FT of $4.50 180 on stars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FT of $4.50 180 on stars

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, 4.5 Tournament, 500/1,000 Blinds 100 Ante (8 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from http://www.flopturnriver.com

CO (t7,750)
    Button (t18,249)
    SB (t46,345)
    Hero (BB) (t63,029)
    UTG (t7,706)
    UTG+1 (t38,525)
    MP1 (t46,828)
    MP2 (t41,568)

Hero's M: 27.40

Preflop: Hero is BB with J, 5
    5 folds, Button raises to t2,000, SB calls t1,500, Hero calls t1,000

Flop: (t6,800) A, 7, 2 (3 players)
    SB checks, Hero checks, Button checks

Turn: (t6,800) 6 (3 players)
    SB bets t2,000, Hero calls t2,000, 1 fold

River: (t10,800) 4 (2 players)
    SB bets t4,200, Hero raises to t10,500, SB calls t6,300

Total pot: t31,800

Results below:
    SPOILER

SB didn't show
    Hero had J, 5 (flush, Jack high).
    Outcome: Hero won t31,800

just wondering about play on the turn and thoughts on raising v flatting
    The smarter you play the luckier you'll be
    MTT Calender 2015

Looks like you got max value as is. A turn raise might get you a call but you'd likely get no river action.

Comment

Make it 16.5k on the river. The small raise looks so valuey. A bigger raise on that board texture will look more bluffy and you might get called lighter than a small raise. Turn is fine.

Comment

forgot about this hand
        caller had 77 for a flopped set, was discussing with a friend who said i should always be raising the turn but i prefer the flat in this spot. if i raise the turn i prob only getting action on river from hands that beat me. I also keep in his bluffs and fact i'm chip leader 8 handed i keep pot smaller v hands that beat me on river.
        I agree the river raise should be bigger and i would rarely raise this small
        MTT Calender 2015

Comment

Are we happy enough calling this raise pre with J5?
          Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

i'm on BB v a min raise J,5s is a fairly standard defending hand v a min bet
            MTT Calender 2015

Comment

Originally posted by Nuttkickker View Post
              i'm on BB v a min raise J,5s is a fairly standard defending hand v a min bet
              Im not having a go here and im well off the pace in regards to poker these days. Is that not a standard raise on the button these days from a competent player. Im playing few smaller buyin MTTs these days and I probably would not be defending that light.
              Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Originally posted by tipp86 View Post
                Im not having a go here and im well off the pace in regards to poker these days. Is that not a standard raise on the button these days from a competent player. Im playing few smaller buyin MTTs these days and I probably would not be defending that light.
                yeah i defo would have folded this a few years ago but poker has changed and i of the main changes is you will see players defending very light from bb v a min raise. about 18 months ago the min raise got very popular(min raising eveything didnt stay popular for too long) and players started to defend bb a lot wider. you will usually be get great odds and especially if its v a lte position raise u know is very wide
                MTT Calender 2015

Comment

Working...
                X