What's the right play in this spot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's the right play in this spot

Advice on how to play this hand. I was playing in an online tournament $25 double stack on I poker. Was going steady enough sitting around 14th out of 34 players remaining. Then I found myself with pocket 6 on the button. Blinds are 400/800 with antes. Everyone folds around and it's up to me to act. So SB has about 6k and BB has same stack as me 14k. I decided to jam my stack and was called by AQ hearts by the BB as a result it cost me my stack as BB flops top two pair. Any adivce on what I should o done here. I was thinking raise/ fold to a shove. Please help all advice welcome im always trying to improve my game.

Originally posted by nellsor View Post
    Advice on how to play this hand. I was playing in an online tournament $25 double stack on I poker. Was going steady enough sitting around 14th out of 34 players remaining. Then I found myself with pocket 6 on the button. Blinds are 400/800 with antes. Everyone folds around and it's up to me to act. So SB has about 6k and BB has same stack as me 14k. I decided to jam my stack and was called by AQ hearts by the BB as a result it cost me my stack as BB flops top two pair. Any adivce on what I should o done here. I was thinking raise/ fold to a shove. Please help all advice welcome im always trying to improve my game.
    Raise 2.5x and when he inevitably shoves his AQ suited, you fold.

Comment

i answered your post in the general poker thread on this hand, raise call them both unless the BB is a nit

Comment

I think jamming is fine. You're only behind to 8 hands and you'll pick up the blinds a ton of times and win races against 2 overs when called more than you'll lose. Presuming that's the 10.45pm(ish) $2k game? They usually only pay 12-15 so you've still a long way to go. Fold v Steal stats would be handy on the players in the blinds as would your image. If they're tight and been folding a lot, then i'd probably just make a standard raise and reconsider if they jammed. Some players in that game are bad enough to defend sub 20 bigs and check/fold a lot of flops aswel. Jamming is good if you want to get hands like KJ to fold. Raise/calling is good if you want to get hands like KJ to jam on you. Raise folding 66 there would generally be seen as bad

Comment

I think you played the hand correctly!!

Comment

btw dont b too results oriented!!!!! if you made the correct decision at the time, be content with that, taking what the bb had out of the equation, should you shove 66 on the button with sub 20 bb???

Comment

Thanks for comments and advise there folks. Was keen to get some insight from others. Defo helps to get a 2nd opionion. And thanks chips seen your post today.

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                I think jamming is fine. You're only behind to 8 hands and you'll pick up the blinds a ton of times and win races against 2 overs when called more than you'll lose. Presuming that's the 10.45pm(ish) $2k game? They usually only pay 12-15 so you've still a long way to go. Fold v Steal stats would be handy on the players in the blinds as would your image. If they're tight and been folding a lot, then i'd probably just make a standard raise and reconsider if they jammed. Some players in that game are bad enough to defend sub 20 bigs and check/fold a lot of flops aswel. Jamming is good if you want to get hands like KJ to fold. Raise/calling is good if you want to get hands like KJ to jam on you. Raise folding 66 there would generally be seen as bad
                Nellsor regarding the stats Flushdraw mentions here are you using some sort of tracker software on line if not ask him about it, its VERY important as all the serious/winning players use tracking .
                Atlantis Events Beat The Boss Saturday 7th Mar @5pm €5,000 Gtd The Dolmen Carlow

Comment

this really comes down to the players left in the feild if there good or not you can make a case for shoving or raise calling there both +ev but im never raise folding hear in fact im never raise folding 20 bigs no matter what i have so there for dont open light if there s big antes i prob shove hear stop all them 10 j suited hand s and Ax hands shovng on me id rather let the AX HAND CALLING IT of not really giving him the rite price and then its easy to keep this balanced if you pick up KK QQ JUST SHOVE IT LOOKS WEAKER they always think your just gonna raise your big hands and shove all small pairs and kq suited hands so they call with wider ranges and easy double up

Comment

Originally posted by jazzyfish View Post
                    this really comes down to the players left in the feild if there good or not you can make a case for shoving or raise calling there both +ev but im never raise folding hear in fact im never raise folding 20 bigs no matter what i have so there for dont open light if there s big antes i prob shove hear stop all them 10 j suited hand s and Ax hands shovng on me id rather let the AX HAND CALLING IT of not really giving him the rite price and then its easy to keep this balanced if you pick up KK QQ JUST SHOVE IT LOOKS WEAKER they always think your just gonna raise your big hands and shove all small pairs and kq suited hands so they call with wider ranges and easy double up

Comment

Originally posted by *PocketRockets* View Post
                      ?

Comment

Nothing, just the longest sentence ever...

Comment

Originally posted by jazzyfish View Post
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5mWQFGF7w8

Comment

Working...
                          X