Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My 12 week challenge

Ok going to start a log to motivate myself

My aim is to loose weight, get fit and tone up some musle.

Current weight: 83kg (13 stone) Aim 76kg (12 stone) think this is a good weight.
    Height: 5 10

Believe it or not I have already lost a stone in 3 weeks as I was 14 stone and that was all down to working long hours and doing a lot of walking and running while been away from my family in Norway and not exactly living in the most comfortable accommodation, no internet or tv, shared kitchen and bathroom with all different nationalities, probably a good thing in order to loose the weight .

I have started a 12 week programme which was reccommended to me and I have joined the gym.
    As I am now going to be at home most of the time I really need to do this and as well as getting fit it will also put me in a good frame of mind for when I start my online session's.

I have started already but i am pretty sore after my 2nd session which was 2 days ago, hopefully I should be good to go again on Monday, I did not record my 1st session which was based on a leg workout.
    Btw this is a pretty intense programme

Week 1, Day 2: Chest & Triceps

Cardio: 10 min Run
    Flat Dunbell Press: 10kg warm up 10 reps 3 sets/ 12kg 10 reps 3 sets to failure
    Incline Flyes: 12kg 10 reps 1 set/ 12kg 6 reps 1 set
    Straight Arm Pullover: 14kg 15 reps 1 set/ 16kg 15 reps 1 set
    Rope Extension: 17.5kg 10 reps 3 sets
    Lying Cable Extension: 12.5kg 6 reps 2 sets (struggled with this so going to drob back to get in at least 10 reps)
    Overhead Dunbell Extension: 10kg 12 reps 1 set/ 12kg 6 reps 1 set
    Cardio: 4 min Cycle

I missed out on 3 sessions as I was just too sore and did'nt start until Tue so might just start it from fresh next week.
    59 days off the fags as well
    Last edited by TheImprover; 17-11-13, 01:43.

Going to Call this week 1 with a fresh start.

Week 1, Day 1:Legs

Cardio: 12min Cycle Gear5 5km
    Leg Press: 20kg 12/5 warm up/ 50kg 20/3
    Hamstring Curl: 25kg 15/2 warm up/ 35kg 15/3
    Leg Extensions: 20kg 15/2 warm up/ 25kg 15/2
    Lying Hamstring curl: Missed
    Hack Squat: Missed
    Cardio: 5 min run 1km

Missed out on the last two as i could not find the correct machine for these and there was no assistant available as they were all in classes, anyway i am still a bit sore from last week.
    I am taking Whey Proteine shakes, one before and one after, is there anything else that i should/could be taking like Amino maybe?

Comment

Originally posted by TheImprover View Post
      Going to Call this week 1 with a fresh start.

Week 1, Day 1:Legs

Cardio: 12min Cycle Gear5 5km
      Leg Press: 20kg 12/5 warm up/ 50kg 20/3
      Hamstring Curl: 25kg 15/2 warm up/ 35kg 15/3
      Leg Extensions: 20kg 15/2 warm up/ 25kg 15/2
      Lying Hamstring curl: Missed
      Hack Squat: Missed
      Cardio: 5 min run 1km

Missed out on the last two as i could not find the correct machine for these and there was no assistant available as they were all in classes, anyway i am still a bit sore from last week.
      I am taking Whey Proteine shakes, one before and one after, is there anything else that i should/could be taking like Amino maybe?
      I use a supplement called xtend made by Scivation. It's a zero carb recovery drink. I've also heard really good things about Purple Wrath, if you wish to lose weight these are a much better option than a standard recovery electrolyte replacement.
      Only thing about xtend is it's very expensive but hpnutrition is the best priced I've found, it's around the 60e mark but that will last a good while.

Comment

Are you keep in track of your diet on my fitness pal or similar? Should give you a fair idea if you need the extra protein or what else you're short on.

Comment

Originally posted by brady23 View Post
          I use a supplement called xtend made by Scivation. It's a zero carb recovery drink. I've also heard really good things about Purple Wrath, if you wish to lose weight these are a much better option than a standard recovery electrolyte replacement.
          Only thing about xtend is it's very expensive but hpnutrition is the best priced I've found, it's around the 60e mark but that will last a good while.
          Ah here.

None of this will have any marked effect on this mans training or his weightloss.

If there was a supplement that improved consistency in workouts and solid nutrition Id recommend that.
          This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
          All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
          The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by bohsman View Post
            Are you keep in track of your diet on my fitness pal or similar? Should give you a fair idea if you need the extra protein or what else you're short on.
            Ya I use my fitness pal, I know my diet is fairly good tbh, the only thing is I don't eat veg but I'm on a supplement that my doctor prescribed for that.

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
              Ah here.

None of this will have any marked effect on this mans training or his weightloss.

If there was a supplement that improved consistency in workouts and solid nutrition Id recommend that.
              Without getting into a debate on this, I personally found a significant improvement in my recovery from taking xtend. Last time I ran out I found I suffered much more from cramp. I was primarily doing HIIT training all summer and it definitely improved my recovery.

Comment

Without getting into a debate on this, I personally found a significant improvement in my recovery from taking xtend. Last time I ran out I found I suffered much more from cramp. I was primarily doing HIIT training all summer and it definitely improved my recovery.
                That could be the case but both placebo, self affirmation and/or other, more likely, reasons are probably to blame.
                All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Btw this is the programme I am using, not using the same diet though. http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/kris...er-week-1.html

Comment

That could be the case but both placebo, self affirmation and/or other, more likely, reasons are probably to blame.
                    I think the fact that you are suggesting that there is no physiological benefit without researching the product or taking the product is pretty pigish but as I said I won't bother arguing.
                    Gl with the training and the nutrition.

Comment

I think the fact that you are suggesting that there is no physiological benefit without researching the product or taking the product is pretty pigish but as I said I won't bother arguing.
                      Gl with the training and the nutrition.
                      Ok?

Well I didnt suggest what you said I did, in fact, the first sentence acknowledges that it might be the case, that there very well could be benefits.

That aside, its so far down the list of things that might have a postive effect for his weightloss that its at the least pointless and borderline poor advice.

Comment

Ok?

Well I didnt suggest what you said I did, in fact, the first sentence acknowledges that it might be the case, that there very well could be benefits.

That aside, its so far down the list of things that might have a postive effect for his weightloss that its at the least pointless and borderline poor advice.
                        I really don't want to be arguing about this on a personal log thread tbh.
                        I recommended the product for recovery and simply said that it is zero carb and calorie not like most recovery supplements which are very high in carbs.
                        I never said that the product was a must have but simply a suggestion to help recovery.
                        You piped in criticising a product which you had zero knowledge of and simply dismissed my suggestion.
                        If you don't believe that it could have a positive effect on recovery, then you are more than entitled to your opinion but from experience I believe it's beneficial, you on the other hand have no evidence to show that it's not beneficial.
                        Like I said before I really don't want to be arguing this on a personal log thread so I'd prefer to leave it at that.

Comment

Bring it to the bbv

Comment

Week 1, Day 2: Back & Biceps

Cardio: 12min Cycle
                            Reverse Grip Pulldown: 30x10 40x10 45x10x2
                            Bent Over Barbell: 20x10 20x8x3
                            Hyperextension: 15x10x3
                            Straight Arm Pulldown: 20x10x5
                            Concentration Curls: 10x8x2 8x8 Per Arm
                            Alternating Dunbell Curls: 8x15 10x12x2
                            Cable Curls: 5x10x3

Day 3: Rest

Day 4: Shoulders/Calves/Abs

Cardio: 19min Run 3km
                            Military Press: Barx6x2 5x6 5x7 10x6
                            Side Raises: 8x8 8x12 8x11 8x7
                            Upright Rows 21's: 5x15 10x7x2
                            Rear Delt Raises: 8x12x7 30sec rest in between
                            Weighed Situps: 15x15 15x10 15
                            Standing Calf Raises: 20 20 20 per leg
                            Cardio: 7min Run 1km

Day 5: Chest/Triceps

Cardio: 14min run 2km
                            Flat Dunbell Press: 8x10x3 10x10 10x12
                            Incline Flyes: 8x12x2
                            Straight Arm Pullover: 16x10 18x10
                            Rope Ext: 20x12 25x12 25x12
                            Lying Cable Ext: 10x10x3
                            Cardio: 10min Cycle 4km

Feeling great and excited with this program I am doing, cant wait to see the results at the end. I have a really tuff workout tomorrow to finish off the week with my legs and no rests in between

Comment

Day 6: Rest

Day 7: Legs

Cardio: 20min Cycle 7.2km
                              Superset:
                              Leg Extensions:
                              25x30 30x30
                              Hamstring Curls: 30x20 40x20
                              Superset:
                              Walking Lunges:
                              8x40x3
                              Standing Hamstring Curls: 30 30 30
                              Leg Press: 20x50 30x50 30x30
                              Superset:
                              Leg Extensions:
                              35x30
                              Hamstring Curls: 45x20
                              Cardio: Walk on beach

Definitely the hardest work out i have done since starting but feels great, roll on tomorrow for week 2.

Comment

Week 2, Day 8: Chest/Triceps

Cardio: 20min Cycle 8km
                                Flat Dunbell Press: 10x10x2 12x10 14x6
                                Flat Bench Flyes: 8x10 10x8x3 8x10ds
                                Incline Cable Flyes: 5x10 7.5x10 10x8 5x10ds
                                Cable Crossovers: 7.5x10 12.5x10 15x8
                                Tricep Cable Pushdowns: 20x10 30x10 25x14 15x16ds
                                Reverse Cable Pushdowns: 15x10 20x12 20x10 10x20ds

Day 10: Shoulders

Cardio: 21min Cycle 8km

Seated Smith Machine: 10x8x2 12.5x5 10x8x2
                                One Arm Shoulder Press: 10x10 15x10 20x8 25x8 20x6ds 20x8ds
                                Side Raises: 8x8x2 10x8 10x12
                                Side Raises Behind back: 8x10x3
                                Dumbbell: 8x10 12x20 16x20 18x20
                                Rear Raises: 25x10 30x16 35x12x3 30x12x3
                                Cardio: 19min Cycle 8km

I'm going to stop filling in this log, I dont Really have the time tbh and anyway I have my own log going on a printed version which I fill in as I complete each exercise.
                                I completed Day 15 today and I can see big improvements in the increasing weight sizes, I will update here maybe on a weekly basis.

Comment

Programme going well, really enjoying it, never thought I would see mmyself going to the gym on a Saturday evening, finished week 3 today.

Comment

I was flying until last Wednesday when I developed a chest infection along with the rest of the family, decided to go back today, week 5, as I was feeling much better, I was only on my 2nd exercise after my 20min cardio and I started feeling chest pains which started to get so bad that I could hardly breathe so down to the doc for an ECG but all seems to be OK, still have the chest pains though, I'd say there willl be nothing for the rest of the week, a bit annoyed over it as I was really doing well but what can you do.

Comment

Could have a punctured lung, have to see how the pain developes over the next few days

Comment

Working...
                                      X