X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

short stack live omaha

Was playing last night when hold em game broke up, i decided to
    sit into a deep omaha game with a short stack.Its 6 handed before i sit
    down avg stack is about €1800 5 deep 1 guy gambling with €150.
    Of the 5 deep no one has less then €1500.Game is 1/2 with live 5/10/20
    straddles at times.
    I sit in with €200 in no doubt that all im doing is trying to find a hand preferrably
    in a multiway pot with which i can try and spin it up.Im not worried about my buy in
    so im not playing scared,im just trying to get the best spot to get it in.
    So the question is when utg makes it €30 following a €10 straddle and i look down
    at Ac6c8cAd am i automatically repotting behind? I am now playing €170
    I take my time look around and am certain that the short stack behind me is shoving his
    €110 and the original raiser is never folding if i repot to €115.
    So now im certain that my aces will be up against 8 random cards at least and there
    may be more players come into pot.
    Is anyone folding here? Hoping that 8910j hand comes along shortly or does everyone
    feel that i have the best hand and its an automatic repot that commits me to the all streets.
    I know i said i was looking for a spin but in a multiway pot aces aint the best hand to be
    trying to spin up with?
    Any thoughts appreciated and if im talking through my arse ye can tell me that too.

Scorch marks in the felt for me......

Comment

Ship it. The guy that's raised it to €30 UTG and has a stack should scare off the other stacks from limping along as he'll then have an option to pot it to €600+. If you're against two players, you're just racing and hoping for the best. However if it's the fitz game (which I'm guessing it is) I'd fully expect them all to flat-call you preflop (inc. the UTG raiser) and one of them to hit the flop hard and ship.

If you don't like shipping with AA from early then fold every hand in early position, don't straddle and limp along in late position to hit a flop hard enough to shove with a pair or two, gutshot and flushdraw or something similar.

Comment

Pot it, let the shortstack shove his few chips in, and hope your AAxx holds up 3 ways for a €500+ pot....end of!

Comment

wtf 200 euro in a 5/10 game and you are looking to fold AAxx

gg sir

Comment

Working...
          X