Right line??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Right line??

This is a spot early in an 22dollar on stars.

Its not a spot i need analyzed just wondering whether my line is right as only recently have i actually started to think about what my opponents cards are No hands on villain

PokerStars Hand #99035475469: Tournament #734703398, $20+$2 USD Hold'em No Limit - Level II (15/30) - 2013/05/24 9:09:18 ET
    Table '734703398 8' 9-max Seat #8 is the button
    Seat 1: pjt.poker (6200 in chips)
    Seat 2: fruktpam (4295 in chips)
    Seat 3: bamboocha171 (8285 in chips)
    Seat 4: Evgen_591 (4300 in chips)
    Seat 5: PO3blCK/IOXA (5105 in chips)
    Seat 6: tidge444 (4905 in chips)
    Seat 7: Allexa1705 (5135 in chips)
    Seat 8: cvetka_rožka (5175 in chips)
    Seat 9: lemilanais06 (8983 in chips)
    lemilanais06: posts small blind 15
    pjt.poker: posts big blind 30
    *** HOLE CARDS ***
    Dealt to tidge444 [As Kc]
    fruktpam: folds
    bamboocha171: folds
    Evgen_591: folds
    PO3blCK/IOXA: folds
    tidge444: raises 45 to 75
    Allexa1705: folds
    cvetka_rožka: folds
    lemilanais06: raises 165 to 240
    pjt.poker: folds
    tidge444: raises 360 to 600
    lemilanais06: calls 360
    *** FLOP *** [Ac 4h 5c]
    lemilanais06: checks
    tidge444: checks
    *** TURN *** [Ac 4h 5c] [6d]
    tidge444: bets 540
    lemilanais06: calls 540
    *** RIVER *** [Ac 4h 5c 6d] [Ah]
    tidge444: bets 3765 and is all-in
    lemilanais06: calls 3765
    *** SHOW DOWN ***
    tidge444: shows [As Kc] (three of a kind, Aces)
    lemilanais06: shows
    tidge444 collected 9840 from pot
    *** SUMMARY ***
    Total pot 9840 | Rake 0
    Board [Ac 4h 5c 6d Ah]
    Seat 1: pjt.poker (big blind) folded before Flop
    Seat 2: fruktpam folded before Flop (didn't bet)
    Seat 3: bamboocha171 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
    Seat 4: Evgen_591 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
    Seat 5: PO3blCK/IOXA folded before Flop (didn't bet)
    Seat 6: tidge444 showed [As Kc] and won (9840) with three of a kind, Aces
    Seat 7: Allexa1705 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
    Seat 8: cvetka_rožka (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)
    Seat 9: lemilanais06 (small blind) showed

I check behind on the flop so as to disguise my hand and hopefully get value on future streets and also to induce some action from him. Should i be looking to bet the flop to get more money in the pot hoping to get value from a weaker ace? When he calls the turn i feel he has a lot of pocket pairs or 1 pair hands in his range so when the board pairs on the river my thoughts are that it looks to him that my hand is polarized? Or is it just because this particlar villain could have been a weak player?

Any help appreciated!

Main points:

1. Use a hand converter, serious headache going through that data.
    2. A lot of people will disagree with me on this but I like a bigger open raise (3x) in the first few levels of large tournaments, just a personal preference. I like the 4 bet as long as you have a plan if you're 5 bet.
    3. Big fan of the check back after the 4 bet pf but what was your plan if opponent lead the turn?
    4. Bet sizing on turn is too small after flop check, I'd be betting 900 ish
    5. River is strange as he probably ended up hero calling. I guess your jam looked bluffy to him. I would have went for small value as I wouldn't have thought he had much after he checked river. Shove worked well for you though.
    http://carlmorrissey.blogspot.com/
    http://twitter.com/#!/Moro88

Comment

I don't usually 4 bet AK pre this early in a tournament. I'm betting the flop if checked to me. As played, i bet bigger on the turn and i think your river shove looks really strong so i'd only bet 1/2 - 3/4 pot. Altho, i'd have bet the hand so that i have a pot size bet left to shove the river

Comment

played it perfect, pretty safe flop to check on given the pre-flop action, u have most of his range dominated and checking lets him think he may be ahead, i am quite happy to give a free card here as he is drawing to 2 or 3 outs most of the time. A on the river helps too weather he had a smaller ace or big pair. River bet looks like a bluff and players will find it hard to fold strong pairs like JJ,QQ
        Last edited by Nuttkickker; 24-05-13, 15:29.
        The smarter you play the luckier you'll be
        MTT Calender 2015

Comment

Originally posted by drive56 View Post
          This is a spot early in an 22dollar on stars.

Its not a spot i need analyzed just wondering whether my line is right as only recently have i actually started to think about what my opponents cards are No hands on villain

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, 22 Tournament, 15/30 Blinds (9 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from http://www.flopturnriver.com

BB (t6,200)
          UTG (t4,295)
          UTG+1 (t8,285)
          MP1 (t4,300)
          MP2 (t5,105)
          Hero (MP3) (t4,905)
          CO (t5,135)
          Button (t5,175)
          SB (t8,983)

Hero's M: 109.00

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A, K
          4 folds, Hero bets t75, 2 folds, SB raises to t240, 1 fold, Hero raises to t600, SB calls t360

Flop: (t1,230) A, 4, 5 (2 players)
          SB checks, Hero checks

Turn: (t1,230) 6 (2 players)
          SB checks, Hero bets t540, SB calls t540

River: (t2,310) A (2 players)
          SB checks, Hero bets t3,765 (All-In), SB calls t3,765

Total pot: t9,840

Results below:
          SPOILER

SB didn't show
          Hero had A, K (three of a kind, Aces).
          Outcome: Hero won t9,840

I check behind on the flop so as to disguise my hand and hopefully get value on future streets and also to induce some action from him. Should i be looking to bet the flop to get more money in the pot hoping to get value from a weaker ace? When he calls the turn i feel he has a lot of pocket pairs or 1 pair hands in his range so when the board pairs on the river my thoughts are that it looks to him that my hand is polarized? Or is it just because this particlar villain could have been a weak player?

Any help appreciated!
          FYP

Comment

Def prefer a peel pre this deep, playing for stacks is gross if he 5b. I go b,b,b if villain is reggy, since we would continue all of our bluffs on this board so its important to balance with the top of our value range, and it makes us more likely to get stacks in by river going 1/4 pot, 1/2 pot, AI than by two streets as played. Vs weaker opponents with random 2 cards checking is fine obv. As played more on turn to set up a smaller river jam.
            "c'est en faisant n'importe quoi qu'on devient n'importe qui"

Comment

Originally posted by Winning! View Post
              Def prefer a peel pre this deep, playing for stacks is gross if he 5b. I go b,b,b if villain is reggy, since we would continue all of our bluffs on this board so its important to balance with the top of our value range, and it makes us more likely to get stacks in by river going 1/4 pot, 1/2 pot, AI than by two streets as played. Vs weaker opponents with random 2 cards checking is fine obv. As played more on turn to set up a smaller river jam.

Can't remember the last one of Winning!'s posts that I've disagreed with! So basically this.

Comment

Working...
              X