Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
    Such a pardon is not legal surely?
    Even if it's legal, his presidency would be over immediately.
    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Mia is heading into first year in September. So looking forward to seeing how she gets on. Have been into the school on a few occasions. It's so Unusual . Teachers all called by their first names.it's quirky no religion as such just traditions.
      Wouldn't surprise me if eventually it becomes a fee paying school. The biggest secondary school. In town is across from my house more or less with 990 girls total which is horrific.Mia looked very lost on the opening night.

She will be going to the new school which currently has 38 students. And they are only accepting 1st yrs this yr. So prob end up with less than 100 pupils in total. She is really looking forward to it too. .8.15 school starts and ends at 3.15 pm

As Dunamase College closed the doors on its first academic year, school principal Aoife Elster reflected on the many achievements of the school in its ground-breaking first year of existence. It certainly is a very rare situation for a brand new school to start from scratch, and it is a challenge which the school community […]
      Her sky-ness
      © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
        Even if it's legal, his presidency would be over immediately.
        Getting weirder by the minute, no one with the balls to remove him?
        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Yesterday I was sayinga little prayer for Posh Paul Murphyand all the gimps of Facebook as I sprayed thousands of litres of water over my garden.
          Today karma bit me in the ass as a local main burst and has left me high and very dry all day. FFS!

Comment

I see the woman who delayed the enactment of the Children's Referendum by 3 years has lodged a High Court challenge to the abortion referendum.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
              Getting weirder by the minute, no one with the balls to remove him?
              We need a smoking gun.

Looking like obstruction rather than Russia.

Comment

Originally posted by jack90210 View Post
                I see the woman who delayed the enactment of the Children's Referendum by 3 years has lodged a High Court challenge to the abortion referendum.
                Headbangers of the world unite....

Hopefully she gets short shrift - and bankrupted with costs.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                  Headbangers of the world unite....

Hopefully she gets short shrift - and bankrupted with costs.
                  In the immortal worst of uncle Bob
                  When you got nothing you've got nothing to lose

Comment

That Childrens one was quite a complicated amendment, putting in about 10 lines of text all with the potential to be in conflict with some other Article or established Right. You could see how it caused the courts to spend some time working their way through it.

This recent one was far more clearcut, because it's just taking out an existing article and replacing it with what looks a straightforward 'let the Dail legislate' piece of text. I don't see how there can be any problem with that at all, as there's nothing new being put into the constitution.
                    I'd be confident the grounds of appeal are fairly thin here.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                      That Childrens one was quite a complicated amendment, putting in about 10 lines of text all with the potential to be in conflict with some other Article or established Right. You could see how it caused the courts to spend some time working their way through it.

This recent one was far more clearcut, because it's just taking out an existing article and replacing it with what looks a straightforward 'let the Dail legislate' piece of text. I don't see how there can be any problem with that at all, as there's nothing new being put into the constitution.
                      I'd be confident the grounds of appeal are fairly thin here.
                      I don't know what grounds this appeal is on but her previous one wasn't on the text it was on the informational campaign run.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Bullocks View Post
                        Oh that. Tell me in the clubhouse there was money on it. Yeah well I still offered you the money was it 50 ? stooping low with that . As for slapping lol. I'm thinking someone has your logon details with that knacker post.

I've already had a TIGER bet win on here and refused the money. Did you get a swing yet ?

Don't remember the bet but can confirm you snore like an injured/dying rhino.

Comment

I don't know what grounds this appeal is on but her previous one wasn't on the text it was on the informational campaign run.
                          Fair enough, that does seem to be true.

However the major part of the 3 year delay seems to be on this point...
                          She claimed that the Referendum Act which forced her to prove that government bias had affected the result was unconstitutional, that the government should be the ones who had to prove that any bias didn't affect the result...

It took 2 years for the High Court and Supreme court to reject this point, but I think now it's been rejected she can't go the well on it again. So the major delay shouldn't happen again.

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                            So, I have a spare ticket for Bill Burr tomorrow in the 3arena. Obvious downside is being stuck seated next to me. Any interested peeps should pm me. It's not first come first served, and preference will be given to anyone I even vaguely remember from real life.
                            Bump.

Not a single pm so far. Really nobody interested?
                            Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Bump.

Wish I could go. Very funny guy. Would have bought ticket. Enjoy

Comment

So, I have a spare ticket for Bill Burr tomorrow in the 3arena. Obvious downside is being stuck seated next to me. Any interested peeps should pm me. It's not first come first served, and preference will be given to anyone I even vaguely remember from real life.
                                Bump.

...I've never met you, and you could be amazing, but I'd bet about 3.4 billion Apples that this is the reason...

Comment

Originally posted by gorrrr72 View Post
                                  Don't remember the bet but can confirm you snore like an injured/dying rhino.
                                  Scares off predators or randy golfers .

Comment

Originally posted by luckforsome View Post
                                    ...I've never met you, and you could be amazing, but I'd bet about 3.4 billion Apples that this is the reason...
                                    Does not compute

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Bullocks View Post
                                      Does not compute
                                      ...Ah I also bolded the other part about the negative being having to sit beside him...

Comment

It took 2 years for the High Court and Supreme court to reject this point, but I think now it's been rejected she can't go the well on it again. So the major delay shouldn't happen again.
                                        *takes lawyer hat off*

She paid 1/3 of her High Court costs and 1/2 of her Court of Appeal and Supreme Court costs last time.

When she loses this one, and she undoubtedly will, she should have to pay every single cent back to the State for this case.

*puts hat back on*
                                        You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                        World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Bump.

Genuinely would have like to go.
                                          Being a breeder has its downsides sometimes
                                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                              Bill Burr is probably only comedian I'd really want to go to today. That man gets it.
                                              there's just something a little unsettling about him though.
                                              I'd be eager to see him live just to see if he is as loopy as some of the podcasts suggest.

Jim Jeffries is my current go to comedian
                                              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                I'd be eager to see him live just to see if he is as loopy as some of the podcasts suggest.

I was really surprised he was able to get his helicopter license.
                                                Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

3 people shot at the Taylor boxing gym in Bray this morning.
                                                  Some feud involvement I guess, need rounders to give us some background.

Comment

3 people shot at the Taylor boxing gym in Bray this morning.
                                                    Some feud involvement I guess, need rounders to give us some background.
                                                    Pete Taylor one of the 3 shot this morning at bray boxing club. Not the most seriously injured.

Comment

Impressive response time.

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                                                        Pete Taylor one of the 3 shot this morning at bray boxing club. Not the most seriously injured.
                                                        relevant?

one dead apparently

Comment

I suspect there was one target and the other 2 were would be heros.

Comment

Where are you seeing that?
                                                            I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

relevant?

one dead apparently
                                                              Yeah could well be. Interesting developments to come from this one. Could be retaliation for those 2 who were intercepted on way to hit in East wall on the weekend.
                                                              Nothing like a bit of speculation eh!.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                Where are you seeing that?
                                                                Padraig O'Reilly Twitter.

Comment

I suspect there was one target and the other 2 were would be heros.
                                                                  I think theres 3 kinehan signed boxers fighting out of that gym.
                                                                  Profit before people.

Comment

I'd be interested to see who from FF or FG make the googliest eyes at SF next GE if a coalition is possible.

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
                                                                    Bit early for writing off FF and SF are not likely to go for a junior coalition as we have all seen this being the death of many a party.

FG this time round again with FF retiring some of the old guard and hardcore conservatives in preparation to go the next time.

Martin I think did vote with his conscious and fair play but he defo considered the political landscape and wanted to use it as a way to divide the party so he could clean house.

The Sinn Féin leader Mary Lou McDonald has said she wants to form a coalition government after the next election with either Fine Gael or Fianna Fáil.

A) wants a coalition as they want actual power.
                                                                    B) Knows they FF/FG dont want a coalition so they can play the at least we tried part
                                                                    C) force a FG/FF coalition on the cusp of a global downturn so they hoover up the gaps.

pretty shrewd either way
                                                                    Last edited by DeadParrot; 05-06-18, 09:32.

Comment

Did someone say before they knew of an agent who will organise finding and getting a UK car to ROI?

Comment

Comment

Comment

Did someone say before they knew of an agent who will organise finding and getting a UK car to ROI?
                                                                            Pretty much any of the importers will do this for you.

Are you looking for something specific/weird/unusual? The whole process is very simple really.
                                                                            May you live in interesting times!

Comment

guy in bray did that this morning

Comment

Originally posted by bp_me View Post
                                                                                Pretty much any of the importers will do this for you.

Are you looking for something specific/weird/unusual? The whole process is very simple really.
                                                                                Not necessarily, looking for a 7 seater Quasqai in and around 2012 with good spec. Had a wasted trip up north yesterday, two sold before we got there, one not checking out on motorcheck. They're quite thin on the ground too, the type we want, in NI anyway.

Too awkward to do ourselves, looking to just pay someone to handle it.

Comment

Been listening to his Podcast for years. I enjoy that. His Stand Up is completely different though and not for everyone. I do like him but surprised at his success in recent years. Playing the 3 Arena is big enough. Not surprised it's not sold out though.

Comment

Impressive response time.
                                                                                    ...He was there...

Comment

Laz, I contacted a few places in recent months to enquire about them finding and importing a UK-based car for me, in the end I just went up the North to do it myself as what I was willing to spend (less than €15k) made paying a 3rd party a waste of time, would have ended up costing more than 50% of the amount I ended up saving. Probably only worth doing if if you are going to spend €25k+ I'd guess, happy to be proven wrong there.

Saw Bill Burr in Dublin a few years ago and it wasn't an amazing gig by any means; enjoy quite a lot of his stuff but his routine in entirety is just a bit too 'non-PC' for my sensibilities My wife really disliked it!

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                        Whats the fatal attraction between gangsters and boxing?
                                                                                        I'm gonna take a wild stab at the link in violence, being a hard cunt and taking enjoyment in hitting folk and watching folk get hurt.
                                                                                        airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                          All knowing bbv, lost my keys, spare keys are inside, any burglars in the thread before I fork out for a locksmith?
                                                                                          95 spondoolies

On the other-hand when I was chatting to the locksmith, he offered me a spare tool he used to get in and showed me how to open the door. Always good to have a backup career.

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                                            I'm gonna take a wild stab at the link in violence, being a hard cunt and taking enjoyment in hitting folk and watching folk get hurt.
                                                                                            also easy to rig and gambling links

Comment

Monitor are very subjective Hitch, if you get too high Res on a small screen text and stuff can look teeny. USB 3.0 Docking station and 2 x dell Ultrasharp 24" monitors FTW
                                                                                              Also have mentioned it before but Surface Pros are unreal if you need Windows based devices. Workflow has been transformed since using these and Onenote
                                                                                              Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                                                                                              https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                                                                                Let me know how ya get on. Im home for a couple weeks from Friday and playing Palmerstown next Wed.
                                                                                                I played yesterday evening and I really enjoyed it. It's my first game in months, I haven't been to the range at all. It went as expected but I was solid enough off the tee with the driver.
                                                                                                Plenty of water throughout and it's certainly challenging in that regard. I was a member of a nice parkland in Dunmurray but as the guy I was out with mentioned, the difference is the spacing between holes. You don't really see other groups playing different holes which I thought was nice.
                                                                                                It's quite long and another 13/14 it's quite difficult with one 600+ yard hole. You'll certainly enjoy it, it seems in decent nick too. I believe they've pumped alot more money into in recent times.
                                                                                                You're playing alot more than me so you'll pick up alot more subtle aspects you like/dislike but I thought it was worth the money and I'd definitely try to play it again.

Comment

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/poli...r-ff-1.3519441

A) wants a coalition as they want actual power.
                                                                                                  B) Knows they FF/FG dont want a coalition so they can play the at least we tried part
                                                                                                  C) force a FG/FF coalition on the cusp of a global downturn so they hoover up the gaps.

pretty shrewd either way
                                                                                                  Hopefully you are right in the short term and I am ultimately correct the next election run.

I would imagine b is the answer in the above scenarios

Comment

...

Comment

Normally most football quizes are a piece of piss but try this 10 question WC one and see...

All 32 countries have named their World Cup squads - how will you get on with our quiz about the players going to Russia?

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                                                        Normally most football quizes are a piece of piss but try this 10 question WC one and see...

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/44363554
                                                                                                        2/10... but only really knew 1
                                                                                                        No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Remember how good Djokovic was before tennis toughened up on their drug testing🤔
                                                                                                          Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
                                                                                                            2/10... but only really knew 1
                                                                                                            ...I got 5/10...The last one seems a trick question ha...

Comment

Thinking of taking the train from Copenhagen and spending a couple of nights in Sweden next month maybe one day in the city and another to drive out into the countryside, swim in lakes or sea.
                                                                                                              Should I head for Stockholm Gothenburg or somewhere else?

Comment

FYI and anyone else interested.

In an affidavit, Ms Jordan, St Kevin’s Villas, Glenageary Road Upper, Dun Laoghaire, Dublin, claims “evidence is coming in of large numbers of potential no voters who were unable to vote due to de-registering”. These, she claims, consisted of groups such as convents of nuns and residents of nursing homes.

She also claims that “thousands of young Irish citizens who were paid to return to vote” were not questioned at polling stations about their time of residency abroad.
                                                                                                                She also claims the tally of the number of votes cast per polling box was “not always given” when requested by the No side at the close of voting on May 25th.

She claims she canvassed for a No vote over 17 weeks in Dublin city centre.
                                                                                                                “Initially the majority of people were in favour of a ‘yes’ vote. By the beginning of May there was a shift to a ‘no’ vote which continued until the 24th of May,” she says in her grounding affidavit.
                                                                                                                She said a “foreign journalist” told her on Thursday night May 24th, the eve of the referendum, the polls were showing a “2.6 per cent differential”.
                                                                                                                “Within 24 hours, the result showed an increase of 20 per cent. Such a swing is not possible.”

She claims the tally of the number of votes cast per polling box was “not always given” when requested by the No side at the close of voting on May 25th. That, she said, “begs the question” whether the number of ballots counted from 9am on May 26th was the same as the number of ballots in the boxes at 10pm on May 25th.

Comment

There was some talk of a World Cup Sweep in here last week, and people looking for some ideas. I did one for work; designed to try to keep people's interests for the duration and to allow people that don't know anything about football a chance of getting money back, or making a small profit.

Nobody will become rich from it, but if some people collect €20e by the end of it, they will see it as a great success. It's just for a bit of fun!

Everything below is worth €10

Winner*
                                                                                                                  Runner-Up*
                                                                                                                  3rd Place*
                                                                                                                  4th Place*
                                                                                                                  Nationality Of Golden Boot – If it’s tied, the player who scored fewest penalties wins. If still tied, prize is split.
                                                                                                                  Team With The Worst Record – If more than 1 team finishes on 0 points, it will be decided by goal difference, goals conceded, goals scored. If still level, prize will be split
                                                                                                                  Biggest Win - 7-1 is a bigger win than 6-0
                                                                                                                  Biggest Defeat – 7-1 is a bigger defeat than 6-0
                                                                                                                  Most Goals In A Game (Pay Both Teams) – Both teams will get paid €5 each. If more than 1 game wins, the game where the 1st goal was scored earliest wins.
                                                                                                                  Knock England Out – The team that KO’s England wins €10. If England don’t make it out of the group, both teams that qualified get €5 each
                                                                                                                  Highest Possession Stat In A Game – I will get this info from a site
                                                                                                                  Lowest Possession Stat In A Game - I will get this info from a site
                                                                                                                  Dirtiest Team - Yellow cards count as 1, and red cards count as 2. Highest total wins.
                                                                                                                  First Red Card – Straight red or 2 yellows
                                                                                                                  Last Straight Red Card – Straight red only (Does not include managers)
                                                                                                                  First Penalty Scored – During normal gameplay. Not penalty shootout
                                                                                                                  First Penalty Saved– During normal gameplay. Not penalty shootout
                                                                                                                  First Team To Win On Penalties – During the knockout stages
                                                                                                                  First Team To Lose On Penalties– During the knockout stages
                                                                                                                  Team Scored The Most Goals – Does not include penalty shootouts
                                                                                                                  Fastest Goal Scored – As it says on the tin
                                                                                                                  First Substitute To Score - As it says on the tin
                                                                                                                  First Goal Celebration To Include A Backflip – The player who scored must perform and LAND the backflip. If he lands on his arse……….then unlucky!
                                                                                                                  First Goal Scored In Added Time – First goal scored after 45 or 90 minutes (referee’s added time)
                                                                                                                  First Goal Scored In Extra Time – When the knockout games goes to extra time
                                                                                                                  First Player From The Premier League To Score – He must be registered with a Premier League club now.
                                                                                                                  Player To Score With The Longest Surname – My decision is final. Brazil players will use their football name, and not the 17 names their parents gave them.
                                                                                                                  The 3rd Player To Score With A Header – Not all about firsts
                                                                                                                  The 4th Player To Score Outside Of The Box – Not all about firsts
                                                                                                                  Team To Concede Twice In The Shortest Space Of Time – Must be during normal play, and cannot be split over 2 halves.
                                                                                                                  Thunderbastard – The player that scores the goal from the longest distance out
                                                                                                                  First Manager To Leave His Job – Either during the World Cup, or after.

*Just to leave something to play for, the 40e will be split €15, €12.50, €7.50, €5

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                                                                    Biggest Defeat – 7-1 is a bigger defeat than 6-0
                                                                                                                    No its not

Comment

Originally posted by brady23 View Post
                                                                                                                      I played yesterday evening and I really enjoyed it. It's my first game in months, I haven't been to the range at all. It went as expected but I was solid enough off the tee with the driver.
                                                                                                                      Plenty of water throughout and it's certainly challenging in that regard. I was a member of a nice parkland in Dunmurray but as the guy I was out with mentioned, the difference is the spacing between holes. You don't really see other groups playing different holes which I thought was nice.
                                                                                                                      It's quite long and another 13/14 it's quite difficult with one 600+ yard hole. You'll certainly enjoy it, it seems in decent nick too. I believe they've pumped alot more money into in recent times.
                                                                                                                      You're playing alot more than me so you'll pick up alot more subtle aspects you like/dislike but I thought it was worth the money and I'd definitely try to play it again.

Nice one good to hear. Have heard the hazards are basically always in play. Long will be somewhat problematic too I suspect as I don't drive particularly far. My buddy is a member there so Im sure he will help me out with some strategy on each hole.
                                                                                                                      This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                                                                      All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                                                      The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                                          No its not
                                                                                                                          It is for my game

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X