Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
    A few in here might know John Hanaphy - one of the good guys.

On the feature table in EPT Barcelona with 150 left from 2k runners...

https://www.twitch.tv/pokerstars
    He got into a lovely spot there earlier lol

3 bet AA and called by AJ
    Ad 8d X flop.
    Bet - call
    turn
    Bet - Call
    River
    He checks with 70% of stack in middle and gets stuck in.
    2 x timebanks later he sigh calls to win a 70bb pot

Comment

A few in here might know John Hanaphy - one of the good guys.

On the feature table in EPT Barcelona with 150 left from 2k runners...

https://www.twitch.tv/pokerstars
      Does he post here as someone?

Comment

Originally posted by newbie2 View Post
        Does he post here as someone?
        Dont think so - certainly wouldnt post much if he does.

You must know him to see?

Comment

Ah Yeah I know him well, Just thought he might post here. Every time I meet someone at an event, I find out sometime later that they post here as someone or whomever, and in fact we've chatted incognito for a number of years....

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
            I know it's un-pc to say it, but I find that Scottish/smiley/lesbian conservative leader more annoying.
            It's only un-pc if you find her annoying becuase she is a lesbian

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
            Any standouts in the O'Brien wine sale?
            Not really a stand out but the following is fairly decent value

Chateau Fourcas Hosten 2011 - reduced from 29.95 to 19.95

Also, it's not much of a reduction (you'd get the same for buying 12 anyway) plus you'd need to stash it away for at least 10 years but the 2014 Sarget de Gruaud Larose Saint Julien (reduced from 45 to 39.95) is defientely one to stash away

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
              Why?
              It's partially this

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
              Its most bizzare that she ever was a Tory.
              Though it's mostly the fake, permanent smiley face. Gives me the creeps.
              Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

It's partially this

Though it's mostly the fake, permanent smiley face. Gives me the creeps.
                Well, you may take a bow sir. She finally dug your vibe.
                "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

A few in here might know John Hanaphy
                  Bleeding a bit now

Comment

Funny thing not really being talked about enough with regard to Al De Pheffel Johnson and his coup, is that he isnt even a proper brexiter, so the real reason for people who's friends/families make money from the financial exchanges and disaster capitalism doing this is...

Right in front of peoples eyes!

and the press say nothing, and labour say nothing, and the libs say nothing as if they are all part of the same machine that has treated the Brits like under educated indentured servants for a 1000 years

If this was one of the "brown" countries the whole world would be taking about stepping in

oooh and the next time someone speaks of the Irish as working class or middle class, point at the brits, remind them we are a republic, we are not subjects, we do not have an inherent cast system (unless we choose to have one), ask them to use terms such as "working poor", "working well off" etc and laugh in there faces with their shite

Comment

who cares? whens x factor back ?
                      Last edited by DeadParrot; 29-08-19, 14:22.
                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post

Did they mention that to the taxi driver from Essex with a Spanish holiday home when looking for his vote?

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post

who cares? whens x factor back ?
                          Gonna be some mad number, a flood you might call it, of decrepit sun baked gammons with chirossis of the liver and covered in melanomas coming back from Spain and taking back control of the NHS
                          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Gonna be some mad number, a flood you might call it, of decrepit sun baked gammons with chirossis of the liver and covered in melanomas coming back from Spain and taking back control of the NHS
                            The thing he actually linked to says talk to your doctor/insurer but truth is (which is his point) people will be told X amount of money or no insurance for you

Comment

Just back from first summer holiday in the mountains with the kids, and i have to say it was pretty fantastic.
                              Accommodation is pretty cheap, yet very nice, which meant most of our budget was spent on activities. we did 1 day of rafting which was great fun (2 and a half to 3 hours in the water but you're up at 730 and back at 2pm), 3 days of downhill mountain biking (really physical stuff, going down green, blue, red, trails, or even black if you dare) which absolutely shattered us and separated the meek from the strong. Wife gave up after day 2 (although even that was one day too many for her) and our 11 year old showed us he was the fastest, maddest one of the lot of us, and on day 3 when there was no holding back by any of us he ended up taking some crazy tumbles going hell for leather. Scary stuff at times but we all survived.

Then obviously 2 or 3 days walking in the oldest national park in France with some amazing scenery.

all this finishing up with a couple of hours in the pool overlooking the mont blanc at the end of every day.

I think it's the first time i've ever lost weight on holidays to be honest

Only downside really might be the food as where we were, there is only one small supermarket and selection is pretty pricey, but the amount of physical stuff you're doing, you're looking to refuel more than you are to savour. Beers on the terrace at the end of the day were well deserved though!!

Comment

Good testament to whoever did the work on your leg!

Any pain at all from the above?

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                  Good testament to whoever did the work on your leg!

Any pain at all from the above?
                                  Lol, excruciating. Walking a long time especially downhill put an end to any walk over 2 hours for me (managed a 5 hour one but was in agony most of the way back). Pain starts off at a 4 but after 2 hours builds to a 9. Thankfully, an hours rest and back to a 3.

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                    Just back from first summer holiday in the mountains with the kids, and i have to say it was pretty fantastic.
                                    Accommodation is pretty cheap, yet very nice, which meant most of our budget was spent on activities. we did 1 day of rafting which was great fun (2 and a half to 3 hours in the water but you're up at 730 and back at 2pm), 3 days of downhill mountain biking (really physical stuff, going down green, blue, red, trails, or even black if you dare) which absolutely shattered us and separated the meek from the strong. Wife gave up after day 2 (although even that was one day too many for her) and our 11 year old showed us he was the fastest, maddest one of the lot of us, and on day 3 when there was no holding back by any of us he ended up taking some crazy tumbles going hell for leather. Scary stuff at times but we all survived.

Then obviously 2 or 3 days walking in the oldest national park in France with some amazing scenery.

all this finishing up with a couple of hours in the pool overlooking the mont blanc at the end of every day.

Only downside really might be the food as where we were, there is only one small supermarket and selection is pretty pricey, but the amount of physical stuff you're doing, you're looking to refuel more than you are to savour. Beers on the terrace at the end of the day were well deserved though!!
                                    What a great holiday for your alter ego . Wait until you find out about this.

Comment

Ooops sorry Shrap. Thought it was Hitch posting

Comment

That sounds truly amazing Shrap. Way to entertain your kids, I can only imagine their school stories after that.

Huge admiration for the way you live.
                                        I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Bout five mins left on these chorizo spuds Dom, wanna set the table?

Comment

Heading to Prague on a stag in October. Looking for a restaurant for the first night for 12 of us. Any decent suggestions or ideas?

Comment

And heading to Lahinch for a weekend for some pints and golf end of September. Vaughans Anchor Inn in Liscannor booked for the Saturday night. Any good? Any other restaurants or pubs not to be missed?

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                Time for bed for me almost. You mentaler.

Almost any meal with chorizo though is amazing. What an ingredient.

Comment

Like do you have lunch at 6pm?

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post

Pretty funny considering the post brexit health coverage posts above.

Sounds like a carefree time knowing that if anything went wrong your eu citizenship meant you would be taken care of.

I guess there is always blackpool.

Comment

Originally posted by thechamp87 View Post
                                                      And heading to Lahinch for a weekend for some pints and golf end of September. Vaughans Anchor Inn in Liscannor booked for the Saturday night. Any good? Any other restaurants or pubs not to be missed?
                                                      Have been to Lahinch loads of times and eaten in loads of places. Cant think of a bad meal there. It's so small everywhere has to be good or else they wont do a trade. One of my favourite places to visit. Enjoy.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                        Funny, I like my lunch early, usually eat around 12:15.

Other than a nibble here or there I don't eat anything else until dinner.

In fairness, it's a little later than I'd like tonight. We usually eat around 9.

I get home around 6.30, mess about with the kids for an hour or so then we both take a kid each to get them off to bed. I take the handier eldest, after reading her a story and that it's usually about 8.15 by the time I come down and start cooking, with Creedo on in the background.

Missus usually makes it out about 9 and we eat.

An hour or so of TV watching or phone browsage then off to bed and rinse and repeat.
                                                        Last edited by Lazare; 29-08-19, 21:49.

Comment

Wife invited some of her more bibulous friends around for dinner. Had to stand sentry duty on the good vino whilst appearing a good and generous host. Managed to get them away and satisfied with the horsepitality imo.

Good sweat though.

Comment

Similar experience as Nicky re vaping.

I was an un-healthy mess when I smoked. Smoked Amber leaf rollies for the last couple of years of smoking. Marlboro lights up until that. Loved smoking, loved rolling cigarettes, but it was killing me.

Morning ritual was waking up stuck eyed groggy, running the cold tap in preparation of coughed up guts. Every morning. For years. Then eating some quick food so I can have that morning smoke. Had a constant wheeze. Pockets were always full of tissues as I was blocknosed and snotty all year round.

I've never weighed more than about 65kg and towards the last couple of years smoking I used to have to stop at the top of stairs to catch my breath.

Had been trying to quit them for almost 20 years. Longest stretch off them was a little over 3 years from 2000 to 2003. Millennium resolution. They slowly crept back up on me.

It was always the same pattern whenever I tried to quit. After suffering for a day or two I would spend three or four weeks full of optimism, determination and healthy choices.

Then I would smoke a King Edward cigar while out having a few pints on a Saturday night, smoking it like a cigarette. I'd have another one the next Saturday night because the last one did no harm.

Then I'd have a King Edward every time I went for a pint, because I had that one that Saturday and it did me no harm.

Then I'd go for a pint on a Tuesday afternoon, so I could have a King Edward.

Then I realised taking back up smoking would prevent alcoholism.

Did that routine about six times over 15 years or so. I think I just loved smoking too much. I was destined, like my Dad and my sister to be a lifer.

A month before my first girl was born I decided, after reading a lot of what Nicky, SatNav and others were saying, to give vaping a try. July 2014.

I had just bought a pack of tobacco on the Friday, would normally last me until about Tue. On Saturday morning I went into town to the vape shop and bought a kit. The guy asked me what brand I smoked, then sold me the closest tasting juice, Virginia tobacco.

Plan was to introduce the vape slowly and hopefully by Tuesday be transitioned enough to skip buying another bag of tobacco. I took about two or three puffs of it then poured my pouch of tobacco into the bin.

That was a little over five years ago and I think I might have had two maybe three cigarettes since.

Five years ago I may aswel have been 70 years old. Wheezing up steps, constantly coughing and snotting. Teeth yellowed and greasy skinned. My lungs probably had ten years left in them.

Five years vaping the same virginia tobacco juice and now I'm a distance runner, running between 4 and 8 miles before breakfast most days. Running five days a week on average. My lung function, my aerobic fitness is better now than it's ever been in my life. I've vaped all morning before marathons and races and went out and performed. I ran a sub 20 5k in May after spending all that day vaping.

I couldn't walk up stairs.

It's changed my life.

Comment

GFYL

Comment

Originally posted by thechamp87 View Post
                                                                Originally posted by Western_Sean View Post
                                                                Hope you enjoy your visit to Clare

A few places you might think about if Wild honey inn doesn't work out.

Oar in Doolin is a new entrant to the market this year it's not a big menu but it's all really well done.

Little Fox in Ennistymon is an experience for an open-minded diner. The menu is eclectic and you're going to have to be willing to eat most of it to feel well-fed. The food is exceptional in terms of quality and ingenuity though. They have a communal seating policy so you can end up sharing a table which is something to be conscious of before you arrive.

If you get a fine Sunday morning it's hard to top brunch overlooking the beach at Randaddy in Lahinch.

If you're heading the other way from Kilnaboy Linnnanes in new Quay is hard to top for seafood and The pier head in Kinvara is consistently good.

Sweet n'green in Ennis is an exceptional lunch stop if you're coming in that way.
                                                                This list was shared recently for restaurants in the area

Comment

These are heartening tales of how drugs changed lives for the better.

GFY Nancy Reagan.

Comment

Wife invited some of her more bibulous friends around for dinner. Had to stand sentry duty on the good vino whilst appearing a good and generous host. Managed to get them away and satisfied with the horsepitality imo.

Good sweat though.
                                                                    Lol just catching up and reading this got me thinking about all our different problems that present. Today feels like one of those pivotal days where we might be at complete opposite ends of the spectrum. Gonna use that poker onetime they all talk about and see if we can turn your win into a double

Comment

That sounds truly amazing Shrap. Way to entertain your kids, I can only imagine their school stories after that.

Huge admiration for the way you live.
                                                                      cheers man. As i can't run and play sports which involve running, i have to find other sports/activities we can do together, and as they get older you realise you can do lots of other more technical ones which weren't possible before. We also do every year now one week windsurfing in Brittany, just the boys and I in July, which we absolutely love.

Added to that the fact that i'd just spent 14 months on crutches, i was craving physical activity in a big way this summer, so this was great.

Comment

Lol just catching up and reading this got me thinking about all our different problems that present. Today feels like one of those pivotal days where we might be at complete opposite ends of the spectrum. Gonna use that poker onetime they all talk about and see if we can turn your win into a double
                                                                        May the rungood be with you.

That crew last night was the one, where several years back, I went out for poker and they came around for dinner. Came back to find that they had horsed into the good gear and cleaned me out of a case of very good Seth Efrikan (Fusion V) plonk that I had painstakingly transported back from the southern hemisphere.

Traumatic stuff. Hence the sentry routine last night.

Comment

May the rungood be with you.

That crew last night was the one, where several years back, I went out for poker and they came around for dinner. Came back to find that they had horsed into the good gear and cleaned me out of a case of very good Seth Efrikan (Fusion V) plonk that I had painstakingly transported back from the southern hemisphere.

Traumatic stuff. Hence the sentry routine last night.
                                                                          Eurocave with a lock on it. Job done!

Comment

In these troubled times cometh the hour cometh the man.
                                                                            Quoting Lear, a meditation on technology and death but mostly he really loves football

Hmmmm Wanton boys ...

Comment

The baldy lad has been putting up a lot of videos recently. Nearly a million subscribers in quite a short time too

🇺🇦 Buying a Soviet bicycle, climbing an abandoned Soviet tower, finding a snake in the toilet, buying village home brew, drunken motorcycle journey and muc...

🇷🇺 You can take trains from Moscow to all kinds of romantic sounding places; St Petersburg, Vladivostok, Beijing...Well I didn't do that, instead I chose t...

🇷🇺 Whist travelling the backwaters of Russia I heard about the Mordvoian people who speak a language called Moksha. And so began my journey to a village de...

Comment

The baldy lad has been putting up a lot of videos recently. Nearly a million subscribers in quite a short time too

🇺🇦 Buying a Soviet bicycle, climbing an abandoned Soviet tower, finding a snake in the toilet, buying village home brew, drunken motorcycle journey and muc...
                                                                                First comment under the video:

makavashi
                                                                                1 month ago
                                                                                Peoples from Moldova want to thank you, because of your video our local authorities repaired subway.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                                  I don't get in the door until 7 most nights.
                                                                                  Playing with daughter, bed routine, wash the day off myself.
                                                                                  I'd be having dinner same time as laz most nights I'd say
                                                                                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                  Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                  https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

'Party in Soviet village'

is he a time traveller?

Comment

'Party in Soviet village'

is he a time traveller?
                                                                                      Most of the places he goes to could be in the 1980's except for the mobile phones and some of the cars.

Comment

Originally posted by 6starpool View Post
                                                                                        Time for bed for me almost. You mentaler.

Almost any meal with chorizo though is amazing. What an ingredient.
                                                                                        My go to weekend breakfast, fry up some garlic, onion, chilli and chorizo, lump in your leftover cooked spud fry it all up, take it off heat and crack two eggs over it, into oven for 7 minutes. Perfect
                                                                                        airport, lol

Comment

6 months of running every other day . Zero weight loss. In fact gained a tad.

2 weeks of cutting out the late evening meals. 3kg lost . Hmmmm.

Comment

My Vaping

5 years ago I fell off my bike and injured my shoulder and ankle and basically could hardly walk up the stairs for a month until one day I saw a vaping kit lying on the sideboard. I took a puff/sip/drag? And BANG. I was flying up the stairs , skipping steps and landed on the top stair like a gymnast. I fell off my bike again however as I had vaped earlier that day I hardly felt a thing and sprung to my feet and cycled away, past the group from Dundrum Wheelers and off up to the Sally Gap. As I never smoked before I decided I’d buy a packet anyway and loudly and ostentatiously throw them into a public bin . Vaping changed my life.

I can now speak 5 languages fluently as the Vaping packs kits I ordered on the Internet came from 4 diferent countries. Vaping gave me the strength to learn these languages as I google translated the instructions. My fav flavour is smokey bacon .

Comment

For all you vapers. The Staves.

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post

I won a weight loss competition in my gym last year, tracked it all and it was easily 80%+ diet even with me in the gym like 6/7 days a week.

Comment

You can't outrun a bad diet

Comment

You can't outrun a bad diet
                                                                                                    Unfortunately, it's completely true, I started a new gym programme with a guy and it's been the hardest I've worked in probably 5 years.

Although you can't out train a bad diet, the diet falls into place far easier when you're working hard.

Comment

Cut out all snacking and sugars and just eat 2 big meals preferably within 6 hours of each other and weight will continue to fall off you. Try get 7+ hours sleep a night.

Exercise puts a good gloss on things once everything else is in place but it's probably not in the top 5 most important factors if weight loss is your goal.
                                                                                                      Profit before people.

Comment

Sorry me hole

Comment

Sorry me hole
                                                                                                          I have a video from a couple of years ago that started off like that but I ended up deleting on the grounds of it possibly being self incriminating

I'm probably going to end up killing or being killed by cunce like him. Where I live locals are catching lads and following them away on a weekly basis.
                                                                                                          Council are useless and cops are worse.

Every spring we do a clean up and will find 20 - 30 small loads of domestic rubbish along a 2.5 km stretch

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                                                            My go to weekend breakfast, fry up some garlic, onion, chilli and chorizo, lump in your leftover cooked spud fry it all up, take it off heat and crack two eggs over it, into oven for 7 minutes. Perfect
                                                                                                            I have a video from a couple of years ago that started off like that but I ended up deleting on the grounds of it possibly being self incriminating

I'm probably going to end up killing or being killed by cunce like him. Where I live locals are catching lads and following them away on a weekly basis.

Every spring we do a clean up and will find 20 - 30 small loads of domestic rubbish along a 2.5 km stretch
                                                                                                            in town you get the sneaky neighbours topping up your bin with their rubbish

caught an auld wan at it once, she was mortified beyond belief as she snuck her week's worth of shite into my bin at 6.30am

Comment

We do the same and it’s unreal how quickly the good work is undone. In one spot some fucker keeps collecting up dog shits in black bags and then dumping them in the ditch. The mind fucking boggles at the mindset behind that.

And yet we have a 78 year old man who walks the roads everyday and collects rubbish as he goes. Just doing his bit every day to make the place a bit nicer.

I’m fairness that video really should go viral. #sorrymehole could be used to describe the efforts of the litter wardens, Gardaí and the fuckers doing the dumping. Shout out to Hitch to get behind it!!
                                                                                                              ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

in town you get the sneaky neighbours topping up your bin with their rubbish

caught an auld wan at it once, she was mortified beyond belief as she snuck her week's worth of shite into my bin at 6.30am
                                                                                                                I usually only get people putting coffee cups in mine. Just wish they wouldn't put them in the compost bin!

Comment

Garbage Can - this is so LA - Larry David, Curb Your Enthusiasm - This is from 2002, episode "Chet's Shirt" Season 03, Episode 01 (S03E01) - always makes me ...

Comment

Last Sunday night had a dream where I was attacked by a regular sized Alsatian dog. In the dream I kicked out at the dog. Unfortunately, in reality, I kicked a wall and almost broke a big toe. The pain and swelling subsided after 36 hours. Disturbingly random.

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                                                                                                      We do the same and it’s unreal how quickly the good work is undone. In one spot some fucker keeps collecting up dog shits in black bags and then dumping them in the ditch. The mind fucking boggles at the mindset behind that.

And yet we have a 78 year old man who walks the roads everyday and collects rubbish as he goes. Just doing his bit every day to make the place a bit nicer.

I’m fairness that video really should go viral. #sorrymehole could be used to describe the efforts of the litter wardens, Gardaí and the fuckers doing the dumping. Shout out to Hitch to get behind it!!
                                                                                                                      You do have to remember the progress though.

There's a scene in Mad Men where they go on a picnic. Nothing particularly strange about it - except at the end, they are getting up to leave and the wife just shakes everything up in the air off the picnic rug and they all walk off to the car.
                                                                                                                      Coke cans, chocolate wrappers etc lying in the field.

Amazing how attitudes have changed here. We forget how awful litter used to be, especially beside main roads as it was perfectly fine to just fuck your rubbish out the car window.

The absolute worst of the worst polluters in this country are farmers. Followed by rural dwellers with septic tanks.

Comment

Went and had a bit of an accident with an angle grinder with a wire brush attachment on Monday. So sad that I was tempted to take pics. Even a shaving cut is a cunt nowadays with the blood thinners.

Comment

@Kayroo, any joy yet? Still have my eye out for you since myself, brother and sister are all sorted so let me know if you get sorted.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X