Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What did I do wrong here please.

Hello all.

I was playing a local game last night and the following happened.
    I'm wondering if I done something wrong here.

Button has 35k
    Small blind has 23k
    Big blind me has 32k

Blinds are 500/ 1k

The button and the small blind limp in I'm im the big blind with AQ off suit.

I raise to 4K. The button calls and the small blind fold.
    The flop comes down A82 rainbow. I bet 8k the button calls.

10 on the turn, there's a possible flush draw now. I go all in

The button snaps he has 10 8 off suit.

And I'm out.

The button is a loose enough player, how should I have played it?

Thanks in advance.

not alot wrong really i dont love your pot size flop bet because i would think most of the time people will fold alot of stuff you want them calling with.
    but since someone is calling with second pair half their stack then maybe its ok here.
    villian shouldnt have called pre or on flop most of the time he wont get so lucky,this was just one of the few lucky times he hit

Comment

Originally posted by noname1255 View Post
      i dont love your pot size flop bet because i would think most of the time people will fold alot of stuff you want them calling with.
      but since someone is calling with second pair half their stack then maybe its ok here.
      Yeah the fact the Villain called an almost PSB, with T8/middle pair on an ace high board, after the hero raised OOP preflop. Which would suggest that the latter is correct.
      Anything he folded there, wasn't putting money in again imo.

If he made it any smaller, he'd have to make a pot size shove, or even oversize shove on the turn. I much prefer the 8k flop bet to set up the 20k into 25k shove on the turn.
      Last edited by Mellor; 20-01-16, 09:25. Reason: Stuttering

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
        Yeah the fact the Villain called an almost PSB, with T8/middle pair on an ace high board, after the hero re-raised OOP preflop. Which would suggest that the latter is correct.
        Anything he folded there, wasn't putting money in again imo.

If he made it any smaller, he'd have to make a pot size shove, or even oversize shove on the turn. I much prefer the 8k flop bet to set up the 20k into 25k shove on the turn.
        I'm just being pedantic but he didn't re-raise. It was just a single raise afetr two limps.

I agree with the rest. In a local game he probably knows the players too so 8k is fine to get it in on the turn.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
          I'm just being pedantic but he didn't re-raise. It was just a single raise afetr two limps.
          That was just my st-stutter acting up.

typo edited

Comment

Thanks guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I think you played it close to optimal. Your bet sizing is more or less fine as on the flop you set up a 20k into 25k turn shove.

Personally I'd have popped it to 5.5k to narrow the buttons calling range a little more and price out SB completely if button calls, then fired 8.5k into 12k on the flop to set up the effective 18k (62%) turn shove.

Villain played the hand like a donkey and got lucky. Shit happens, don't give it a second thought.

Comment

Thanks Nic.

Comment

The only way to win in retrospect was either all in before the turn or get out losing least and fold.

But the point of looking over hand histories is not to simply do with the perspective you had then but what you can see now.

The way you play will do better over time. You didn't play badly. It could have gone either way for you.
                  This is a Shashka. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AN3uhImuy6E Ty Menya Ne Ishi. Ti menya ne stoish. 'Do not look for me you are not worthy of me.'

Comment

Working...
                  X