Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RORY

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Bullocks View Post
      RORY
      What a frustrating bastard of a player

Comment

Rory still 50/1 on PP...Strange.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
          Left Andy and Rigger at 12ish to get the night link after a long day I was wrecked. Wasn't until 12.30 so went to the emporium to aye cash until it was time to get the 2am bus lol. Bought in for €125. Cashed out for €580.

Git it in with AJ v KK pre and.flopped 3 jacks. Guy that had the KK started calling me a donkey and an idiot so I got up and left. That was at 1.40 anyway so perfect timing for my bus lol. Walked out smiling and yer man giving out at the table onife tilt

Heading to Kerry now so the 580 will come in handy.
          Was it a bald fella sitting in seat 2/3?

Comment

Originally posted by eoghan104 View Post
            Was it a bald fella sitting in seat 2/3?
            No. He actually started laughing at the lad on tilt. Think the bloke was in seat 6.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
              Why strange? More than likely he'll be 6 to 8 shots off the lead for the final round

Comment

66s with most bookies and 100+ on the exchange, hes 3 back with all the big guns to play, no sign of the wind picking up so id imagine he will be at least 6 behind going into the final round. So in my opinion 50s is quite short.

Comment

Yea I suppose. Just looked at the leader board and didn't give it any more thought. Tiger ftw anyway.

Comment

Yea I suppose. Just looked at the leader board and didn't give it any more thought. Tiger ftw anyway.
                    ...Tiger!!!...

Comment

Originally posted by luckforsome View Post
                      ...Thinking of running a predictions competition for the World cup, provided there is enough interest in it...Plan is to give points for correct results, correct scores, last 16 at etc...Probably be a decent bit of work but happy to run it myself and update every day or 2 to keep it interesting...Reckon €30/40/50, whatever suits...
                      ...Only thing is, I'd like to send it to someone before it's official just to get a 2nd eye to make sure the points awarded are grand before I run it...
                      ...So if interested thank this post...
                      ...Bump for Balfejohn, Bohsman, Eoghan104, Feetmagic, ionapaul,Jibzzzz, KevIRL and NuckChorris who all thanked this post as interested...Also to RDiii who seemed interested, and definitely Flushdaw... Are people interested in this, looking to have people commit so I know...It's currently just 2 people lol... Like this is a great comp with interest for a month, and for people like Flushdaw he could have his work guys just join this!!!...

Comment

"The Tiger of old would've hit this off the back of the hole...a confident putt".

.... Tiger trickles putt in from the side lip

"There you go"

These guys (95% of the time Mark Roe and Rob Lee) should shut the fuck up with this "Tiger of old" spiel.
                        Last edited by TheJiggaman; 02-06-18, 19:27.

Comment

Shocking putting this week. Would be 5 clear if he could putt like the old days.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                            Nah. Focus would have been on Kim if he had talked about the letter. Instead it's on trump.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46Oo...ature=youtu.be
                            Please.
                            Korea taking the absolute piss with the giant envelope
                            This is a real picture. Look how chuffed he is
                            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                            Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                            https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Sunday papers should be good
                              Hicks 1 - Micks 0
                              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Jesus, the lack of wit in the Top 14 final would make you wonder.
                                "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
                                    I'm thinking of buying a business in Dublin at the moment, I'd basically be looking to just buy the name/location/content. I would be considered self employed instead of the owner of a business, would just own the copyright to the name of the company and the website etc etc. The people working for me would be contractors and not employees and would be given a set amount for work done.
                                    Remember a sole trader has unlimited personal liability. If you are buying another sole traders business then the name isnt transferable. They have to advise CRO they are wrapping it up and you then have to register the business name with CRO.

Where would be the best place to get advice on this?
                                    Probably an accountant.

Would be looking to keep my current job as an employee elsewhere, so I would basically just be purchasing this and having someone else running it for me. Would like to work out how much taxes I'd have to be paying, I am incredibly bad in regards to taxes as never learned about them in school and have not read about them since.

Cheers
                                    Essentially you would pay tax on any monies you would take out of the business as if it's PAYE income but you are responsible for reporting it. Over 5k in a year and you have to register for ROS to do your return. Over 37.5k (services) or 75k (products) you are obliged to register for VAT also. As far as I understand if you offer services and products then the lower limit applies to everything.
                                    May you live in interesting times!

Comment

...Fair play to Burke scoring his international goal for Ireland...Great finish from nearly 1.5inches out lol...Some balls to get a touch on it, don't think lenihan was happy!...

Comment

I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Justin Thomas eway at100 to 1 looks tempting, type to throw in a low low round

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                            Trump is Avwanka

He's right though his daughter is very hawt

Comment

All this talk of the TIGER of old. These kids he's playing with now are much better than 99% of what the TIGER of old faced. Even back to his best he's still find it tough to get top spot . No ChrisdiMaros to push around.

Comment

Back to his best and he's be world number 1 for the same amount of time.

Comment

I can't watch the golf on sky with Roe commentating. He's infuriating. Haven't ever heard anyone say they like him. I don't get it.

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
                                                    Back to his best and he's be world number 1 for the same amount of time.
                                                    Lol . Pegged you for better golfing knowledge .

Comment

Lol . Pegged you for better golfing knowledge .
                                                      Likewise. You can't forget how good and dominant he was. I stand by that statement. There'd be a few wins taken from him but nobody would be more dominant and he'd remain number one. DiMarco is a strange one to bring up. Mickelson, Els, Vijay were there. He did have competition. Not like there is now for sure.

Played my second game of golf of the year yesterday. Was atrocious 3 weeks ago and something clicked yesterday and I shot the best round I have done in about 10 years. Hit about 14 gir and simple up and close the other 4. Still couldn't putt but I couldn't believe it. Might love the game again!!

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
                                                        Likewise. You can't forget how good and dominant he was. I stand by that statement. There'd be a few wins taken from him but nobody would be more dominant and he'd remain number one. DiMarco is a strange one to bring up. Mickelson, Els, Vijay were there. He did have competition. Not like there is now for sure.

Played my second game of golf of the year yesterday. Was atrocious 3 weeks ago and something clicked yesterday and I shot the best round I have done in about 10 years. Hit about 14 gir and simple up and close the other 4. Still couldn't putt but I couldn't believe it. Might love the game again!!
                                                        Phil was always hit and miss , VJ came into his own at Tigers current age , Els was good but never lived up to his potential imo. Tiger took the game to a new level but thats the crucial point. Its now at that level. A posse of 20 somethings all tearing it up despite the fact the courses are out of range now for anyone not averaging near 300+ off the t-box.

Tigers putting was his ace card in my view and he needs that close to his best to compete now. I'd like him to make a comeback win for nostalgic reasons but he'll never dominate these lads, I don't know who will. thomas is capable of it.

Glad yer back playing. The dreaded flat stick is a bollox at times

Comment

Irish 7s rugby team just blitzed USA and into the semi final in London today. Ranked 21 and only an invitianional side so a huge achievement to get this far. No one will stop the Fijians though, they're peerless.

Comment

Phil was always hit and miss , VJ came into his own at Tigers current age , Els was good but never lived up to his potential imo. Tiger took the game to a new level but thats the crucial point. Its now at that level. A posse of 20 somethings all tearing it up despite the fact the courses are out of range now for anyone not averaging near 300+ off the t-box.

Tigers putting was his ace card in my view and he needs that close to his best to compete now. I'd like him to make a comeback win for nostalgic reasons but he'll never dominate these lads, I don't know who will. thomas is capable of it.

Glad yer back playing. The dreaded flat stick is a bollox at times
                                                            Tigers stroke average was consistently better than any of current hotshots over a 15 year period. None of them are fit to lick tigers boots.
                                                            His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Originally posted by elbows View Post
                                                              Tigers stroke average was consistently better than any of current hotshots over a 15 year period. None of them are fit to lick tigers boots.
                                                              It's easier to hit a 68 when the field aren't applying the pressure. Tis all about opinions. No reason why he can't dominate now so as he looks in great health.

Comment

I've watched basically every shot he's hit for the last 5 years and a lot from his dominant days, though I had a life back then so missed a good bit too.

I think he's pretty close to being back back as the no. 1 iron player and I wouldn't be surprised if he dominates stroke gained from tee-to-green from here on for a good while.

There were flashes of amazing putting earlier this year where he holed everything inside 10 feet for an entire tournament, but that was back when he was still all over the shop in the long game.

I agree with elbows that his best is still streets ahead of any of the current crop but I'm not sure if the head isn't gone. His Thursday front 9 is typically dreadful. He's routinely making a hash of the par 5s and bogeying 18 is becoming a trade mark. A couple of times he's surged up the leaderboard and then gone to pieces when he hit the top. As MB says, as well as playing great you're relying on probably 10 other guys to not play their best every week now, if you want a good shot at a win.

Still think he might get Snead's record, but I'd say Jack is safe!

Comment

It's easier to hit a 68 when the field aren't applying the pressure. Tis all about opinions. No reason why he can't dominate now so as he looks in great health.
                                                                  Lol at your 1st comment.

He’s been back playing competitive golf less than 6 months and in his 40’s.

Bar his putting he is no 1 this week in almost every category.

I think he is very close to winning again.

Will he dominate again. Doubtful. No sport star in history dominated in their 40’s.

22-30 year old tiger beats these kids hands down and by some distance.

Oh and he won a US open with a broken leg
                                                                  Last edited by elbows; 03-06-18, 12:53.
                                                                  His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

...2 stats that I found absolutely ridiculous and almost not believable with Woods...He made the cut in 142 consecutive tournaments...And even more impressive, he beat the average field scoring in 89 consecutive rounds!!!...He was one shot away from continuing this, and it would have been 112 rounds straight where he beat the field...
                                                                    ...No-one today has or will come close to that 2nd stat...

Comment

Lol at your 1st comment.

He’s been back playing competitive golf less than 6 months and in his 40’s.

Bar his putting he is no 1 this week in almost every category.

I think he is very close to winning again.

Will he dominate again. Doubtful. No sport star in history dominated in their 40’s.

22-30 year old tiger beats these kids hands down and by some distance.

Oh and he won a US open with a broken leg
                                                                      Trying to debatewith the fan boys is a waste of time. Such blinkered shite.

Comment

Forget Woods, Molinari is going to go back-to-back on the European tour.

Comment

Trying to debatewith the fan boys is a waste of time. Such blinkered shite.

I was never a fan of Tiger but his records speak for themselves.

The current golfers don’t know how to win like Tiger did.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                            Forget Woods, Molinari is going to go back-to-back on the European tour.
                                                                            Those 2 men and a dog in attendance will surely enjoy that!

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post
                                                                              Irish 7s rugby team just blitzed USA and into the semi final in London today. Ranked 21 and only an invitianional side so a huge achievement to get this far. No one will stop the Fijians though, they're peerless.
                                                                              People on boards say the Ireland v Fiji semi-final will be on at 14:48 approx.
                                                                              For those who don't have Sky Sports it will be live here

doesn't seem to work on every browser but Chrome seems fine.

Comment

Enough of Tiger.

Kaymer is 175/1 for the US open.

Be quick as it will be probably gone by the end of the day.

Comment

...Enough of golf...Join my predictions competition...Already up to €100, and on its way to 4 figures...
                                                                                  ...I'll need to be getting people soon, so c'mon lads!!!...Even give suggestions to make it better and I will lol...

Comment

I was never a fan of Tiger but his records speak for themselves.

The current golfers don’t know how to win like Tiger did.
                                                                                    What do you mean "How to win like Tiger did". Do you mean similar to "clutch" in tournament winning situations?
                                                                                    Is there a stat (or stats) that basially quantify how clutch a golfer is?

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post
                                                                                      It's like New York vs Kilkenny in hurling so far

Comment

It's like New York vs Kilkenny in hurling so far
                                                                                        Yup pretty much. Nice to be able to have two quality Top14 players in your squad too. Every attack is a try, every missed tackle or knock on is a try. Clinical finishing, crazy hands and incredible athleticism.

Comment

Any SNES classic owners? Easily hacked I discovered online and add any game you like from a room pack somewhere online.
                                                                                          Added mortal Kombat, turtles, worms and a few more easily yesterday
                                                                                          airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                                            Any SNES classic owners? Easily hacked I discovered online and add any game you like from a room pack somewhere online.
                                                                                            Added mortal Kombat, turtles, worms and a few more easily yesterday
                                                                                            ...haha worms...That was is and always will be fucking deadly...KAMAKASEEEEEEEE!!!...

Comment

Big vote in Slovenia today. Slovenian Democrats leading the way.

Comment

Originally posted by jack90210 View Post
                                                                                                ...Your absence on Friday night was noticed...It has been hailed as the 8th best IPB night out in history...

Comment

Originally posted by luckforsome View Post
                                                                                                  ...Your absence on Friday night was noticed...It has been hailed as the 8th best IPB night out in history...
                                                                                                  Hope you had a good night.

Did you discuss the new Italian government?

Comment

Originally posted by brady23 View Post
                                                                                                    What do you mean "How to win like Tiger did". Do you mean similar to "clutch" in tournament winning situations?
                                                                                                    Is there a stat (or stats) that basially quantify how clutch a golfer is?
                                                                                                    He hadn’t lost a tournament from leading in the 3rd round or tied for the lead until he lost the 2009 (I think) PGA to YE Yang. He played shots and holed putts at crucial times in tournaments consistently . The best players today can do it sometimes but not the majority of the time like Tiger did and that’s why they don’t win as much. People argue that golf is more competitive now but that’s why I go back to stroke average. No one has beaten his stroke averages over the last few years and that is with golf getting easier.
                                                                                                    Last edited by elbows; 03-06-18, 16:39.

Comment

Ireland 7s beat England 21-19 in the 3rd 4th playoff game to 'win the bronze'.

Excellent shooting.

Comment

Ireland 7s beat England 21-19 in the 3rd 4th playoff game to 'win the bronze'.

Excellent shooting.
                                                                                                        Have to laugh at the commentators, they've been mentioning the Irish love winning in Twickenham. Great performance.

Comment

He hadn’t lost a tournament from leading in the 3rd round or tied for the lead until he lost the 2009 (I think) PGA to YE Yang. He played shots and holed putts at crucial times in tournaments consistently . The best players today can do it sometimes but not the majority of the time like Tiger did and that’s why they don’t win as much. People argue that golf is more competitive now but that’s why I go back to stroke average. No one has beaten his stroke averages over the last few years and that is with golf getting easier.
                                                                                                          I remember PP paying out on him at the end of the 3rd round on that.

Intuitively that seems like a pretty fair measure of that clutch ability.
                                                                                                          I know collapses like Rorys at the Masters are well documented but I wonder how often players actually lose while leading by the same amount of shots Tiger would lead by during his prime.

I don't doubt his edge was huge relative to the players, when he was at his peak but you must think that even if skill level remained stagnant, the gap in athleticism has narrowed significantly.
                                                                                                          Tiger even in his prime vs the current crop simply couldn't have an edge as big as he did vs previous crop of players on that difference alone unless you think that the current skill level has diminished on average.

Comment

That decision against Waterford in the hurling was shocking. The umpire was around the back of the goals and ran around to say the ball had crossed the line. Watch his position if you get a chance later. Really hard on wd.

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                                                                                                              That decision against Waterford in the hurling was shocking. The umpire was around the back of the goals and ran around to say the ball had crossed the line. Watch his position if you get a chance later. Really hard on wd.
                                                                                                              Glad to hear your eye sight has improved recently Careca?. Who would have thought.

Comment

Originally posted by brady23 View Post
                                                                                                                I remember PP paying out on him at the end of the 3rd round on that.

Intuitively that seems like a pretty fair measure of that clutch ability.
                                                                                                                I know collapses like Rorys at the Masters are well documented but I wonder how often players actually lose while leading by the same amount of shots Tiger would lead by during his prime.

I don't doubt his edge was huge relative to the players, when he was at his peak but you must think that even if skill level remained stagnant, the gap in athleticism has narrowed significantly.
                                                                                                                Tiger even in his prime vs the current crop simply couldn't have an edge as big as he did vs previous crop of players on that difference alone unless you think that the current skill level has diminished on average.
                                                                                                                His mind was so strong though.

I watched his putt in the 2008 US open probably 100 times to get into the playoff. It’s like he willed it into the hole. I think him winning that is probably the greatest win of all time. None of today’s players would have even played.

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                                                                                                                  Fucking disgrace. On the way home from it and disgusted

Comment

Loving the golf talk.

Shot 8 over today at a local course. My best round ever. Best round by 7 strokes. Absolutely delighted. Goal was to beat 80 this year and I hit a 76 on a par 68. So nearly there. Break 80 in my first full summer of golf and I’d be absolutely thrilled. Shot 94 on a different course yesterday... so I’m not getting ahead of myself.

I am absolutely obsessed though. Reckon there hasn’t been a day I haven’t struck a ball since winter fucked off. Tight summer here so gotta make the most of it.
                                                                                                                    This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                                                                    All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                                                    The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

His mind was so strong though.

I watched his putt in the 2008 US open probably 100 times to get into the playoff. It’s like he willed it into the hole. I think him winning that is probably the greatest win of all time. None of today’s players would have even played.
                                                                                                                      That's fine if you believe that and maybe you're right but I don't really know how you could come to that conclusion tbh.

You can say he has an incredible work ethic as shown by his physical condition, practice hours etc and that put him in a position to win but I don't really buy into the "mind is so strong stuff" and "willed it into the hole"(sounds like a Mike Bullocks quip).

I really like watching Tiger BTW, on or off form it's great TV. I hope he wins soon, if he won a major it would be brilliant.

Comment

Made a woman lol today in Aldi.

She was struggling to put a box of sirloins on the top shelf after rummaging for the best one. I took it off her to help, she thanked me and giggled about how they should have a step for people like her.

I goes 'yeah, the steaks are too high'

Very proud of meself.
                                                                                                                        I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by jack90210 View Post
                                                                                                                          http://www.rtvslo.si/slovenija/volil...-minuto/456913

Live updates from the Slovenia State Broadcaster which can be translated into English. Exit polls showing Slovenian Democrats double the nearest party although they may struggle to form a coalition.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X