Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dobby View Post
    Leo giving us a pep talk at 8.55 on vm1

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
      It's on RTE and VM1 at the same time by the looks of it.
      Yeah, I just knew about the vm1 cos the missus has been working on it since 3pm today when she got the call. Not ideal and a lot of change needed. Didnt post it cos I was asked not to by her.

Dont think its anything major. Just a pep talk by all accounts.

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
        There is a 10 minute test, Irish company developed it, not sure that it’s been used just yet though
        Hibergene was a company I came across but it was an hour and won't be ready for months.

A couple of UK & international companies trying the same but not sure they're in use yet.

Comment

Like a lot of people I've been depressed out of my mind last few days, will prob post about it at some stage.

For now, for a better mood, this is bringing me some joy.

Irish Band the Mary Wallopers live gig on YouTube.

Comment

Originally posted by Jibzzzz View Post
            Like a lot of people I've been depressed out of my mind last few days, will prob post about it at some stage.

For now, for a better mood, this is bringing me some joy.

Irish Band the Mary Wallopers live gig on YouTube.
            Themselves and Lankum really revitalizing trad recently
            Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
              Did Trump just say he's getting all Pharma production back into America. Cant rewind the feckin TV right now. Live Presser.
              He tried to buy German based CureVac, who are working on a vaccine, for $1b in order to give exclusive assess to America. Its American CEO was then sacked. The company said it wanted to have a vaccine for the whole world, not just America.

Comment

Leo might just be announcing the new government . Wouldn't that be marvellous. More likely shutting down of ipb with the spike in probable cases on here .

Firing up Kingdom later .

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                  Leo on the box at 9. Bit worrying.
                  Surely the government/Taoiseach should be addressing the nation daily? Silence just allows rumours to gain traction?

Here in Canada, Trudeau has been in front of the media the last few days addressing the media and answering questions. This is also on top of each province's Premier and leading medical professionals having a press conference and Q & A.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                    Themselves and Lankum really revitalizing trad recently
                    Junior brother worth an honorable mention too.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                      FAO: RDIII

I am impressed. Did you cut that out of raw timber or is it basically lego for adults?
                      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Belgium in lock down from midday tomorrow
                        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                          Leo on the box at 9. Bit worrying.
                          Nothingburger, there’s been nothing from the cousins friends brothers on WhatsApp

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                            Could do something like:

7pm - $5 NL Holden
                            7.30pm - $5 Omaha
                            8pm - $5 HU
                            8.15pm - $5 Omaha Hi/Lo
                            8.30pm - $10 NL Holden ME

Prizepool as generated for all games above, but also points awarded based on players+finishing position.

$10 entry that goes into the overall leaderboard and paid out to top 2/3

Can work on something a little more concrete if enough people are interested. Thank this post and I'll look at something later, and we could run it on Thurs or Friday.
                            This got enough interest, so will set something like this up for Friday night. Gives people a few days to get thing in order. Have to reset my Home Game club because it looks like Stars deactivted it. You still can't play on the app which is a shame though. Lets have some fun and banter along the way, just like the old days.

Speaking of old days, i was looking for the last episodes of the IPBCOOP because not everyone would have been around in 2013!

It was a bit of a disaster in terms of numbers, but White Knight took it down. Good to see memories of 72over being involved in these type of things.

Originally posted by Flushdraw
                            6 players in total for tonight's 2 games. Fitting end lol. Congrats to White Knight who takes the crown. Shame we couldn't play it out, but it just wasn't happening. Will get funds shipped back tomorrow.

White Knight - LuckySparky - $99
                            Flushdraw - FlushdrawIRE - $68
                            AKDonk - christyoc - $47
                            NuckChorris - 2d@mng00d - $46
                            Bohsman - Lckyfish - $15
                            72over - Puntmaster - $15
                            Fiend - Jesus_God - $15
                            Dice75 - Underraiser - $15

Cheers for everyone that got involved. Can't see there being a next time, but we could do something on a smaller scale over a week or so towards the end of the year for those interested.
                            IPBCOOP 2011 had a better turnout, with a decent prizepool.

I managed to bink it, with Kenny 2nd and Premierstone third

1st - $592 - Flushdraw
                            2nd - $322 - Kenny1208
                            3rd - $161 - scart888
                            Start looking at some other posts i started, and we had the Miniclip 8-ball pool championships, which was won by Jigggaman

Congrats to Jigga on winning the first crown. I'm itching to take it off him already!!

wp all

Money shipped to everyone

$65 to Jigga (€53 on MB)
                            $35 to ikilldurr1
                            $10 to Caf
                            In 2011, we also had the $5k added Boylepoker HU League, when Ciaran Corbett was an absolute legend on the poker scene, and gave us so much value.

White Knight yet again scooping the goods and a +$2k payday, with bohsman, AndyFB an myself having almost $1k paydays too.

Roll of Honour

Serie A

Serie B

Serie C

H2H

Serie D
                            The year before, we triumped that with a $10k added Boylepoker HU league

We had some sickos taking part back then, and the poker boom was well and truly in full swing, because we had pretty big turnouts for considering the buying amounts.

Serie A - This will be a $300 buyin and each game must be for a minimum of $20
                            Serie B - This will be a $170 buyin and each game must be for a minimum of $10
                            Serie C - This will be a $110 buyin and each game must be for a minimum of $5
                            Serie D - This will be a $60 buyin and there is no minimum per game.
                            Moving away from poker, werewolf played a bit roll here, and i ran 6 of the first 20 games. Some great crowds turned up to take part, with some weird and wacky roles and games.

There were Sheep games, sweepstakes and all sorts of fun.

This virus might be hitting us from all angles, no matter what corner of the world you are in, but it's good to be part of a generally level headed of group of people, where we can see different angles of so many things. Let's keep the good community spirit going in here, and get back doing some of the fun things we used to do.

Comment

FAO: RDIII

Great job. If you’re taking orders we’re looking for an outdoor swing bench. Something like this. Already have a table and chairs.
                              ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                Nothingburger, there’s been nothing from the cousins friends brothers on WhatsApp
                                I beg to differ. I got my mate's mate's brother is a Garda and apparently..... at 20:20.

Comment

Gonna order the gear for something like this tomorrow, assuming things are still functioning:

Comment

Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users like fadedthrough.

Someone built this out their back in Galway apparently. The most beautiful thing I've seen.

Your move, GAB.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                        The first sentence above is probably true. Not certain though.

The second sentence is sensationally bad advice. The rent increase cap doesn't apply to first rents so if a landlord has a chance to get rid of someone on a reasonable rent then not paying for a month or two would give them a pretty solid reason for evicting you when the Covid thing passes.

If you can't pay it then you can't pay it. But don't assume there won't be consequences eventually for that.
                                        I also disagree with what Lloyd said but more due to the fact that people will leave their houses when told to by their LL, people are terrible with confrontation, especially some vulnerable ones.

The bold bit is untrue AFAIK? I think you have to wait two years before setting a new rent like that.
                                        Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 17-03-20, 20:57.

Comment

Originally posted by Jibzzzz View Post
                                          Junior brother worth an honorable mention too.
                                          I know Ronan, worked with him for 2 years. Gas cunt and great craic. Wouldnt be a great fan of his music but great to see him doing well and have gone to a gig or 2 just to support him when I was able.

Comment

Lockdown coming... Virgin media 1 9 pm
                                            Her sky-ness
                                            © 5starpool

Comment

I'm hoping for free sweeties!

Comment

When a broadcast by the Taoiseach, Charles J. Haughey, warned that, "...as a community, we are living away beyond our means", the nation braced itself for Mi...

Kind of hoping for something like this
                                                You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Just got the croker test centre video.
                                                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                  Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                  https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                    I also disagree with what Lloyd said but more due to the fact that people will leave their houses when told to by their LL, people are terrible with confrontation, especially some vulnerable ones.

The bold bit is untrue AFAIK?
                                                    I mean that if I have a tenant paying 1,000 a month and I evict them then I can charge the next tenant whatever I like. I am only bound by the increase limits for the current tenant.

Comment

I mean that if I have a tenant paying 1,000 a month and I evict them then I can charge the next tenant whatever I like. I am only bound by the increase limits for the current tenant.
                                                      I thought you meant that, this appears to say different? That you must wait two years?

RTB operates Ireland's National Tenancy Register and resolving disputes between Landlords, tenants and third parties. Governed by residential Tenancies Act 2004. View more information on landlords and tenancies.

Where a new tenancy commences in an RPZ, a landlord is required to set the rent in accordance with the RPZ formula, unless the property is exempt from rental restrictions. It is important to remember that a beginning a new tenancy does not mean completing a rent review and setting a new rent. A rent review in an RPZ can only be undertaken every 12 months.
                                                      Exemption 1: the initial setting of the rent on a dwelling which has not been rented for a period of two years prior to the immediate tenancy commencement date. All rent reviews thereafter must adhere to the RPZ formula.

Comment

Who posted the video from Tim Robinson's episode on The Characters Netflix show recently? The sketch that was posted I have watched many times since and can't get it out of my head. It's just fantastic imo. Needs to be watched in full for all its beauty: (1.16 in)

This is "Netflix Presents: Tim Robinson" by Andrew Gaynord on Vimeo, the home for high quality videos and the people who love them.

He has a Netflix sketch show called I think you should leave which I'm going to watch. Searched for it in Youtube for a clip and this was the first one I saw, very good:
                                                        Will Forte torments fellow SNL alum Tim Robinson in this insane sketch from the Netflix Original Series 'I Think You Should Leave with Tim Robinson.'Watch I ...

Lately I have been watching a lot of videos from Key and Peele's series from a few years ago. They are as good a duo of comedy actors as I have ever seen. Their expressions and timing are so spot on, and they are very versatile (especially Jordan Peele).

A man plays some country tunes for his new neighbor, but they disagree about the music’s subtext.About Key & Peele: Key & Peele showcases the fearless wit of...

Two men intervene in a Civil War reenactment to make it more realistic. About Key & Peele: Key & Peele showcases the fearless wit of stars Keegan-Michael Key...

An HBO documentary dives deep into the deplorable conditions at Vincent Clortho Public School for Wizards.About Key & Peele: Key & Peele showcases the fearle...

Mr. T teaches two kids to respect each other’s fashion choices. About Key & Peele: Key & Peele showcases the fearless wit of stars Keegan-Michael Key and Jor...

A DJ can’t seem to satisfy a club patron who has very specific musical tastes.About Key & Peele: Key & Peele showcases the fearless wit of stars Keegan-Micha...

Two con artists attempt to out-con each other. About Key & Peele: Key & Peele showcases the fearless wit of stars Keegan-Michael Key and Jordan Peele as the ...

Levi unveils the strange and magical objects he keeps around his apartment. About Key & Peele: Key & Peele showcases the fearless wit of stars Keegan-Michael...

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                          I thought you meant that, this appears to say different? That you must wait two years?

https://onestopshop.rtb.ie/rent-pres...gaAtD1EALw_wcB
                                                          That only applies in rent pressure zones, albeit that is basically everywhere now...

Comment

That only applies in rent pressure zones, albeit that is basically everywhere now...
                                                            I believe there is no limit to how much you can increase rent in a non rent pressure zone, however you can only increase to "market rent" and not above.

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                                              Lockdown coming... Virgin media 1 9 pm

This is exactly why I didnt post earlier that he was making a speech. Satnav, wherever you're getting your info, stop using that source cos they're clearly muppets and you're a muppet buying into nonsense.

Comment

This is exactly the right tone, unifying.

Comment

Phenomenal speech.
                                                                  Profit before people.

Comment

This is exactly why I didnt post earlier that he was making a speech. Satnav, wherever you're getting your info, stop using that source cos they're clearly muppets and you're a muppet buying into nonsense.
                                                                    Why the fuck is he coming on talking about what we already know. Huge emergency announcement from news... And he's, fucking waffling 😡
                                                                    Her sky-ness
                                                                    © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                      This is exactly the right tone, unifying.
                                                                      You loved the handful of Churchill stuff in there I'd say.

Comment

Why the fuck is he coming on talking about what we already know. Huge emergency announcement from news... And he's, fucking waffling 😡
                                                                        It's called leadership Michelle.

Comment

That was a top class broadcast from Leo
                                                                          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Playing a blinder here Leo.
                                                                            This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                            All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                            The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Nice words, advice and shit but what?

Comment

Fine Gael are class in a crisis tbf

Comment

Still no clearer
                                                                                  Back to work tomorrow

Comment

I would have left out the Marvel reference myself!

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                                      Fine Gael are class in a crisis tbf
                                                                                      The fact that Leo is a doctor is clearly a help. You can see he just got the scientific advice from the word go.

Compare and contrast to Trump and BoJo.

Comment

Sharon Ni here in the wingsuit.
                                                                                        All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                        The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Nowhere did it say anything about a lockdown though. In fact he tweeted himself yesterday saying there wouldnt be a lockdown. I'd say give the aul social media a break cos you're full of hyperbole

Comment

I've got that exact item on my list of things to build. I've never done one before though so need to give it some thought.
                                                                                            Abuse withdrawn.

Application for garden furniture manufacture lesson submitted.

Comment

Amazing stuff. Exactly what is needed, leadership, informative and clear, not insular looking either.

In good hands

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                                                                                Sharon Ni here in the wingsuit.
                                                                                                More of a Collette fan on vm1, has that lovely milf look to her.

Comment

I've got that exact item on my list of things to build. I've never done one before though so need to give it some thought.
                                                                                                  I’ll take the second one when you’ve worked out the kinks!
                                                                                                  ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Not All Hero's wear capes??

My dad just over shingles, assuming after a red banner on his TV emergency announcement. And he assuming a lock down. That was utter PR fucking knob
                                                                                                    Her sky-ness
                                                                                                    © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                                                                      Amazing stuff. Exactly what is needed, leadership, informative and clear, not insular looking either.

In good hands
                                                                                                      Yeah, but the people that need to listen and cop the severity of this aren't watching and won't listen.

Comment

Always worth remembering that there's hundreds of thousands of people who'd only get info from the News, and nothing from the internet. Important to keep them in the loop here.

Comment

Nowhere did it say anything about a lockdown though. In fact he tweeted himself yesterday saying there wouldnt be a lockdown. I'd say give the aul social media a break cos you're full of hyperbole
                                                                                                          I think, if the time comes for a lockdown, given the leadership so far, there wouldnt be a peep.

Not All Hero's wear capes??

My dad just over shingles, assuming after a red banner on his TV emergency announcement. And he assuming a lock down. That was utter PR fucking knob
                                                                                                          You are having a nightmare the last three days.

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post

In good hands
                                                                                                            For now.

Although you would imagine FF, and to a lesser extent SF, if they have any sense whatsoever, would be quite happy to row in behind this legacy government.

The three people front and centre here - Leo, Harris and Coveney - really standing firm under the most extreme pressure imaginable. Leadership, as Kayroo said.

Comment

That wasn't a good speech. It wasn't a great speech.

It was the best political speech ever delivered by a Taoiseach.

Comment

Sister in law is an ICU nurse in Sligo, lives in donegal. She left for work this morning with stuff packed and doesn't expect to be home for weeks. Three kids back at home.

The sacrifice of the very front line is absolutely real

Comment

Would you ever fuck off. My dad who is recovering from shingles and a heart condition rang me when he saw emergency Announcement coming and he hoped this was the lockdown as he's, so stressed.

I'm on paid leave I'm fine my parents, are high risk so go fuck yourself
                                                                                                                  Her sky-ness
                                                                                                                  © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                                                    For now.

Although you would imagine FF, and to a lesser extent SF, if they have any sense whatsoever, would be quite happy to row in behind this legacy government.

The three people front and centre here - Leo, Harris and Coveney - really standing firm under the most extreme pressure imaginable. Leadership, as Kayroo said.
                                                                                                                    Suspect we will see a FG-FF government announced this week now. Leave the cabinet exactly as it is and announce this is just to allow the government to legislate through the crisis.

Comment

Where's Bubbleking?

Comment

That wasn't a good speech. It wasn't a great speech.

It was the best political speech ever delivered by a Taoiseach.
                                                                                                                        Agreed although I would remove the word 'political' from your last sentence.

Comment

Would you ever fuck off. My dad who is recovering from shingles and a heart condition rang me when he saw emergency Announcement coming and he hoped this was the lockdown as he's, so stressed.

I'm on paid leave I'm fine my parents, are high risk so go fuck yourself
                                                                                                                          Calm down Michelle. A lockdown wouldn't help your father. I presume he is self-isolating anyway. He is locked down. Whatever limited interaction he has now would be the same as in any possible lockdown. Food deliveries the only main interaction, no other human contact.

I hope your father is ok. My mother is in a very high risk group too so I share your worry.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X