Drop 2 B4 40

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drop 2 B4 40

Right, I am going to be 40 in January and need to getmyself in shape.

I made the first step this evening in joining a gym, been avoiding that for the last 2 months but made the move earlier and bit the bullet.

I was never one for sports once i got past 14/15 and was always on the plumpy side in my teens, but once i hit the late 20's the pounds started to accumulate.

I gave up the cigs about 10 years ago, went back on them after 6 months but in that time put on an extra 2 stone and been slowly climbing, a half pound every year adds up.

So, i am going from zero excercise, poor enough diet to getting fit and in the process shed 2 stone.

Currently in 5'10 ( hope to be 6'00 at the end)

Weight, varies, like this morning going to bed I was 16st 11 and getting up i was 16st 8, i am sure thats normal enough after a sleep. I will give my starting weight at the lower of the 2, 16st 8.

so, 14st 8 and 6 foot by xmas, i dont hold out much hope of the height gain but one never knows !

I will give a rundown of my diet later and my attempts at some of the machines in the gym.
    This too shall pass.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

GL

Comment

Contact Moneymaker or VforV on here for advice . They are both the nut best for weightloss advice .

Comment

Originally posted by DAMO72 View Post
        Contact Moneymaker or VforV on here for advice . They are both the nut best for weightloss advice .
        I have seen the results Moneymaker made, very impressive.

Few months ago had a back and forth with Ollie about the PB (Primal Blueprint), ate that way for about 10 days but just didnt suit me at the time, bought the book and have only got past the preface.

i dont want to totally immerse myself and become a healthfreak, my aim is to become fit, eat sensible foods and cut back on the drink.

Just by doing these 3 things should get me twords my goal.
        This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
          I have seen the results Moneymaker made, very impressive.

Few months ago had a back and forth with Ollie about the PB (Primal Blueprint), ate that way for about 10 days but just didnt suit me at the time, bought the book and have only got past the preface.

i dont want to totally immerse myself and become a healthfreak, my aim is to become fit, eat sensible foods and cut back on the drink.

Just by doing these 3 things should get me twords my goal.
          Would you not join slimming world. Gillian seems to be constantly eating and she looks amazing after losing all the weight.

Oh dont forget Zumba

Glglglglglgl on your quest!
          Her sky-ness
          © 5starpool

Comment

Quick rundown of what i done tonight, bare in mind i dont really have a clue.

Treadmill, 15mins @ 6kmh
            Cross trainer, 1 mile, that was very hard on my thighs.
            Sitting down flat bike ? 1 mile on that, more of a warmdown from the cross trainer.

They have machine weights and free weights, wouldent have a clue about either tbh, some machine i stuck my chest against and pulled a 50kg weight twords me 10 times, thigh weights, 25 42.5kg reps on both, 1 for inner, 1 for outer, some stomach crunch machine, cant remember what that was.

This was just getting used to the machines, i will set up an introduction to them with one of the trainers so he can tell me what im wasting my time with.
            This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Michelle SatNav View Post
              Would you not join slimming world. Gillian seems to be constantly eating and she looks amazing after losing all the weight.

Oh dont forget Zumba

Glglglglglgl on your quest!
              Men dont join slimming classes !

My misses done all that stuff in the past, points and stuff, simple less in more out, put your body in negative equity.

I dont have a sweet tooth but could never understand why someone would want lo cal chocholate and crisps if they are on a diet, just dont eat the chocholate and crisps ?

Zumba ? Sounds brazillian, cant really dance.
              This too shall pass.

Comment

Best of luck for this Ole.
                "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Diet.

I dont have a sweet tooth but, you see son...i drinks a bit.

I would average about 10 bottles of wine a week and 8-10 pints of beer, this will be greatly reduced, i have set myself a goal of only having some wine on every second weekend,(I work every second weekend so only partake on my weekekds off), 1 bottle friday and 1 saturday, so 2 bottles a fortnight.

With the wine comes binge eating at night, sandwhiches or a pizza etc, this will also be reduced/cut out.

As a smoker i dont eat breakfast, typical working day would be up at 6.15, 2 cups of coffee, breakfast 9.30, cup of coffee and sandwhich, dinner at 1.00, meat and either chips with coleslaw or rice or spuds, no real veg with a bottle of water (used to be coke but stopped that a few months ago), break at 5.00, cup of coffee, home about 8 and would be a wrap or a pizza.

Dont really eat fast food, maybe a takeaway every 2-3 weeks, but i would eat out maybe 2-3 times a fortnight, usually pub crub, some form of burger or steak with fries etc.

Days off would be roll out of bed at hungover o clock, could be anytime between 9am and 1pm, depends if im on nights or days, I work a month of each so kinda throws my bodyclock a tad. Coffee when i get up, may have 5 or 6 cups till dinner time around 7, will have a large dinner, wine and whatever i pick at, usually peanuts or crisps.

Dont use sugar and dont eat deserts as a rule.

My biggest issues would be the alcohol and portion sizes. I dont think calorie wise i eat that much but i dont eat small and often and have heard the body tends to hold on to these calories more, could be BS ?
                  This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                    Best of luck for this Ole.
                    Cheers Danny.
                    This too shall pass.

Comment

"I would average about 10 bottles of wine a week and 8-10 pints of beer" Excuse me? jesus, I'd concentrate on that first!

Anyway, just take advice from guys mentioned above.
                      That diet (PB) is actually lovely and has more options than you think. anyways, GL with it, try to cut down in other areas too dude!

Comment

Diet.

I dont have a sweet tooth but, you see son...i drinks a bit.

I would average about 10 bottles of wine a week and 8-10 pints of beer, this will be greatly reduced, i have set myself a goal of only having some wine on every second weekend,(I work every second weekend so only partake on my weekekds off), 1 bottle friday and 1 saturday, so 2 bottles a fortnight.

With the wine comes binge eating at night, sandwhiches or a pizza etc, this will also be reduced/cut out.

As a smoker i dont eat breakfast, typical working day would be up at 6.15, 2 cups of coffee, breakfast 9.30, cup of coffee and sandwhich, dinner at 1.00, meat and either chips with coleslaw or rice or spuds, no real veg with a bottle of water (used to be coke but stopped that a few months ago), break at 5.00, cup of coffee, home about 8 and would be a wrap or a pizza.

Dont really eat fast food, maybe a takeaway every 2-3 weeks, but i would eat out maybe 2-3 times a fortnight, usually pub crub, some form of burger or steak with fries etc.

Days off would be roll out of bed at hungover o clock, could be anytime between 9am and 1pm, depends if im on nights or days, I work a month of each so kinda throws my bodyclock a tad. Coffee when i get up, may have 5 or 6 cups till dinner time around 7, will have a large dinner, wine and whatever i pick at, usually peanuts or crisps.

Dont use sugar and dont eat deserts as a rule.

My biggest issues would be the alcohol and portion sizes. I dont think calorie wise i eat that much but i dont eat small and often and have heard the body tends to hold on to these calories more, could be BS ?
                        lol such a similar diet we have Only thing though is I stopped the wine a good while back, a couple of months now , so I was approx 7 bottles a week with spirits thrown in on saturdays. whereas now its no more than two bottles , which I am quite proud of. Thought it would be so hard but actually I now know it wasnt actually an addiction but a filthy habit. same crack of eating loads of carbs while drinking it. My diet is still pretty bad but I am working on that in the next week or so and going to join up to slimming world as deffo have a stone to lose!
                        Her sky-ness
                        © 5starpool

Comment

lol such a similar diet we have Only thing though is I stopped the wine a good while back, a couple of months now , so I was approx 7 bottles a week with spirits thrown in on saturdays. whereas now its no more than two bottles , which I am quite proud of. Thought it would be so hard but actually I now know it wasnt actually an addiction but a filthy habit. same crack of eating loads of carbs while drinking it. My diet is still pretty bad but I am working on that in the next week or so and going to join up to slimming world as deffo have a stone to lose!
                          Good on you for cutting back, ah i know i dont have a physical addiction, i have stopped in the past for a few weeks at a time but through boredom went back to boozing, maybe i stop to let myself know i can ?

Now though, i have a goal, and i know i waste so much time being hungover, that hopefully when i see some gains it will reenforce why i dont drink so much anymore !
                          This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by sickhabbit View Post
                            "I would average about 10 bottles of wine a week and 8-10 pints of beer" Excuse me? jesus, I'd concentrate on that first!

Anyway, just take advice from guys mentioned above.
                            That diet (PB) is actually lovely and has more options than you think. anyways, GL with it, try to cut down in other areas too dude!
                            very true, it is something i can just cut out and have done in the past but never saw any weight loss, ok, i didnt exercise but i do remember it felt really good to wake up refreshed. I have a really bad memory, may be down to years and years of alcohol abuse, ill be the first to admit that to myself, one of the reasons i stopped reading books to be honest, if i left it down for a few days i would nearly have to start over again, same with tv and films, after a couple of days i know i watched it but would need a rewatch to remember details.

This bad memory is also one of the reasons i keep boozing i think, i dont remember how good i felt when not. Does that make sense ?
                            This too shall pass.

Comment

I would aim for more height rather than weight then youll look slimmer. Go for 6'5 and 15 stone even.

Best of luck in all seriousness. Its good that you can easily point out the mistakes in your diet/lifestyle so if you can get those changed should be well do-able.
                              airport, lol

Comment

gl with this

i swapped the soft drinks for fizzy water a few months back, I changed nothing else and my belt tells me that has lost me some weight. I'm sure cutting down the booze will help you.

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                  I would aim for more height rather than weight then youll look slimmer. Go for 6'5 and 15 stone even.

Best of luck in all seriousness. Its good that you can easily point out the mistakes in your diet/lifestyle so if you can get those changed should be well do-able.
                                  Hoping for 6'2 but unless one sets realistic goals one will only become disatisfied too fast with lack of results.
                                  This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Loopz View Post
                                    gl with this

i swapped the soft drinks for fizzy water a few months back, I changed nothing else and my belt tells me that has lost me some weight. I'm sure cutting down the booze will help you.
                                    Its just me v's my willpower, "Everyday in everyway i am getting better"
                                    This too shall pass.

Comment

get a dog
                                      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

I have no doubt you'll lose some weight oleras. No doubt at all but you are going at it the very hard way and for a lot of people the unsustainable way. Look at your diet, educate yourself, spend money on the correct foods that you like and suit your lifestyle and you will reap the benefits.

Remember the definition of insanity as per Einstein

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

I'm not a health freak or a health bore I promise you. I'm a guy who stumbled onto a solution so simple and sustainable that I'm pissed off I didn't know about it 10 years ago and I want to spread the word because nobody needs to do it the hard way. But if you think it's not for you then genuinely I wish you good luck with the gym and the caloric restriction.

It'll be good to track your progress here anyway.

All the best.
                                        ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

I wont be doing daily updates but the last 2 days went very well, yesterday i was off so was up at 9am, didnt eat breakfast but had 2 slices of wholemeal toast and 2 boiled eggs for lunch around 1pm, went to gym at 5.30 and done 25mins walking on threadmill and could only manage 7 on the crosstrainer, thighs just wouldent go anymore. Home and dinner was small portion of rice with a breast of chicken. Lots of water during the day but also lots of coffee, slept great from about 1am till 10.30 this morning, only woke twice.

No breakfast either this morning, just coffee, although i had the 2 slices of toast with 2 boiled eggs again, wasnt going to the gym because i have work tonight but said feck it at 2pm and drove in and did 30 mins/3k on the treadmill, will be eating in work later so might have some fruit at 9.30pm and a salad at 1.00am.

No booze consumed now since last sunday,feeling good !

I need to start eating properly, thats something i need to do some research on.

The smoking sure doesnt help, i can really feel that in my lungs.

Also, going to give it a few weeks with the aerobic stuff and then get some lessons on the weights.

Ill be honest here, the last few months if i walk at any kind of pace i would get a numbness near my left wrist...OMG !! GO SEE A DOCTOR !!

I will, i had this pain both wed and thur during exercise but not so much today, going to make an appointment monday morning (working all weekend) and get some cardio tests done just for my own ease of mind.
                                          This too shall pass.

Comment

PM sent

Best of luck with this.
                                            inform yourself in forum with others

Comment

BOL.

Please start eating a breakfast. I can't stress how important it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Lurker23 View Post
                                                BOL.

Please start eating a breakfast. I can't stress how important it is.
                                                I will try, whats BOL ?
                                                This too shall pass.

Comment

Was working nights all weekend so last gym time was friday, sat and sun its not open till 9am but i went this morning at 8am.

Really pushed myself on the treadmill this morning (for me ) set it for 30 mins @6km/h and done 4 mins at 6km and 1 min at 10, fast jog, for the 30min session, really wrecked during it, between my legs, my lungs and my feet, i was working all night so was tired from that anyway, fely great that i had done it.

20 mins on some weight machines, still just finding out how they work tbh, no real plan in place yet till i get a tad fitter.

Home around 9.15 and went to bed, couldent sleep ! Is it a bad idea to exercise before bed ? I though i would collapse and sleep like a dead man ?

Took Lurkers advice and have started to eat 2 weetabix with milk as soon as i wake up, i did find heading to work yesterday that i was very "awake", mentally and physically, and was in pretty good form to boot.

Diet is still all over the place, i know i am not prepared and thinking in advance what to eat but will address that this week.

In work its easy, its all there, fresh fruit salad with plain yogurt for breakfast (that prob cant be the best cos its actually very tasty and tasty things have to be bad for you... ) Salad bar for lunch, cold chicken breast with salad greens and a slice of who;emeal brown and a bananna for last break, when i get home i had 2 weetabix with milk on the last 2 mornings.

Dinner this evening was not planned and i used what was there, 2 wraps with chicken fillets and sweetcorn, was tasty but maybe 2 was 1 too many, i didnt need the second one and felt really stuffed after it.

I was going to go to the gym again this evening but was too tired, i will go in the morning.
                                                  This too shall pass.

Comment

I will try, whats BOL ?
                                                    BOL = Best of luck!

Comment

Originally posted by Lurker23 View Post
                                                      BOL = Best of luck!
                                                      Thanks, decided not to go down the daily weigh ins, i am sure most people fluctuate throughout the day by a few lbs anyway, so decided on a weekly weigh in, roll on wed morning. !

I may have to get some prune juice beforehand though...aint had a movement since friday morning ! Before this i was 1-2 times a day, just dont feel the need.
                                                      This too shall pass.

Comment

Ole, you need to do some research on your diet. VforV's advice is solid.
                                                        This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                        All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                        The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Thanks, decided not to go down the daily weigh ins, i am sure most people fluctuate throughout the day by a few lbs anyway, so decided on a weekly weigh in, roll on wed morning. !

I may have to get some prune juice beforehand though...aint had a movement since friday morning ! Before this i was 1-2 times a day, just dont feel the need.
                                                          Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                                          You've set it up so nice but its just too easy.

Comment

I know I know !!

I am not writing off that diet, just want to get the initial weight loss through not eating crap, cutting the alcohol and excercise.

Even on that diet i would still need to manage portion control, i am sure you cant be putting a 4 egg omlette into you if you want to lose weight ?

I know about fats dont make you fat, your body needs them, but one still has to have a certain calorie restriction on a paleo diet, right ?

What do you think about quorn out of interest ?
                                                            This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface View Post
                                                              You've set it up so nice but its just too easy.
                                                              Mine is more solid atm...lol
                                                              This too shall pass.

Comment

I know I know !!

I am not writing off that diet, just want to get the initial weight loss through not eating crap, cutting the alcohol and excercise.

Even on that diet i would still need to manage portion control, i am sure you cant be putting a 4 egg omlette into you if you want to lose weight ?

I know about fats dont make you fat, your body needs them, but one still has to have a certain calorie restriction on a paleo diet, right ?

What do you think about quorn out of interest ?
                                                                Try it for a week at least, honestly it works and is very easy. So many foods which most people consider to be healthy are counter productive when it comes to losing weight.

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                                                  Try it for a week at least, honestly it works and is very easy. So many foods which most people consider to be healthy are counter productive when it comes to losing weight.
                                                                  Ok, wed is end of week 1. We will see what the weigh in is and take it from there ! Maybe even compare, although i dont know how scientific that will be based on such a tiny sample size of a week...stupid idea.

Edit: i have the book already, i should start be getting into that.
                                                                  This too shall pass.

Comment

Yeah calorie control is important but it comes a lot easier than you'd think.

You're just not hungry enough to indulge.

Insulin Insulin Insulin. Its all about it.

edit: Quorn. Fine. Usually laced with stuffings though but not the worst. Just eat meat though if not a veggie!!
                                                                    All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                    The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Yeah calorie control is important but it comes a lot easier than you'd think.

You're just not hungry enough to indulge.

Insulin Insulin Insulin. Its all about it.

edit: Quorn. Fine. Usually laced with stuffings though but not the worst. Just eat meat though if not a veggie!!
                                                                      Only quorn i ever had was a linda mccartney sausage years ago..lol

We will see what the scales say wed, i know water loss from cells and stuff makes up the majority of weight loss the first few weeks, just dont want to see a 2lb drop !!

Dont want to be flippin and floppen either between diets, RC V paleo, need to stick to one and the more i think about it and reading what Ollie has said it may suit me better.
                                                                      This too shall pass.

Comment

Meh, couldent wait till tomorrow so weighed myself this morning.

Starting weight: 16st 8
                                                                        This morning: 16st 1

Loss of 7lbs, wont get overexcited as its mostly water but am quiet pleased

Breakfast this morning was 2 eggs scrambled with some mushrooms...we will give this Primal thing a blast !

Going to cut out the weetablix in the morning, realise now its full of sugar and refined ingredients...it took me a week but i am slowly getting there with regard to diet, hopefully.

Gym in a while and 30mins threadmill. i know this kinda goes against the lift heavy but i need to get some level of fitness first.
                                                                        This too shall pass.

Comment

Meant to say. Don't worry about the heavy lifting just yet! Dial in your diet first.

When you lose a bit of weight then go see a doc before getting into the heavy lifting. It could be more harmful than good if you havent ever done it before and are coming from a very sedentary lifestyle.

Keep up the walking/jogging for the mo and dial in the diet and go from there.

Comment

Quick update.

Initial weight 16:08
                                                                            Today 15:09

Its slowing down, as expected, but nearly a stone in 2 weeks is ok, clothes feel much looser, face is not as full and have lost the redness in my face since no alcohol in ~18 days.

Energy levels are really shit though, as good as zero carbs since last wed, whatever i am getting from green veg, kale, brocoli spinich etc.

I am sure i am just not eating enough. Gym time has only been 3 times in the last week, done some situps monday, just 10 but feels like i had a c-section since then, even turning in the bed is sore !

Proably the best thing so far to come from this is how much the cigaretts are hampering my ability to get cardio fit, i just cant sustain any high intensity. With that on my mind for the last 2 weeks i made a decision to stop smoking, started on Champix Tue and have a quit date for sat 13th of october.

All is good.
                                                                            This too shall pass.

Comment

#39
                                                                              Quick update.

Initial weight 16:08
                                                                              Today 15:09

Its slowing down, as expected, but nearly a stone in 2 weeks is ok, clothes feel much looser, face is not as full and have lost the redness in my face since no alcohol in ~18 days.

Energy levels are really shit though, as good as zero carbs since last wed, whatever i am getting from green veg, kale, brocoli spinich etc.

I am sure i am just not eating enough. Gym time has only been 3 times in the last week, done some situps monday, just 10 but feels like i had a c-section since then, even turning in the bed is sore !

Proably the best thing so far to come from this is how much the cigaretts are hampering my ability to get cardio fit, i just cant sustain any high intensity. With that on my mind for the last 2 weeks i made a decision to stop smoking, started on Champix Tue and have a quit date for sat 13th of october.

All is good.
                                                                              well done!!!

Fuck the champax go on the electronic one. Im telling you , you will not smoke again. Im a week tomorrow and its so easy. those champix have side effects!!!

plus this way will cost you 11 quid every 2 to 3 weeks.

Her sky-ness
                                                                              © 5starpool

Comment

#40
                                                                                Oleras, go on the champix.
                                                                                Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

#41
                                                                                  well done!!!

Fuck the champax go on the electronic one. Im telling you , you will not smoke again. Im a week tomorrow and its so easy. those champix have side effects!!!

plus this way will cost you 11 quid every 2 to 3 weeks.

http://www.ngs4u.com/e-cigarette/87-...n-ego-ce4.html
                                                                                  Champix = way to do it!!

Last jan 2011 I was prescribed the starter pack, 28 days.

Not sure on the mechanism but I know by day 6 any ciggie I lit was stubbed out after couple of puffs.

Day 8 I stopped. Unbelievable for a 20-30 a day smoker.

Side effects was weird dreams for first 10ish days, prob body craving nicotine. Also never take your daily tab on empty stomach, I learned that the hard way!

I guess we can all have different side effects but after giving up the smokes il be f*cked if I'm gonna start smoking electronic ones!!!

GL with it!

Comment

#42
                                                                                    Only saw this now.

Get in touch with me via PM and we'll arrange something.

I'm currently setting up my own website for lifestyle consultations, meal plans and stuff like that. Before I publish it i'd like to get a "guinea pig" or two and prove I can actually get results with people.

Hit me up and we'll arrange a face to face or a skype call. FOC.

There's great advice here already mind.
                                                                                    Last edited by Moneymaker; 04-10-12, 13:38.

Comment

#43
                                                                                      Starting weight 16-8
                                                                                      Current weight 14-6....

Should have had a prop bet.

Can we lock this up for a while mods. Cheers.
                                                                                      This too shall pass.

Comment

#44
                                                                                        Over two stone in 6 weeks,fair play to ya. You'll have to share your secrets with us some day.

inform yourself in forum with others

Comment

Working...
                                                                                        X