Strength

Deadlift
    5 @ 60kgs
    5 @ 100kgs
    3 @ 120kgs
    2 @ 140kgs
    1 @ 160kgs
    12 x 1 @ 180kgs (every two minutes)

Okay, posterior chain and legs a bit fried.

Chin Ups
    5 x 5 - interspersed these with the Deadlift warmups.

Rowing Block

8 x 30s; 4min rest

Look, got through it. Going to look on the positives and hopefully we'll be able to do better next time.
    "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

So my first post on this log was the 26th January 2013, just over three year's ago. The amount of progress since then has been phenomenal. I fundamentally look and feel different than I did back then. The last three or four months represent the first real phase during that period where I've gone backwards. I've been training - just training two or three times a week as opposed to the four or five times that had become commonplace. On top of that a lot has been going on in terms of life stuff, and there's been a lot of booze and stress without near the amount of sleep to compensate. I tested Press, Squat and Deadlift over the past week and the results were humbling:

Squat: 160kgs
      Press: 80kgs
      Deadlift: 220kgs

So my strength has dropped off some. I'm not massively concerned as I haven't had the training volume or focus necessary to maintain or progress. It's time to get back to the drawing board. I have nothing dramatic planned. Just going to do a few weeks of linear progression on the lifts and try to get the training volume back up to a consistent four sessions a week of decent quality. I've been playing a competitive game of indoor football every Tuesday night of a reasonable pace and quality and that will continue for the next couple of months. It's very enjoyable, but carries a much bigger recovery implication than a regular training session but that's okay for now.
      "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Welcome back.

Comment

Glad to see you posting again. Any underlying goal/target for the year?

Comment

Tuesday 2nd February, 19:00

Warmup

Stretching
            Scap Band Work
            Foam rolling

Strength

Had done "Karen" on Saturday (150 Wall Balls) so my legs were in ribbons going into this.

Strict Press
            8 @ Bar
            5 @ 40kgs
            3 @ 50kgs
            3 x 5 @ 60kgs

Decent bar speed through the working sets

HBBS
            8 @ Bar
            5 @ 60kgs
            3 @ 80kgs
            3 @ 100kgs
            3 x 5 @ 110kgs

I've lost my way with squatting over the past few months. These were slightly off and much tougher than they ought to have been (leg fatigue accepted).

Pull Ups
            5 x 5

Hammer Curls
            4 x 8 @ 15kgs Dumbells

Conditioning

Hour of Indoor Football
            Ended up on a team of four versus five for 40 mins of this which made it all the tougher. Legs in ribbons today.

Comment

Originally posted by The C Kid View Post
              Welcome back.
              Cheers man, great to see you logging

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
              Glad to see you posting again. Any underlying goal/target for the year?
              Cheers Mellor.

I don't know to be perfectly honest! This was last year:

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
              For this year:

HBBS: 170kgs 185kgs - but that was a post Smolov peak that I haven't maintained
              Deadlift: 250kgs 242.5kgs - was a very ambitious target and I can't really be unhappy to put over 15kgs on in a year
              Bench: 125kgs 120kgs - nope! My technique on the bench is terrible and I'd probably need specific coaching with a Powerlifting coach to get it right
              Press: 90kgs 88kgs - and this heartbreaking miss at 90kgs
              500m Row: 1:18.9 Nah - never even attempted it

I'm not going to set 2k or 5k row goals. I think power and strength will be the focus for another year. If I achieve all of the above then next year it might be time to look into some bodyweight / bf % goals during 2016. Slowly, slowly we'll get there.
              1 / 5, but very solid years on Press and Deadlift too. I also push pressed 105kgs at the end of last year which was an 18kgs improvement mostly due to technique progression.

To be honest right now I don't really think my goals are anything other than getting back in the groove and recovering a bit of strength loss. If we end up the year back at peak strength levels and back training consistently that would be just fine.
              Last edited by LuckyLloyd; 03-02-16, 21:00.

Comment

I also push pressed 105kgs at the end of last year which was an 18kgs improvement mostly due to technique progression.
                105kg push press. That's class.
                I've a feeling my push press technique is terrible. Got a really tough 76.5kg push press in November. I think I find thrusters easier, not sure if that right.
                Press strength feels like it falls off quicker than other lifts

Comment

Saturday 6th February, 10:00

Not a great week as it turned out, struggling with a dose and running a slight temperature all week so the aim today was to simply get something done.

Mobility

Scap Band Work
                  Scap Slides
                  Scap Push Ups

Strength

Bench Press
                  8 @ Bar
                  5 @ 60kgs
                  3 @ 80kgs
                  5, 5, 4 @ 90kgs

Ah heyor! Just have to accept this new world of being weak for a little while.

Deadlift
                  5 @ 60kgs
                  5 @ 100kgs
                  3 @ 140kgs
                  1 @ 160kgs
                  5 @ 180kgs

Actually happy enough with the bar speed there.

Comment

Nice to see you posting again

Comment

Lloyd, any plans for doing the open this year?
                      I'm thinking about doing the workouts once a week. If there was a few of us (4+), a CF Open thread might be worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                        Lloyd, any plans for doing the open this year?
                        I'm thinking about doing the workouts once a week. If there was a few of us (4+), a CF Open thread might be worth it.
                        Absolutely! I'll start a thread tomorrow I think

Comment

Absolutely! I'll start a thread tomorrow I think
                          I threw up a quick thread as week 1 is underway.
                          Feel free to amend as needed.

Comment

Working...
                          X