Golf Betting Log

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jens danthorp 20 win 50/1
    His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Lucas bjornherd 10 ew 125/1
      His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Van zyl 20 win 20/1

Comment

Brendan steele 10 ew 80/1

Comment

Allred or alldead 20 win 40/1

Comment

Horrible week last week. Some very stupid bets and chasing a bit also which is never advised. Should have stayed away from African Open completely.

Week Starting Bank €2,222.50
              Weekly loss €220
              End Bank €2,002.50

Anyway back in the saddle and on 2 horses for this week.

The world matchplay can be a very frustrating event and also unpredicable. However I saw 2 prices that looked pretty tasty.

My first bet is Ian Poulter. Has 3 Semi final appearances in 9 years and at 35/1 (backed on Monday) he is a great e/w bet. I was expecting 25/1 so 20 euro e/w

My second is Stephen Gallagher. In a rich vein of form and has the game to suit dove mountain. He lost to Poulter in the first round last year but is in the easiest bracket IMO and at 125/1 is a decent e/w bet 10 euro e/w

A friend of me reminded me of bet in this he had a couple of years ago. He rarely bets at all but he got word from Ronan Flood who was a client of his that ben cranes shoulder was fucked and there was no way he would beat Justin Leonard so he went 50 euro a point on the spread. It pissed rain and the course was way too long for leonard. Crane hammered Leonard and he lost €2,500. Crane played 2 holes the next day and pulled out.
              Last edited by elbows; 18-02-14, 23:00.

Comment

Well that was a good start. Poulter played shite and Gallagher bottled it.

Anyway looking at the brackets I have 4 fancies which I have done an accumulator on and 4 trebles. GMAC, Kucher, Walker and Simpson. at 5/1,7/2,6/1,9/2 with B365.

Total invested €30.

Comment

Accum on Dubuisson, Dufner, English and Day €50 at just over 8.5/1.

Comment

Dropped 30 on another accum in running. But backed mcdowell in running at 14/1 outright 20 and 14/1 to win match 10

Comment

Fowler. Els and mcdowell 40 euro accum just over 3s from earlier

Comment

Annoyed I didn't back Dubuisson as tipped him to mate of mine for the matchplay a couple of weeks ago. McDowell saved me some loot anyway. I had a feeling he would do Mahan and managed to nip in at 14/1. Annoyed I didn't go 20.

Week Starting Bank €2,002.50
                        Weekly loss €90 (€240 Invested, €150 Returns)
                        End Bank €1,912.50

This week went for Casey and Stroud €10 e/w at 125/1 and 100/1 from yesterday.

Casey was 4th in this a few years ago and is coming back to form and had a win last year. Stroud has 2 top 10's in this and a couple of top 5's in the last 6 months.

Comment

Added Hudson Swafford yesterday

He is my follow off a cliff guy for this year 10 ew

Comment

Went in again on stroud 5 ew at 150/1

Comment

and Derek Ernst 10 ew 200/1

Comment

Del morel 10 win 25/1. Nicolas Thompson 10 ew 80/1 wo rory

Comment

Not a great week but reasonably close with Stroud and Casey both T11. Casey got it going a few times but never finished off his rounds.

Had a couple of bets on Sunday I didn't put in at the time as I was out. A bit annoyed I didn't go for Henley on Sunday.

Week Starting Bank €1,912.50
                                  Weekly loss €140
                                  End Bank €1,772.50

On to this week and I wasn't going to bother as nothing stood out at the prices but after listening to Justin Rose saying the course was very different this year and basically like learning a new course. I went for a debutant in a player I like Chris Kirk. T.11 last week with a decent finish on Sunday and also Doral has bermuda greens which Kirk has shown a likeness for. 90/1 is a good price. 10 e/w.

Comment

days of betting on golf pre are dead. such a bunch of talent there that is dumb to do it.
                                    Maybe bet/lay on the majors are the exception but? no still going to lose.

Still betting on rory for the masters and if he fails it will be carried over until next yearS. course made for him, if he never wins there i give up. Maybe woods has become a putting wizzard in his spare time.

Great sporting moment i want to see is rory and woods playing together down the stretch for a major and wouldnt care about a bet, greatest golfer of my generation v the prentender.

Id like do that for every major rolling. What odds ? ok probably needs a time limit. 7 years

OPPS. Thought this was the golf betting thread. didnt mean to interurpt . Hope it goes well. But point stands so i wont delete. Pre tournament bets are net loser the game is designed for in running. Hard to get a win on tour these days for anybody
                                    Last edited by mugsy; 05-03-14, 00:57. Reason: edit

Comment

Originally posted by mugsy View Post
                                      days of betting on golf pre are dead. such a bunch of talent there that is dumb to do it.
                                      Maybe bet/lay on the majors are the exception but? no still going to lose.

Still betting on rory for the masters and if he fails it will be carried over until next yearS. course made for him, if he never wins there i give up. Maybe woods has become a putting wizzard in his spare time.

Great sporting moment i want to see is rory and woods playing together down the stretch for a major and wouldnt care about a bet, greatest golfer of my generation v the prentender.

Id like do that for every major rolling. What odds ? ok probably needs a time limit. 7 years

OPPS. Thought this was the golf betting thread. didnt mean to interurpt . Hope it goes well. But point stands so i wont delete. Pre tournament bets are net loser the game is designed for in running. Hard to get a win on tour these days for anybody
                                      I do agree with you and most of my money has been made in running. Currently reviewing my bets and scaling down pre tourney betting.

Comment

I have gone for Hudson Swafford in Puerto Rico 80/1 10 ew. Convinced this guy will win and this tourney with weaker field might be the ticket.

Comment

Going with Gmac in running 10 ew 80/1

Comment

Adding Jimmynez 100/1 10 ew 1 back. seems a bit big

Comment

Came close enough with McDowell and Jiminez, it was a pity the wind didn't keep blowing.

Week Starting Bank €1,772.50
                                              Weekly loss €80
                                              End Bank €1,692.50

A bit distracted by Cheltenham so only had a quick look in the us.

Justin Leonard is worth a pop at 125/1. 4th last year in this and has a 2nd place finish already this year. He is playing a reduced schedule and looks to be playing better this year. 10 e/w

Comment

Added woody austin 5 ew 500/1 and ben crane 20 euro ew 50/1
                                                Last edited by elbows; 14-03-14, 20:19.

Comment

Starting bank 1,692.50
                                                  Weekly loss 70
                                                  End bank 1,622.60

Nothing to write home about last week. Gone for kirk this week 75/1 10 ew doing this on my phone so will explain why later

Comment

Added Chesson Hadley €10 E/W 80/1

Comment

Starting bank 1,622.50
                                                      Weekly loss 40
                                                      End bank 1,582.60

Frustrating week with Kirk never really going well and Hadley getting to within 1 of Scott on Saturday and then falling away horribly.

Texas open this week and I always back Brendan Steele here and in Phoenix. €20 e/w 35/1. He is in better form this year than last year and loves it round here. Has won this and finished fourth in 2011 and 2012. I think this is a great e/w bet

Added Scott Brown at 300/1 €5 e/w, a bit speculative but he is capable of winning and has some good form from the latter part of last year.

Also had another masters bet, Immelman at 250/1 €10 e/w price looks too big for someone who has shown a little bit of form this year and has some decent finishes in Augusta since winning it.

Comment

Added Thompson 90/1 and Justin Leonard 125/1 yesterday (unfortunately) €10 e/w on both

Comment

Originally posted by elbows View Post
                                                          Added Chesson Hadley €10 E/W 80/1
                                                          in the mix again, surely has to click & put the 4 rounds together one of these days!
                                                          think immelman will be in my masters team too

Comment

Added Donald to my masters portfolio also

Comment

Starting bank 1,582.50
                                                              Weekly loss 150
                                                              End bank 1,430.60

Not a great week got involved a little too heavily on Sunday but Kooch and bowdich were taking up so much of the market and didn't fancy either of them to close it out. I was glad to see bowdich win it to be honest.

Taking a break before the big one.

Absolutely love the masters despite it being my worst betting major where I have never backed the winner from the start.

I don't generally get involved early but I saw a few nice prices and took them, have poulter donald and immelman. Added Grace thanks to Dice. T18 on his masters debut last year and has the game to compete there and 200/1 is a big price

Comment

Masters is nearly upon us and always a great spectacle. The weather looks reasonable and hopefully no rain delays. Was watching a few of the old masters films last night, when Tiger beat dimarco he putted from the 13th green into the water (had forgotten that tbh), also had 7 birdies in a row, a magic chip in at 16 (Immelman had a hole in one the previous group) and then bogeyed 17 and 18 and wins in the playoff.

No tiger this year and this masters is here for the taking. I don't go for rookies and GMAC gave a great interview about his debut and this summed up why rookies generally find it difficult to win.

I had a good few ap bets, Donald, Poulter, Watney, Immelman and Grace.

I am happy enough with them and have not added any others for the outright.

I added Jimmy Nez and Immelman for first round leader.

Good luck everyone and enjoy the golf.

Comment

Sorry I have not been updating this for a couple of reasons.

We were opening a new beshoffs shop and work was manic and also have stopped doing online bets as I had to take money out of my accounts and going for bank loan in a few months and need clean bank statements. Doing some cash bets but it is much more difficult as having to settle for worse prices which is not ideal. After blowing my load on the masters I took a break and B/E on Sawgrass with Jimmy Walker and had a nice touch on Shane Lowry last week nearly a huge touch. So pretty much exactly where I was prior to the masters.

Comment

Working...
                                                                  X