds

Comment

Jaysis, harsh red.

Comment

Fixed for the Dubs of course, same every year.
                  airport, lol

Comment

Crazy from the Longford number 14. Red all day

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                      Jaysis, harsh red.
                      Very late, player in the air, not even looking at the ball. Dangerous play. I'm as happy to see cluxton get a slap as the next fella but right decision imo

Comment

Blow it up ref

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post

Simpsons did it again
                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Lol Brian Fenton.

"Any day you come out of a Leinster semi final with a win is a great day".

Has he ever even lost a championship match, never mind a Leinster match.

Comment

My sister is involved with a place called Bronze on Baggot St. They're looking for high quality bar staff, good with cocktails etc..

If any of you guys are interested or know anyone, shoot me a pm.

Might not pick it up till tomorrow though.
                              I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Any apartment/hotel recommendations in Vilamoura?

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                  My sister is involved with a place called Bronze on Baggot St. They're looking for high quality bar staff, good with cocktails etc..

If any of you guys are interested or know anyone, shoot me a pm.

Might not pick it up till tomorrow though.
                                  What is the story with that place. Was going to head there after dinner with a few couples a while back but a quick glance at the website suggested a lapdancing type place so didnt bother yet on tripadvisor it seems to be a normal cocktail bar.

Comment

Originally posted by jack90210 View Post
                                    President Trump v Trudeau and Macron - only going to be one winner in that negotiation!
                                    Why don't you address them as President Macron and President Trudeau?

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                      What is the story with that place. Was going to head there after dinner with a few couples a while back but a quick glance at the website suggested a lapdancing type place so didnt bother yet on tripadvisor it seems to be a normal cocktail bar.
                                      Actually not sure. Tbh I'd never heard of it, my sis and her husband are involved with the guy that owns Lapello so maybe it is a lap dancing place.

Comment

Splashed about in a blow up pool with my kid, burnt some chicken wings on a barbecue, jammed to tunes, visited Decathlon in Belfast, took a road trip by myself with sunshine and tunes, paced 25 mins at parkrun and got a guy a 14 second pb, bought a mint car.

If Carlsberg made weekends.

Comment

I'm in Munich for the weekend, floated about today but ended up spending almost 4 hours in the documents museum today. It details the rise of Third Reich and aftermath of the war & trials.

It's a must see and to be honest im debating sending jack there to see if anything resonates with him.

I consider the USA my home and have paid more in taxes than some there will make in the next 20 years, i fucking love the place, but the first 2 floors of the museum just left me with a sadness and a feeling of despair. The parallels to what has happened and is happening is frightening. For example, looking at propaganda posters of "the humiliation of the white race" and other shit. Certain americans are falling under the same spell. Maybe its because the country is so young and naive at heart, they dont know true misery and havent grown from that.

Comment

Originally posted by Trippie View Post
                                            Why don't you address them as President Macron and President Trudeau?
                                            Trudeau is not a Prez.

Trump seems to have gone off the deep end (even for him). Macron basically calling him unhinged.

God only knows what will happen at the NK summit - they'll probably get on great.
                                            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                              Trudeau is not a Prez.

Trump seems to have gone off the deep end (even for him). Macron basically calling him unhinged.

God only knows what will happen at the NK summit - they'll probably get on great.
                                              Both of them will be talking about how hot Ivanka is and when Jared is out of the picture, Trump will try to marry her off to Kim for tribute

Comment

Also discovered my local Spar was selling my favourite normally €2.89 per can beer for €1.25 a can.

Still a couple of hours left of this weekend and it was wrapped up on Friday.

Comment

Originally posted by Ed View Post
                                                  Any apartment/hotel recommendations in Vilamoura?
                                                  Never been but a mate goes a few times a year and stays in Tivoli Marina, he loves it there.
                                                  This too shall pass.

Comment

This. It doesn't matter what actually happens Trump will claim a win because he has no awareness whatsoever.
                                                    It seems most likely that since an earthquake a few months ago NK don't have a nuclear weapons programme any more. NK is a spent docket its only a matter of whether Kim can get to walk away alive and with money to keep him in the style to which he has become accustomed.

The more I look at that picture the more I recognise a certain kind angry senility in Trumps face.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                      This. It doesn't matter what actually happens Trump will claim a win because he has no awareness whatsoever.
                                                      It seems most likely that since an earthquake a few months ago NK don't have a nuclear weapons programme any more. NK is a spent docket its only a matter of whether Kim can get to walk away alive and with money to keep him in the style to which he has become accustomed.

The more I look at that picture the more I recognise a certain kind angry senility in Trumps face.
                                                      I was gonna say earlier that photo really delivers whatever the viewer wants. Some see man child, others see a powerful leader that the rest are trying to win over. What makes it even better is there's other photos taken around the same time from other angles that tell a different story altogether.

Everyone is just watching their own TV show.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                        I was gonna say earlier that photo really delivers whatever the viewer wants. Some see man child, others see a powerful leader that the rest are trying to win over. What makes it even better is there's other photos taken around the same time from other angles that tell a different story altogether.

It is certainly a monumental photo and an image that will endure but LOL out loud and prodigiously at anyone who sees him looking like a powerful leader in that.

Comment

Actually not sure. Tbh I'd never heard of it, my sis and her husband are involved with the guy that owns Lapello so maybe it is a lap dancing place.
                                                          From their own website

SPOILER

Comment

It is certainly a monumental photo and an image that will endure but LOL out loud and prodigiously at anyone who sees him looking like a powerful leader in that.
                                                            It really depends on your political slant.

I can see how his supporters view that picture so differently to you and I.

Imagine that was Simon Harris, sitting down, arms folded, smirking, surrounded by the Iona institute, Quinn with his fists on the table.

Imagine that and you'll see it from out their window.
                                                            Last edited by Lazare; 10-06-18, 22:16.

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                                                              From their own website

SPOILER
                                                              Ah, so it is so.

Comment

Ah, so it is so.
                                                                I reckon you should be in charge of organising the next IPB night out...

Comment

God bless the internet

Comment

I'd such epic plans for my Sunday until I started watching The Staircase. A really compelling watch.
                                                                    Profit before people.

Comment

Decathlon in Belfast,
                                                                      When did that open?
                                                                      Was up there recently, saved myself a good few quid by not knowing about it

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                        I'd such epic plans for my Sunday until I started watching The Staircase. A really compelling watch.
                                                                        Are there new episodes / updates or is it the same as it was when it was shown on bbc's storyville ?

Comment

When did that open?
                                                                          Was up there recently, saved myself a good few quid by not knowing about it
                                                                          I'm not sure, visited it almost a year ago, so at least that.

Just beyond George Best airport, beside IKEA.

You're right though, you could sink a fortune in it. Their kalenji brand is brilliant.

Amazing store up there, as big as B&Q in Liffey Valley, no matter what sport you're in to they have a section, surf boards, kites, cricket stuff, everything.

One opening in Ballymun soon.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                                                                              From their own website

SPOILER
                                                                              Jaysus, im above in the big smoke for little Keven Hart in August...must get Laz to sort me a few comps...
                                                                              This too shall pass.

Comment

...
                                                                                "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Comment

Honestly thought that it was a photoshopped picture.
                                                                                    No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

IPB Multisport comp
                                                                                      Whitaker still the MW champ. Will probably defend by the end of the year so not wrapped up yet.

Comment

IPB Multisport comp
                                                                                        Whitaker still the MW champ. Will probably defend by the end of the year so not wrapped up yet.

Comment

It really depends on your political slant.

I can see how his supporters view that picture so differently to you and I.

Imagine that was Simon Harris, sitting down, arms folded, smirking, surrounded by the Iona institute, Quinn with his fists on the table.

Imagine that and you'll see it from out their window.
                                                                                          Simon Harris wouldn't go into a meeting with (say) the Spanish Minister for Health, boast about their relationship being a 10/10, agree a joint statement and then, on his flight back, tap out a Twitter post criticising his counterpart as 'very dishonest and weak' and refuse to endorse the joint statement.

Trump has the mentality of a toddler. I'm fairly convinced he's mentally unbalanced.

Comment

Originally posted by nicnicnic View Post

Comment

Simon Harris wouldn't go into a meeting with (say) the Spanish Minister for Health, boast about their relationship being a 10/10, agree a joint statement and then, on his flight back, tap out a Twitter post criticising his counterpart as 'very dishonest and weak' and refuse to endorse the joint statement.

Trump has the mentality of a toddler. I'm fairly convinced he's mentally unbalanced.
                                                                                              Really looking forward to this summit. Clinton would never have been this entertaining.

Comment

Sorted
                                                                                                Last edited by Solksjaer!; 11-06-18, 09:13.

Comment

If you look at the G7 President Trump has formed a close alliance with Japan and Italy who are closer in political ideology to him. Germany, France and Canada have business models relying on the US accepting a trade deficit in the name of international relations so obviously this is upsetting them. UK sort of out on their own these days not sure of where they stand.

Comment

Made me smile .

Comment

If you look at the G7 President Trump has formed a close alliance with Japan and Italy who are closer in political ideology to him. Germany, France and Canada have business models relying on the US accepting a trade deficit in the name of international relations so obviously this is upsetting them. UK sort of out on their own these days not sure of where they stand.
                                                                                                      The US buys twice as much crap from Japan as it sells to them.

The US buys three times as much crap from Italy as it sells to them.

Don't you get tired of being wrong about stuff?

By contrast, the US sells Canada as much crap as it buys from them.

Consider yourself educated.

Comment

The US buys twice as much crap from Japan as it sells to them.

The US buys three times as much crap from Italy as it sells to them.

Don't you get tired of being wrong about stuff?

By contrast, the US sells Canada as much crap as it buys from them.

Consider yourself educated.
                                                                                                        Equal volume of trade does not equal fair trade.

Comment

Equal volume of trade does not equal fair trade.
                                                                                                          You're being 'very dishonest and weak' here jack.

Have you got some alternative facts? Because otherwise those ones above (that totally undermine your 'analysis') will have to do.....

Comment

You're being 'very dishonest and weak' here jack.

Have you got some alternative facts? Because otherwise those ones above (that totally undermine your 'analysis') will have to do.....
                                                                                                            One billion dollars worth of potatoes doesn't equal one billion worth of iPhones

Comment

Really looking forward to this summit. Clinton would never have been this entertaining.
                                                                                                              Do you really not see that this is about the real world with real consequences for people?

Its not a fucking reality TV show FFS!

Comment

One billion dollars worth of potatoes doesn't equal one billion worth of iPhones
                                                                                                                One billion dollars doesn't equal one billion dollars? And a potato is different to an iPhone?

Fascinating stuff.

You'll be getting a job at the White House next.

Comment

The two Ronnies would love that one Jack.

My blackberry is not working.

Comment

One billion dollars doesn't equal one billion dollars? And a potato is different to an iPhone?

Fascinating stuff.

You'll be getting a job at the White House next.
                                                                                                                    Turnover for show profit for dough.

Comment

.
                                                                                                                      If the billion of your Potatoes or steel is made up of a commodity where most of the billion consists of labour costs, taxed and spent within an economy then you could argue it is a very different billion from a one generated by iPhone sales where the tiny % labour cost is exported and the huge % profits are sitting in an offshore account wasting away on the top of Apple's cash pile.
                                                                                                                      Last edited by Strewelpeter; 11-06-18, 09:40.

Comment

Do you really not see that this is about the real world with real consequences for people?

Its not a fucking reality TV show FFS!
                                                                                                                        Yes and a positive deal would be huge for NK, SK and Japan.

Considering all the expectations of a fascist leader hell bent on nuclear war, it's worked out grand so far.

Comment

Considering all the expectations of a fascist leader hell bent on nuclear war, it's worked out grand so far.
                                                                                                                          Wait wat

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X