Aintree 2017 Tipping Competition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aintree 2017 Tipping Competition

Same as the Cheltenham version and following on from last year's tour de force by TheImprover.

Note that nicnic has kindly donated €200 of his winnings from Cheltenham to the pool and it will be used as follows:
    You must nominate a NAP selection on Days 1 and 2. Simply put the word NAP in brackets after your selection's name to advise of yours.
    Thus:
    The person who nominates the longest priced winning NAP on Days 1 and 2 gets €100 to gamble on Day 3 (Grand National day). Simply nominate your bet in thread and I will place for you with proof given of same.
    If 2 or more people nominate the same winning NAP, the €100 is split equally.

The rest of the T&Cs are as per usual.

1. €50 entry fee. Winner takes 100% of the prize pool. You must pay in advance via bank transfer (PM for details if you don't have already). Don't whinge about this, everyone has online banking these days.

You are only entered when your money hits my account. My account is with AIB so if your isn't, you should probably pay 3 workings days before the off to ensure entry. AIB to AIB should be instant.
    I will pay out the prizepool immediately following the Festival to your bank account.

2. You get 1,000 fantasy euro to wager on the upcoming Aintree festival (Note; this is from 6-8 April i.e. Thursday to Saturday. Winner is obviously the person with the largest fantasy 'bank' at the end of the week.

3. Max bet per race is 100 fantasy euro. Win or each-way bets only (no place only bets). Minimum bet per race is 20 fantasy euro. You do not have to bet in every race. You can back more than one horse in a single race (up to a total stake of 100 in that race) but multiple selections can only add up to 100 fantasy euro max in that race. No doubles\trebles etc.
    The Place portion of any Each Way bet will be paid at 1/4 the odds of the S.P., number of places paid to be as per the bookies rules on the race.

3. You must wager a minimum of 250 fantasy euro per day of racing (unless you start the day with less in your bank)

4. All bets for each day's racing must be nominated in this thread by 1pm on each day of racing. If you have not posted by then, you will be presumed to have placed no bets for that day. One post per entrant per day. You can edit your post up to 1pm as much as you like, any editing after 1pm will result in forfeit of 750 fantasy euro and your bets for that day being null and void.

5. All bets are at official starting prices.

6. All my decisions are final and any disagreement is pointless.

7. I will post an updated League table each evening after the day's racing.

8. If you select a horse that is subsequently declared a non-runner (and do not amend your post before 1pm), your stake is automatically transferred to the favourite in that race. In the case of joint or co-favourites, it will transfer to the horse with the lowest racecard number.

9. I am a generous old bollix so all races will be Double Result (i.e. FPP and RoR).

Happy punting.
    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Jesus hes off, when is this on?

Im deffo in and Ill throw in Mdoug if he wants under same conditions he did with me
    Her sky-ness
    © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
      Jesus hes off, when is this on?
      Two weeks from Thursday. Starts 6-Apr.

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
      Im deffo in and Ill throw in Mdoug if he wants under same conditions he did with me
      Good to have you.

mdoug definitely wants no part of any competition and said so (via PM) in very clear terms. So that won't be happening...let's leave it at that.

Comment

In very clear terms ?

I'm out cunty cunty face cunty of any cunty competition you cunty run you cuntyhead elite cunt.

I'm in cuntyface. (anyhoo)

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
          Two weeks from Thursday. Starts 6-Apr.

Good to have you.

mdoug definitely wants no part of any competition and said so (via PM) in very clear terms. So that won't be happening...let's leave it at that.
          send on your visa debit card details ex date and last 3 didgits of card and ill send the loots , thats how its done right
          Her sky-ness
          © 5starpool

Comment

In if moanydoug and cuntyarazi enter.

Comment

Potentially in if I can get a timezone dispensation

Comment

In
                Last edited by The Situation; 20-03-17, 00:55.
                Profit before people.

Comment

Will donate, sent.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                    Potentially in if I can get a timezone dispensation
                    Sure, you can post your bets whenever you like.
                    SPOILER

As long as they're before 1pm GMT

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

I'll give this a go.

Can you pm me your bank details?

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

send me on details please....do you want mine too for when you transfer winnings
                            Her sky-ness
                            © 5starpool

Comment

Only 4 runners and riders so far, which makes the NAPS competition highly +EV

nicnic
                              SatNav
                              Hitch
                              RD3

Comment

had so much fun following the cheltenham one so fuck it add me as dead money and send the details over.

Comment

just shipped there

Comment

nicnic
                                    SatNav
                                    Hitch
                                    RD3
                                    Shraaaaap

Comment

Is this closed tonight and there's only 5 entries so far? I'll pull out

Comment

Originally posted by TheJiggaman View Post
                                        Is this closed tonight and there's only 5 entries so far? I'll pull out
                                        It probably won't be as big as Cheltenham but it should still make it to at least £1200 ish

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                          It probably won't be as big as Cheltenham but it should still make it to at least £1200 ish
                                          Euros you Brit imperialist running pig-dog.

Closing date is still miles off Jiggyman.

Comment

Euros you Brit imperialist running pig-dog.

Closing date is still miles off Jiggyman.
                                            The plural of Euro is Euro, now run off to the Germans like a good lad and ask them to build you another road or walk bridge or the likes

Comment

Shipped the dead money.

Comment

Money sent , enjoy . OK horses break the curse not yer legs

Comment

Originally posted by eoghan104 View Post
                                                  Shipped the dead money.
                                                  +1

Comment

Confirmed runners and riders so far:

nicnic
                                                    SatNav
                                                    Hitch
                                                    RD3
                                                    Shraaaaap
                                                    KevIRL
                                                    Sitch
                                                    Mike Hunt
                                                    Eoghan104

€450 in the pool so far plus the €200 of Nicnic Naps-nominating notes.

Comment

In, shipped.

Comment

nicnic
                                                        SatNav
                                                        Hitch
                                                        RD3
                                                        Shraaaaap
                                                        KevIRL
                                                        Sitch
                                                        Mike Hunt
                                                        Eoghan104
                                                        Jibzzz

€500 in the pool so far plus the €200 of Nicnic Naps-nominating notes.

Comment

Sent on the computer. Not sure how long that takes from BOI as its my first ever transfer

Comment

Note that nicnic has kindly donated €200 of his winnings from Cheltenham to the pool and it will be used as follows:
                                                            You must nominate a NAP selection on Days 1 and 2. Simply put the word NAP in brackets after your selection's name to advise of yours.
                                                            Thus:

The person who nominates the longest priced winning NAP on Days 1 and 2 gets €100 to gamble on Day 3 (Grand National day). Simply nominate your bet in thread and I will place for you with proof given of same.
                                                            If no winning NAP, then the €100 goes to the next best-performing NAP.

e.g. the one that came second at the longest price. And so forth. Or whatever I feel.like.

Comment

Count me in I'll sort ya out when i get around to it
                                                              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                              Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                              https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

I'll donate €50 if anyone can help me out.

I can send money via paypal, moneybookers, pokerstars.
                                                                If somebody could act as a middle man getting it to Raoul it would be swell.
                                                                Sure if you're planning on winning you'll get it back anyway

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                                  I'll donate €50 if anyone can help me out.

I can send money via paypal, moneybookers, pokerstars.
                                                                  If somebody could act as a middle man getting it to Raoul it would be swell.
                                                                  Sure if you're planning on winning you'll get it back anyway
                                                                  I'll sort this for you mellor

Edit - sent
                                                                  Last edited by KevIRL; 31-03-17, 07:42.

Comment

nicnic
                                                                    SatNav
                                                                    Hitch
                                                                    RD3
                                                                    Shraaaaap
                                                                    KevIRL
                                                                    Sitch
                                                                    Mike Hunt
                                                                    Eoghan104
                                                                    Jibzzz
                                                                    Dice
                                                                    Mellor

€600 in the pool so far plus the €200 of Nicnic Naps-nominating notes.

Comment

Donation sent
                                                                      Redbet at the Dublin Poker Invasion FTW

Comment

sent
                                                                        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Currently at €750.

Looking for a last minute rush to create a decent prize pool.

Comment

Only have 54 posts and dont know a single person on the forum but always enjoy reading the topics,if no one minds il give this a go,beginners luck maybe If raoul could pm bank details that would be great

Comment

#39
                                                                              Originally posted by bigfrank08 View Post
                                                                              Only have 54 posts and dont know a single person on the forum but always enjoy reading the topics,if no one minds il give this a go,beginners luck maybe If raoul could pm bank details that would be great
                                                                              You appear to have the requisite credentials. PM en route.

Comment

#40
                                                                                Originally posted by bigfrank08 View Post
                                                                                How are your Excel skills?
                                                                                Redbet at the Dublin Poker Invasion FTW

Comment

#41
                                                                                  Originally posted by The Aul Switcharoo View Post
                                                                                  How are your Excel skills?
                                                                                  that reminds me.....

There's not even a choice this time

Post your picks as a table, following these simple steps.....

1. First the easy bit....
                                                                                  Choose all the winners and work out your bets according to the rules of the competition.

Then, open your spreadsheet application - can be Excel or any other equivalent. Any idiot can get this done on a smartphone so no excuses.

So say I know I want to make the following bets

Race 1 Nagsnutnoel 50E Each Way
                                                                                  Race 2 Askmebollix 100 Win
                                                                                  Race 5 Satnavscat 25 Win

Open Excel (or whatever you're having yourself) and fill in your table per the below:

Fill in each column as per the below:

Race
                                                                                  the letter 'R' followed by the number of the race on the racecard
                                                                                  e.g. R1 = the first race on the card, R5 = the fifth race on the card etc

Horse
                                                                                  The horse's name - spelt correctly as per the racecard. The system only recognises correct spellings.

Bet
                                                                                  The amount you want to bet on your selection. If you want to bet each way, type that amount i.e. if you want 20 each way, type 20. The system will know.

Bet Type
                                                                                  Either W (win) or EW (each way). Well, duh.

2. Copy the contents of your little table to this a new post on this thread

Wrap it in table tags (the magic button is the one highlighted inside the star), per the below:

Click 'submit reply'

3. Hey presto, you're done with a lovely shiny table like this:

Edit away up to the deadline of 1pm each day

Follow the above and make me a happy man. This competition actually takes quite a bit of work to run so taking two minutes out to create and post a table will save me a lot of time.

If you fuck up your entries, it's on you

Comment

#42

nicnic
                                                                                    SatNav
                                                                                    Hitch
                                                                                    RD3
                                                                                    Shraaaaap
                                                                                    KevIRL
                                                                                    Sitch
                                                                                    Mike Hunt
                                                                                    Eoghan104
                                                                                    Jibzzz
                                                                                    Dice
                                                                                    Mellor
                                                                                    New Approach
                                                                                    The Auld Switcheròòoooooooooooooo

€700 in the pool so far plus the €200 of Nicnic Naps-nominating notes.

More in the post.

Comment

#43
                                                                                      Just shipped now, hopefully not too late!

Comment

#44
                                                                                        Originally posted by bohsman View Post
                                                                                        Just shipped now, hopefully not too late!
                                                                                        Should be grand.

And you're due in one of these.

Comment

#45
                                                                                          IN

SENT

USUAL REFERENCE (or lack of, dependent on transfer company)

Comment

#46
                                                                                            Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                                                                            IN

SENT

USUAL REFERENCE (or lack of, dependent on transfer company)

Couldn't even be bothered hexing you.

Comment

#47

nicnic
                                                                                              SatNav
                                                                                              Hitch
                                                                                              RD3
                                                                                              Shraaaaap
                                                                                              KevIRL
                                                                                              Sitch
                                                                                              Mike Hunt
                                                                                              Eoghan104
                                                                                              Jibzzz
                                                                                              Dice
                                                                                              Mellor
                                                                                              New Approach
                                                                                              Bohsman
                                                                                              El Shambola

€800 in the pool so far plus the €200 of Nicnic Naps-nominating notes.

Comment

#48
                                                                                                Remember: nominate a NAP bet on Days 1 and 2.

Longest price NAP winner gets a €100 free bet on Day 3, courtesy of nicnic.

Comment

#49
                                                                                                  I'll go to AIB Thur morning and lodge it direct to you acc. Presume I'm good to go once dosh in before 1pm?

Comment

#50
                                                                                                    Originally posted by careca View Post
                                                                                                    I'll go to AIB Thur morning and lodge it direct to you acc. Presume I'm good to go once dosh in before 1pm?
                                                                                                    Assuming you are good for it, so consider yourself in.

Comment

#51
                                                                                                      I shipped earlier today​, should be testing in your account soon
                                                                                                      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

#52
                                                                                                        ...Donated just now...The extra €200 was the sweetener :-)...

Comment

#53
                                                                                                          That should take us to 4 figures

Comment

#54

nicnic
                                                                                                            SatNav
                                                                                                            Hitch
                                                                                                            RD3
                                                                                                            Shraaaaap
                                                                                                            KevIRL
                                                                                                            Sitch
                                                                                                            Mike Hunt
                                                                                                            Eoghan104
                                                                                                            Jibzzz
                                                                                                            Dice
                                                                                                            Mellor
                                                                                                            New Approach
                                                                                                            Bohsman
                                                                                                            El Shambola
                                                                                                            Strewel
                                                                                                            luckforsome.....
                                                                                                            Gimmeabreak

€950 in the pool so far plus the €200 of Nicnic Naps-nominating notes.

Dead Parrott,you might want to check your bank as that should have landed by now? No sign on my side.
                                                                                                            Last edited by Raoul Duke III; 05-04-17, 08:03.

Comment

#55

nicnic
                                                                                                              SatNav
                                                                                                              Hitch
                                                                                                              RD3
                                                                                                              Shraaaaap
                                                                                                              KevIRL
                                                                                                              Sitch
                                                                                                              Mike Hunt
                                                                                                              Eoghan104
                                                                                                              Jibzzz
                                                                                                              Dice
                                                                                                              Mellor
                                                                                                              New Approach
                                                                                                              Bohsman
                                                                                                              El Shambola
                                                                                                              Strewel
                                                                                                              luckforsome.....
                                                                                                              Gimmeabreak

Cheques in the post:
                                                                                                              careca
                                                                                                              Dead Parrott
                                                                                                              bigfrank08

€1100 in the pool so far plus the €200 of Nicnic Naps-nominating notes.

Comment

#56
                                                                                                                Lodged in machine in AIB about 10 mins ago so should be there by this afternoon at latest. Thanks for organising again.

Comment

#57
                                                                                                                  Originally posted by careca View Post
                                                                                                                  Lodged in machine in AIB about 10 mins ago so should be there by this afternoon at latest. Thanks for organising again.
                                                                                                                  confirmed landed, ty for your kind donation

Comment

#58

nicnic
                                                                                                                    SatNav
                                                                                                                    Hitch
                                                                                                                    RD3
                                                                                                                    Shraaaaap
                                                                                                                    KevIRL
                                                                                                                    Sitch
                                                                                                                    Mike Hunt
                                                                                                                    Eoghan104
                                                                                                                    Jibzzz
                                                                                                                    Dice
                                                                                                                    Mellor
                                                                                                                    New Approach
                                                                                                                    Bohsman
                                                                                                                    El Shambola
                                                                                                                    Strewel
                                                                                                                    luckforsome.....
                                                                                                                    Gimmeabreak
                                                                                                                    careca

Cheques in the post:
                                                                                                                    Dead Parrott
                                                                                                                    bigfrank08

€1000 confirmed in the pool so far plus the €200 of Nicnic Naps-nominating notes.

Plus €100 in the post.

Comment

#59
                                                                                                                      reminder about NAP-nominating

You must nominate (one only!) a NAP selection on Days 1 and 2. Simply put the word NAP in brackets after your selection's name to advise of yours.
                                                                                                                      Thus:

The person who nominates the longest priced winning NAP on Days 1 and 2 each gets €100 to gamble on Day 3 (Grand National day). Simply nominate your bet in thread and I will place for you with proof given of same.

No change to how you post your bets as a table:

Comment

#60
                                                                                                                        Some horsey jokes, which anyone who has ever owned a leg if a nag will probably sympathise with:

A racehorse owner takes his horse to the vet. “Will I be able to race this horse again?,” he asks
                                                                                                                        The vet replies: “Of course you will, and you’ll probably win!”

I bought a horse. In its first race it went off at 25 to 1. The only problem is that all the other horses left at 12:30.

What’s a horse’s favourite TV show?
                                                                                                                        Neighbours

badoom-tish

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                        X